Artisan Kitchenaid For $150 At Lowe's

Decorating By SweetieD Updated 17 Oct 2007 , 11:51am by cakeatopia

ebwmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebwmom Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 5:01am
post #481 of 881

OK, Call me crazy. I went back this evening to another Lowe's and bought a metallic copper mixer, another blender (for wedding present), and the toaster. I have been using the same toaster that I got for a wedding present 21 years ago. What a day. The guy in the appliance dept said he couldn't believe they were that cheap. I think I am set for awhile, at least until something else new comes along. A big thank you to all for all the information and tips that were shared.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 5:22am
post #482 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabaer

I just went tonight to get one. Couldn't get a 20% coupon for BB&B or Linens and things, so I just went to Lowe's. Ended up going really late at night and there was no one at the appliance counter. I had to have a guy come over from another dept. who didn't know anything about it. I had him order the metalic chrome in stock one. Came up the original price, but he didn't know why it was doing it and overrode the system and brought it down to $150 to match the ad. Best part...I got to the front, paid for it, got the $30 rebate slip, and the girl said, "you just ordered one we already have in stock...might as well just take it now instead of wait on it!" So I got to take it home tonight!

I am so excited I can hardly sit still. I NEVER thought I would own one. We never have money for stuff like this. But Hubby loves a good deal and said I deserved it since he is always getting to buy tools (he is a carpenter by trade) WOOHOO!!! I can't wait to use it! Thanks so much to the people who did the research and shared it with all of us! I appreciate it!

Hooray for you!! Which one did you get?

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 1:29pm
post #483 of 881

I love the tangerine! I can't wait to all my little babies come in... I told DH we have to open them to decide which of the chillins to keep and which to send to family. The pink ones are keepers for Sugarbakerz, for sure... and at Target last night I even bought a Pink Kitchenaid full BC awareness Apron to go with her.... so see I am off and running.. has anyone checked with Home Depot on this price match?

lcdmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcdmarie Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 1:46pm
post #484 of 881

I went there last night and the guy in the back
said he couldn't find anything in computer at that price.

He told me to go up front and talk to them.
I did and they said they couldn't order it until they got
an item number.

They took my name and phone number
and said they would call me tomorrow.
I am going there again after work.

I want that mixer icon_wink.gif hehehehe

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 1:51pm
post #485 of 881

go in there and tell them this number KSM152PSCC-Metallic Chrom KSM152PSCP-Copper KSM152PSNK-Brushed Nickel

http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=Stand+Mixers&cat=310&prod=348

that is THE BEST deal because it retails for over $500 and you get it for $150 the sale ends tomorrow!

lcdmarie Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 1:55pm
post #486 of 881

I hope they are not trying to scr3w with me.

mamabaer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamabaer Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 2:02pm
post #487 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyBaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabaer

I just went tonight to get one. Couldn't get a 20% coupon for BB&B or Linens and things, so I just went to Lowe's. Ended up going really late at night and there was no one at the appliance counter. I had to have a guy come over from another dept. who didn't know anything about it. I had him order the metalic chrome in stock one. Came up the original price, but he didn't know why it was doing it and overrode the system and brought it down to $150 to match the ad. Best part...I got to the front, paid for it, got the $30 rebate slip, and the girl said, "you just ordered one we already have in stock...might as well just take it now instead of wait on it!" So I got to take it home tonight!

I am so excited I can hardly sit still. I NEVER thought I would own one. We never have money for stuff like this. But Hubby loves a good deal and said I deserved it since he is always getting to buy tools (he is a carpenter by trade) WOOHOO!!! I can't wait to use it! Thanks so much to the people who did the research and shared it with all of us! I appreciate it!

Hooray for you!! Which one did you get?

I got the Metallic chrome. The colors they have are awesome, but I figure I better go with a classic color so in the years to come I am not regretting it. 'Cause with my luck I would choose the one color that goes out of style!

jenspin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenspin Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 2:43pm
post #488 of 881

Thank you to all the posters who contributed information to this thread - it made things very easy at Lowe's yesterday.

A Brushed Nickel mixer is on its way to me - due in-store on 7 August. I've had a KA on every birthday and Christmas wishlist for 3-4 years and always put it off. Can't wait to finally get it! Such a great deal!

