Ultimate Cake Off - Sharon Of Sugarshack

Lounge By PoodleDoodle Updated 14 Mar 2010 , 12:53am by JaeRodriguez

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:03am
post #31 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysCC

Girl, you got a mouth on you, sha!!! icon_lol.gif

Yea my daughter mentioned that too. BUT WE KEPT WATCHING!!!!

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:04am
post #32 of 130

I liked Sharons the best too. I like the color and the elegance.

Sherry1030 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry1030 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:04am
post #33 of 130

Sharon - your cake was stunning and absolutely perfect! My daughter wants to know what happens to it after the show!
Great job, hope to see you on more competitions!

suzzana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzzana Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:04am
post #34 of 130

Oh I'm SO disappointed. I thought Sharon's cake was the most elegant. She HAD the best one.She should have won!!

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:04am
post #35 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

Looked like the bride wasn't happy with the vote either.

I think if the Bride had her way it WOULD have been Sharons. My daughter agrees

ChristyZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristyZ Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:05am
post #36 of 130

Sharon, your cake is absolutely stunning. I can not believe you were set out twice!! The draping and the sugar jewels were beautiful! For all of your challenges with the fondant and the dowel, you did an astounding job!!! You should be sooo proud of your cake!

music121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
music121 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:07am
post #37 of 130

Sharon, your cake rocked! My husband and I were rooting for you the whole show. Your cake was beautiful and best represented a wedding cake the best in our eyes. Great job. You should be very proud of yourself and your team. And you will kick a** next time. icon_smile.gif

Cristi-Tutty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cristi-Tutty Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:09am
post #38 of 130

I can't believe that she did not win.. her cake was gorgeous...I did not like the black and white sorry!!!! Sharon your cake was the best one!!! safe like the judge said but beautiful

tmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmcakes Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:10am
post #39 of 130

Sharon cake was by far the most elegant! I thought she was really going to win it!!! Congrats for making it that far even after been sat twice!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:11am
post #40 of 130

Nope sorry, I'm not buying it...(that the Bride was happy in the end) I smell dirt on this one. Time will tell.

debbek152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbek152 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:18am
post #41 of 130

THANK GOODNESS I am not the only one who cusses like a sailor when I am doing a cake!! icon_biggrin.gif Your cake was fantastic, Sharon and I was rooting for you through the whole show! I only hope at some point I am able to decorate half as well as you. Great job. You'll get them next time! thumbs_up.gif

bakermom3107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermom3107 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:20am
post #42 of 130
Quote:

Nope sorry, I'm not buying it...(that the Bride was happy in the end) I smell dirt on this one. Time will tell.

I totally agree! It seemed so dark and black for a romantic wedding!

Sharon- Just wondering... What happens to the 2 non-winning cakes?? Who eats those?? Thanks and we love ya icon_biggrin.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:25am
post #43 of 130
Quote:

I totally agree with you!

DreamMaker2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DreamMaker2 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:25am
post #44 of 130

Congratulations, Sharon, on a magnificent masterpiece. I know it doesn't pay you any money - but you won in our eyes... hands down! My hubby even watched with me and was rooting for you. He said there was no question about who SHOULD have won. I think we all agree.

You're amazing! Great job!

rockytop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockytop Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:26am
post #45 of 130

I cant believe that Sharon lost, I was pulling for her. She did an amazing job and she did it in 8 hours not 9 like the winner.

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:32am
post #46 of 130

Sharon I think your cake should have won. It was the most beautiful and elegant. I thought the trees on the other cake were tacky and not elegant at all. I think pat is very talented too but that was not the best cake on your episode. Much too dark for a wedding cake.

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:36am
post #47 of 130

Sorry, I'm going to have to disagree with most of you here. While I thought SHaron did an awesome job on her cake (especially having to sit for an hour.. I mean, really, look how good hers was missing an hour compared to one of her competitors), I think the correct cake won.

Sharon did, in my opinion, play it "safe." also, her cake had a slowly rotating top, but I didn't notice much else that moved. THey are looking for real "wow" factors on this show, with lots of lights and movement. That's what wins this show, honestly. While they may not say it, I think they really ARE required.

And who said the bride liked the other cake better? When I watched the show, I didn't hear her say that. I think that's putting words in her mouth.

nanatrucker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanatrucker Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:40am
post #48 of 130

I think Sharon should have won too!

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:51am
post #49 of 130

I was thrilled to be watching Sharon tonight! I also felt like her cake was much better than the cake that won. I felt that the winning cake was very distracting, too busy, and didn't showcase that the bride wanted the color PURPLE incorporated. It just looked too dark to me.

