The Confession Thread

Decorating By daranaco Updated 17 Mar 2007 , 5:00pm by TheKookieWench

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 2:59am
post #61 of 204

oh, c'mon now, you all can do better than that! reach waaaay back into that closet and bring out those skeletons! icon_lol.gif

okay, here's mine.

when i'm finished with a tip, i take it off the pastry bag and suck all the frosting out of it. icon_biggrin.gif

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 3:01am
post #62 of 204

I buy too much equipment, but I refuse to bake for $$ (I like to do what I want, not what a customer might want).

Also, my poor husband only gets scraps, flops, and extras icon_sad.gif.

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 3:02am
post #63 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by nglez09

icon_lol.gif

I don't really like cake. . .

Same here. I think I have only tasted 3-4 of the cakes I have ever made. Everyone raves about how good they taste, but I really don't know. icon_redface.gif Thats kinda bad. I also wait until the last minute to get started and then get stressed out, sometimes to the point of tears. icon_sad.gif LOL you think I would have learned my lesson.

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 3:11am
post #64 of 204

I don't do cakes very often because of the cleanup.

It takes me 3-7 days to finish cleaning up from a cake. The dishes and stuff just sit in a pile by my sink.

Once I threw away some tips and bags because they were too disgusting to clean.

I'm a procrastinator, too. Once I was an hour late to my niece's 1st birthday party because I was still working on the cake. Everyone waited for me--they didn't even start eating dinner until I got there. icon_redface.gif

KCsmom98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCsmom98 Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 3:27am
post #65 of 204

Wow, what a great topic.

i think it's all been said...but i'll repeat it anyway icon_lol.gif

1: I HATE CLEANING
2: I HATE THE LOOK MY 3 YEAR OLD GIVES ME WHEN I TELL HER NO SHE CAN'T HELP WITH THIS CAKE (breaks my heart)
3: I HATE MIXING COLORS...no matter how hard i try not to, i always end up with rainbow brite fingernails
4: I HATE MAKING MMF...although i love the taste and working with it.
5: I'M NOT CREATIVE AT ALL, i have to look at other designs and "expand" from there icon_redface.gif
6: oh and did i mention I HATE CLEANING

keep'em coming ya'll....this is great

munkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
munkey Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 3:31am
post #66 of 204

I'm a pie person.. LOOOOVE PIE..but you cant get as creative with a pie decoration as you can with cake...I hate the feeling of anything greasy on my skin, i.e. Melted butter, oil, etc. So I have dry skin. Fondant is disgusting. The only frosting I like is whipped ganache. I do better 'winging-it' then trying to plan something because it always goes opposite of what I thought. When you work that way you most likely will surprise yourself because you never know WHAT to expect and if something halfway decent works its way out then I'm proud. Oh and finally...I LOVE WASHING DISHES!!! I hate using the dishwasher, it takes too long and I think it takes just as much time to rinse your dishes and load them in the dishwasher, then start it. If the dishwasher isnt full you waste electricity and water. I guess I'm weird.

jeking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeking Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 3:40am
post #67 of 204

OK...I always feel much more insecure than I let on with clients. I always say "no problem" to any cake they pick out and then start to panic...wondering if I can do it correctly.

strawberry0121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strawberry0121 Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 3:43am
post #68 of 204

I hate cleaning, especially the bags. I should just buy the disposable ones, but they are so expensive!

I buy cake stuff when we sometimes can't pay the bills on time!

I ave very little self esteem and always feellike a big phoney when I sell a cake.

If your kids want to help, bake an extra mini cake and let them go to town! Or make and freeze some NFSC to be used for just the occasion. It can at least buy 20 minutes with out the leeches wrapping themselves around your legs icon_smile.gif I'm thinking tubes of frosting that you can screw the tips right onto? Less mess to clean up...

lilmisscantbewrg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmisscantbewrg Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 3:49am
post #69 of 204

I hate cleaning up and dishpan hands (from whatever won't fit in the dishwasher)
I breaks my heart to tell my son I can't play bc I'm working on a cake.
I HATE DECORATING COOKIES!!!! and that's what I've been doing for two days!!!
....nothing EVER comes out like it looks in my head ( I'm with Melvira on that one!!)
...and...I doubt my decorating skills almost everyday, icon_redface.gif
but I tell myself that ppl keep coming back..so I must be doing something right.

butterflybebby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflybebby Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 4:05am
post #70 of 204

After reading it earlier...I very much enjoy seeing the looks on the childrens faces when they know exactly who it is that I made for them. And hearing the compliments from the adults. I always tell them that it's so easy (which for the most part it is for me- I get to use my artisitc ability) but everyone looks at me like I have 5 heads. I love when they say it's "beautiful."

Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 4:13am
post #71 of 204

ooh, I suck on the tips too. It's the easiest way of getting the frosting out for me! And then I of course boil them to sterilize them, but I love the tip frosting!

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 4:14am
post #72 of 204

Like so many others I have these visions of the perfect cake in my head that don't turn out the way I planned. Downright frustrating.
I can't make roses that look like they should so I use other flowers instead.
I haunt the thrift stores and garage sales looking for and buying any cake pans and decorating stuff I find. Have even bought duplicates of things I already have because the price was so cheap. Hubby says I have more pans than I could ever use. He is probably right.
I have downloaded tons of cake pictures and created my idea book and love to sit and look at the pictures. Printer is out of ink again because of it.
I spend way too much time on this web sight.
I love anything sweet especially chocolate.

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 4:14am
post #73 of 204

icon_redface.gif I hate to clean up ~ there are presently cookie trays and a KA mixer bowl in the sink waiting for me (just did cookies)
icon_redface.gif I confess that my ideas in my head are better than what I produce.
icon_redface.gif I confess that I hate my kitchen which is the size of a closet and I use the drawers as counters - pull them out and put a tray on them for more space.
icon_redface.gif I confess that I eat ALL of my mistakes
icon_redface.gif I confess that I like the decorating and hate baking.
icon_redface.gif I confess that I have called off work to stay home and play with my cake stuff....

That's enough for now... I feel like I need to go to church...and pack a lunch.... icon_lol.gif

Great topic!! icon_smile.gif

Birdlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Birdlady Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 4:23am
post #74 of 204

Ok, I have to give it up. I hate to clean the tips and couplers. I will keep them in a bag in the Fridge until the bag is full, then I will give in and clean those little buggers out.

sophie20033 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sophie20033 Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 4:34am
post #75 of 204

this thread is great..cake confessions therapy!!! icon_biggrin.gif

I hate it when I'm decorating & my kids pull on my shorts and ask me to play with them. Half the time I feel as if i neglect them.

I hate myself for always asking my husband "how much would you pay for this?". I think he's getting tired of my asking!

I hate myself for thinking tooooo much about a cake design. When a customer gives me a theme...my imagination will run wild!!!! And i'll get all excited, then they say too expensive, cut down on servings etc...

jstump Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstump Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 4:40am
post #76 of 204

The only part I like is the decorating icon_lol.gif I hate the clean up thumbsdown.gif I wish all I had to do was jump right into decorating thumbs_up.gif

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 4:45am
post #77 of 204

ok, here's some more confessions from me:
I also feel like a terrible mom because I don't play enough with my kids when I'm decorating.
I have bags, tips, couplers, etc. in the sink soaking. I hate to clean up crisco based icing!!
And I just figured out that I lie. I lie a lot. People ask me, isn't it hard to not eat what you bake? Oh no. After a while you get tired of looking at it. LIAR LIAR , PANTS ON FIRE!!!
I just made roll out cookies for my son to take to school for his valentines party and I've been snacking on the extras all night. Plain, and some with royal icing. (had to try it. never had it before)
Maybe that's how I've put back on the 25 lbs. I lost last year?!!
I do love this thread. A lot cheaper that a shrink!! And alas, I spend WAY too much time on this site, and it's worth it!!

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 5:04am
post #78 of 204

Ok after reading 7 pages of replies to this thread someone PLEASE tell me that I am not the only one who can cuss like a trucker when I'm decorating and things are not going right!!!!! icon_eek.gificon_mad.gificon_surprised.gif

I too feel like I'm neglecting my family when I'm doing cakes. icon_redface.gif

I LOVE cake, it's my favorite dessert so I eat it a lot and go back for more. So for those of you who don't like cake and frosting....GIMME GIMME!!! I'll eat your share!!! icon_biggrin.gif

KimAZ

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 5:08am
post #79 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAZ

Ok after reading 7 pages of replies to this thread someone PLEASE tell me that I am not the only one who can cuss like a trucker when I'm decorating and things are not going right!!!!! icon_eek.gificon_mad.gificon_surprised.gif

NOPE, you are not the only one... I just did it because of the 1S tip....
Hands are screaming... I know the 7& 8 year olds are going to appreciate the 1S tipwork... yeah right... icon_confused.gif

Yep, I do it icon_cool.gif You are not alone..... lol

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 5:13am
post #80 of 204

Ok, here's a funny one... like so many of you I get tired of cake, so while everyone else is eating it, I stare off into space and think about Johnny Depp. icon_wink.gif

Saturday I had a bridal tasting and I wanted to make sure what I was giving them was good... I took a bite and it actually made my eyes pop a little. I haven't eaten my cake in so long, I forgot how good it is! icon_redface.gif Not to sound too proud!! But I looked at my husband and said, "If she doesn't choose me after tasting this, then she's just stupid!" icon_lol.gif

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 5:14am
post #81 of 204

Great thread!
Okay, I love to cook but I adore baking. I bake when I am disgusted or totally fed up with something. It is my stress reliever.

