Bb8 Fan Topic

Lounge By missyek Updated 19 Sep 2007 , 9:55pm by michellenj

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 444

Well, I know between Ironbaker, TC and I, we will keep the BB discussion going! Anyone else who is fan, join in!! thumbs_up.gif

BB8 starts one week from tonight!!! The CBS Early Show revealed the houseguests this morning. Here is a link to a quick article on what the season is going to be like this year and then there is video:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/06/28/earlyshow/main2992242.shtml

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=2991636n

Here is alink to pics of what the house will look like this year--very nice!!:

http://www.tvguide.com/special/bigbrotherhouse/default.aspx#_self

So what do you think?! Some interesting things to go on this year. Then the addition of the Showtime "After Dark" segments that they will be airing... almost makes me wish that we still subscribed to Showtime! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Get Morty's site ready and Get Joker's site ready--in one week I will be plastered to up-to-the minute updates on Joker's and glued to the TV. Summer has officially begun! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

443 replies
Jaremcal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaremcal Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 444

I've been checking Jokers for updates every day for a week or two now. I havent been there yet today so until I read this I didnt know they listed the guests. I'm thinking I need to subscribe to showtime for the summer lol. I've watched every epi from every season. Even waited to go to the hospital while in labor for my twins until I saw the show lol. I live on Jokers for the summer!

cakecrumb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecrumb Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 444

thanks for the links! i can't wait for BB to start!! it makes my summer. my DH goes nuts because its on 3 days a week. LOL i have it on every tv within earshot when its on because i can't miss a minute!

this year's show looks like its going to be nice and juicy!! icon_twisted.gifthumbs_up.gif

LOVE IT!

kbochick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbochick Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 444

We love it, too. My DD is the most excited, though. Last year, she loved Boogie. I don't think she realized what a skank he was. icon_wink.gif Ever since last season, "Super Bowl!" has been her favorite exclamation.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 9:27pm
post #5 of 444

icon_lol.gif Missy, I came here JUST to post the links!

Wooohooooo! party.gif The countdown has begun. I wish we could be watching the opener together.

I think the rival idea will be an interesting one. I can't say I really have any...can think of a few exes I wouldn't want to see...but I can't imagine having to live with one.

At first glance, there doesn't seem to be much diversity so I hope we find that there is.

It's funny because a friend showed me the pictures of the house yesterday and they were commenting on how they didn't like them because it was very "Alice in Wonderland-ish". I said "I love them! But that's because I see so many great cake colors and designs in the schemes!" icon_lol.gif

But I love purple and the shades they have are great.

Where's TC?

Jaremcal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaremcal Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 9:49pm
post #6 of 444

Isnt this similar to the Exes that they did a couple years ago? I know they arent all going to be M/F rivals. I think when people know each other going it then it kind of takes away from the concept a little.

missyek Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 10:26pm
post #7 of 444

Sorry, Iron, that I beat you to the punch! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

From what I understand it is "rivals" which may or may not be an ex. I think (hope) that since they did the X Factor before, that for this year, it would be complete "rival/hate your guts/wouldn't be caught dead breathing the same air as you/I need to pull out your extensions" kind of show. Now, knowing how girls are (and seeing the ones that they have chosen... icon_twisted.gif ) there may be some serious cat fights working!! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif The men, who knows--they are so goofy sometimes--the rivals may end up as best friends by the end of the show. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

And I suprised that the oldest person is only 44 and judging by what I saw of him, he certainly does not act like it!

Does anyone know if House Calls is going to be back up and running on CBS this year and will Marci be back to co-host?

Ironbaker Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 11:12pm
post #8 of 444

I hope they still have House Calls, I don't know why they wouldn't. I remember losing a bit of respect for ol' Marcie last season.

Jaremcal, I see what you mean and I initially thought the same. I almost prefer that nobody know each other when they go in so they are all true strangers. But the catty-potential is delicious. icon_twisted.gif

It's all good Missy! That's why I always check before I post anything. I knew one of us would do it. icon_lol.gif

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 2:55am
post #9 of 444

Missyek. But you forgot about me icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Remember me last year I was going:

icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif Have you checked the spoilers site... & you were like thumbsdown.giftapedshut.gif (mad at me) icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

I will read those sites later that you posted. Thanks for that icon_wink.gif

missyek Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 3:33am
post #10 of 444

Monica!! I'm so sorry!! I did forget--story of my life... icon_redface.gif So yes, you will be with us again this year, right?!?

