Do You Eat Anything That Others Think Is Weird....

Lounge By jen1977 Updated 26 May 2007 , 6:11pm by Confectionary2

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 3:10pm
post #61 of 179
Quote:
Quote:

He's the one that got me to eat braunschweiger. Does anyone else eat that?

wha's that?

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 3:11pm
post #62 of 179

hmm...I like pork and peanut butter. Not sure why but they go together really well.

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 3:56pm
post #63 of 179

I was super picky when I was a kid (and not much has changed..) and I refused to eat spaghetti sauce so I'd eat spaghetti with ketchup. I still do every once in a while now. It's a quick meal.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 4:58pm
post #64 of 179

I love to eat parmesean cheese and peanut butter sandwiches .. and I'm talking about the cheese out of the green can .. I can eat that by the spoonful right out of the jar with dh just starring at me!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 5:14pm
post #65 of 179

Maybe it's an Ohio thing! LOL! Actually, dad is from PA and is German. I ate it plain on bread. Didn't ever know what 'goes' with it. It's kinda weird that way. Haven't had it in years though.

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 5:50pm
post #66 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

Jess...I think you are the only other person besides my mom that I've ever heard say they like cheese, mustard, and potato chip sandwiches!

Too funny, Jen!! I really do like them! In fact, I had one for lunch today in honor of this thread!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

jescapades Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 6:04pm
post #67 of 179

fried bologna. is that weird? i just had a friend bologna sandwich today for lunch. yum!

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 6:23pm
post #68 of 179

[quote="MichelleM77"]... braunschweiger. Does anyone else eat that? /quote]

Oh my goodness, I used to eat that when I was growing up. I bought some when I got older and tried to eat it. I don't know what I was thinking as a kid because it is so nasty! Just can't get past the smell now!

I so forgot until someone mentioned it earlier about sugar sandwiches. We used to eat these as a kid also.

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 7:40pm
post #69 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by deester

Quote:
Quote:

Braunschweiger ROCKS! I never eat it 'cause its so bad for you - but it is yummy!

LOVE IT!!! I slice it up and put mustard on bread and eat it as a sandwich.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 8:00pm
post #70 of 179

When I was little I liked to eat cottage cheese and catalina (red French) dressing mixed together - just that, by itself!

Haven't done that since I was like 8, though.

And I would eat the large Shredded Wheat biscuits like they were candy bars (straight out of the box, by themseleves). To this day I'm very picky about cereal. I have a super sweet tooth, but when it comes to cereal I never have and still won't eat anything sweet. Plain Cheerios and plain Shredded Wheat are my two favorite. Raisin Bran and Great Grains Double Pecan or Cranberry Almond Crunch are as sweet as I'll eat!

I love Cheese Doodles (has to be that brand) and soft vanilla ice cream - which apparently my mom ate when she was PG with me! (she also ate the CD's with orange sherbert, which is taking it a bit far if you ask me).

I scrape the icing off of cake, eat the cake by itself and then eat the icing by scooping it up with potato chips.

I guess the strangest thing I do, is at Mexican restaurants, I'll request a taco with just the queso blanco, tomatoes, and lettuce - no meat! The poor waiter always triple cheecks that order.

All of that is pretty lame compared to the sandwiches hubby makes. I can't be around when he makes and eats these things, just makes me want to hurl: white bread, peanut butter, American cheese, and mayo - heated up in the microwave just enough to melt the cheese and pb a bit.
YUCK!

And one last one - this one's on my sister: when she was little and we'd eat at a restaurant with a salad bar, she'd put a little lettuce, a few pieces of cucumber, some cheese, bacon bits, and croutons in the bowl so that it was like 1/3 full. Then she'd fill the bowl up with every salad dressing they had on the bar (6 different dressings, 8, dressings, how ever many they had) until the bowl was overflowing with mixed dressings.
:: shudder ::
After she did that like twice my parents instituted a 3 salad dressing limit!

prterrell Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 8:02pm
post #71 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpnh

When I am craving carbs and there is nothing in the house. I whip up some Bisquick with milk and eat the dough. Yummm..

