Ot.before Walking Out The Door......

Lounge By mvigil Updated 28 Oct 2005 , 6:10pm by BritBB

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 20 Oct 2005 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 48

HI EVERYONE, it was so neat to read all the other posts .............
3 things about you- what we make for lunch - How to get your kids to their own beds .........

And so I wondered what are the most important things we do before walking out the door in the morning???

For example - Some of us have to just have to drink their COFFEE!!
Exercise- read the daily paper - or watch the news

I think you get what I mean

For me its I have to have lotion on my hands right before I leave and my rings need to be on or I feel NAKED

I know their is a lot of us that may work from home or are Stay at home parents but we all have are Pet Peeves about us !!

So lets share something else about are selves !!

47 replies
debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 20 Oct 2005 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 48

Well, in my family, before anyone leaves for school, work, or shopping (that's me!), we always tell everyone that we love them. It's something my husband instilled in the family from the very beginning.

mvigil Posted 20 Oct 2005 , 9:52pm
post #3 of 48

Yes you are right LOVE and BLESSINGS very important !! icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 20 Oct 2005 , 9:53pm
post #4 of 48

for me its brushing teeth i would raher my kids miss the bus than not get their teeth brushed. oh and i must must get on cake central before doing any household chores or work outs!!!!!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 20 Oct 2005 , 10:12pm
post #5 of 48

well M-F, I am up at 515 am, make coffee, husbands lunch, wake boys, get breakfast for them, get them off to school, Sat-Sun up at 6 make coffee, watch tv, wait until everyone is up, make breakfast. So I have a very very boring life icon_lol.gif so boring with so much time on my hands I schedule some kind of housework. Mon Wed Fri sweep, mop vacuum and and dust. Then M W F SU I do laundry, Tuesday I clean my oven and refridgerator. Thursdays I bathe our dogs. Thats about it.....

s_raines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
s_raines Posted 20 Oct 2005 , 11:09pm
post #6 of 48

I have to make sure everything is unpluged(toaster,hair dryer etc..)and then feed fish, turn off TVs and out the door with two little ones!

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 20 Oct 2005 , 11:14pm
post #7 of 48

Turn off the coffee pot
Medicate and feed the cats and dogs
Empty Litter box
Turn off the coffee pot
Put on the watch and rings
grab my lunch
Did I turn that coffee pot off???

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 20 Oct 2005 , 11:16pm
post #8 of 48

Darn I left my coffee cup sitting on the counter!!!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 1:29am
post #9 of 48

I am fortunate (?) not to be heading out every day, but early each morning I do feed my fish, and I absolutely have to work the jigsaw puzzle on Myway.com (that's my homepage and email), then I check email at Yahoo and do the click for free food on the animalrescuesite.com, delete all the spam I get there. Grrrr

THen I am free to come to CC, and see what's going on here! Talk about a boring life! Janice

mvigil Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 2:30am
post #10 of 48

cindy6250 my husband always forgets his coffee on the counter and is always wondering were his keys are and lets not forget the cell phone icon_confused.gif I try to tell him to put his stuff were he could find it but does he listen of course not icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

flavurfun if you think things are boring then I am in the same boat icon_redface.gif
I was reading your post and said to my self she has the same routine as me I get up around the same time and have the same days on cleaning.
But the ONE thing I hate to do out of everything is folding SOCKS I will leave that until I cant look at it no more icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

susanmm23 you reminded me of the teeth thing I brush when I get up and again before I walk out the door ! icon_lol.gif

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 4:26am
post #11 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by debsuewoo

Well, in my family, before anyone leaves for school, work, or shopping (that's me!), we always tell everyone that we love them. It's something my husband instilled in the family from the very beginning.