Speaking of Spoilers... Morty's already has a possible spoiler about two rival contestants. I won't say who in case you don't want to know... icon_wink.gif

Monica0271 Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 4:05am
post #11 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyek

Monica!! I'm so sorry!! I did forget--story of my life... icon_redface.gif So yes, you will be with us again this year, right?!?

Speaking of Spoilers... Morty's already has a possible spoiler about two rival contestants. I won't say who in case you don't want to know... icon_wink.gif

I was just joking with ya icon_wink.gif I hope that you know that thumbs_up.gif

Yes I will be joining you all.

I am goign to go read that Mortys Spoilers right now. icon_rolleyes.gif

Monica0271 Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 4:18am
post #12 of 444

icon_surprised.gif I am dying here. I can NOT wait for this season to start.

Here it is 12.20 am & I have to get up at 7am. but I am here reading all the articles about BB8 icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

I love it!!

missyek Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 2:40pm
post #13 of 444

Just 3 days to Big Brother 8

Just to wake you up this morning! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Morty's already has the pics up of each contestant and so does Joker's.

CBS finally has their stuff up: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother8/

Still no word on House Calls, though... icon_confused.gif

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 11:11pm
post #14 of 444

icon_biggrin.gif I have been waiting for this topic to resurface again!!!! I was just browsing the BB8 website to check out the contestants. There already seem to be a few charactors!!! Zack & Dick already look absolutely funny as heck!

Now if I can just stay away from Missy icon_eek.gificon_razz.gif and her spoiler sites!!!! Last year I got addicted to them and a friend of mine would never talk to me because I felt the need to spoil it for her too! icon_lol.gif

spottydog Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 11:15pm
post #15 of 444

Oh and Missy I am crushed you left me out also! icon_cry.gificon_surprised.gificon_cry.gificon_surprised.gif

icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Monica0271 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:42am
post #16 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by spottydog

Oh and Missy I am crushed you left me out also! icon_cry.gificon_surprised.gificon_cry.gificon_surprised.gif

icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

icon_lol.gif she let out daltonam too. icon_lol.gif

I remember last year us three got a little carried away chit chating icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

Ironbaker Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 4:50am
post #17 of 444

Yay, we're so close!!

You guys read the "America's Player" twist? THAT should be interesting!! Especially since we can have them vote out certain people.

Monica0271 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:00pm
post #18 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

You guys read the "America's Player" twist? .

Yea I did. I can not wait. Its going to be good this year thumbs_up.gif

missyek Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 2:16pm
post #19 of 444

Okay, anyone else want to point out that my memory stinks?!?!? icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I will admit it, it does stink, it is horrible! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I'm sorry for those I have missed... icon_wink.gif

Now, on to serious business.... icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Just 2 days to Big Brother 8

And, spotty, you will be sucked into the spoiler site world, you know it!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Actually can we just say right now, since I think that the majority of us do go to the spoiler sites or read the minute-by-minute plays, that we will just discuss things as they happen and watching the show is just a bonus? So, pretty much we should not have to preface everything with "SPOILER AHEAD"? icon_biggrin.gif I will be on Joker's all day long... believe me!! thumbs_up.gif

Also, wher the heack is TC?!?!?! icon_confused.gif

Ironbaker Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 4:10pm
post #20 of 444

I agree about the discussion. I usually do keep up with the spoiler sites but sometimes (when it's a good week) I avoid them so I can be "surprised" on tv. Those times, I avoid discussions. icon_lol.gif

On another board I go to we just have a thread for the show discussion and another for spoiler info.

TWO DAYS!!!!!

Maybe TC is a surprise houseguest? icon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

Monica0271 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 5:26pm
post #21 of 444
Quote:

Maybe TC is a surprise houseguest? icon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif How cool would that be? icon_rolleyes.gifthumbs_up.gif

She could make the house guest a cake thumbs_up.gif

icon_lol.gif

Have you all been to the jokers website? If you click on the house guest picture, some of them have myspace pages & other links that tells more about the person.

