Lounge By miss-tiff Updated 20 Aug 2013 , 4:18pm by helloIamSM

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:18am
post #91 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofcakes

Yep...I deffinately needed this kind of thread right now. Like that saying goes
"Don't take life so seriously, you'll never get out of it alive"

On another stupid note, i'm so tired of hearing about Octo mom's issues. I say we all get together and bake her a "special" cake with whatever extras we want to add icon_razz.gificon_eek.gificon_wink.gif ......could be fun....

That would be the biggest pregnancy belly cake anyone has ever seen!! icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:22am
post #92 of 430

And after all your hard work on that cake, I stole the pic of it off your gallery and put it on my website and claimed it as my own; watemark blurred out in photoshop.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:24am
post #93 of 430

Actually we could just go on CraigsList and get one of those bakers that does any cake for $35 to make all of our cakes and we could turn around and sell them for a profit.

I'm sure they would already include all of the afore mentioned goodies ie: cat hair and baby boogers, and we wouldn't have to go to the trouble of adding them ourselves.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:27am
post #94 of 430

Because I'm a Christian, I'm going to do the right thing and turn you in to the HD!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:29am
post #95 of 430

Dont' forget to scratch your butt while you're working ... then clean out from under your fingernails over the mixing bowl.

And 3 hours after delivery, whine about how you've not heard anything from the old lady, and shouldn't she have come running over bowing down and proclaiming it the absolutely best cake in the whole wide world by now?

Did anyone cover the butter vs margarine thing?

what a cool thread! I luv it!

vicksmaw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicksmaw Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:39am
post #96 of 430

I have been reading CC for a long time .I am addicted ,I have laughed so hard that i am crying over this thread .
Thanks for the laugh

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:43am
post #97 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

Because I'm a Christian, I'm going to do the right thing and turn you in to the HD!

...and because I'm an atheist and incapable of doing the right thing, I won't turn anyone in to the HD! These are all extras we should charge even more for! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:48am
post #98 of 430

I NEVER stop scratching my butt! Thats what gives my cakes that little extra "something"
I'm gonna start charging extra for having to do everything one handed darn it!

indydebi Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:49am
post #99 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodlesjupiter

Quote:

...and because I'm an atheist and incapable of doing the right thing, I won't turn anyone in to the HD! These are all extras we should charge even more for! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

And dont' forget to bash each other for being the opposite of each other, and remind each other that you need to keep your personal views to yourself, while using the Bible and non-religious texts to document and validate your personal views on WHY personal views are not permitted..

This would be after the big list of all the laws and rules that everyone has broken, like speeding, and pretty much telling everyone that since they're not perfect, they're not allowed to criticize ANYTHING that anyone else does. This speech must be given while picking your nose with one hand and stirring icing with the other. icon_rolleyes.gif

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:58am
post #100 of 430

And I had to use trans fat free crisco in the buttercream, so it had an awful consistency, and I used the liquid color from the supermarket to make it RED, and hoped no one would notice the taste...

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:58am
post #101 of 430

It's midnight, I' eating from a bag of Lay's and drinking tea.

STOP POSTING SO I CAN GO TO BED! icon_lol.gif

toodlesjupiter Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:59am
post #102 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodlesjupiter

Quote:

And dont' forget to bash each other for being the opposite of each other, and remind each other that you need to keep your personal views to yourself, while using the Bible and non-religious texts to document and validate your personal views on WHY personal views are not permitted..

This would be after the big list of all the laws and rules that everyone has broken, like speeding, and pretty much telling everyone that since they're not perfect, they're not allowed to criticize ANYTHING that anyone else does. This speech must be given while picking your nose with one hand and stirring icing with the other. icon_rolleyes.gif

Boogers, butt scratchings and criticism.... I'm going to run out and patent all of them as my own personal secret ingredients, and then SUE any of you who try to use MY ideas!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

Idreamofcakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:59am
post #103 of 430

BTW Hi Toodles Honey!! Been too long since we've talked...sorry!
I'm really trying to get out of this funk again. I had my first neck surgery though, only what 17 to go?? LOL! Glad to see you on this thread, should be lots O fun!

Carolynlovescake Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:04am
post #104 of 430
Quote:

Yep...I deffinately needed this kind of thread right now. Like that saying goes
"Don't take life so seriously, you'll never get out of it alive"

On another stupid note, i'm so tired of hearing about Octo mom's issues. I say we all get together and bake her a "special" cake with whatever extras we want to add icon_razz.gificon_eek.gificon_wink.gif ......could be fun....

If there's a free cakes for kids chapter in her area they will be on a first name basis and see each other at least 7 times a year (6 times for the first 6 birthdays then doing a mass delivery of 8 more cakes at the same time because you know she won't want just one cake with 8 names on it. The kids will all need their own cake.).

toodlesjupiter Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:05am
post #105 of 430
Quote:

BTW Hi Toodles Honey!! Been too long since we've talked...sorry!
I'm really trying to get out of this funk again. I had my first neck surgery though, only what 17 to go?? LOL! Glad to see you on this thread, should be lots O fun!

