Artisan Kitchenaid For $150 At Lowe's

Decorating By SweetieD Updated 17 Oct 2007 , 11:51am by cakeatopia

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 10:35pm
post #451 of 881

Scooooooooooooooooooooooooooore! I got 2 no questions asked. I got green apple for my Mama and Brushed Copper for moi! I have a pink one less that 2 years old but I was gonna get the other stuff anyway! Feel like I won the lottery!

Elle

AuntieElle Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 10:37pm
post #452 of 881

Oh annnnnnd the add was still in the store. Page 2 big as you please.

Elle

Chefperl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefperl Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 11:57pm
post #453 of 881

SO EXCITED!!!!!!!
I called my sister in law, who i know needed a new KA, to tell her about the sale.
She was so excited she bought 2 and the best part.....SHE BOUGHT ONE FOR ME!!!!!!!!!
My new kitchen has all black appliances so I got the imperial black and she got copper and brushed nickel.
thank you to whoever started this thread, you are truely my new Best friend.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 12:10am
post #454 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcdmarie

OK thank you everybody!!!
So can I use the Lowes rebate
and the Kitchen aid rebate together?

You better check into that, b/c I don't think you can. One the rebate form that I saw, stated in small print, said it could not be used if you purchased from BB&Y or Lowes.

My Lowes told me there was no rebate offer at all on any mixer right now. I did find out that the one I purchased did not qualify for the rebate through Lowes or Kitchen Aid(since I purchased at Lowes). But still I am sastified with a $549.99 mixer for $150!

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 12:26am
post #455 of 881

you know, lowes is actually at this point not losing money...think about this...how many mixers have they sold in just this week? how many mixers do they sell in a regular week? they are making a ton of money off of us cause everybody is buying one because of their "screwup"...i bet they might try to do another "screwup" lol just to get alot of people to buy alot more of a product..

lardbutt Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 12:33am
post #456 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letmebeurdesignr

you know, lowes is actually at this point not losing money...think about this...how many mixers have they sold in just this week? how many mixers do they sell in a regular week? they are making a ton of money off of us cause everybody is buying one because of their "screwup"...i bet they might try to do another "screwup" lol just to get alot of people to buy alot more of a product..

I hope you're right. And I really hope they screw up on a brushed nickel finish fridge!!!!!!!!lol I wish I could get one of those for $150!

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 12:44am
post #457 of 881

All I can say is, it pays to read....even if it is just all those dang ads in sunday's paper.

The link that Miriel provided, a few pages back, has the different rebate forms, depending on where you purchased your KA. There is one for BBB, one for Lowes and one for anywhere except BBB & Lowes. Good shopping.

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 12:58am
post #458 of 881
Quote:

I seriously doubt that. Their cost on those mixers has to be more than what they are selling them for right now. They are losing money this way....I worked in retail for years....no matter how many they sell, they won't make money.

candice1988 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candice1988 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 12:58am
post #459 of 881

No you probably cant use both rebates because I think you have to send in the original upc and you only have the one on the box.

Chefperl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefperl Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 1:02am
post #460 of 881

MessyBaker,

which KA did you get that the price was 549? did you get the 6 qt?
the one that i was told was on sale was orig. 349.99

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 1:07am
post #461 of 881

[/quote]Chefperl wrote:

MessyBaker, which KA did you get that the price was 549? did you get the 6 qt? the one that i was told was on sale was orig. 349.99[quote]

Chefperl, i got the 530 dollar mixer...the salesman at lowes gave me the model number..i pretended like i didnt have the model number and i asked him which one i was getting and he told me the metallic series...i was like oh goodie and didnt open my mouth about the price..lol

AuntieElle Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 1:07am
post #462 of 881

Shyster Lowes! I read the rebate info from Lowe's carefully and the numbers they put on the rebate form don't match ANY of the Artisan Stand Mixers! Not anoyone I have spoke with anyay. I bought the satin copper and green apple both item #161490. The rebate has item #'s 148386, 51758, 184335. I went to the website to search my item number 161490 and it comes up with a KA Professional, KA hand mixer and I think a toaster. I'm gonna send it in anyway but I'm not expecting much. They screwed this whole thing up. Rebate and all. I cannot complain getting 2 mixers for less than I would pay fo one. I'm not gonna bit(# about 60 bucks. Just thought I'd put that out there.

