Do You Eat Anything That Others Think Is Weird....

Lounge By jen1977 Updated 26 May 2007 , 6:11pm by Confectionary2

NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 3:08am
post #121 of 179

lecrn, both of my girls eat crackers with peanut butter and cheese (they like the shredded Mexican five cheese blend)

CreativeCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakery Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 4:42am
post #122 of 179

I too am a fan of fries in Daiy Queen vanilla softserve, and I LOVE potato chips dipped in cake frosting (plain buttercream). I also eat my grits with sugar, and dip my fries in malt vinegar or mayo with pepper.

Mom eats icicle radishes (the long white ones) on white bread with Miracle Whip.

AND NOW, I HAVE THE GROSSEST OF ALL!!!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif

My mom actually knew someone who ate what they called "Cannibal Burgers". This was RAW hamburger on a bun topped with a very thick slice of raw yellow onion!!!

Makes me shiver just to think about it!! tapedshut.gif

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 5:50am
post #123 of 179

Cannibal burger sounds like my grandpa. Our family all use to eat raw burger. NOT ME MINE HAD TO BE WELL DONE.

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 10:27am
post #124 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbyjess

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlyKat

But one of my favs is a banana and pnut butter sandwich!

K'ly ... I LOVE PB and banana sandwiches!!! YUM!! icon_smile.gif

One of my favs. is PB, banana & marshmallow sand. on buttered, grilled toast made in a frying pan. TRY IT!

Holy crap that sounds good!!!! Almost as good as a fried Pnut butter and grape jelly thumbs_up.gif K'ly

KlyKat Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 10:32am
post #125 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeCakery

I too am a fan of fries in Daiy Queen vanilla softserve, and I LOVE potato chips dipped in cake frosting (plain buttercream). I also eat my grits with sugar, and dip my fries in malt vinegar or mayo with pepper.

Mom eats icicle radishes (the long white ones) on white bread with Miracle Whip.

AND NOW, I HAVE THE GROSSEST OF ALL!!!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif

My mom actually knew someone who ate what they called "Cannibal Burgers". This was RAW hamburger on a bun topped with a very thick slice of raw yellow onion!!!

YES, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!! Why oh why icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif would someone eat raw hambuger icon_confused.gif K'ly

NikkiDoc Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 11:35am
post #126 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeCakery

My mom had a friend who ate raw hamburger on crackers. This person was a little off kilter anyway. icon_smile.gif

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 6:00pm
post #127 of 179

I never ate a whole sandwich of raw meat, but when my grandma and I would make meatloaf we would taste the raw mixuture to make sure it was seasoned properly before we baked it. If I do that around any of my friends they freak out and say I'm gonna get mad cow disease. icon_rolleyes.gif

CreativeCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakery Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 6:22pm
post #128 of 179

A litle snitch to check a seasoning might be okay, but I cannot imagine eating a whole, pattied-out uncooked burger!! icon_cry.gif

I am with the "well-done" crowd....I can't even stand a thin pink line in a burger. Steak I always order on the well side of med. well. OH! I did have a customer ask once (waaaay back when I was a server) if we were "required" to let the meat touch the grill. She said she wanted it "crawling off the plate!" icon_confused.gificon_eek.gificon_cry.gif This was a steak.

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 7:15pm
post #129 of 179

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif raw meat thumbsdown.giftapedshut.gif YUCKO!! That makes me gag even thinking about it.....eeeekkkk..... When I worked at Ryan's Steakhouse I had a customer want that meat raw too. Not even touching the grill... I was baffled. yuck. I think that may be the winner in my book. icon_rolleyes.gificon_eek.gif yuck
I can not even stand pink in my meat. WELL DONE PLEASE icon_lol.gif

willman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
willman Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 7:35pm
post #130 of 179

this is really bringing back the memories, my five year old LOVES spam but will only eat it if it is cold straight from the can (he needs to see it drop out of the can) we took a "pilgramage" to the spam museum back in feb. very tongue in cheek) we grew up in good ol' denver on liverwurst,and icicle radishes and occasionally cornmeal mush with maple syrup...yuk.we couldn't afford spam we had to have treat(generic spam) thanks ffor the memories!!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 9:48pm
post #131 of 179

actually, steak tartar is a delicacy -- (aka a very fine sirloin steak ground up to hamburger w/ seasonings -- tho' I'll pass the on the raw egg your supposed to put into a little depression on top of the mound!)