I am with you on that one, even on the phone. For me, just in case something bad happens, I always want to be able to remember that my last words were, "I love you".
Hugs Squirrelly

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 4:42am
post #12 of 48

Ya'll don't want to know what all I have to do before I walk out the door at any given time!! The list of a obsessive compulsive person is way too long!!!!! icon_smile.gif

SquirrellyCakes Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 4:55am
post #13 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

Ya'll don't want to know what all I have to do before I walk out the door at any given time!! The list of a obsessive compulsive person is way too long!!!!! icon_smile.gif

That is because everything gets done several times, right, haha! Teasing kiddo.
Do you ever have a day where you check that you turned off the coffee pot, three times? Some days there is just an unsettling fear, isn't there?
Hugs SQuirrelly

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 5:07am
post #14 of 48

Squirrelly... icon_razz.gif ha, ha, ha!! I stuck my tongue out at you! icon_lol.gif Just picking too!! I have to unplug everything OR it will drive me crazy all day trying to figure out if I've turned things off or not. icon_mad.gif

SquirrellyCakes Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 5:14am
post #15 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

Squirrelly... icon_razz.gif ha, ha, ha!! I stuck my tongue out at you! icon_lol.gif Just picking too!! I have to unplug everything OR it will drive me crazy all day trying to figure out if I've turned things off or not. icon_mad.gif

Haha, I had a wonderful neighbour who gave me a key to her house so that when she had one of those days, I could go check if she did indeed unplug the curling iron or turn off the coffee and such. Haha, it used to feel like I was breaking into her house.
Hugs Squirrelly who could sense you sticking out your tongue at me, haha!

Egotrip77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Egotrip77 Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 10:15am
post #16 of 48

Well its pretty easy for me, when I'm at work I stay in a Barraks room (its like a hotel room) Their is nothing for me to check or unplug. And when I'm home the only thing I have to do before I leave the house is go back to sleep for another hour. icon_biggrin.gif

cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 10:43am
post #17 of 48

I am not much of a morning person so I have to make coffee right away! I just pray everyone gets to where they need every morning with something in there tummies and happy!! Ha! Oh yeah and I make sure the kittys are fed!
icon_smile.gif

Tamanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tamanna Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 11:02am
post #18 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigil

Yes you are right LOVE and BLESSINGS very important !! icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Its very important in my family that I make the sign of the cross and say "take care" on my childrens and hubbys forehead before they walk out of the house or then before i walk out of the house. It assures me that they will be safe. This ritual has been handed over to me by my mother who always did this before we walked out of the house, she still does it when I visit her.
Tamanna

barbara-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbara-ann Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 12:09pm
post #19 of 48

Oh my I wish my day was that calm in the morning. Getting up at 4:15 and leaving by 5:20 is very hectic. I make sure my kids are up at 5:00 and we chat for a couple of minutes while I throw something together for lunch, and while I doctor up my coffee hubby made for me. Hubby is usually waiting in the car(we carpool) for me(wanting to honk the horn to get me to hurry but to early in the am for that). So I usually have to drink my coffee on the way to work.
Then it's kisses and hugs to my kids then we are off to work for 10 hours. I feel so rushed in the am that I feel I have to kinda relax at work for a bit when I get there.
(Oh well all that overtime means more cake stuff!)
I really look forward to the weekend when I can sleep in till 6-6:30, get up make coffee and sit outside, and read some cake decorating books. Just me and the dog.

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 12:39pm
post #20 of 48

First thing in the morning, I am heading to the refrigerator for my Diet Coke! Before I head out the door MWF to take DD to preschool, I walk through to make sure lights are off, doors are locked, check to make sure the garbage is inaccessible to the dog, and check that I haven't closed the dog in my bedroom. Get the kids buckled in to their carseats, run back in for my Diet Coke, and off I go!

How's that for BORING?! icon_razz.gif

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 12:41pm
post #21 of 48

First thing: BREAKFAST!!! I am one of those that cannot go anywhere without something in my stomach!!! icon_lol.gif And God forbid I foget to drink coffee!!! Gotta have that!

Then I am all set.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 12:49pm
post #22 of 48

Always say "I Love You" and kiss DH before leaving. Then go back and check that dogs are in the livingroom and I haven't left them outside or closed in the bathroom or closet.