Elle

MessiET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 1:46am
post #463 of 881
Quote:

According to my 14 year old son: "who would even think of buying a mixer at Lowe's? - Nobody buys cake making stuff there! I don't think they've sold any yet" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 1:54am
post #464 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieElle

Shyster Lowes! I read the rebate info from Lowe's carefully and the numbers they put on the rebate form don't match ANY of the Artisan Stand Mixers! Not anoyone I have spoke with anyay. I bought the satin copper and green apple both item #161490. The rebate has item #'s 148386, 51758, 184335. I went to the website to search my item number 161490 and it comes up with a KA Professional, KA hand mixer and I think a toaster. I'm gonna send it in anyway but I'm not expecting much. They screwed this whole thing up. Rebate and all. I cannot complain getting 2 mixers for less than I would pay fo one. I'm not gonna bit(# about 60 bucks. Just thought I'd put that out there.

Elle

Actually those three included in the rebate at Lowes are the in-stock numbers for the colors they carry in the store. If you special order the same colors, they have different item numbers. It's a black one, a red one, and a silver one, but they have to be the ones in stock. At the Lowes I went to, they wouldn't give me the one off the shelf with a price override, they made me special order the same color to get the $150 price, which in turn did not qualify for the rebate. Still, $150 is a great deal!

lardbutt Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 2:19am
post #465 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefperl

MessyBaker,

which KA did you get that the price was 549? did you get the 6 qt?
the one that i was told was on sale was orig. 349.99

I ordered the brushed nickel one from the "Metallic Series" That's why the price was so high. They are the same Artisan mixer, like the others. It's the outside finish that's soooo pretty. I would never thought about getting the more expensive one just for looks, but ALL of the Artisan mixers were $150. Couldn't pass that up!!! Oh, and the price $549.99 came off of the KA website. I'm sure they are a cheaper price in stores.

My second choice had they not let me order the brushed nickel one would have been the metallic crome one. Again, I don't know why they named it that when it's not in the metallic series! I saw it on the shelf for display and it's really pretty too! The difference, as far as I can tell, is the finish is painted on the regular ones and in the Metallic series, it just the finished metal. That probally makes no sense! The finish on the one I bought will be just like the appliances in my kitchen, not smooth and shiny.
It also qualifies for the rebate. Keep in mind, I did not know that at the time, or would have probally come home with it. The sales associate was very nice, but he kept telling me there wasn't any rebate offers. I was hoping to get the print out on my receipt, but it did not happen. I kinda wonder if it would have printed out had I purchased the other one. Who knows?

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 2:50am
post #466 of 881

Now at our Lowes....my sister was able to get her mixer off the shelf for the 150 price plus got the printout for the 30 dollar rebate. The guy said they couldn't special order it if they had it in stock. Of course I ordered the brushed nickel...hopefully that is what comes in ...but no rebate on the metallics...which is fine with me....

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 2:54am
post #467 of 881

I'm coming into this late in the game, is this offer still available? How do you get it? Is it online or only in stores? Can someone fill me in? Thanks-Katie

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 2:57am
post #468 of 881

Oh yeah...I finally told my husband that I bought a new mixer since I wouldn't be home when they call to say it is in....So he say's to me..." So are you going to sell your other KA mixer?.... NO!...." what do you mean no?..... Well the other KA is a prof 600 mixer....and this new one is the brushed nickel....so no....I will have 2 mixers when I get my new kitchen.... icon_lol.gif

icantcook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icantcook Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 3:05am
post #469 of 881
Quote:

They are making $$ off this deal. While I was there ordering Penny (test name to see if I like it) I noticed the lamp shades were 20% off. I spent $45.24 on 3 shades I wouldn't have bought there for if it hadn't been for the ad error to pull me in. I know my $42 isn't exploding their profit margin, but I can't be the only one who made another purchase while I was in there.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 3:12am
post #470 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by culinarycreations

I'm coming into this late in the game, is this offer still available? How do you get it? Is it online or only in stores? Can someone fill me in? Thanks-Katie

It is still available - I've been told till Thursday 7/26. Cannot be online, only in stores. You can go to the stores or phone in your order.

