Do You Eat Anything That Others Think Is Weird....

Lounge By jen1977 Updated 26 May 2007 , 6:11pm by Confectionary2

Maureen1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maureen1971 Posted 10 May 2007 , 5:14am
post #151 of 179

Mine are:

Tomato and sugar sandwiches
speculaas sandwiches (dutch windmill cookies)
brown sugar sandwiches
pb and cheese sandwiches
creamed chicken soup made with only ½ can milk poured on toast
chocolate sprinkle sandwiches
coloured sprinkle sandwiches

and here's one of my grandparents' that I always found disgusting...
milk on pancakes. They never have syrup. Milk only. UGGH gross!

Marksgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marksgirl Posted 10 May 2007 , 11:57am
post #152 of 179

OK here are mine:

Toast a piece of bread, put cottage cheese on top of the bread, then a fried egg on top of the cottage cheese. (had it for breakfast thing morning).

Fried egg sandwich.

Yes I put ketchup on my egg.

When I was a kid, I would put Peanut Butter on a slice of bread, then sugar on top of the peanut butter.

Marksgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marksgirl Posted 10 May 2007 , 12:50pm
post #153 of 179

Oh I just thought of another one:

Cucumber sandwich-with mayo..salt & pepper. Yummy!!

gpe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gpe Posted 10 May 2007 , 2:34pm
post #154 of 179

ring bologna dipped in mustard along with saletines and chocolate milk ..

cakemom1997 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom1997 Posted 10 May 2007 , 3:24pm
post #155 of 179

my dh eats anything pickeled eggs....when he makes a sandwich the puts cream cheese ranch dressing green olives and tons of mustard on it.
my dad puts ketchup on everything. i remember him eating cornbread with buttermilk poured over it or milk and crackers ewww

fairytale_parties Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fairytale_parties Posted 10 May 2007 , 4:01pm
post #156 of 179

I drizzle chili sauce (habanero) on chocolate ice cream....mmmmmm icon_biggrin.gif

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 10 May 2007 , 4:29pm
post #157 of 179

Tomato (have to be from the garden!) and peanut butter sandwiches.
I love them!

zoboo2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoboo2 Posted 11 May 2007 , 8:24pm
post #158 of 179

OK hang on to your seats, this will gross you out!
1) Raw hamburger, mixed with onion, BBQ, breadcrumb and spices. All on white bread. Mom told me I would get worms but I haven't yet!
I also like Carpaccio from a place called Biaggis' it is raw beef tenderloin sliced paper thin with olive oil and capers. YUMMO!

2) As a kid I ate bologna, BBQ and butter sandwiches.

3)White bread, summer sausage and raspberry jam sandwiches.

Ok that's all I am admitting to! Please don't shun me! icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 11 May 2007 , 8:30pm
post #159 of 179

LOL Don't worry Zoboo2! icon_razz.gif We'd never judge you, here! icon_biggrin.gif I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit icon_razz.gif I kid, I kid!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 11 May 2007 , 8:47pm
post #160 of 179

LMAO My DH's grandfather used to eat raw hamburger patties all the time! icon_sad.gif ....sorry I am never hungry anyways but really this did the trick icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 12 May 2007 , 3:30am
post #161 of 179

Grape jelly and cheese sandwiches. I also love grilled cheese dipped in grape jelly. Try it... it's soooo good.

coolchc21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolchc21 Posted 12 May 2007 , 3:53am
post #162 of 179

Ketchup in my rice, lol.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 12 May 2007 , 4:13pm
post #163 of 179

I think I'm going to vomit!---just kidding icon_lol.gif

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 13 May 2007 , 7:48pm
post #164 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

I forgot about sugar on my tomatoes.

omg! That was my FAVORITE snack when I was little! My mom used to make them for me, and I would eat them while listening to my Disney books on record. She also would make this "salad" sometimes, a half a canned peach filled with cottage cheese, topped with a dollop of Miracle Whip, all sprinkled with nutmeg, all of this on top of a single iceberg lettuce leaf. Mmmm. Also pancakes smothered in sour cream and topped with brown sugar. Joy. She also used to make me lettuce, Miracle Whip and pb sandwiches, I cannot stomach them now, but I luuuuved them in elementary school.

Oh, and I am all over the Wendy's fries dipped in Frosty's. I also enjoy Chick-Fil-A nuggets & waffle fries dipped in THIER mayo, no one elses. And my sister got me hooked on cold McDonalds nuggets sandwiched between two dill pickle slices and american cheese.

lol, no wonder I need to loose weight!

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 13 May 2007 , 8:04pm
post #165 of 179

I just remembered two more:

I like to put butter on a WARM glazed Krispy Kreme. And a "pudding" that is cake (no frosting), mixed with mostly melted chocolate ice cream.

I'm hungry. icon_lol.gif

lilscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilscakes Posted 13 May 2007 , 11:11pm
post #166 of 179

I never eat salt, except on my apples, oranges, & grapefruit.....Love it...

TheKookieWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheKookieWench Posted 14 May 2007 , 12:20am
post #167 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by val_nutrimetics

Miracle Whip sandwiches. Just bread and miracle whip. Gross, I know! I used to love them when I was younger!

OMG!! That is my all-time favorite sandwich ever! When I was younger, I thought my mom was going to kill me for going through a whole jar of miracle whip and a loaf of bread. We also grew our own beefsteak tomatoes, so as a bonus treat to myself, I would slice up a tomato, place it on my miracle whip sandwich, add some potato chips, add the other slice of bread on top then smash it down. Now that is some good eats! Just wait till I tell Mom that I'm not alone in my love of miracle whip sandwiches!!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 14 May 2007 , 12:28am
post #168 of 179

Oh I love tomato sandwiches!