Oh and I can never remember if I have closed the garage door, so I usually make the block to make sure. Talk about OCD!!!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 12:56pm
post #23 of 48

Okay...let's see!!

We get up at 7am...all of us...hubby and the kids.He heads off to work and the kids watch cartoons until 8am then we go upstairs and get ready for Preschool for son on MWF.Before we leave I turn the TV off,make sure the coffee maker is off and head out!! I bang around on the computer for about an hour before we leave.Check emails,CC oh yeah....we always say I love at least 10 times a day and everytime hubby and I hang up on the phone!!

Pretty Boring!!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 1:00pm
post #24 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigil

But the ONE thing I hate to do out of everything is folding SOCKS I will leave that until I cant look at it no more icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

icon_eek.gif I hate those socks too icon_mad.gif ...... they wait in the basket until everyone digs out their own ! icon_wink.gif

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 1:08pm
post #25 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrellyCakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsuewoo

I am with you on that one, even on the phone. For me, just in case something bad happens, I always want to be able to remember that my last words were, "I love you".
Hugs Squirrelly

for me..everytime I finish a conversation with one of my older relatives, I always ask for a blessing.

Just an old Latin custom

with the younger ones...it's always an "I LOVE YOU HONEY" before we get off the phones.

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 1:09pm
post #26 of 48

The very last thing I have to do before I walk out the door is check use the restroom. No matter if it makes me late or not. I relly think I need a therapist, because it's almost an obsession. "Hey Gina, let's go shopping!" "Okay, let me use the restroom"

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 1:20pm
post #27 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaJuarez

The very last thing I have to do before I walk out the door is check use the restroom. No matter if it makes me late or not. I relly think I need a therapist, because it's almost an obsession. "Hey Gina, let's go shopping!" "Okay, let me use the restroom"

oh yeah ..that too...

that's from childhood though...mom always made us go before we went..lol

so now...no matter if it's empty..that ole bladder just has to say goodbye to her porcelain friend before she acompanies me out the door..lol

ashianadotkom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashianadotkom Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 2:15pm
post #28 of 48

My important thing is that we have to take a shower before we leave the house..always!! even if we're going to the gym first hing in the morning
It wakws me up gives me energy.
Even my 3 year old if give a bath too and brush his teeth

Have to check the gas/stove to make sure its off(habit i learned from my mom)

Turn my house alarm on

And i always make sure i have a bottle of water with me

AShiana

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 2:50pm
post #29 of 48

I have to make sure everyone knows I love them too, because you never know what could happen. I remind my kids to "be good, I love you" and I have to kiss each of them on the forehead before Daddy takes the next watch, and of course, Daddy get a little sugar too. I also have to have fresh breath, or I'll feel like I have "death breath" for the rest of the day. EW! Also, I too, pee before I go. I think, what if I got into an accident and left needing to go thinking I would just use the bathroom when I got there. Not a pretty scenario. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Looks like I may have some issues myself!

mvigil Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 4:28pm
post #30 of 48

Thanks everyone for sharing this is great!!

Flayvurfun -I buy my boyz Hanes sock and one get the socks with the blue line behind it and the other gets them with the green line behind it just so it could be easier for ME and for hubby I dont even fold (yes I'm bad) he buys so many different kinds that I will be their forever trying to pair them right !!

gina juarez I thinks its better to use it at your own home !!
My boyz have a BAD habit of wanting to use it at the stores even if we just left a few minutes before hand !!

Barbara-ann morning are VERY hectic I don't know how many times I have to say put your shoes on wares your jacket !!
Yes I'm the broken record in MY home!!

ashianaclothom I have to shower every day also it would save allot of time to do it at night but I have unruly hair that wont behave if not washed before style (Naturally Curly)

momandraven My mother is the same way with her COKES she has to have it when getting up !! I usto tell her when I was little So I can have one this early to right!!
She also will not get up until she reads her True Story every day routine !!

THANKS For sharing everyone !!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%