2 models are on sale for $150: Artisan and Custom Metallic series

Artisan: item number KSM150PSxx with many colors
Custom Metallic: item number KSM152PSxx with 3 colors (satin copper, true chrome, brushed nickel)
where xx is the color code. See this link for the colors: http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/sub_category.asp?HDR=standmixers&CAT=mixer5qt

A lot of us have special ordered the colors we wanted. Some were able to get instock items for Artisan black, red and metallic chrome. These 3 colors (if you are able to buy instock) are eligible for a $30 rebate from Lowe's.

Or you can price match at Bed Bath & Beyond, Linens N Things and use their 20%off and $30 mail in rebate for an Artisan mixer for $90.

Or price match at Sears with 10% off and $30 rebate for an Artisan mixer for $105.

Further rebate info on this link: http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=401133&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=326

lardbutt Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 3:13am
post #471 of 881

Penny? That's a great name! What a hoot this thread has been! Well, when Penny gets there let us know. We would love to meet her!

Lowes didn't make any extra money off me! It took forever to convince DH that I NEEDED this!

AuntieElle Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 3:13am
post #472 of 881

thanks for clarifying that Laura! I got the satin copper which was $529 on the KA site. I'm sure they are cheaper elsewhere. I cannot complain one bit for getting 2 foe 324$$$. GREAT DEAL! Couldn't pass it up!

Elle

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 3:16am
post #473 of 881

So, it's not the professional 6qt. What size is it? Thanks!

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 3:20am
post #474 of 881

What color is Penny? Copper?

lardbutt Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 3:23am
post #475 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by culinarycreations

So, it's not the professional 6qt. What size is it? Thanks!

It's the 5 qt., 325 watt, Artisan mixer on sale for $150. It comes in many colors.

Ginnycakes3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ginnycakes3 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 3:26am
post #476 of 881

At last! Here it is---My KA Mixer in Tangerine icon_biggrin.gif LOVE IT! thumbs_up.gif It's so Beautiful too look at I'm gonna hate to get it dirty ..LOL icon_wink.gif
LL
LL

lardbutt Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 3:30am
post #477 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginnycakes3

At last! Here it is---My KA Mixer in Tangerine icon_biggrin.gif LOVE IT! thumbs_up.gif It's so Beautiful too look at I'm gonna hate to get it dirty ..LOL icon_wink.gif

She's a beauty! But I bet in her heart she can't wait for you to get powdered sugar all over her. She was born for it!!!!! icon_lol.gif

mhooper12000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhooper12000 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 4:02am
post #478 of 881

I hope this works for me. I'm going to go first thing in the morning to Lowes. I have a 10% off coupon that they sent me as well so let's hope I can get one for the $150=) I would like to get one of the metallic series KA's because they are pretty and it's a better deal, but I'm afraid that it just won't go in my kitchen. I currently have the Pink breast cancer KA and I love it because it was my first mothers day present but it really doesn't go with my all black appliances. I will cherish it forever but I may have to display the new one. Maybe I'll go for black. Please keep your fingers crossed that I can at least get one. I have a bad feeling that I won't get one=( I was so excited about it when I saw this post. Thanks to whoever posted it and I'll let everyone know tomorrow how it works out. I don't have an original copy of the ad. That's why I am afraid that it won't work. icon_eek.gif

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 4:05am
post #479 of 881

I live in Alaska and went to Lowe's grabbed a flyer and NO KITCHEN AID MIXER. Where is it in the flyer? I looked through it three times.

: (

mamabaer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamabaer Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 4:09am
post #480 of 881

I just went tonight to get one. Couldn't get a 20% coupon for BB&B or Linens and things, so I just went to Lowe's. Ended up going really late at night and there was no one at the appliance counter. I had to have a guy come over from another dept. who didn't know anything about it. I had him order the metalic chrome in stock one. Came up the original price, but he didn't know why it was doing it and overrode the system and brought it down to $150 to match the ad. Best part...I got to the front, paid for it, got the $30 rebate slip, and the girl said, "you just ordered one we already have in stock...might as well just take it now instead of wait on it!" So I got to take it home tonight!

I am so excited I can hardly sit still. I NEVER thought I would own one. We never have money for stuff like this. But Hubby loves a good deal and said I deserved it since he is always getting to buy tools (he is a carpenter by trade) WOOHOO!!! I can't wait to use it! Thanks so much to the people who did the research and shared it with all of us! I appreciate it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%