Artisan Kitchenaid For $150 At Lowe's

Decorating By SweetieD Updated 17 Oct 2007 , 11:51am by cakeatopia

MandyBs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyBs Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:40am
post #601 of 881

Well, I've read in two reliable places that the mixers are actually on sale til the 29th. Don't know if it's true, but if you missed out, there still might be time. If anyone is able to get one tomorrow, let us know!

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 5:14am
post #602 of 881

OK, so I ordered my second KA and will be here on the 8th, it is a brushed nickel, I'm soo excited!
I wasn't able to use either the 20% off coupon from BBB and my BBB wouldn't honor the sale.... anyway, long story short, I used a coupon I had for Lowe's for 10% off so I paid $135 plus tax. Has anybody who ordered a custom metallic series gotten a rebate form?? If so, how? God I know, not only I paid $135 for it but also want a $30 mail in rebate... icon_redface.gif (too embarassed)

Now, I wonder who won this game, who ordered the most KA's?????? icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif I only ordered 1 since already own a KA Pro 5.

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 5:18am
post #603 of 881

I'd just like to know how many everbody ended up with or ended up ordering! I ended up buying 6.

hmarie_73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hmarie_73 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 10:59am
post #604 of 881

I downloaded and printed my rebate form right off the KA website...

http://www.kitchenaid.com/assets/pdfs/other/$30%20Cash%20Back%20on%20Artisan%207-18-07.pdf

Hope this helps...

crisc23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisc23 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 2:41pm
post #605 of 881

That rebate excludes purchases at BBB and Lowes.

hmarie_73 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 3:18pm
post #606 of 881

OMG I didn't even see that until you brought it to my attention! Thank you...

crisc23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisc23 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:36pm
post #607 of 881

You're welcome. Lowes has a rebate but only for 3 models. I think one is red... not sure what the other 2 are.

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:40pm
post #608 of 881

Ok, so my DH who was so against all this went to Lowe's last night and ordered 2 more icon_eek.gif Now I have a total of 4 ordered and 1 I already had at home icon_surprised.gif I have been asking around friends/ siblings if anyone needs one, we'll see. DH had the nerve to be annoyed that I was keeping one for myself even though I already have one icon_rolleyes.gif Too bad I say icon_wink.gif

MandyBs Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:58pm
post #609 of 881

The mixers ARE still coming up $150 today! icon_surprised.gif Am also hearing about some serious backorders (3-4 months). but I'll wait as long as necessary for mine. Is anyone else jumping out of their skin every time the phone rings?!!

hmarie_73 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 5:01pm
post #610 of 881

I called lowes today to see if they had the Black Onyx mixer in stock, she said she did, but she couldn't let me take that one because i already had one on order and they would have to charge me a restocking fee and charge me full price...I asked her how that made any sense since it didn't even ship out yet and she couldn't answer me, she did say however that it is supposed to be in the store by 8/8/07...i cant stand the wait and I only bought 1 plain ol' black one!

nefgaby Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 5:33pm
post #611 of 881

Thanks Crisc and Hmarie,
I hope there is still a chance of a good rebate for metallic series at lowe's.... thanks anyway.

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 5:51pm
post #612 of 881

OMG NOOOOOOOO IM TALKING TO THE LOWES LOCAL MANAGER AND HE IS TELLING ME THAT THE LOWES BRUSHED NICKEL IS ON BACKORDER INDEFINITELY...HE SAID HE DOESNT KNOW WHEN IT WILL BE AVAILABLE!! He said they are apparently having problems w/getting parts for the mixers or something..he said he had one in stock but it was black and he said that he is going to check on getting me the one that is lower which would be the 150 model because i was getting the 152 model..so he is going to get back w/me on that ...im about ready to cry now.. icon_cry.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 5:54pm
post #613 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letmebeurdesignr

OMG NOOOOOOOO IM TALKING TO THE LOWES LOCAL MANAGER AND HE IS TELLING ME THAT THE LOWES BRUSHED NICKEL IS ON BACKORDER INDEFINITELY...HE SAID HE DOESNT KNOW WHEN IT WILL BE AVAILABLE!! He said they are apparently having problems w/getting parts for the mixers or something..he said he had one in stock but it was black and he said that he is going to check on getting me the one that is lower which would be the 150 model because i was getting the 152 model..so he is going to get back w/me on that ...im about ready to cry now.. icon_cry.gif

oh no I hope it isn't true. I ordered a brushed nickel for me.

Yesterday when I went in the guy ordering it for me said he had already sold more than 20 that afternoon/early evening and trust me it wasn't 20 ppl, b/c the last two had ordered 5 and 3.

nefgaby Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 5:57pm
post #614 of 881

Noooo, I knew about the copper color being back ordered, I ordered a brushed nickel and Lowe's told me they will have it in by the 8th of Aug.
I hope everything is OK with our mixers.... I mean, babies.

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 6:02pm
post #615 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Noooo, I knew about the copper color being back ordered, I ordered a brushed nickel and Lowe's told me they will have it in by the 8th of Aug.
I hope everything is OK with our mixers.... I mean, babies.

yea they the manager told me yesterday that mine should be in on the 8th of aug as well..he said he would check into it more to see what the hold up was...well he called me back just a lil while ago and he said it was on backorder indefinitely...i will let you know more info as soon as i find out..

you know..if you look back through the KA posts i had said "i wonder if this is too good to be true" i knew something was gonna go wrong w/this..just had that feeling

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 6:21pm
post #616 of 881

wonder why these managers haven't called me on any of mine?

