Artisan Kitchenaid For $150 At Lowe's

Decorating By SweetieD Updated 17 Oct 2007 , 11:51am by cakeatopia

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 7:41pm
post #511 of 881

My local store said they would honor the BBB coupon, I called yesterday and spoke to the manager. He said no problem, I then wrote down his name, the time and date I called to bring with me when I pick it up. He said they would have to re-ring the purchase and to bring my original receipt with me. He was actually very kind about it and gave me no problems at all. I am hoping to get the same reaction when i pick it up armed with my receipts, coupon and his info.!
I figure I can't get the rebate but this will give me the same $30 back and quicker than waiting for the rebate check in the mail!

Tracy

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 7:42pm
post #512 of 881

Not sure about the Lowes rebate. I was talking about the Kitchenaid one from their website.

Good luck, though!

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 8:21pm
post #513 of 881

I printed off the rebate coupon for lowes. Was there one from Kitchenaid?

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 8:27pm
post #514 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by okieinalaska

I printed off the rebate coupon for lowes. Was there one from Kitchenaid?

Will you share where you printed off a rebate form for Lowes? I could not find and info on their site about it.

Thanks!

okieinalaska Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 8:29pm
post #515 of 881

Its here in this thread...it's some kind of coupon site or something, they show a pic of the ad at the bottom but above that is the rebate to print. I will see if I can find it.

ShaunaCann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShaunaCann Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 8:31pm
post #516 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbittner

My local store said they would honor the BBB coupon, I called yesterday and spoke to the manager. He said no problem, I then wrote down his name, the time and date I called to bring with me when I pick it up. He said they would have to re-ring the purchase and to bring my original receipt with me. He was actually very kind about it and gave me no problems at all. I am hoping to get the same reaction when i pick it up armed with my receipts, coupon and his info.!
I figure I can't get the rebate but this will give me the same $30 back and quicker than waiting for the rebate check in the mail!

Tracy

Great, I will try this! You all have been so helpful!

lardbutt Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 8:32pm
post #517 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeatopia

hmmm went today and scoured the ads and NOTHING!! Even went to the shelves and nothing was advertised. (Bet dh is sending vibes to the store--lol). Oh well! I asked the register when I was buying light bulbs, and she wasn't aware of it and I did not want to go head to toe with them. It wasn't in the ad, so I went home. Maybe next time!

GO STRAIGHT TO THE APPLIANCE DEPT. COUNTER! Tell them which model # you would like to order for the KA Artisan that is on sale. It will come up when they order it as $150. My even came up for $150 when I paid at the register. No questions asked. No override needed. good luck!

lardbutt Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 8:35pm
post #518 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by okieinalaska

Its here in this thread...it's some kind of coupon site or something, they show a pic of the ad at the bottom but above that is the rebate to print. I will see if I can find it.

If it is the one I'm thinking of, the fine print states that it can't be used if purchased at Lowes or BB&Y. I am curious now!

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 8:39pm
post #519 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parable

Hey Miriel,

I just checked and my Pistachio (unnamed at this time) left CO @ 11:39 this morning thumbs_up.gif but scheduled delivery is still 7/30. Is Marmalade with her?

Hey Judy!

Aww they are not on the same bus icon_sad.gif

Mine left Commerce City, CO at 11:48.

miriel Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 8:41pm
post #520 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by icantcook

You were reading my mind - that's why I couldn't sleep last night!

I just got off the phone with a KitchenAid customer service rep. She said it is covered in a coating sort of like a polyurethane, so it is sealed. Cosmetic damage is not covered in the warranty, just motor/electric/mechanical parts. I also asked about the other metallics. The slick shiny chrome does not have that covering. She is not positive about the brushed nickel, as she said when you rub your hand over it it is smooth, not "ridgy" feeling like you would expect to feel on a "brushed" finish.

If anyone needs more info, the KA company number is 800-334-6889. Only about 3 menu options to go through before you get to a nice human.

So, I'm thinking it would be like a clear coat paint finish. If I change my order to a paint finish, there is no guarantee that I wouldn't chip off some pink paint sometime in the next 20 years, right? I'm nervous, but I think I will take a chance on Penny. At least if I knock off some clear coat, the copper will still be there. If I knock off pink paint, then the silver base coat will show.

I emailed a KA rep from the KA official forum. Here's her response:

The custom metallic Stand Mixer in the satin copper finish, will not
oxidize over time. Our Stand Mixers are protected with a clear coat
finish.

Regards,

KitchenAid Phoebe

I think we can breathe easier now. I'm keeping Coco, for the same reasons you have.

miriel Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 8:52pm
post #521 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyBaker

Will you share where you printed off a rebate form for Lowes? I could not find and info on their site about it.

Thanks!