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 10:07pm
post #132 of 179

icon_eek.gif @ raw hamburger. ick. That reminds me of the Wife Swap episode I saw where the one family ate a raw diet - raw chicken, eggs, meat, etc. They even let raw meat sit and ferment for months and ate it like jerky. They used butter that sat and almost turned to blue cheese as toothpaste - did anyone else see that show? I just completely grossed myself out thinking about that again.

The only thing raw I can eat is sushi.

I'm with the potato chips on sandwiches club...fries in burgers too(turkey).

I love A1 sauce with any meat.

Peanut butter on hot pancakes is yummy! Spread a little on and fold it in half....it melts in there...so good.

I miss the fries with 'mayo" (frit sauce) in Holland. It's not the same mayo we have here.

I love that malt vinegar stuff on fried fish.

That's all I can think of.

NikkiDoc Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 11:48pm
post #133 of 179

Okay here's another one I thought of. I'm sure everyone is going to think this is weird. I like my popcorn just a little burnt. Not very burnt, just slightly. When it stops popping in the micro I let it go for another 30-50 seconds. It smells just a little burnt, but doesn't reek or smoke up the house. I know it's weird

I also like the extra brown potato chips that you can only occasionally find in the bag. I would love it if some potato chip company sold their slightly over-cooked chips. I would keep them in business!

cakelady1994 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady1994 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 2:08am
post #134 of 179

[quote="NikkiDoc"]Okay here's another one I thought of. I'm sure everyone is going to think this is weird. I like my popcorn just a little burnt. Not very burnt, just slightly. When it stops popping in the micro I let it go for another 30-50 seconds. It smells just a little burnt, but doesn't reek or smoke up the house. I know it's weird

I also like burnt popcorn and i love potato chip that are folded, i pick them out first.

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 2:16am
post #135 of 179

Plain chips dipped in mustard. ALso, dipping hot, salty fries in to chocolate ice cream or chocolate milk shake.

mhill91801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhill91801 Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 2:58am
post #136 of 179

Such a fun thread, I had to join in.....

We eat peanut butter on pancakes, waffles, and french toast...MMM.

Sugar on tomatoes is another one of my favorites.

I dip my pizza in ranch dressing.

When I was pregnant, I put pickles on my pizza (under the cheese after it was cooked), then dipped it in ranch. Also like to just dip the pickles in ranch!

My husband eats liverwurst sandwiches with mustard and swiss cheese....he takes these to work for lunch. I told him nobody's going to talk to him with breath like that! Liverwurst AND swiss!! Yuck!

Peanut butter on pears.

When my dad was growing up, they didn't have much money, so they would eat some weird things. As I was growing up, he would have me try them, and I would eat them because I thought I would be cool like my dad. I remember one of them was "milk-toast". Basically, toast broken up in a bowl, with milk poured over it. thumbsdown.gif

I'm sure there are more, the memories came back as I read these posts...thanks for the laughs!

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 10:12am
post #137 of 179

Put my dad in the category with the cornbread and milk. No buttermilk, just regular though. Ick, I couldn't stand to see him eat that. Oh and pinto beans and cornbread. To this day I can't eat a bowl of pinto beans like they do, his whole family loves them.

How can anyone eat raw meat??? Even sushi grosses me out.

KlyKat Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 10:43am
post #138 of 179

I can't do the raw meat, but I do LOVE Sushi thumbs_up.gif I have to drive 50 mins to go to my favorite rest. to eat it. It's really worth it icon_lol.gif K'ly

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 28 Mar 2007 , 12:36pm
post #139 of 179

DianaMarieMTV, If you sneak a bite of the meatloaf to taste it, & someone mentions the mad cow disease; you should start acting crazy & mooing. Then look at them & ask" What do you mean?" with a very straight face of course.

I also eat pinto beans & cornbread, collard or turnip greens with vinegar. YUMMY!!!

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 2:10am
post #140 of 179

[quote="lecrn"]Let's see...some "poor people" food I ate growing up:
fried polk greens(another wild plant) & eggs
corn bread crumbled in buttermilk (brother-in-law eats it with pnut butter as well)
tomato & mayo sand.