I hate having anything on my hands...sugar, flour, or butter. I will wash my hands so much that I use an entire roll of paper towels baking one cake. And please don't let me get Crisco on my hands lol

Now, I don't bake for anyone other than family and friends but when I want to bake or try a new recipe, I will make a cake and pretend that someone in my family wanted one. I will ask my DH to please go out and pick up dinner because I have to get this cake finished. Well, really I don't because nobody even knows I am taking it to them LOL. I really do take them the cake IF I I am going to visit in a day or so. If I am not really going to visit then I will tell my DH the next day to just eat the cake because I didn't want to travel. My family lives an hour and a half away so I can get away with this icon_smile.gif.

I am finishing my master's degree online and often I tell DH that I have school work to do when I am really reading on CC.
Oh gosh, I am a horrible person because of my CAKE ADDICTION!!!!

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 5:16am
post #82 of 204

Alright, so I guess I am the only one.....
My confession, I was already FAT BEFORE I started doing cakes!
(no one else knows that!!!!)
My next confession.... I am STILL FAT!!! I think the clean up after a cake is done by my mouth!!!!

Oh, I also hate to clean tips and couplers so They go in the garbage each time along with the bags.

Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 5:28am
post #83 of 204
Quote:
Quote:

(no one else knows that!!!!)
My next confession.... I am STILL FAT!!! I think the clean up after a cake is done by my mouth!

Oh no, you are not the only one on that. I really truly believe that a batter bowl really can only go into the dishwasher after I have cleaned it out...by mouth. Those little rubber spatulas are FANTASTIC tools for this. icon_wink.gif

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 5:29am
post #84 of 204

I only like eating what I bake or cook and it drives me up the wall that I can't get a slice of the cakes I make for other people!

Used to hate cleaning tips and bags till read the tip about the plastic wrap plugs, now clean up a breeze.

I hate living in the boonies and not having acess to good decorating supplies and classes!!!

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 5:39am
post #85 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtkaylassweets

Oh, I also hate to clean tips and couplers so They go in the garbage each time along with the bags.

Hey sweets! Does that mean you go buy new couplers and tips everytime you do a new thing???? (Can't think of the wordlll icon_redface.gif it's a little late here!!) icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

strawberry0121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strawberry0121 Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 5:45am
post #86 of 204

qtkaylassweets:
WoW!!! I'm jealous! Throw those bad boys in a ziplock bag and mail them out to me! I'll clean them and use them!!!

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 5:58am
post #87 of 204

I get rid of them every single time! I hate the greasy feeling! I hate trying to get the coupler out of the bag and a big glob of frosting comes out with it! GROSS!
(I got a great deal on couplers last year from a closeout store in my area!- 2000 couplers for $5.00!!!)
Also get a great deal on tips! A box of 3 of one kind for $.25!!!
Of course it keeps adding up but.... I guess I am lazy! I just can't handle all of that grease!

katy625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy625 Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 6:15am
post #88 of 204

My confessions....lets see

Well, I am a sugarholic so everytime I make a cake I always have left over BC. I eat on that BC for literally the rest of the week! If i have a sweet tooth I will open the container and take a little. OMG I feel so ashamed!!!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_redface.gificon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

I HATE CLEANING!!!!!!!!

jamhays Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamhays Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 6:24am
post #89 of 204

I agree w/some of y'all. I don't really care for the baking. I'm not crazy about making icing. And I HATE cleaning up. I just like to decorate.

I've even paid my son to bake the cakes for me, then I go in & decorate. Sometimes my DH ends up cleaning my mess. icon_cry.gif

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 8:33am
post #90 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAZ

KimAZ

No, you're not the only one. I'm surprised that you couldn't hear me yesterday, when the icing just wouldn't behave itself, and insisted on pulling up oodles of crumbs. Luckily, the only "little one" in my house is now 14, and has heard much worse.

I've come really close to convincing my dh (Phrodod on this site) to start doing the smooth icing for me, and then letting me do the fun part.

I also hate BC and in fact most icings, with the exception of some ganaches. I'm also really picky about cake. Give me ice cream or cookies, though, and I have no self-control.

RedPanda

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%