Lounge By kaylawaylalayla Updated 4 Sep 2013 , 2:11am by smittyditty

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 1:06pm
post #211 of 261

"If days I'm smart & don't mess with me!" Darn auto-correct! lol

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 5:41am
post #212 of 261

AOk - No old jokes - I can still kick butt - LOL Me at the end of my wedding reception 8 years ago. You can tell I had a great time!

[IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3074379/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 5:46am
post #213 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinslow 

Ok - No old jokes - I can still kick butt - LOL Me at the end of my wedding reception 8 years ago. You can tell I had a great time!

Please, you're not old, you look hot! I love your hair! I'm going to stop dying mine once it turns grey. You have great teeth, too ;-) My smile makes me look old. 

just4fun26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just4fun26 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 5:49am
post #214 of 261

AI'm in the white jumpsuit... I'm also a skydiver. [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3074382/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

JWinslow Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 5:53am
post #215 of 261

APlease, you're not old, you look hot! I love your hair! I'm going to stop dying mine once it turns grey. You have great teeth, too ;-) My smile makes me look old.  [/quote]

Thanks Anna, I was never disciplined enough to color my hair. I had very dark long brown hair when I was younger but cut it after it was mostly grey, My older sister still gives me a hard time about not coloring it :)

JWinslow Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 5:55am
post #216 of 261

A[quote name="just4fun26" url="/t/761089/so-what-does-everybody-look-like/210#post_7427832"]I'm in the white jumpsuit... I'm also a skydiver. [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3074382/width/200/height/400[/IMG][/quote]

Wow! Always wanted to skydive but......

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 8:31am
post #217 of 261

Awow, you could never get me to jump out of a plane. You might be able to drag me out kicking and screaming but not before you unbolted the chair that I was attached to.

BatterUpCake Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 9:31am
post #218 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

I'm going to stop dying mine once it turns grey.

I don't even know what my natural hair color is. It was blonde about 20 years ago when I started dying it but I don't think it is anymore. There's no grey when my roots come in yet though....

Annabakescakes Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 10:04am
post #219 of 261

A

Original message sent by cazza1

wow, you could never get me to jump out of a plane. You might be able to drag me out kicking and screaming but not before you unbolted the chair that I was attached to.

I was cracking up, full belly laughs when I read this :-) I needed that. I feel the exact same way. Someone would have to pull my cord, then resuscitate once I hit the ground, too.

Annabakescakes Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 10:06am
post #220 of 261

AI'm sorry, but I don't understand that. What does "natural haircolor" mean? I'm totally unfamiliar with that term.

Original message sent by BatterUpCake

[QUOTE name="Annabakescakes" url="/t/761089/so-what-does-everybody-look-like/210#post_7427830"] I'm going to stop dying mine once it turns grey. [/QUOTE] I don't even know what my natural hair color is. It was blonde about 20 years ago when I started dying it but I don't think it is anymore. There's no grey when my roots come in yet though....

Annabakescakes Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 10:09am
post #221 of 261

AI do have a few greys, but not enough to look cool. They are mixed in with dyed hair, so I am hoping that means I have "resistant" greys, and I can continue to dye, and have grey at the same time. :-)

BatterUpCake Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 10:10am
post #222 of 261

icon_biggrin.gif

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 12:03pm
post #223 of 261

AI am a natural blonde. Two days after our wedding I had my hair cut reasonably short, permed (the big thing in those days) and dyed "strawberry blonde". The guy assured me that if I didn't like it it would wash out in 6 weeks. Well, I went luminescent orange. 3 months later it was the color it was supposed to be for all of 2 days. Hubby made me promise that I would never dye it again.

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 12:54pm
post #224 of 261

OK, I have been following this thread from the first page and really enjoying seeing you all. When I read that the photos appear on the home page I got cold feet. Now that I am over that, I'll plunge ahead. I've not allowed any pictures taken for the last 30 yrs or so since I had gained so much weight so really have none to share. (Your  story in another thread, Anna, has changed my approach to photos. Thank you.) This photo was taken by the client after I had spent the night finishing this cake so no makeup. I wouldn't even have this, were it not for his insistence.

I didn't realize that photo would be this small. (Oh, what a shame---tee hee). It was taken with his phone so that is all I have.

Jan

just4fun26 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 5:22pm
post #225 of 261

AI live for skydiving... Currently out of commission with a broken ankle, compound fracture which occurred while walking!

smittyditty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smittyditty Posted 17 Aug 2013 , 7:50pm
post #226 of 261

Jan its nice to see a face, especially after talking with you!

Ok I was waiting for family pics to be done. Here is mine.

I am also not a true blonde. I'm more dark brown/black. I have LOTS of white! I am way more than peppered. I get them in my eyebrows too! ACK but what are ya gonna do. I figure by the time I'm 40 I'll be solid.