Hey girl! I've been missing you in our laundry thread! Not the same without ya! I really hope these surgeries help you. If you need anything PM me. Glad to see you in this thread as well. I needed a good laugh today! I'm glad I found it! Now back to our regularly scheduled antics!

Carolynlovescake Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:07am
post #106 of 430

And don't forget that I printed out an edible image using NON EDIBLE INK because it's only just a little ink and it won't make anyone sick.

Idreamofcakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:25am
post #107 of 430

WOOOHOOO I just found a new use for the hair I clean out of my DOGS brush! I just ball it all up and use it for hair on my fondant figures...this will save so much time and make it look so much more realistic! I bet I could even color it with the sharpies!!
Why are people so worried about pet hair.....geeze!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:29am
post #108 of 430
Quote:

WOOOHOOO I just found a new use for the hair I clean out of my DOGS brush! I just ball it all up and use it for hair on my fondant figures...this will save so much time and make it look so much more realistic! I bet I could even color it with the sharpies!!
Why are people so worried about pet hair.....geeze!

icon_lol.gif Too Funn!

Idreamofcakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:33am
post #109 of 430

I need sleep...see ya tomorrow!

miss_sweetstory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss_sweetstory Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:09am
post #110 of 430

Hey, did that cake have fresh flowers from Pesticides-R-Us which you stuck directly into the cake? (If not, I'm sure I can find their number.) I've also got a great source so that you can add some Tuk-n-Ruffle...you know, class it up a bit.

CAKEtankerous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKEtankerous Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:22am
post #111 of 430

Gee can anyone of you put this in one recipe form. As a newbie I can't believe the stuff I'm learning on here. This is something I never would have thought of on my own. Thanks guys yall are the best. Must try this cake next week and bring to my class and share with everyone. If possible could yall get together and make a show n tell video. that would be awesome. hehehe

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:25am
post #112 of 430

HA!!!!!! I can't believe I missed out on this fun. That's what I get for going to bed early(er) so I can can get my bum out of bed for my 5:30am walk.

Don't forget though.. if you make this cake and it ain't from scratch then it ain't a real cake. icon_wink.gif

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:17pm
post #113 of 430

What?? No mention of the football team that tromps through my kitchen RIGHT when I'm baking a cake, just to lick my bowls clean so I can use them again? I mean, I don't have kids, they just like to hang out. Sure, several of them scratch their butts (so do I), then they take my cats, chase them all over my counters (especially if they've just left the litterbox I haven't cleaned in a month). I mean, it's so helpful to have them around for cleanup.

That just makes the cakes all better, right? icon_wink.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:22pm
post #114 of 430

[quote="emrldsky"]What?? No mention of the football team that tromps through my kitchen RIGHT when I'm baking a cake, just to lick my bowls clean so I can use them again? quote]

Dogs do it faster. icon_lol.gif

Theresa icon_smile.gif

indydebi Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:27pm
post #115 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

See? This is why this is such a great site! Always getting tips on how to work more efficient! thumbs_up.gif

emrldsky Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:37pm
post #116 of 430
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

See? This is why this is such a great site! Always getting tips on how to work more efficient! thumbs_up.gif

Oh God, I keep laughing hard enough to get my bronchitis flaring up...my boss is going to send me home if this keeps up too much longer! lol

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:44pm
post #117 of 430

And all those dots you piped around the bottom edge of your cake... shame that had little points... why use a paintbrush or powdered sugar to smooth them down, just lick your finger and tap tap tap....

By the way... what's wrong with Bubble Tea Straws? I happen to like them. Did I miss something or are they just NOT SPS?

indydebi Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:48pm
post #118 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by shill

By the way... what's wrong with Bubble Tea Straws? I happen to like them.

I like that my friends save them for me after they finish their tea. Just be sure to rinse them out ok. I store them next to the used pizza cardboards ... once you cover them with foil, you can't see those grease and tomato sauce stains!

emrldsky Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:52pm
post #119 of 430
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shill

By the way... what's wrong with Bubble Tea Straws? I happen to like them.

I like that my friends save them for me after they finish their tea. Just be sure to rinse them out ok. I store them next to the used pizza cardboards ... once you cover them with foil, you can't see those grease and tomato sauce stains!

But doesn't rinsing them out waste water? Will this whole "green" and "climate saving" kick going on in the world, it's better to just have your friends lick them clean and go on with it. icon_smile.gif

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:56pm
post #120 of 430

I'm laughing so hard I can't manage to be bummed that I haven't found this thread until now!!! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Don't tell me... you're also kneading your fondant with a cigarette in each hand and a crack pipe in your mouth. It's all about multitasking, people!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%