Ok now I'm craving that! It is soooo good!

jescapades Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 8:06pm
post #72 of 179

oh, i almost forgot about dh. when we go to friendly's, he orders black raspberry ice cream with peanut butter sauce... bleh! i actually thought it was gross before he had me try it, then i tried it and it's still gross! lol

then, the last time we went to friendly's, they actually had that as a sundae on the menu! icon_eek.gif i was so grossed out! so i asked the waitress if people actually order it and she said it's one of their most popular sundaes. what's wrong with these people?! lol

prterrell Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 8:14pm
post #73 of 179

Gosh, now I'm thinking of so many other wierd things! LOL icon_lol.gif

Hubby mixes mayo, ketchup, and honey mustard together to dip fries in. I like Wendy's fries dipped in the chocolate frosty (the vanilla frosty not so much).

My hubby puts sugar on hit grits. He thought I was wierd when he saw me put salt and pepper on them. Apparently everyone in his family ate them like oatmeal with sugar on them!

When I was a kid, we'd mix ketchup and the honey sauce together to dip McNuggets in - I still love it! Make kind of a sweet and sour sauce.

Before my mom and dad married, my dad would eat canned soup sandwiches. This was when he was in the Navy overseas and the canned condensed soup would be basically a solid lump by the time they got it in their commissary. He'd get the veg beef kind, peel the label off, open the can and heat it up in the can right on the stove. Then he'd scoop out the hot soup (still condensed) and put it on a piece of bread, top with another piece of bread and there you go - soup sandwich!

Anyone else like sushi? If so, any of you find that the more you eat sushi, the less you like to eat cooked fish? Hubby and I won't eat cooked salmon or tuna any more. They just don't taste right unless they're raw!

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 8:36pm
post #74 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbur10

I put potato chips on my sandwich, instead of on the side. Adds a little crunch
When I have hot breakfast cereals (oatmeal, grits, etc) I make it very thick, then put it on my toast like a sandwich. DH thinks that's really strange.

We've been having a big debate at work about if french fries dipped in a milkshake would be good. Sounds good to me!

I LOVE french fries dipped in a milkshake!!! thumbs_up.gif They are soooo good! Also good in a frosty from Wendy's!

~Chelle

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 8:45pm
post #75 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by willman

this is a GREAT thread one of my favorites is peanut butter and banana sandwiches when I was growing up we would mix p.b. with maple syrup sooo good one of my all time favorites is tomato sandwiches-white bread with miracle whip and salted tomato slices.mmmmmmmmmm so good

Did you grow up in my house too???? icon_confused.gif

cakelady1994 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady1994 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 9:21pm
post #76 of 179

When i was small my dad would eat raw bacon,onions and cornbread.I love sour cream chips with ice cream as a dip,mayo and onions on my hotdog ,fried Bologna and egg sandwiches, I used to make braunschweiger and egg salad sandwiches at one of my old jobs now that nasty. thumbsdown.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 10:09pm
post #77 of 179

I can't stand when hubby makes pasta with parmesan cheese, and then puts hot sauce on it and nukes it. Smells nasty. He says he started putting hot sauce on everything when he was in the army. Well, honey, you aren't in the army anymore, so stop killing my nose!

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 10:34pm
post #78 of 179

Has anyone tried Spam????

cakelady1994 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady1994 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 10:45pm
post #79 of 179

My dh eats it sometimes.sometimes he eats it fried.it's not that bad when you don't have anything eles to eat. icon_lol.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 10:46pm
post #80 of 179

We only ate Spam when on a camping trip. My uncle refuses to eat it, was in Vietnam and says that's all they got.

NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 1:27am
post #81 of 179

Cakerator, my dd loves can parmesan cheese, too. She could eat it with a spoon. She puts it on popcorn and then she licks her finger and swipes the empty bowl to get out all of the parmesan. Any restaurant that has it on the table we usually have to ask the waitress to take it away because she wants to eat the cheese instead of her dinner! She also loves ranch dressing and could practically drink it!

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 1:40am
post #82 of 179

[quote="flavacakes"]OMG Dordee, BBQ chips and ice cream?!?!?!?!! EEEEWWWW! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Are you sure you're not pregnant??? icon_lol.gif

LOL No, when I was pregnant almost every day I ate a tuna salad sandwich and immediately after eating it I would eat a peanut butter/jelly sandwich. Makes me want to throw up now just thinking about eating those two back to back but then it was SOOOOO GOOD!

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 7:31am
post #83 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by heather2780

monica have you ever tried mixing ketchep and mayo it makes a great little sauce I dip most everything in it its really great with fish sticks if your out of tartar that is.