Here's the Lowe's rebate coupon (only for in-stock black, red and metallic chrome): http://www.lowespromos.com/PDFs/1598-1.pdf

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 8:57pm
post #522 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by miriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parable

Hey Miriel,

I just checked and my Pistachio (unnamed at this time) left CO @ 11:39 this morning thumbs_up.gif but scheduled delivery is still 7/30. Is Marmalade with her?

Hey Judy!

Aww they are not on the same bus icon_sad.gif

Mine left Commerce City, CO at 11:48.

Where are you guys getting this delivery information? LOL, I hope Marmalade is not riding alone...

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 8:57pm
post #523 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by miriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantcook

You were reading my mind - that's why I couldn't sleep last night!

I just got off the phone with a KitchenAid customer service rep. She said it is covered in a coating sort of like a polyurethane, so it is sealed. Cosmetic damage is not covered in the warranty, just motor/electric/mechanical parts. I also asked about the other metallics. The slick shiny chrome does not have that covering. She is not positive about the brushed nickel, as she said when you rub your hand over it it is smooth, not "ridgy" feeling like you would expect to feel on a "brushed" finish.

If anyone needs more info, the KA company number is 800-334-6889. Only about 3 menu options to go through before you get to a nice human.

So, I'm thinking it would be like a clear coat paint finish. If I change my order to a paint finish, there is no guarantee that I wouldn't chip off some pink paint sometime in the next 20 years, right? I'm nervous, but I think I will take a chance on Penny. At least if I knock off some clear coat, the copper will still be there. If I knock off pink paint, then the silver base coat will show.

I emailed a KA rep from the KA official forum. Here's her response:

The custom metallic Stand Mixer in the satin copper finish, will not
oxidize over time. Our Stand Mixers are protected with a clear coat
finish.

Regards,

KitchenAid Phoebe

I think we can breathe easier now. I'm keeping Coco, for the same reasons you have.

Phew! Thanks, I'll be able to sleep tonight now! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

miriel Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 9:00pm
post #524 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectqueen

Where are you guys getting this delivery information? LOL, I hope Marmalade is not riding alone...

We purchased Pistachio and Marmalade from BB&B. They emailed UPS tracking numbers for them.

meharding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meharding Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 9:01pm
post #525 of 881

Can you stand one more post on this? icon_eek.gif I have bought 6 of these things now...I know it's a sickness..lol. One is for my mom she is 80 and can't get out to run errands and wanted one for my brother for Christmas. The rest are for my kids and SIL for Christmas. What a deal. Many thanks to all of you for your very savvy advice on how to get this deal. I went to two Lowes and one BB&B to get them all. The first Lowes was reluctant but did it. The second Lowes was really reluctant and kept saying "this isn't right" and shaking his head. The folks at BB&B were great! They all said I was paying less for the KA's than they did. Wow I had to live to be 45 before I got my KA and all my kids will have them in their 20's & early 30's icon_lol.gif

miriel Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 9:02pm
post #526 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavacakes

Phew! Thanks, I'll be able to sleep tonight now! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

You, me and Icantcook can all sleep well tonight icon_lol.gif

deepthi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deepthi Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 9:08pm
post #527 of 881

I got a call from LOwes today telling me that my stand mixer is here...
I will be going today to pick it up..

Am sooooooo Excited..Green apple color

JessCav Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessCav Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 9:08pm
post #528 of 881

I just wanted to say thanks again for posting this deal. I just got into cake decorating a few mths ago and have been wanting a KitchenAid ever since I made that first batch of Royal Icing with a hand mixer (which was not a pleasant experience). My mixer came in this weekend and I took it right out of the box to try it out. I am totally in love with it!!! My friends who are not cooks or bakers think I am totally crazy for being so excited over a mixer. icon_lol.gif

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 9:14pm
post #529 of 881

Went to Lowe's earlier--NOTHING9as previously posted).

Came here and read CC(where else to spend time-lol). Got a sweet pm. Called Lowe's and yeah, they will special order a Chrome, Nickel or Copper one for me for $150!!!! So now my heart is racing again--deal of the century right? I loooove my little 4.5qt classic but it does bounce at times and I wonder how long it will last.
Also wonder what dh will think. hmmmmmm

Once dd is awake from nap, I think I am RUNNING over there and getting one--if I have to put it in the closet for awhile, I will--lol

Also they guy said 16 days, so by then I can figure out if I need it or not, right? And return it if not.

Big dilemma--what color? The red was not available for $150--he said $249. Did not have gren either. Just the3 colors. I think chrome or nickel--leaning towards nickel.

CC has done it to me again--lol. What a steal--oops I mean DEAL!!!

