So Quiet Over Here...

Baking By -K8memphis Updated 9 minutes ago by -K8memphis

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 3 days ago
post #61 of 84

I can go ahead and photoshop it for you... then you can have nice dream tonight...Let me know!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 days ago
post #62 of 84

hahahahaha blush 'll get back to you

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 days ago
post #63 of 84

Sorry K8 I didn’t see that until now! But that’s not what I was wondering about. I asked on Facebook & out of about 20 just 1 knew & another questioned . I’ve mentioned these cakes are for a group that provides cakes to underprivileged kids. I understand most have never had a cake before in their life— sooo it is stressed in our direction to BE SURE to put a certain message on ea cake or if cupcakes on ea cuppie. On this one I was sooo focused on getting the theme I completely forgot “Happy Birthday “ :(

kakeladi Posted 3 days ago
post #64 of 84

Sorry K8 I didn’t see that until now! But that’s not what I was asking about. I asked on Facebook & out of about 20 just 1 knew & another questioned . I’ve mentioned these cakes are for a group that provides cakes to underprivileged kids. I understand most have never had a cake before in their life— sooo it is stressed in our direction to BE SURE to put a certain message on ea cake or if cupcakes on ea cuppie. On this one I was sooo focused on getting the theme I completely forgot “Happy Birthday “ :(

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 3 days ago
post #65 of 84

Don't beat yourself up, Lynne.  I am sure the child was so thrilled with the cake, he didn't even notice, as we didn't.  It is a really killer cake!

-K8memphis Posted 2 days ago
post #66 of 84

oh, don't mind me -- 

you made such a sweet 'guy' cake, bullets and dog tags, camo, grenade -- wow! he's going to flip out! its certainly got his name loud & proud -- well and sweetly done  lynnie

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 2 days ago
post #67 of 84

Oh Lynne - Ruben knows it's his birthday I wouldn't sweat it a bit! Plus adding that would've been at the expense of making all the other words smaller

I'd say you did it on purpose!

kakeladi Posted 2 days ago
post #68 of 84

Thanks all:)   I’m concerned about the organization’s feelings.  Probably will never know how Ruben reacted 

on another subject:

K8 could you send me a pkg of GF Hawaii rolls?   Went to Whole Foods but alas no got—said never carried them:(   Also checked Trader Joes which is similar type store none there either:( 

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 2 days ago
post #69 of 84

I love the cake and I am sure he will be happy with it.

As for Thanksgiving I am hosting as always. I will set up tables outside and not all the family will be showing up. I usually serve around 30 or more and this year it will be under 20. Most of us have seen each other off and on. We will be washing hands and I have plenty of hand sanitizer and extra mask. No one will come if they have a fever or symptoms. 

There will be turkey, cornbread dressing, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, mash potatoes, etc.

I am making pumpkin pie, pecans, apple, cherry, and peach. 

I wish y’all all a Happy Thanksgiving. May next year be better.

post #70 of 84

lynne, they are sold out now -- these were made in nc, so they might not ship across the mississippi -- but canyon bakehouse brand has gf hawaiin bread out your way and on amazon -- you can locate a store here: https://canyonglutenfree.com/find-store/

kakeladi Posted 2 days ago
post #71 of 84

Thanks — I got a small pkg of the regular ones & am sooo disappointed they are not fresh:(   Still the flavor is there just dry/hard .   Need 2x the butter to make then go down:)  when I was working we demoed ckn mixed in Kinders BB cause on them so I’ll just soak mor BBQ sauce for the couple left.  

post #72 of 84

marion64 -- wow five different pies!!! mmm I want some app!e, peach & cherry for sure -- my daughter is getting a sugar free vegan pumpkin pie  --

and I'm toying with the idea of making a chocolate cheesecake out of my lemon cheesecake recipe -- sub in vanilla flavor for the lemon -- add a little more fat and some cocoa -- can't decide if I should chocolatize the  crust -- we'll see...but I'm totally down for the apple, peach and cherry!!!!! 

but all I'm responsible for is the turkey -- might keep it that way!

I make a chapple pie which is an apple pie sweetened with cherries -- my crazy brother thought of the name -- 

your celebration sounds lovely -- all the sides, perfection -- warmest wishes for a great Thanksgiving! nice to see you blush

-K8memphis Posted 1 day ago
post #73 of 84

lynne, yeah they may be gluten free but they are a splurge/cheat for the holiday nonetheless with all the sugar and eggs --

SandraSmiley Posted 1 day ago
post #74 of 84

Sweet potato souffle, sausage balls, pecan pie, and Hummingbird cake already in the freezer, mini Quiche Lorraine in the oven, sausage and cornbread cooked for the dressing.......I'm getting there!

post #75 of 84

oh gosh quiche!! mmmm 

SandraSmiley Posted 1 day ago
post #76 of 84

I had enough left over from the 24 minis to make a small quiche for Mike and my dinner.  Yum, yum!

post #77 of 84

I was tempted to buy a quiche at whole paycheck, er I mean whole foods but naw I resisted muscle

theresaf Posted 1 day ago
post #78 of 84

Ohh I never had hummingbird cake ! Tell me more please!

SandraSmiley Posted 16 hours ago
post #79 of 84

Hummingbird Cake is Southern Living's most requested recipe.  It is a light, spicy cake made with bananas, pineapple and pecans, topped with cream cheese frosting.  I've never met anyone who did not like it.  Here's the recipe and brief history:

https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/hummingbird-cake-recipe

SandraSmiley Posted 16 hours ago
post #80 of 84

theresaf, the Hummingbird Cake is so famous, world wide, that I've even seen them bake it on The Great British Bake Off, even though the British usually hate southern USA desserts.

theresaf Posted 15 hours ago
post #81 of 84

Thanks Sandra!

I will definitely look!  

Haha - even the great british bake off!  As much as I love that show the things they make are often hilariously un-appealing and once a contestant said he never ate a pretzel!  And apparently the idea of using an ice cream scoop for consistent sizes has not crossed "the pond"!.  But I have seen them make things they call American, maybe I missed the hummingbird cake episode...   I do love the comraderie of the bakers, the goofy side-comedians and the judges - so much more than many US competitions

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 12 hours ago
post #82 of 84

I do not have cable... but that British thing sound interesting! Well, I guess I have my own personal show running here all day long... and you can bet this one is not precisely about baking most days...! Have fun and be safe ladies! 

SandraSmiley Posted 10 hours ago
post #83 of 84

ReginaCoeliB, I watch the Great British Baking Show (it is called Bake Off in the UK, but Baking Show here) on Netflix.  It is so different from the US reality shows.  It appears to be completely unscripted and honest.  The contestants are also kind to each other and not nasty.  A lot of their bakes are like yours, fancy French stuff!  You would love it.

-K8memphis Posted 9 minutes ago
post #84 of 84

reginacb -- it is also on PBS 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%