Do You Eat Anything That Others Think Is Weird....

Lounge By jen1977 Updated 26 May 2007 , 6:11pm by Confectionary2

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 7:02pm
post #31 of 179

I'm very picky and particular about my food, but my DH on the other hand.....He mixes tuna and mushroom soup together. About 12 years ago my parents house burned (kitchen fire) and he was one of the firemen on duty, after they were done with everything and we could go back in, he and another officer on duty opened the fridge (it was melted shut) they took the salsa my mom had just made and ate it icon_surprised.gif .

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 7:03pm
post #32 of 179

Oh yea, we did the mayonnaise sandwiches also. I always put salt on mine too.

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 7:09pm
post #33 of 179

I just remembered one that i havent had in years.
Apple sauce with cooked spaghetti noodles. My dad made it once for me when i had chicken pox and needless to say i loved it and have made it since.

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 7:14pm
post #34 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachshortcake

I
Apple sauce with cooked spaghetti noodles. My dad made it once for me.

icon_surprised.gif I have never heard of that. It sounds yummy. Add maybe some cininnmon, vanilla...... icon_rolleyes.gif I am going to have to try that thumbs_up.gif

Monica0271 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 7:18pm
post #35 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica0271

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyB

I don't like oranges - but love the skin. I eat the rind, especially tangelos, ooo I want some now! I too have a hubbie that will eat ANYthing, monkey brains (served live), kangaroo, camel, croc, bird feet. I hate to go overseas with him, he tries it all - while I am looking for the Golden Arches!!

Wow. You know I am so curious about others countries foods. I love to watch Bizarre Foods on Travel Channel http://travel.discovery.com/tv/bizarre-foods/bizarre-foods.html
He travels to forgein countries & eats what they eat. You know I am so closed minded when it comes to food. I do not want to try anything "different", but if I could get past that, I would LOVE to try all those other things. icon_rolleyes.gif (I know that makes no sense)

That to me is so amazing to be able to see people in other cultures cooking & eating differently. I am just so amazed. thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

My husband and son just watched that show last night where he was somewhere in Asia I think and he ate the biggest maggot looking thing I've ever seen. Blech.

Yea I think that was the coconut tree maggot. I wondered if it taste like coconut icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

willman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
willman Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 8:29pm
post #36 of 179

this is a GREAT thread one of my favorites is peanut butter and banana sandwiches when I was growing up we would mix p.b. with maple syrup sooo good one of my all time favorites is tomato sandwiches-white bread with miracle whip and salted tomato slices.mmmmmmmmmm so good

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 9:01pm
post #37 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbur10

We've been having a big debate at work about if french fries dipped in a milkshake would be good. Sounds good to me!

I dip my french fries from wendy's in a chocolate frosty it is good!

My DH does this and now he has both of my daughters doing this too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut

Oh yea, how about peanut butter, mayonnaise and bologna sandwich.

This was my grandpa's favorite sandwich when I was growing up.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 9:14pm
post #38 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by val_nutrimetics

Miracle Whip sandwiches. Just bread and miracle whip. Gross, I know! I used to love them when I was younger!

are you a long lost relative? -- my whole family does this! and ketchup sandwiches too!

along with:

cheese/bacon bits/mayo sandwiches.

raw onions eaten like apples or onion sandwiches

wilted dandelion greens

peajay66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peajay66 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 9:18pm
post #39 of 179

Radish sandwhiches. Butter a slice of bread and place radish slices on and enjoy!

Also cucumber, tomato and mayo sandwhiches.

My brother grew up on sugar sandwhiches. (butter on bread and covered with sugar, fold over and eat).

My dad always had a jar of pickled pigs feet in the fridge...YUCK!

peajay66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peajay66 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 10:37pm
post #40 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by heather2780

monica have you ever tried mixing ketchep and mayo it makes a great little sauce I dip most everything in it its really great with fish sticks if your out of tartar that is.

Add a little sweet pickle relish and around here that's called poor man's Thousand Island dressing. icon_smile.gif

Monica0271 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 10:43pm
post #41 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by peajay66

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather2780

monica have you ever tried mixing ketchep and mayo it makes a great little sauce I dip most everything in it its really great with fish sticks if your out of tartar that is.

Add a little sweet pickle relish and around here that's called poor man's Thousand Island dressing. icon_smile.gif

hua I recon it would be. Does it taste like it.

Interesting thumbs_up.gif

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 12:16am
post #42 of 179

Sliced banana with condensed milk and choc sprinkles on bread. Yummy!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Ray75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ray75 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 12:31am
post #43 of 179

Man some of these things are VERY interesting!
When I was younger I used to eat Deviled Ham, with sweet gerkins and mayo and mustard slapped on. The last time I ate this was when I was prego with my last son.
Grilled cheese or mac n cheese with ketshup is yummy!

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:38am
post #44 of 179

I forgot about sugar on my tomatoes.

I LOVE tomato and mayo sandwiches too.

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:04am
post #45 of 179

when i was pregnant i would go to friendly's and order a plate of pickles and a side of honey mustard sauce and dip the pickles in! YUM!

no, the only weird thing i eat is french fries dipped in butter. so not healthy....

NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:05am
post #46 of 179

I used to eat peanut butter and bacon sandwiches when I was growing up.