I LOVE fried polk greens, or polk sallet as we call it, with eggs. Corn bread with 1% milk is great too, not buttermilk though, I hate it.
Tomato and mayo sandwiches are soooo good too. Have to have mine salted good though. I also like tomato slices with mayo on crackers too.

My favorite meal of the summer is Pinto beans, fried polk sallet, green onions, and tomatoes fresh from the garden. I am making myself so hungry right now. icon_cry.gif

cookingfor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingfor5 Posted 29 Mar 2007 , 3:35pm
post #141 of 179

This is not extremely weird, but for my 8 years in grade school I ate Cinamon and sugar sandwiches in my lunch. Never had even peanut butter and jelly. As I got older, my friends would beg me to trade so I started bringing 2 sandwiches.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 2 Apr 2007 , 7:44am
post #142 of 179

in the Bahamas I had fresh conch salad (they got it right out of the ocean knocked a hole in it and put it in baggies with some sort of vinegar based concoction...LOVE IT

love marinated artichokes on crackers

we used to do the sugar sandwiches to..Probably why I never could lose weight...

Used to eat potato chips dipped in vinegar and lays potato chips on my peanut butter sandwiches

Rosie_from_MD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie_from_MD Posted 8 May 2007 , 9:07am
post #143 of 179

I've got to add my 2 wierd ones--
Ketchup on turkey

scrapple and grape jelly sandwiches on toast--that's the only way we ever ate them and now my Dad has turned some of his buddies on to it too.

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 8 May 2007 , 9:37am
post #144 of 179

I just remembered another one. My DH puts ketchup on leftover pizza and on tacos.

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 9 May 2007 , 7:49pm
post #145 of 179

icon_lol.gif Man was this an entertaining thread. I just read it from beginning to end! Anyway, here are my additions (1st let me just say MMMMM Braunsweiger YUmmmm! lol)

We call it Alpo icon_redface.gif Browned ground beef mixed w/ scrambled egg

Pancakes w/ butter & syrup and a sunnyside up egg on top

Eggs scrambled w/ Fritos

Corn dogs w/ pancake syrup

I love burned (black) weiners and sausage on the barbeque pit (to fill my carcenogenic caloric intake for the day lol)

And I put potato chips in my sandwiches, As Well!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 10 May 2007 , 1:02am
post #146 of 179

mhill...my dad loves milk toast, and they used to make us eat it for breakfast some saturday mornings! YUCK! Only, mom would butter the bread, sprinkle a layer of cinnamon/sugar on it, pop it under the broiler to turn the sugar mixture kinda crunchy, then pour warm milk over it. TIn the oven is the only way I'll eat cinnamon toast now, but forget the milk!

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 10 May 2007 , 2:01am
post #147 of 179

Well I have to get in on this. I love dandilion tops fried. When the flowers are nice an yellow, I pick 'em soak in salt water, dry on paper towels then put in egg wash then in flour and a little hot oil and fry. They kinda tastle like mushrooms. But be careful where you pick them from.
Jeanne

TRisser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TRisser Posted 10 May 2007 , 2:20am
post #148 of 179

I haven't read all of these but I used to take peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches to school. I like to spread peanut butter on a banana. My favourite is to dip McDonald's french fries in their chocolate shake.

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 10 May 2007 , 2:22am
post #149 of 179

I dip my rolls in A-1 sauce. I can not eat them with out it. You should have seen the look on Moms face when I got the a-1 out. We were having Spegetti. icon_lol.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 10 May 2007 , 2:51am
post #150 of 179

I must be really odd because I eat the majority of stuff posted on here. They are almost a staple at my house. (ok, not the conch salad or the fried dandilions though)

When I was little the only way I would touch a potato chip was if it had cottage cheese on it.

I eat crushed ice with salt on it. (yes, I'm low in iron)

I use to waitress on a lady who would take her western omelet (ham, green pepper, potatoes, and onion) and then slather on grape jelly. GAG!!!! I have a friend who loves peanut butter and mayo sandwiches. Double GAG!!!

***MY DD eats ketchup with everything!!!!!!!! No matter what it is ketchup is on it. I catch her sometimes with just bowls of ketchup and a spoon icon_confused.gif
*** I have caught my DS on many occasions in the sugar bowl with a spoon. All I can hear is this cruching sound and I know where he is---I moved the jars and he climbs to get them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%