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 18 Aug 2013 , 1:02am
post #227 of 261

ABeautiful family!

Annabakescakes Posted 18 Aug 2013 , 1:07am
post #228 of 261

A

Original message sent by milkmaid42

OK, I have been following this thread from the first page and really enjoying seeing you all. When I read that the photos appear on the home page I got cold feet. Now that I am over that, I'll plunge ahead. I've not allowed any pictures taken for the last 30 yrs or so since I had gained so much weight so really have none to share. (Your  story in another thread, Anna, has changed my approach to photos. Thank you.) This photo was taken by the client after I had spent the night finishing this cake so no makeup. I wouldn't even have this, were it not for his insistence.

[URL=http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3074509/] [/URL] I didn't realize that photo would be this small. (Oh, what a shame---tee hee). It was taken with his phone so that is all I have.

Jan

I am still going to picture you and a babe with a tray of milk! I thought that as you in the picture ;-) no kidding!

milkmaid42 Posted 18 Aug 2013 , 2:56am
post #229 of 261

Oh my gosh. I wish I could put all the photos on one page with the corresponding names I have gotten to know and love. I tried to go back and see some of them before I posted this letter to refresh who was who but when I came back to this page, I found I had lost what I'd already typed. This is as much fun as it is when I've read a book and formed all the images in my mind and then go and see the movie. I realize how I have no idea what you all really look like but it surely is fun to find out. Like Smittyditty (goodness, how I love to say that name!) says it's fun to attach a face to a name. I love your family picture, Smitty. It is good to see you and your husband holding hands. And Anna, your family is lovely. Four wonderful children. I, too had 4 children, boys, all in 5 years and I raised them all as a single mother.(Hence the milkcow and small farm.) My avatar shows me with a tray of homemade cheeses which I used to sell. And like you, I sewed up a storm for whomever could pay. Our stories are similar but I never remarried.

All of you are beautiful people and I'm sure each of you has an interesting biography. Such fun this thread is. (A little Yoda here, perhaps?) 

And yes, I was vaccinated with a phonograph needle, as my ex-husband used to say. I tend to talk too much and don't self-edit very well.

Looking forward to more photos and stories...

Jan

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 18 Aug 2013 , 11:24am
post #230 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmaid42 

Oh my gosh. I wish I could put all the photos on one page with the corresponding names I have gotten to know and love... All of you are beautiful people and I'm sure each of you has an interesting biography. Jan

Greetings Jan, Mimi here. I don't think we've been introduced. Will you be my friend?

milkmaid42 Posted 18 Aug 2013 , 12:33pm
post #231 of 261

^ Just waiting here.

Jan

PS, I'd be delighted. I've always appreciated your posts.

smittyditty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smittyditty Posted 18 Aug 2013 , 11:23pm
post #232 of 261

Thanks Jan and kaylawaylalayla!  I don't know if anyone else noticed but a lot of the ladies look like they could be sisters!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 12:09am
post #233 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmaid42 

I'd be delighted.

!!   icon_smile.gif   !!

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 12:32am
post #234 of 261

OK, it took me forever to find a picture of just me, I didn't want to stick someone else's face on the internet without permission, lol.

Few years ago at ascot, sadly, I don't usually go around in fancy veiled hats.

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/2813/808f.jpg

Annabakescakes Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 12:56am
post #235 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumdiddlycakes 

OK, it took me forever to find a picture of just me, I didn't want to stick someone else's face on the internet without permission, lol.

Serious? How do go around without make-up? I have been wearing make-up since I was 11! Your skin is AMAZING! I am so jealous, all that natural beauty... 

milkmaid42 Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 1:27am
post #236 of 261

Ooooh, me too. Your complexion is peaches and cream flawless. And why "sadly"? Do you miss England or racing? I think the hat is so cool! I'd like to go to the races. Being born in Kentucky--- Louisville--- I should be able to claim some familiarity with horse racing. But alas, I was but an infant when my folks took me to the Derby and shortly thereafter they moved to California. The only horse racing I've done was on my quarter horse with friends. And no cool hat.

Jan

just4fun26 Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 3:10am
post #237 of 261
Quote:

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

JWinslow Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 4:43am
post #238 of 261
Quote:

Such natural beauty!  No makeup, beautiful complexion (like Jan said, peaches & cream) and I like you in that hat.  :)

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 4:44am
post #239 of 261

and you look very youthful!

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 12:26pm
post #240 of 261

A

Original message sent by scrumdiddlycakes

I don't usually go around in fancy veiled hats.

[URL=http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/2813/808f.jpg]http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/2813/808f.jpg[/URL]

Ha ha now you will...forever in my mind.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%