Dang I am s excited. I am working parttime at a bakery & I work every Thursday, so I will have to watch it west coast time at 11. In two weeks I will be having a hysterectomy so I will be home for 4-6 weeks, it will give me something to look forward to. thumbs_up.gif

Ironbaker Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 5:41pm
post #22 of 444

I didn't know you were at a bakery! Cool, how is it going?

And I'm sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery Monica. A friend of mine had one recently. I hope everything goes smoothly for you and you recover quickly.

Monica0271 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 5:47pm
post #23 of 444
Quote:

I didn't know you were at a bakery! Cool, how is it going?

And I'm sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery Monica. A friend of mine had one recently. I hope everything goes smoothly for you and you recover quickly.

The bakery is MORE than awesome!! thumbs_up.gif

I am going to PM you. I do not want to get Off Topic.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 11:16pm
post #24 of 444

Ahhhhhhhhhh how did I miss this!!??? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Ya'll left me all alone icon_sad.gif I just PM'd Ironbaker & was fixin' to PM you Missygirl! icon_lol.gif When I saw this thread!! My DD had surgery yesterday morning so we'll be stuck to the house for about a week. That's a good time for BB to begin!!! thumbs_up.gif Ok... now I'm going back to read the posts I missed!

tcturtleshell Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 11:44pm
post #25 of 444

OK I'm caught up!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

TC is in the house!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif The CC House!!!!!! I wish I was in the BB8 house!! Maybe one day!! LOL icon_wink.gif Being on BB is in that same dream I have all the time about owning a bakery!! BB & Bakery, BB & Bakery!! Good mix!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Spotty you & Dalt behave now icon_wink.gif

To the newcomers welcome! WARNING... we get CRAZY!! icon_eek.gif

Monica glad to see you back! I hope your surgery goes well! Be sure to check in with us & let us know how your doing thumbs_up.gif

To my girls Missy & Tamera I'm sooo excited!!! I love ya'll crazy girls!! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Ok, I'm going to check out the websites now.... sounds like I've got a lot of reading to do!

Now when does it come on again????? icon_wink.gif

nokddng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nokddng Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 2:10am
post #26 of 444

Cool! A BB post! thumbs_up.gif I'll be back Thursday night!

Monica0271 Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 3:13am
post #27 of 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

Now when does it come on again????? icon_wink.gif

Thursday night at 8pm icon_wink.gif

Glad to see you TC.

I will keep you all posted on me. I will be in this house for 2 weeks straight icon_sad.gif My chair & my tv & I will get really close icon_lol.gif

Ironbaker Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 4:43am
post #28 of 444

There's our girl! thumbs_up.gif Love ya too and can't wait to dig in to this!

My mom and sisters are anxiously waiting too. icon_lol.gif

I hope your daughter is OK.

Spoiler sites for those that need them:

Mortystv.com
JokersUpdates.com
BigBrotherUpdates.com
BBChatter.com

icon_biggrin.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 2:48pm
post #29 of 444

Thanks for asking, DD is fine. She's 17 & she had a boob job. icon_smile.gif One boob was very much larger then the other & that one was no larger then a Bcup. She's in minor to no pain so Momma's thankful for that! I can't handle it when my babies are in pain. She's healing fine thank you!

Monica I hope you have a very comfy chair!

spottydog Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 4:47pm
post #30 of 444

I needed to share my day with my fellow BB8 fans!!!! I woke up grabbed my coffee then proceeded to check my email, cc ect. OMG icon_surprised.gif I have no internet!!!!! icon_confused.gif Then about 2 min later realized I have one of those all in one packages with my cable & internet detective.gif What enters my mind not 30 seconds later........no not catoons for my 2 yr old but BIG BROTHER starts tonight!!!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif Now I am frightened to check the tv in fear that my thoughts would be true. tapedshut.giftapedshut.gif Yup I check the tv.........NO CABLE!!!!! tapedshut.giftapedshut.gif Now you all know that yes I try calling the cable company and all they have is a recording saying yes there are outages in your surrounding areas!!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif Good thing because i think she would have gotten an earful!!!!

Well obviously all is back bacause I am leaving this post........THANK THE HEAVENS!!!!! And HEAVEN BEST KEEP IT THIS WAY!!! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%