Got Some Devistating News

Decorating By mpitrelli Updated 5 Oct 2005 , 5:13pm by alracntna

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 4:05am
post #61 of 94

I am so sorry to hear about your illness. I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
traci

meandmine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meandmine Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 4:30am
post #62 of 94

hope that knowing that people are praying for you helps to comfort you during this time. my pray for is that by his stripes we are healed

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 5:05am
post #63 of 94

You are in our thoughts and our prayers. My daughter fought Leukemia and has beaten it so I have faith that you will be able to get this in time and be back here to share your survival story thumbs_up.gif

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 5:12am
post #64 of 94

"mpitrelli" I will most surely call out your name to the Lord during prayer at all church services.

Royanne

tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 5:35am
post #65 of 94

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Best of everything to you!

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 5:54am
post #66 of 94

icon_eek.gif From my family to you and yours, may the lord bless you and we will light a candle and say a extra prayer for you......good luck!!!

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 6:30am
post #67 of 94

I pray for a speedy recovery for you. Take care of yourself!

boween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boween Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 10:45am
post #68 of 94

Iam sorry to hear this news, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 1:59pm
post #69 of 94

I'll add my prayers and wishes for a rapid and complete recovery for you! News like this pretty much make extremely small stuff of our falling cakes and failing MMF...something to think about! Janice

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 4:50pm
post #70 of 94

May god bless you, You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Rose

mpitrelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpitrelli Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 5:33pm
post #71 of 94

to everyone here thank you. It brings me such joy to know that there are pleople like you in this world. we only know each other from this website but it like one big family. I go next week to have the tests I need for the surgury. The doctor is giving us hope by saying that I have a 70% chance of survival after 5 years. He says that my age and physical condition will help with the recover. It was caught early enough that it is giving me a very good chance. I told my DH that we should buy a laptop for me to use while I'm in the hospital so I would have something to do all day lol. He said no but is going to take me to the library to check out some books to read and see if I can learn somthing new while I'm resting. again thank you all

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 6:13pm
post #72 of 94

So sorry. I will pray for you.

alengirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alengirl Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 6:25pm
post #73 of 94

Never Fear, God is always near!
Always think to yourself, "I am already healthy, the light of God surrounds me and every cell in my body is renewed."
There was a similar phrase earlier this year in my "Daily Word" monthly booklet, it helped me stay faithful, positive, & focused before and after a surgery I had in Feburary.

The power of prayer and faith can do things that leave doctors baffled many times.

Hang in there, you're already on your way to recovery icon_smile.gif
God bless!

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 1 Oct 2005 , 3:09am
post #74 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpitrelli

to everyone here thank you. It brings me such joy to know that there are pleople like you in this world. we only know each other from this website but it like one big family. I go next week to have the tests I need for the surgury. The doctor is giving us hope by saying that I have a 70% chance of survival after 5 years. He says that my age and physical condition will help with the recover. It was caught early enough that it is giving me a very good chance. I told my DH that we should buy a laptop for me to use while I'm in the hospital so I would have something to do all day lol. He said no but is going to take me to the library to check out some books to read and see if I can learn somthing new while I'm resting. again thank you all

Just saw this, may I add my good thoughts and wishes and prayers for you to make a complete and speedy recovery!
The doctor's prognosis is indeed excellent!
God Bless you Dear and thank you for sharing this with us. We want you to know that we are here in good times and in bad. We will continue to say the lovely prayers that were posted here for you!
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 1 Oct 2005 , 3:59am
post #75 of 94

I, too, just saw this thread! You are definitely in my prayers, along with your family and doctors. I will pray that your doctors will be wise, skilled, and thorough. I will pray that your family be optimistic and strong for you, and that when they don't feel strong, that they will find new strength in God. And for you, I will pray for health, wise decisions, faith and comfort!

Take care of yourself, and know that you are in an awful lot of prayers!! icon_smile.gif

Happy Baking,
Beth

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 1 Oct 2005 , 4:11am
post #76 of 94

I will be remembering you in prayer as well. Take care of yourself and let others pamper you in your recovery.
God Bless

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 1 Oct 2005 , 9:48pm
post #77 of 94

You will be in my thoughts and prayer also.

~luraleigh~

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 1 Oct 2005 , 9:48pm
post #78 of 94

You will be in my thoughts and prayer also.

~luraleigh~

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 2 Oct 2005 , 2:10am
post #79 of 94

Well, if your husband will not let you have a laptop then tell him he is going to have to logon and let us know how your surgery goes. Then he will have to get on every day and give you a report of what is happening here at CakeCentral!!