Ok, I thought my DH was really weird for this one, now I know he's not alone. I'll pass.... ketchup for me. DH also does the miracle whip sandwiches, but it has to have pepper on it.

My mom used to fix us bowls of canned pears and top them with shredded cheddar cheese, YUCK. I hated that for dessert.
DH won't touch grits, but I like them on occasion. I mix them with fried eggs, bacon, salt and pepper. It's a big mess on the plate, but soooo good. He thinks I'm nuts, I say it's just breakfast pre-mixed. I guess things are pretty tame in my house. I do eat Ovaltine by the spoonful straight from the jar and an occasional sip of milk.

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 8:03am
post #84 of 179

Ok I guess my family isn't so wierd. My wierd things are potato salad sandwiches. And salads with Ranch and Dorothy Lynch(a local dressing) mixed together. I also put ketchup on my eggs. Ketchup and mayo together for my fries. I always use mayo to dip my fish in. I also put chips on my sandwiches. I also eat fried bolonga and fried egg sandwiches. And an old boyfriend introduced my to fried macaroni.

And like peajay66 says ketchup and mayo is great and add the relish it is great thumbs_up.gif

My DD eats mayo sandwiches. Sometimes with ketchup on them.

My mom always ate peanutbutter, banana,bologna sandwiches.

My DH is a braunschweiger freak. I use to eat it when I was little now I can't stand the smell. And my Dh will put BBQ sauce or A-1 on just about anything. He will eat raw potatoes like an apple.

And I don't even want to go into the concoctions my teen DS has done. YUCK

So I guess to each his own. And I know there are more things that I am missing. Nice to see I am not as weird as I thought I was. icon_lol.gif

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 2:03am
post #85 of 179

[/quote]We've been having a big debate at work about if french fries dipped in a milkshake would be good. Sounds good to me![/quote]

When I was a kid I would get soft serve vanilla ice cream and french fries and dip my fries in the ice cream. Veeerrry yummy!

joanmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanmary Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 5:21am
post #86 of 179

When we lived in NJ loved tomatoes and mayo on white bread. There is nothing like a Jersey tomato!!!

jessica - Ahh, Friendly's - one of my dd's first jobs was waitressing there - Jim Dandys!!!

I think I am going to take the prize here - I am almost reluctant to say this but I like herring - either in cream sauce or wine sauce.

mommykicksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommykicksbutt Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 4:58pm
post #87 of 179

Any bread, any cheese, any jelly and grill it! A guaranteed winner every time, any time! Sometime I add PB to it.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 5:19pm
post #88 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

I love this stuff. I eat it plain or on some club crackers. One thing that I can't eat with anyone else in the house.. and then I have to go brush my teeth or I get crap about the smell =(

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 7:10pm
post #89 of 179

Braunsweiger, aka "liverwurst" or Liver WORST, was a staple growing up with my dad. Slice it off, put on white bread. Add a slice of American cheese, and sometimes a tomato with salt and pepper. Others will know that you ate it because your breath smells like canned cat food.

Other favorites:
ketchup on eggs
pancakes (vanilla in the batter) with butter and brown sugar - tastes like cake
grilled cheese with mustard cooked in between the slices of cheese
cottage cheese with bacon and catalina
"leftover salad" - all leftover meats and cheeses cut up and put over lettuce and all the leftover fresh veggies. Add bread and butter pickles and crunched up crackers.
Miracle Whip and American cheese on white bread

As a kid- peanut butter on a slice of white bread. Add jelly. Melt in the micro. Add sugar until it won't soak in any more.
Also as a kid- fill bowl with whipped cream from a can, top with chocolate syrup and sprinkles.

Best chocolate ice cream- start with vanilla ice cream, chop it up in the bowl. Drench with Hershey's syrup and stir till it makes a paste.

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 7:46pm
post #90 of 179

I like brausnweiger on rye bread just by itself.

Fried bologna and egg on toasted wheat bread with mayonaise.

My German grandma always makes me pancake soup when I visit Germany. It is leftover pancakes (more like crepes) cut into strips and used like noodles in chicken broth with some other seasoning and such.....so good!

Fluffer-nutters. Marshmallow fluff and sliced bananas or apples on bread, mmmmm!

Cornmeal mush with maple syrup and butter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%