I love ham smeared with cream cheese then rolled up around a dill pickle mmmmm

nokddng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nokddng Posted 14 May 2007 , 1:40am
post #169 of 179

Only thing I can think of is peanut butter on pancakes..with syrup also. Yummy!! icon_smile.gif Not exactly healthy.

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 15 May 2007 , 3:00am
post #170 of 179

Well, I'm not sure if I'm the finckiest eater out there so I'll tell you what my husband eats. We are hispanic and there are several things that we eat that most people frown upon.

His favorite are brain tacos. Yes! Cow brains. EEEeeeeeww! tapedshut.giftapedshut.gif

He also eats, tongue, eyes, cheeks, oh and pigs intestines. tapedshut.giftapedshut.gif

The weirdest thing I can remember eating is pickles dipped in ice cream but then again I was pregnant so it was ok then. icon_lol.gif

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 16 May 2007 , 5:13pm
post #171 of 179

My mother, when I was a little kid, used to tell me "You're going to grow up to be a great baker someday. Only real bakers can eat crisco off a spoon..." and thats because I did!!

When she would bake (thats what she did), I would always sneak a spoonful of crisco and she'd catch me sitting on the floor in the corner, slurping it away...lol (yes, its gross and I DO NOT eat it like that anymore...)

hmmm....maybe that is wht i'm a little more fluffy then i'd like to be...

mommykicksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommykicksbutt Posted 22 May 2007 , 3:57am
post #172 of 179

well my grandmother likes calf's brains & scrabbled eggs! eeewwww!!!!

I've eaten some weird stuff like BBQ goat tongue, frogs legs, 'gater, squirrel, opossum, snake, raccoon, sea urchin, BBQ baby squid on a stick, dog, cat, eel, the list could go on. Once belonged to a group... Veni, vidi, eatie (we came, we saw, we eat!) We toured southeastern Asia by eating our way though Japan, Okinawa, Singapore, Thailand, and Hong Kong.

lynda-bob Posted 22 May 2007 , 2:41pm
post #173 of 179

Mommykicksbutt, My grandfather used to make us brain'n'egg tacos icon_biggrin.gif
We've eaten a portion of your list, as well, and also buffalo and pigeon.
Once, at my kids' check-ups, the Dr. asked if they were good eaters. I say yes seeing as they see the menu at a restaurant and say, "OK!" icon_lol.gif
But I guess just to be sure, they ask them what's your favorite food? My son answers, "Steak - red". My daughter is quiet. She finally answers, "Green Beans." The doctor asks if she is sure and she says, "No, I'm not sure." icon_confused.gif She says, "I didn't know what to say 'cause I love everything." icon_lol.gif He says, "Well, do you like to eat octopus?" She says yes! He looked a little incredulous. Then he asks her, "Do you eat whale?" She just looked at him like icon_rolleyes.gif and Tsks. "NO." I started laughing...then I told him we DO eat Paella w/ little baby octopi in it... icon_lol.gif

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 22 May 2007 , 3:45pm
post #174 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokddng

Only thing I can think of is peanut butter on pancakes..with syrup also. Yummy!! icon_smile.gif Not exactly healthy.

I can't believe I finally met someone else who puts peanut butter on pancakes!! With a cold glass of milk its delicious!!

mommykicksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommykicksbutt Posted 25 May 2007 , 4:07am
post #175 of 179

lynda-bob,

teach 'em to eat "weird stuff" while they're young and they'll like just about everything when they're older. My oldest (now an adult) will eat anything! We spent many years living abroad and different cultures eat different foods, things we would have never have imagined as "food" in our American culture.

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 26 May 2007 , 8:59am
post #176 of 179

Well, this one is weird to me anyway... I found out the my BIL will not eat cake unless it is in a bowl with milk poured over it. EEEWWWW. I couldn't eat soggy wet cake like that. Now ice cream I can handle, but it's gone so fast it doesn't have time to melt.

lynda-bob Posted 26 May 2007 , 5:03pm
post #177 of 179

VACakelady, I just found out recently one of my friends does the bowl of milk thing, too. I had offered him a piece of cake and he asked for some milk. I handed him a glass of milk and he says, "Can I have a bowl?" icon_confused.gif Yep he put the cake in the bowl and poured the milk on top. I could hardly see the cake poking out. icon_razz.gif He said that's how they all ate cake in his family... Weird to me, too icon_rolleyes.gif

Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 26 May 2007 , 6:08pm
post #178 of 179

When I was a kid I liked to eat cheetos and chocolate covered graham crackers at the same time!
Notice there is a trend here with the "sweet & salty" combination!! We just choose different ways to achieve it. icon_biggrin.gif

P.S--- My mom puts a tablespoon in ALL her veggies while cooking them! I am not sure, but I think that is a "southern thing". I had to break free of it! LOL

Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 26 May 2007 , 6:11pm
post #179 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACakelady

Well, this one is weird to me anyway... I found out the my BIL will not eat cake unless it is in a bowl with milk poured over it. EEEWWWW. I couldn't eat soggy wet cake like that. Now ice cream I can handle, but it's gone so fast it doesn't have time to melt.

Have you ever made the Tres Leches cake for him???? I bet he'd love it!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%