The Confession Thread

Decorating By daranaco Updated 17 Mar 2007 , 5:00pm by TheKookieWench

daranaco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daranaco Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 204

I know everyone has something cake-related that they're hiding so I'll be the first to confess~

I like the taste cake batter better than the taste of cake.

[runs and hides]

203 replies
spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:30pm
post #2 of 204

Ummmm where do I start icon_lol.gif

I hate to bake! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

I procrastinate BIGTIME icon_eek.gif

Work best under stress & Chaos icon_confused.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by daranaco

I know everyone has something cake-related that they're hiding so I'll be the first to confess~

I like the taste cake batter better than the taste of cake.

[runs and hides]

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I too am a cake batter addict (especially chocolate and carrot cakes) - that and melted chocolate, I've lost count of the times I've licked the bowl and ended up with a little brown Hitler moustache icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif !

Susieindy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susieindy Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:32pm
post #4 of 204

I get all excited about doing a cake, but then when the time actually comes to get started on it, sometimes I dread it! Seems like there are a million other things going on, and I would rather not be working on a cake right then!

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:34pm
post #5 of 204

I love to bake, but I am a HUGE procrastinator also. I wait till the last minute and then scramble to the finish....

Cindy

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:36pm
post #6 of 204

I always have the best intentions to start ahead of time and then put it off until the last minute and stress myself out.

I'm always excited about orders, but when it comes time to do them, I never want to.

I eat the icing icon_wink.gif

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:37pm
post #7 of 204

icon_lol.gif

I don't really like cake. . .

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:41pm
post #8 of 204

My secret... I plan gorgeous cakes in my head, then when I go to do them, they rarely turn out. I end up either irritated by the crappy cake that I turned out, or it may look ok, but it's NOTHING like I saw in my head. SO frustrating!

simplysweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweetcakes Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:44pm
post #9 of 204

I hate the baking part, I wish I could just start in on the decorating!!!

cindy6250 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:44pm
post #10 of 204

nglez09---Don't like cake!!!??? Isn't that against the laws of cake decorating!? HEEHEE

Cindy

Lexy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lexy Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:44pm
post #11 of 204

I hate cake, I hate fondant, I hate marzipan and royal icing makes me sick. Other then that its great.
I have to agree with all of you. I have the best intentions and i look forward to it so much, but once it gets here i want to run and hide!!!

nglez09 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:47pm
post #12 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy6250

nglez09---Don't like cake!!!??? Isn't that against the laws of cake decorating!? HEEHEE

Cindy

icon_lol.gif I like everything else. . . icon_rolleyes.gif

cindy6250 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:50pm
post #13 of 204

Ok, So you are a secret icing sneaker, is that it??
Lol

Cindy

My problem is I like anything with sugar in it, except white buttercream......

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:53pm
post #14 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

My secret... I plan gorgeous cakes in my head, then when I go to do them, they rarely turn out. I end up either irritated by the crappy cake that I turned out, or it may look ok, but it's NOTHING like I saw in my head. SO frustrating!

OMG you must be secretly sharing brains with me!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I am absolutely exactly like that!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:54pm
post #15 of 204

I don't have a creative bone in my body. I love to bake, not good a decorating. I HATE icing. I always seem to wait until the last minute to start, that's when everythign is going on in my house.
(I will hide my face now.)

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:55pm
post #16 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

me too! and the more i keep going and the more it strays from my original idea, the more i want the throw the whole thing out and give up

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:56pm
post #17 of 204

2 years ago, I couldn't bake my way out of a paper bag.
I actually started my business doing handmade chocolates.

And, my wedding cake, 6 years ago, was from Walmart. I put some ivy around it, and thought it was pretty. But, my friend put these horrible red heart cookies on top, which are in all the pictures. I do share that with some of my clients, to let them know I know I am out to save the wedding world from bad wedding cake.

(Please, no bashing, my friend is a Walmart cake decorator and is an awesome at home baker.)

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:58pm
post #18 of 204

I forgot to add I look like this icon_evil.gif when anyone tries to enter my kitchen during any of the process.

zoomitoons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomitoons Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:59pm
post #19 of 204

oh my, where do i start? lol ok here goes

i DO NOT like cake, any flavor. ( i know, it's a cake decoratoring sin LOL)

i do not like chocolate veyr much (maybe eat 2 or 3 pieces a year)

i can not make rice krispie treats to save my life LOL i can bake all kinds of cookies, cakes, pies etc but can not make the simple treats that every kids likes
ok, i actually feel better getting this off my chest LOL
Amy

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 10:04pm
post #20 of 204

I never create a piece unless the sculpture is completely created in my head, carried around enough for a few days, slept on it and I am absolutely sure of the method, color, size and composition of the piece.

I have many half "baked" (bad pun) creations just slooshing around in my brain cosmos......some as old as year ago when I started......

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 10:05pm
post #21 of 204

I'm not a big cake eater and I'm making my DH gain weight.

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 10:12pm
post #22 of 204

I hate cake. I hate frosting. I hate chocolate.

I like pie. I can't make pie. I can make any cake, any frosting and I seem to have a knack for chocolate.

I also have the massively creative brain that isn't backed up by talent.

Rachel

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 10:13pm
post #23 of 204

Oh & I really struggle w/ cleaning.

Rachel

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 10:15pm
post #24 of 204

shhh.gif Don't tell anyone, but I don't like chocolate either. No chocolate cake, brownies, frosting,...yuck! The only thing chocolate I like are reeces peanut butter cups. That's why when I make my kids birthday cakes they are forced to have something that I will eat. icon_lol.gif I have only let my daughter have chocolate cake once and even then I also made white cake. They were the ice cream cone cupcakes in my pictures. I figure until they are old enough to make their own cakes then they can't complain what I make for them. icon_lol.gif

nglez09 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 10:17pm
post #25 of 204

Nope, don't like frosting either. . . icon_redface.gif

juledcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juledcakes Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 10:21pm
post #26 of 204

buttercream frosting actually makes me throw up but i LOVE mmf. and the only way ill eat cake is with my mom'shomemade jam on it. yum icon_lol.gif

jentheracinggirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jentheracinggirl Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 10:22pm
post #27 of 204

I love to bake anything. And I love to cook everything.

But, as hard as I try to stay on top of it, I hate cleaning up the kitchen once I'm done cooking.............

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 10:24pm
post #28 of 204

Jentheracinggirl welcome to our obsession!

Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 10:25pm
post #29 of 204

I tried SMBC for the first time this weekend and hated it *gasp*. I thought it was extremely bland and too much like whipped cream icing (which I also don't like). I love that super sugary buttery regular buttercream with lemon extract in it and the texture does not bother me one bit.

My other confession: I am in love with the taste of my own cakes which is odd because I never like my cooking. But I've found some recipes I just love and I think they are the best tasting cakes EVER. icon_razz.gificon_smile.gif

gidgetsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetsmom Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 10:26pm
post #30 of 204

I'm part of the procrastination club!

I'm also a charter member of the "I don't ever think my cakes look as good in real life as they do in my imagination" Club icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%