So What Does Everybody Look Like?

Lounge By kaylawaylalayla Updated 4 Sep 2013 , 2:11am by smittyditty

justdesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justdesserts Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 3:27am
post #61 of 261
Quote:

So adorable!  I looked like a skinny teenager for the longest time too.  When I was 22 I started teaching junior high, and I would get stopped in the hallway and asked for my hall pass.  I would say "I'm a teacher."  and then I would hear  "No you're not...I'm calling your parents, go to the headmaster's office."  I would laugh SO hard and then I would have my students assure people I truly was their teacher indeed.  I also said feel free to call my parents, they would love to meet you.

Now you can tell I'm 43..LOL  I guess I hadn't had enough hard knocks yet to make me look older.

Just a couple of weeks ago, a customer at the farmer's market I sell at was astounded that I had made the table full of sweets. She asked several times in disbelief if I had made it ALL MYSELF?! She asked how old I was, and when I said 26 she nearly fell over in shock. Ha. She said I looked like I was 13. icon_lol.gif I'm sure I'll be glad of it one day, but right now it can be rather annoying when people act like I'm a child.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 3:30am
post #62 of 261

Left to right: My niece, Theresa; my sister, Carolyn; and me in our Japanese Fireman's coats a few years ago.

keepingitreal21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keepingitreal21 Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 4:15am
post #63 of 261

A

Wow! No wonder you were hiding behind that cake in your avatar, you'd steal the shot. You' re quite dazzling!

LOL! I've always LOVED this pic! You're very pretty and the hat is befitting of a CakeStar!

Original message sent by DeliciousDesserts

I don't know why part of that got cut. Elcee, you totally look like we'd be besties! Grab your martini glass & get over here!

I'm on the way!

Original message sent by shanter

Are you kidding? Your eyes are mezmerizing!

Ditto!

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 4:41am
post #64 of 261

AYaay, now everyone feels all warm and fuzzy and beautiful.

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 10:16am
post #65 of 261

de_montsoreau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
de_montsoreau Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 10:23am
post #66 of 261

This is me ready to attend an award ceremony (no, it wasn't me getting the award ;-)

Tails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tails Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 10:38am
post #67 of 261

This is me :D

http://instagram.com/p/aXfnJFLRli/

Haha ok stop laughing, here is a more normal one :P

http://instagram.com/p/bg9QlFrRhx/

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 10:40am
post #68 of 261

A

Original message sent by shanter

Left to right: My niece, Theresa; my sister, Carolyn; and me in our Japanese Fireman's coats a few years ago.

[URL=http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3056850/] [/URL]

Love those coats!

Louiselovesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Louiselovesbaking Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 11:27am
post #69 of 261

Sorry to be a party pooper everyone but this thread is annoying, it keeps posting pics of every ones faces on to the newest cakes section, if everyone did it it would fill it with thousands of peoples faces, don't mean to sounds rude but I don't come on here to see peoples faces, just want to see cakes. It should be saved for social networking sites.

Louiselovesbaking Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 11:30am
post #70 of 261

PS, I don't mean you all can't have fun sharing pics of each other I just meant its annoying that it keeps coming up on newest cakes. If this can be solved then post away.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 11:37am
post #71 of 261

AEven if it can't, post!

Best Thread Ever!

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 11:40am
post #72 of 261

ASeriously? This is just awesome. We have some really beautiful members. I swear I can see the kindness in so many eyes!

I want to comment on Every picture!! I won't because this thread isn't about what I think of everyone. Some real surprised in every direction! It's almost like a big party.

manddi Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 11:53am
post #73 of 261

A

Original message sent by DeliciousDesserts

Even if it can't, post!

Best Thread Ever!

Why didn't anyone think of this before? Love this thread!