Anyways, I hope this doesn't deter Sharon from going back to UCO. I was SO happy to watch her tonight. I LOVE Sharon...potty mouth and all!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

thumbs_up.gif

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:18am
post #50 of 130

Sharon, I loved your cake. It was a beautiful, elegant wedding cake. Your draping and jewels were perfect in my opinion. The other cake only won because the show is looking for a lot of WOW and bling. While the winning cake most certainly had that WOW and bling, I would never want a cake like that for my wedding. It was just so dark.

Congratulations on a beautiful cake!!!

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:31am
post #51 of 130

Sharon you were robbed! I knew you were going to win. I am shocked! (no I don't think I am biased icon_wink.gif

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:54am
post #52 of 130

Sharon, your cake was by far and away the cleanest, most elegant cake! Like everyone else, I thought for sure you would win. But honestly, there are no losers in my opinion. Yes, one person gets the big bucks but man, the experience of it all is priceless!

Loved the jewels and the overall look of the cake was gorgeous!

Teambito rocked!

KimAZ

deli1777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deli1777 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:04am
post #53 of 130

Here's the thing with the bleeps- many of them are in there for shock and drama value. At least 50% of what was bleeped, didn't have to be bleeped- for example "Frick" was bleeped at least twice. Made it LOOK and SOUND like she said a word with a different vowel.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:12am
post #54 of 130

I've noticed words not considered swear words by most people get bleeped on some channels.
At the same time they leave words I would have bleeped.
-
I wonder how much they would bleep me? I swear in foreign languages, and in 'old' English.
-
The episode just came on here.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:25am
post #55 of 130

Sharon, wish you would have won, loved your cake and you know they will invite you back on, I am sure you raised their ratings, the next time around you will knock them off the chart.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:32am
post #56 of 130

hey everyone!

Thanks for all the well wishes and kind words! I was/am very proud of our cake and my incredible team, who did JUST as MUCH work as I did.

It all comes down to personal preference, taste, and interpretation of what you think the bride wants. Both of the other cakes were awesome and amazing, and I am very happy with the outcome.

I just want to say one thing about all the bleeping. While I am NO saint, and I do let some words rip while I am stressed, in my defense I have to say that the bleeping was actually a bit overdone. I was bleeped for words I did not actually say, and bleeped over words that were not actually curse words. Yes, I said a few foul words, but I did NOT say the B word nor the F word, as it appeared. That is really the only thing about the show that gave me pause. And while I am not making excuses for who I am, and I do cuss, there was in reality not as much as appeared on the show. Just wanted to get that out there.

Anyway, it was quite the experience and I was honored to work beside both Pat and Jan, two amazing decorators and wonderful ladies!

pattycakes4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes4 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:36am
post #57 of 130

Hi, this is Pat, winner of "Ultimate Cake Off". Sharon did make a very clean beautiful cake, and I knew she was going to be my fiercest competition, but there are things you just don't know unless you are there! Several of you said that we obviously were not listening to the bride when she said that the wedding colors were purple. That our cake was "too dark". We did listen, but we were NOT ALLOWED to use purple on our cake AT ALL. They didn't want all the cakes looking alike, so we were told not to use purple! This was not by our choice. Also, each judge gets a vote including the bride. There are 4 votes. If there is a tie, the bride chooses. The bride DID choose our cake, we spent a lot of time with her that night at the wedding and she told us that she knew when she saw the crystal trees, and the New York skyline that she was going to pick it. She was having crystal trees as the centerpieces on her tables at the wedding. I value all your opinions, but I think everyone should know that everything is not always as it appears on camera. Thank you all for watching the show, I don't mind that you love Sharon and her cake, it WAS beautiful, but I think we made a beautiful cake too! Congratulations to Sharon and Jan for the their masterpieces !!! We had a great time together and hope we meet again soon!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 6:00am
post #58 of 130

The bottom 'layer' (with all the trees) of the winning cake is a stand, isn't it? Or are the trees edible?
I may have missed it, baby fussy.

pattycakes4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes4 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 6:03am
post #59 of 130

The trees were all made of modeling chocolate, they were lighted with hundreds of seed lights, and the crystals were all sugar.

kricket Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kricket Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 6:06am
post #60 of 130

Pat, thanks for posting a few clarifications. It's always so interesting to hear what happens behind the scenes that the viewing audience doesn't know about. Congratulations on your second win!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%