MandyBs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyBs Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 9:22pm
post #530 of 881

You can get any of the 30 colors you want. Just go armed with the KA model number of the right color and tell him you want to special order it. The price will show up automatically on his little computer. (He was probably just looking at what he had in stock.)
Get the color you want and love!! This chance won't come along every day!

pikle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pikle Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 10:07pm
post #531 of 881

Just went and ordered 2-- the pink for me and the chrome for my brother (better deal at an original price of 549 icon_smile.gif ). The $150 is NOT for instock items-- you have to special order (which who cares for that price icon_smile.gif ) Just go back to the appliances and tell them you want to special order, the price was already in the computer on mine and I got lucky and the girl gave me the extra 20% off too-- I don't think she was supposed to icon_smile.gif.

GO armed with the model you want so they can just type it in icon_smile.gif. PM me if anyone wants the ad scanned.. I still have it icon_smile.gif. Thanks for the great tip!!!! Even though I so did not need this mixer LOL

Howiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Howiesmom Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 10:09pm
post #532 of 881

I have a Wolfgang Puck stand mixer but dream of having a Kitchen Aid...SO...I went to Lowe's today and had no problems. It's not noted on the rack that the sale price is $150. The price is only for special order mixers and you can pick from any of the 30+ colors...I got Cobalt Blue! I'm so excited!!! Thanks for this post!

lcdmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcdmarie Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 10:29pm
post #533 of 881

The Custom Metallic Series - Chrome
The price on the Kitchen Aid web page
Has $529.99 as the price.

I got the run around pretty good at Lowes.
But I stayed pleasant and just let them run me
around until I got what I wanted.

They said I could pick it up the 8th.
Yeah!!!!!

I'm thinking of naming him Silver Surfer or Terminator 2 hehehehehe

Thank You who ever posted this to let us know about it!!!!!!!!!!
I'll think of you every time I see my reflection in ole Chrome Dome heheheheh hmmm Chrome Dome

Biya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biya Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 10:36pm
post #534 of 881

Thanks to Ibetina (mailed me a flyer) I got my first ever KA. Couldn't contain myself started jumping up and down as soon as I left the store. My good friend also got one and a blender as well. Just another example of how wonderful the people a CC can be. Thanks again!

cakeatopia Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 11:04pm
post #535 of 881

So I went back and ordered the brushed nickel BUT they said there was a discrepancy of what is available and something other. SO they put in my order let me pay and said I would get a call tomarrow(the warehouse was closed) if there is a problem. Nope I won't get a call--they will FROM ME! So I said, If there is a problem, I can pick out another color and they said I'd have to bring it up with the manager. There was a chrome one the floor but they said I could not have that one since it had to be a special ordered one.

I called dh and told him and he wasn't surprised I went ahead and got one(I hope!!!). My dad is in the hospital and it is serious this time so he knew I'd have to go shopping!!!! 10 yrs of marriage--lol.

I will be there tomarrow if I need to stand my ground. Could someone pm their ad? Now I REALLY want it and I think Thursday is the last day eh?

WHat is BB&B doing? Can I get them to honor this? How?

okieinalaska Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 11:39pm
post #536 of 881
meharding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meharding Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 12:15am
post #537 of 881

For those of you who want/need a copy of the ad...here it is. You can also get the same deal at Bed Bath and Beyond. I got one there today but you can only purchase the colors they have in stock. My BB&B had black, white and chrome metallic.

cakeatopia Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:10am
post #538 of 881

Is BB&B having a sale or are they pricematching also? And would they accept a copy of an ad? Worth a try--as long as it is an artisan. I will call Lowe's inthe morn and see the status of mine and maybe take the ad to BB&B and get one. Can you also use the 20%off coupon?

delgado2134 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delgado2134 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:14am
post #539 of 881

So I went to Lowes near my home and the guy tells me that the sale ended on Saturday!!! But that he had bought a few! I think I'm going crazy cause I know I saw this morning that people bought them today. (No ads at the store by the way) So I come home and look it up here again, and sure enough I see the price and date! So I called Lowes at their 800 number and the lady tells me it's still on sale. She connects me to another store near me and they can order it!!
So why did the other guy tell me the sale was over? Were they trying to stop people from buying it. The guy I ordered it from said that they made a HUGE mistake (duh) and the price is really 359, but they are honoring it. People have been FIRED cause of the ad!!! ( I guess whoever made the typo) I feel bad for that person now, but he said not to feel bad, it wasn't our fault!!!

Thanks for the rebate also!!

melsherard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melsherard Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:36am
post #540 of 881

I ordered one from Lowe's, then got too anxious for it and went to Sears to see if they would price match. They did it, no problem, and I got an additional 10%for their price guarantee. And the receipt had a $30.00 rebate on it. I had to take one off of the shelf, they only had white, red and black. I got black and I love it.... If you go to Sears, make sure you take the Lowe's ad with you...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%