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 2:50pm
post #489 of 881

For those who ordered the custom metallic copper, do you think there is a possibility that the finish might tarnish/oxidize when exposed to air (like what happens to copper cookie cutters and copper pots)?

I am worried about this and thinking I should just switch my order for a copper to a brushed nickel.

callmemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
callmemom Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 2:57pm
post #490 of 881

Hi, everyone! I am new here. I actually found this thread when I became obsessed with getting an Artisan after finding out about the great Lowe's deal. icon_rolleyes.gif

A huge thank you to all of you for mentioning the Custom Metallic series. I would never have thought of checking those out. I originally ordered the custom metallic, but have regretted my decision. It is a beautiful mixer, too, but just not exactly what I was looking for. Today I ordered the Brushed Nickel one. The first two stores I called didn't seem to have a clue which one I was ordering, but the last one did. Thank you so much once again! Maybe my children will get homemade birthday cakes one day. icon_lol.gif

lcdmarie Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 3:12pm
post #491 of 881

I'm so excited the guy from Lowes just called and
explained that I had to special order the mixer for that price.

I *innocently* said that's ok.
he said you can come in at
your convenience to order it.

I said I'll be in after work to order it.

he didn't seem to want to mess with it over the phone.
I'm so excited I wish I could leave work early to go order it.
I think I am going to get the Chrome one

does anyone have the chrome one?

Luxe42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luxe42 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 3:34pm
post #492 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by miriel

For those who ordered the custom metallic copper, do you think there is a possibility that the finish might tarnish/oxidize when exposed to air (like what happens to copper cookie cutters and copper pots)?

I am worried about this and thinking I should just switch my order for a copper to a brushed nickel.

Mirieellllll Are you up late thinking of your new mixer? Have you chewed your nails all down in nervous anticipation? Are you having nightmares that this was all a dream that was too good to be true and you are going to wake up any minute?

Relax ladybug!!!! It will all be fine! The new mixer will come and you will be full of joy and feel a love like never before! You may lose some sleep for the first few months. Getting up in the middle of the night to make sure the mixer is still in the kitchen resting peacefully or up late with it baking your little heart out. Pretty soon the mixer will grow up and go to college. So be sure to enjoy every precious moment

Now get some rest and quit worrying!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 3:38pm
post #493 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxe42

Quote:

Mirieellllll Are you up late thinking of your new mixer? Have you chewed your nails all down in nervous anticipation? Are you having nightmares that this was all a dream that was too good to be true and you are going to wake up any minute?

Relax ladybug!!!! It will all be fine! The new mixer will come and you will be full of joy and feel a love like never before! You may lose some sleep for the first few months. Getting up in the middle of the night to make sure the mixer is still in the kitchen resting peacefully or up late with it baking your little heart out. Pretty soon the mixer will grow up and go to college. So be sure to enjoy every precious moment

Now get some rest and quit worrying!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

LOL! Too funny! Ok, ok I will relax now icon_lol.gif

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 3:44pm
post #494 of 881

Okay I am trying NOT to get in my car with 3!!! kiddos and go to Lowe's, but have a feeling I WILL be going. I have a white classic from years ago--still works--kinda jumpy at times(thank you not enough water in my royal and mmf and such). I am not a pro baker but think I may just order one. My mil has 2 and I ws wondering if she'd will one to me when she moves to the new house(they have 2 houses).

I figure once it comes in, I can return it if I have a change of heart, right?

It's Thursday here, can I still get one today?

What model would get me the rebate?

Dh isn't saying NO, but he is not saying gungho buy one.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

I liek the idea of red or even green. I went with white the first time around, but now am tempted by the pretty colors.

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 4:23pm
post #495 of 881
Quote:

Omg! Now you have me worried about this too!!! I also ordered the copper one. Please tell me that won't happen!!!!

rbatia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rbatia Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 4:23pm
post #496 of 881

i got four from macys yesterday (they match the price) one for me and MIL sister they will be very happy.
thank you all for all the informations

icantcook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icantcook Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 5:18pm
post #497 of 881
Quote:

You were reading my mind - that's why I couldn't sleep last night!