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 6:25pm
post #617 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBakerz

wonder why these managers haven't called me on any of mine?

i had to call them yesterday and he was getting back w/me today..you might wanna call the lowes and start asking questions...thats what i had to do..they wouldnt have called me if i wasnt checking on why it hasnt shipped yet

KittyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittyCakes Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 6:33pm
post #618 of 881

I just called the Lowes where I bought mine to get status on my NK, and they said that it was Ok'd by KA and will be here on Aug 2. I ordered mine on Jul 20. I asked if the ad was a mistake and he said "oh no", it was an agreement with Lowes and KA. Having worked in retail I have to believe that a Co can not put something like a KA mixer on sale without the vendors approval.

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 6:40pm
post #619 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCakes

I just called the Lowes where I bought mine to get status on my NK, and they said that it was Ok'd by KA and will be here on Aug 2. I ordered mine on Jul 20. I asked if the ad was a mistake and he said "oh no", it was an agreement with Lowes and KA. Having worked in retail I have to believe that a Co can not put something like a KA mixer on sale without the vendors approval.

i ordered mine last week and they said it was approved for awhile..thats when i finally spoke w/the manager and he found out different..i wonder if i should give it a few more days before i do go to a lesser mixer or if i should get my money back..just to see if it just happens to come in...he was going to give me one off the floor if he had it though which is something they wouldnt do before when i tried to get on from the stock..they kept saying it had to be special ordered

imnamor95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imnamor95 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 6:45pm
post #620 of 881

YIPPEEEEEEE!!! I just called the corporate # to complain about my Lowes NOT honoring my coupon and the rep told me that she was going to document what I was saying and she said that LOWES DOES HONOR THIS COUPON!! She was emailing, or calling or whatever, the Lowes here to have them honor my coupon AND they will be in contact with me within the next 24 hrs to give me my "resolution", so HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I sure do hope it's the same idiot who told me no yesterday!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 6:52pm
post #621 of 881

ok the manager just called me and he said that there was no way the brushed nickel is available..he said that he can get me the 150 model so he is going to be ordering the glosses cinnamon for me and will take about 2 weeks..ugh dang taking to long and wondering if this is really worth the hassel

LearningCurve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LearningCurve Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 6:59pm
post #622 of 881

This question is to everyone that has found out the status of your mixers....did you have to call the store and ask them to look it up or is there an atomated number or through the computer that you can figure out the status?? I ordered a NK and now with all the talk about Backorders and such am concerned with the status of mine.

Thanks,
Amanda

nefgaby Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:01pm
post #623 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letmebeurdesignr

ok the manager just called me and he said that there was no way the brushed nickel is available..he said that he can get me the 150 model so he is going to be ordering the glosses cinnamon for me and will take about 2 weeks..ugh dang taking to long and wondering if this is really worth the hassel

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear that!!! I also ordered the brushed nickel so I guess we'll see if I get "the call" as well! I'm soooo sad! icon_cry.gif
Will keep you posted as well! Thanks for sharing this info with us!

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:07pm
post #624 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearningCurve

This question is to everyone that has found out the status of your mixers....did you have to call the store and ask them to look it up or is there an atomated number or through the computer that you can figure out the status?? I ordered a NK and now with all the talk about Backorders and such am concerned with the status of mine.

Thanks,
Amanda

I had to call the store first...they did not call me first...only reason the manager called me back was because i had called the store first and he was returning my call

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:18pm
post #625 of 881

hmm I ordered the nickel one too. I figured if I did not get a call-I talked ot them 3 times yesterday, it was okay. Will they let you get another color? When I asked about that earlier they were kinda iffy.

I am just gonna wait on the call.

And if soo many people change from the nickel to another choice will that free things up?

Mine is due the 8th too. Best start looking at other colors.

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:22pm
post #626 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeatopia

hmm I ordered the nickel one too. I figured if I did not get a call-I talked ot them 3 times yesterday, it was okay. Will they let you get another color? When I asked about that earlier they were kinda iffy.

I am just gonna wait on the call.

well to be honest, you might not receive a call..like i said, i spoke w/the store manager..not the people in appliances...i just called him back to check on getting a chrome and he said none of those in that model are available at all..not the copper (which was the first to go backordered), not the nickel nor the chrome..he said none of them were available because of something to do w/parts for the mixers...

MandyBs Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:35pm
post #627 of 881

That excuse about the parts sounds a bit fishy to me! All these mixers have the same parts - just different finishes. icon_confused.gif

MandyBs Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:43pm
post #628 of 881

Well, I just went to the Kitchenaid site and put a brushed nickel in my cart. It came up in stock and will ship in one day. Hmmm. . .

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:46pm
post #629 of 881

I just called both Lowe's where my babies are ordered and one set is due the 3rd and one the 6th, neither backordered.... so no problems on my end icon_smile.gif praise the peas!

Letmebeurdesignr Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:49pm
post #630 of 881

hmmmmm he better not have screwed me over..if so imma go back and raise he**...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%