God's blessings.

Cindy

Ambrosia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ambrosia Posted 2 Oct 2005 , 1:24pm
post #80 of 94

where are you going to have the surgery?

I didn't want to assume it before, but when you elaborated more, it sounds like it's cancer? My boyfriend Robin was just diagnosed with Stomach Cancer and had his stomach removed. They said the same thing, his health and his age are what helped him in the surgery. He's meeting an Oncologist tomorrow to get more info. We go to Moffitt, they are GREAT.

Let me know if you need anything!

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 2 Oct 2005 , 1:31pm
post #81 of 94

Ditto with what everyone else has already said! My father is going through the same thing. When I pray for him, I"ll pray for you as well. There is strength in numbers!

((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 4:28am
post #82 of 94

Mpitrelli and others that may be going through similar issues.
I'd like to share this with you. Several months ago, my father was diagnosed with cancer and it was inoperable. He called me and told me about it. He cried. I have never saw my father cry, as I always thought that he was the one thing that remained steady and solid, never hurt, never wavered in anything. I heard the word cancer and I felt a hollow pit in my stomach. I heard him cry and I lost it. We hung up, neither one of us able to talk about it.
I finally got my act together and spoke with him the next day. We sat down together and spoke openly about it. It's a terrible word.. cancer, almost seems like a death sentence just to say the word itself. We both decided that we would not be beaten before the battle started. We would not be defeated by a simple word. We realized people resign themselves to dying when they hear the word. They die right on time when the doctor gives them the time frame. He promised me that he would not be one of those people. People get cancer everyday. People die. But...people survive cancer everday.
He acknowledged to me "I may die from this and I may not, but I'll be damned if I'll die on anyones schedule. I can beat this."
Radiation treatments, everyday, for 3 months. It is hard on the body, physically and mentally. Everyday, he would go in for treatments and remind the nurses and physicians to smile. He would tell them how much of a difference that a smile would make to him and others being treated there also. A smile to him meant hope. He did not want the lack of someones smile to dampen his mood or anyone elses.
The physical changes were noticable. Beside his bed, we talked. We learned things about each other we never knew. Amazing..after so many years of being so close, there was still much to be learned. Though he was very sick, he never lost the spark in his eyes, the desire to beat back the sickness that invaded his body.
3 months have passed. I answered my phone yesterday. My fathers voice was on the line. He told me that he had beaten it. The doctor had just told him that his cancer was gone. He has beaten it. The point of this is...People survive it everyday. Be one of those people. Go into this with your head on straight. It wont be easy, for you or your family. Meet it face to face. You may just surprise yourself and everyone else.
Dale

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 5:38am
post #83 of 94

I am so sorry, I hope it's nothing bad

Ambrosia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ambrosia Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 10:24am
post #84 of 94

Dale,

Thank you SO much for that encouraging post. I'm sure it will help Mpitrelli very much, as it will help me with my boyfriend's cancer. He goes in today to get the 'prognosis' - they will be explaining the pathology report from his surgery and what's next in the fight. It really helped reading this before hand. THANKS!

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 11:58am
post #85 of 94

Go in with a positive attitude and keep it up as best as you can. I am glad that you can find encouragement in my posting. Keep your chin up and let us know how things are going.
Dale

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 12:56pm
post #86 of 94

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Ambrosia, my prayers go out to your BF and yourself as well.

Cady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cady Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 6:05pm
post #87 of 94

God Bless and be strong!!!!

littlebubbieschocolates Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlebubbieschocolates Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 2:49am
post #88 of 94

dont know you but ur in my prayers. get well soon so you can come back to cc icon_smile.gif

vicky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicky Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 2:56am
post #89 of 94

Good luck to you and you are in our prayers. Use your energy to beat this and keep good thoughts. Will look forward to hearing from you with great news. God Bless.
Vicky, MO

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 11:51am
post #90 of 94

May you have a speedy recovery!
Having lost one good family friend to cancer.....I just want to say this- never ever ever give up- the minute you decide to give in- it's over....that's why I lost my friend she was getting old and tired and did not want to do what was helping her, she had been fighting it soo long, and eventually she died....but don't you ever give up!!!!!
Try looking into the macrobiotic diet, it's a good diet to be on if you are a cancer patient...my friend had been on it and it was working wonders by keeping the cancer at bay for a little while and keeping her healthy...but icon_cry.gif
We are all here for you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%