I just got off the phone with a KitchenAid customer service rep. She said it is covered in a coating sort of like a polyurethane, so it is sealed. Cosmetic damage is not covered in the warranty, just motor/electric/mechanical parts. I also asked about the other metallics. The slick shiny chrome does not have that covering. She is not positive about the brushed nickel, as she said when you rub your hand over it it is smooth, not "ridgy" feeling like you would expect to feel on a "brushed" finish.

If anyone needs more info, the KA company number is 800-334-6889. Only about 3 menu options to go through before you get to a nice human.

So, I'm thinking it would be like a clear coat paint finish. If I change my order to a paint finish, there is no guarantee that I wouldn't chip off some pink paint sometime in the next 20 years, right? I'm nervous, but I think I will take a chance on Penny. At least if I knock off some clear coat, the copper will still be there. If I knock off pink paint, then the silver base coat will show.

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 5:19pm
post #498 of 881

Hey Miriel,

I just checked and my Pistachio (unnamed at this time) left CO @ 11:39 this morning thumbs_up.gif but scheduled delivery is still 7/30. Is Marmalade with her?

ShaunaCann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShaunaCann Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 5:42pm
post #499 of 881

So it looks like the best deal is to get it from BBB do a price match, use a %20 off coupon, and also get the $30 rebate. Has anyone done this successfully? Also for the price matching do you need the ad?

I went and ordered one from Lowe's today but you can't use the rebate and this is for a wedding gift so I'm trying to save as much as I can.

Thank you for all of your help! This site is the BEST!!

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 5:47pm
post #500 of 881

I didn't see this in the ad when I went in last night but thanks to whoever it was posting the color code for green apple...I called this morning and ordered it over the phone! They guy said "yeah, this is a great price, they actually messed up the price in the ad but they are honoring it and he has one in blue, LOL"

We already had a red one that my hubby had bought 6 years ago. At the time I wasn't baking and I thought how could a mixer be worth that much money. Of course when I started doing cakes I was forever greatful to him, LOL. (he had bought it for himself originally, LOL)

Doing the happy dance up in Alaska! : 0 )

callmemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
callmemom Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 6:06pm
post #501 of 881

Thanks for posting this info. I actually ordered Nick instead of Shine, because I started thinking with three small children and small counter space, it was bound to get hurt. I thought Nick wouldn't show his boo-boos as much. icon_smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantcook

Quote:

You were reading my mind - that's why I couldn't sleep last night!

I just got off the phone with a KitchenAid customer service rep. She said it is covered in a coating sort of like a polyurethane, so it is sealed. Cosmetic damage is not covered in the warranty, just motor/electric/mechanical parts. I also asked about the other metallics. The slick shiny chrome does not have that covering. She is not positive about the brushed nickel, as she said when you rub your hand over it it is smooth, not "ridgy" feeling like you would expect to feel on a "brushed" finish.

If anyone needs more info, the KA company number is 800-334-6889. Only about 3 menu options to go through before you get to a nice human.

So, I'm thinking it would be like a clear coat paint finish. If I change my order to a paint finish, there is no guarantee that I wouldn't chip off some pink paint sometime in the next 20 years, right? I'm nervous, but I think I will take a chance on Penny. At least if I knock off some clear coat, the copper will still be there. If I knock off pink paint, then the silver base coat will show.

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 6:40pm
post #502 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunaCann

So it looks like the best deal is to get it from BBB do a price match, use a %20 off coupon, and also get the $30 rebate. Has anyone done this successfully? Also for the price matching do you need the ad?

I went and ordered one from Lowe's today but you can't use the rebate and this is for a wedding gift so I'm trying to save as much as I can.