I eat grape jelly on sausage biscuits, discovered this as a teen. What is really weird is that my dh does it too, we both did this before we ever met and now we do it together...eating jelly on sausage biscuits that is...get your mind out of the gutter! LOL

When I was pregnant with my youngest I ate peanut butter and banana sandwiches with a glass of chocolate milk every night before bed and sometimes for breakfast, lunch, or for a snack too. I'm still eating it, it's very good togehter!

Left over spaghetti slightly reheated on toast with fresh cracked black pepper.

McDonalds fries with their hot mustard sauce

DH and DD always dip fries into shakes and ice cream.

My sister's after school snack when we were growing up: sliced ham or bologna, with shredded cheese, sour cream and lettuce. Rolled up like a pinwheel, but not cut and eaten out of hand.

Common southern "dessert" from way back: butter or peanut butter and dark Karo syrup mixed together to form a sauce, eat with biscuits or regular bread.

Cheese and pickles with crackers and ranch dressing (kind of like a really unhealthy "salad" with no veggies!)

Fried egg on toast or English muffin with Dijon mustard

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:06am
post #47 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbur10

We've been having a big debate at work about if french fries dipped in a milkshake would be good. Sounds good to me!

I love that!! A nice, hot, salty McDonalds french fry dipped in a vanilla milkshake...mmmmm...droool...

I also like fries with tartar sauce - but they have to be waffle cut fries. A restaurant where we used to live served them that way, and we had never had that combo before but loved it. A different restaurant in the same town served emu burgers with ketchup & mayo on them. Again, never had an emu burger or a burger with mayo on it before, but pretty tasty.

-Lisa

munkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
munkey Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:09am
post #48 of 179

haha....that ketchup and mayo thing is a Utah original. It's called Fry Sauce. Almost every burger joint here has it. It's even better if you add a little buttermilk to it. I will dip anything in that stuff, mmmmm.

I like macaroni and cheese with tuna fish and also grilled cheese sandwiches and ketchup.

My little brother eats some nasty things, one of his favorites is a triple decker sandwich with peanut butter, miracle whip, mustard, bologna and mustard. Ewwwwwww. haha. My other brother will eat onions like apples.

NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:18am
post #49 of 179

Munky...a friend of ours who is in broadcasting moved to Utah and sent us a bottle of Fry Sauce to see what we thought of it. It's Some Dude's Fry Sauce. It's pretty good. DH used it as salad dressing and I like it on chicken strips

anorris3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anorris3 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:24am
post #50 of 179

Well until someone mentioned it on this thread I thought it was fairly normal but I really enjoy peanut butter and banana sandwiches or pb with apples. My son who is extremely picky eats ketchup on most everything but mostly on his sandwiches. He refuses to eat mustard or mayo.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:37am
post #51 of 179

Raw potatoes. Yep, skin em and eat em.

munkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
munkey Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 4:23am
post #52 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiDoc

Munky...a friend of ours who is in broadcasting moved to Utah and sent us a bottle of Fry Sauce to see what we thought of it. It's Some Dude's Fry Sauce. It's pretty good. DH used it as salad dressing and I like it on chicken strips

Yah Some dude's fry sauce is good. There is a burger place out here called Arctic Circle and they have THE BEST fry sauce, they add a little buttermilk to it. I think the one thing I've never put it on was a salad, it never seemed that appetizing to me..LOL.

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 9:16am
post #53 of 179

What a fun thread!!! icon_smile.gif

Like a PP said, I love cheese, mustard, and potato chip sandwiches!!

Another PP said that she eats french fries with mustard ... I do, too!!

I also always have to put french fries on my hamburger if I'm eating them together.

Also, I love butter on saltine crackers.

OK, now I'm hungry ........ icon_lol.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 12:54pm
post #54 of 179

Jess...I think you are the only other person besides my mom that I've ever heard say they like cheese, mustard, and potato chip sandwiches!

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:00pm
post #55 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkey

My other brother will eat onions like apples.

i can eat a tomato like an apple! yum!! onions, not so much, i am allergic.

deester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deester Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:13pm
post #56 of 179

I used to eat Miracle Whip sandwiches, and the wilted dandelion greens was a favorite that my Gramma used to make.

My Gramma also got me to try and like cottage cheese with maple syrup - I still eat it to this day!! To me, it's one of those "don't knock it, 'til you try it" kind of concoctions, but my DH thinks I'm crazy!

CakeLadyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeLadyM Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:03pm
post #57 of 179

"Killed" watercress or dandelion greens. (The greens are placed onto plate or left in the hot skillet, and hot bacon grease is drizzled over them. Serve with the bacon bits/pieces.) YUMMM... (I don't know why they call it "killed.")

Raw potato slices with a bit of salt.

Fries with mustard? Yep!

Never thought about the sugar on tomatoes thing, but they say it IS a fruit, so?

-m-

bubbatx657 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubbatx657 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:07pm
post #58 of 179

As a child I loved Mint Chip Cookies with Extra shart cheddar cheese???

Got me how I figured out that I liked it but I did...

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:17pm
post #59 of 179

My dad used to eat onions and tomatoes like that, like an apple. He is the youngest of 9 kids and dad died young, so lunch was sometimes whatever you found growing in the garden. He's the one that got me to eat braunschweiger. Does anyone else eat that? Can't eat it anymore, could only eat it a few times a year anyway. That was some stuff.

deester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deester Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 3:09pm
post #60 of 179
Quote:
Quote:

He's the one that got me to eat braunschweiger. Does anyone else eat that?

Braunschweiger ROCKS! I never eat it 'cause its so bad for you - but it is yummy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%