Louiselovesbaking Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 11:56am
post #74 of 261

I am really not a miserable person lol, I know I sound grumpy, but its not for me sorry. I am just interested in cakes and seeing as this is a cake website that's all I want to see. What next people posting pics of their animals or cars?? If it can be removed from newest 'cakes' then that would be great thanks.

manddi Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 11:59am
post #75 of 261

A...I did post my pup. She's in the picture with me on account of she was my ring bearer :)

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 12:38pm
post #76 of 261

I love putting faces to names, it's great to see pictures of everyone...Annabakescakes, look what you started!! 

sixinarow Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 12:39pm
post #77 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdovewings 

"Sixinarow", now I get it! Very nice family and you are just beautiful!

hehe, thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

Lucky6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lucky6 Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 1:54pm
post #78 of 261

A

Original message sent by sixinarow

I love putting faces to names, it's great to see pictures of everyone...Annabakescakes, look what you started!! 

she didn't start this thread and hasn't post her pic

RoyalCreamery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RoyalCreamery Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 1:55pm
post #79 of 261
sixinarow Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 2:07pm
post #80 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky6 

She started this thread:  http://cakecentral.com/t/761001/omg-i-need-to-be-a-little-engrossed-in-cc with her pictures that led to kaylawaylalayla to start THIS thread. icon_smile.gif

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 3:32pm
post #81 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louiselovesbaking 

PS, I don't mean you all can't have fun sharing pics of each other I just meant its annoying that it keeps coming up on newest cakes. If this can be solved then post away.

The first time I posted a non-cake picture in a post, I was horrified to see it in newest cakes. I commented and said I thought it was silly. CC, very tersely, told me they were aware of it. Either they are still figuring out how to fix the problem or they've decided not to change it. There's not much more we can do.

I don't think you have anything to worry about as to pix of other things (cats, cars, houses); I don't think anyone would start that. The pictures of people will eventually stop. Many, many, many CC-ers will not want to post a picture of themselves.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 3:51pm
post #82 of 261

AOh geez, they're showing up on the front page? I don't get on CC on the first page, whoops! I have the newest forum posts bookmarked to open rather than the front page.

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 3:54pm
post #83 of 261

AThat's part of the reason I didn't want to post a picture. Wasn't sure where it would show up. Apparently, everywhere!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 3:58pm
post #84 of 261

If the pictures are posted as a link, they won't show up in the picture feed on the home page. Post away! I love seeing everyone's pictures!

RoyalBakery, your link didn't work, it brought me to the mobile version of my own newsfeed on Facebook.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 4:20pm
post #85 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by manddi 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousDesserts 

Even if it can't, post!

Best Thread Ever!
Why didn't anyone think of this before?
Love this thread!

There was a thread like this about 4 years ago ;-)

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 4:22pm
post #86 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixinarow 

I am sure she means from the thread yesterday, where I posted myself, and then she posted herself. Must be the thread that was referenced in the OP.

edited to add, oops, sixinarow already clarified...

Phamilymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phamilymama Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 5:49pm
post #87 of 261

A

Original message sent by Norasmom

So adorable!  I looked like a skinny teenager for the longest time too.  When I was 22 I started teaching junior high, and I would get stopped in the hallway and asked for my hall pass.  I would say "I'm a teacher."  and then I would hear  "No you're not...I'm calling your parents, go to the headmaster's office."  I would laugh SO hard and then I would have my students assure people I truly was their teacher indeed.  I also said feel free to call my parents, they would love to meet you. Now you can tell I'm 43..LOL  I guess I hadn't had enough hard knocks yet to make me look older. .

Rofl. The same thing happened to me. I had super long hair, usually up in a ponytail, and so did practically every female student. I got stopped for months until I chopped my hair off.

Louiselovesbaking Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 6:22pm
post #88 of 261

Thanks, I really wasn't meaning to sound like a meany pants or grumpy, I am all for people having fun and sharing pics, but I had visions of this thread taking off and thousands of people uploaded face pics and the whole of the newest cakes section being filled with faces! :s haha. Im sure admin will sort it so people can post away without it going on that part. If it was fixed hey I may even join in the fun and post, but not if it goes up there haha. x

manddi Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 6:51pm
post #89 of 261

A

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

There was a thread like this about 4 years ago ;-)

Oh! I joined cc... early last year I think?

123grandmother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
123grandmother Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 10:48am
post #90 of 261

How do I post a picture?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%