Just FYI, you have to cut the UPC code off the box and mail it to Kitchenaid to get the $30 rebate from Kitchenaid directly. I don't know that you would want to give a wedding gift with the UPC code cut out?

mhooper12000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhooper12000 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 6:50pm
post #503 of 881

I am the proud parent of a new copper KA mixer. I went this morning and ordered one from Lowe's. She'll be in on 8/08/07. I already have the pink breast cancer KA mixer, so I got the satin copper metallic series. My best friend already had the black KA so she got the brushed nickel and she got 2 more black KA's for family members that wanted her to pick them up. We had a 20% off home depot coupon and they honor competitors coupons, so we paid $120 each for them and she will be able to get the rebate on the black ones she picked up for her family (we purchased the 2 black ones on 2 separate tickets so that she can get 2 rebates). I can't believe we just got them that cheap. I love my pink one and I know I'll enjoy this one too=). I am so EXCITED! Keep me updated and I'll do the same=) Thank you SOOO MUCH TO THE PERSON THAT POSTED THIS=) I'm Sending a HUG YOUR WAY, LoL. When I got my pink one I wanted a copper one but we just couldn't see paying $300 more just because of the color, so this is sooo AWESOME, to finally get the one I originally wanted. Oh yeah, I went to customer service and asked for the ad from the 11th and they gave it to me. You have to make sure it is the right one. It's on the inside cover. I didn't need the ad but if you were going to get a price match some where else, you would definitely need it.

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 6:59pm
post #504 of 881

hmmm went today and scoured the ads and NOTHING!! Even went to the shelves and nothing was advertised. (Bet dh is sending vibes to the store--lol). Oh well! I asked the register when I was buying light bulbs, and she wasn't aware of it and I did not want to go head to toe with them. It wasn't in the ad, so I went home. Maybe next time!

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 7:09pm
post #505 of 881

I thought hard about this one but I think I will still prefer the bowl lift model. Probably get one at Costco... great with returns....

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 7:15pm
post #506 of 881

Did anyone else have trouble ordering the brushed nickel?

My grandma and my aunt went seperately at two different stores and both had trouble. They couldn't find it in their computer, it was coming up as the chrome $300. one. My grandma gave up and left but my aunt made them figure it out. Somehow they did and she ordered 6 brushed nickel! Yes, I said 6!!!!!!

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 7:17pm
post #507 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeatopia

hmmm went today and scoured the ads and NOTHING!! Even went to the shelves and nothing was advertised. (Bet dh is sending vibes to the store--lol). Oh well! I asked the register when I was buying light bulbs, and she wasn't aware of it and I did not want to go head to toe with them. It wasn't in the ad, so I went home. Maybe next time!

I think you will regret it if you really want one and don't get one now. These kind of deals don't come around very often. Check out the KA site or I think someone even posted on here all of the model numbers. Find the one you want, call them and have them punch it into their system. It should already come up the $150. It's a great deal!!! thumbs_up.gif

imnamor95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imnamor95 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 7:26pm
post #508 of 881

I just got the call that my pink KA came in! So, I called cust svc to find out if I took in the 20% BBB coupon, would they credit my acct. The girl was giving me probs saying that their ONLY competitor is Home Depot, then, since I wouldn't give in, she passed me to a mgr. The mgr said that IF the coupon was for the same exact item, and they would have to call BBB to verify it, THEN, they would credit me the dif! I told him that it was for ANY item, NOT a SPECIFIC item and he said that they would still have to call BBB...whatever, I JUST WANT MY 20% OFF! We'll see...any ideas on how to combat his stupid answers? icon_wink.gif

ShaunaCann Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 7:34pm
post #509 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnamor95

I just got the call that my pink KA came in! So, I called cust svc to find out if I took in the 20% BBB coupon, would they credit my acct. The girl was giving me probs saying that their ONLY competitor is Home Depot, then, since I wouldn't give in, she passed me to a mgr. The mgr said that IF the coupon was for the same exact item, and they would have to call BBB to verify it, THEN, they would credit me the dif! I told him that it was for ANY item, NOT a SPECIFIC item and he said that they would still have to call BBB...whatever, I JUST WANT MY 20% OFF! We'll see...any ideas on how to combat his stupid answers? icon_wink.gif

Let me know if they will let you use it. Especially since I can't use the rebate.

ShaunaCann Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 7:37pm
post #510 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunaCann

Just FYI, you have to cut the UPC code off the box and mail it to Kitchenaid to get the $30 rebate from Kitchenaid directly. I don't know that you would want to give a wedding gift with the UPC code cut out?

It's for my cousin. Do you think it's too tacky to cut out the bar code even for a cousin?

Also, I didn't see that you needed to cut out the barcode for the Lowe's rebate. All it said was that you needed to send in the rebate form and the receipt.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%