What Makes You A Weirdo?

Lounge By veronica720 Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 5:01am by veronica720

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 12:57pm
post #121 of 208

Hey Doug, what does "GMTA" mean........I'm only on my first cup of Joe and can't figure it out............ icon_lol.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 1:57pm
post #122 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellormom

Yet another thing, FLIES!!!! They are the most skeevey things on the planet! If anyone has a secret to getting rid of big bunches of them let me know my mom would love you! LOL She lives in SC and in the summer.......
Jen...

I can't stand flies either! My youngest cat helps me hunt them down and then knows to stand aside while I eradicate them. I have found a cup of fruit punch type juice with a few drops of vinegar and water and dish soap lures them in to drown. thumbs_up.gif I bought a little venus fly trap once. And I fed it every fly the kitty and I hunted down and squished. I can't stand the piss flies that come in on bananas. The eggs are there and then they hatch when they get to your house as the bananas ripen YUCK!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:01pm
post #123 of 208

GMTA = Great Minds Think Alike!

sadsmile Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:42pm
post #124 of 208

ROFLMBO! I've been trying to figure that out since yeasterday. icon_lol.gificon_redface.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:48pm
post #125 of 208

Another one .... Acronyms. I love them.

I worked for multiple companies that had a cutesy acronym for everything. So anytime I see a phrase or a movie title, my mind just automatically creates an acronym for it. "Julie and Julia" = JAJ.

When I go to Wendy's to pick up hamburgers for everyone, I remember the condiments via an acronym. Hubby wants Pickles Onion and Tomato? Then he wants a POT cheeseburger! icon_lol.gif

Even my youngest daughter's name is an acronym! Her initials actually spell her first name!! Deborah Elise Brim = D.E.B. (honestly, that one was totally accidental! icon_redface.gif )

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:23pm
post #126 of 208

I'm going off topic a bit--but it's an acronym thing that is killing me!

Ok what does wtf mean to you???

Apparently on Christian wholesale/retail websites which I regularly peruse as a church bookstore buyer--it means Where's The Faith?! o.m.g.

I mean I used to freak out about Sesame Street too when "The F-Word" sponsored the show.

I don't know. Hey I can tell you this~I'm not stocking any wtf merchandise--yah think??~!!!!!

sadsmile Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:29pm
post #127 of 208

Seriously!!!? No way!

-K8memphis Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:31pm
post #128 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

Seriously!!!? No way!

Can you possibly imagine my ut. ter. shock

Where's the faith, baby?

No dead serious--wonder if I could find it--I ran fast away, ran.

-K8memphis Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:34pm
post #129 of 208

So google

wtf where's the faith

and prepare to be enlightened icon_eek.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:51pm
post #130 of 208

Whew...here goes. I hate swarm of bugs. If there is more than 2 that's a party and I don't like it so I squish them instantly.

I hate anything dealing with zombies. Consider it a stupid fear thanks to the Thriller video when I was a kid. I always watched because I loved the dancing but could never sleep after that. I watch it now and laugh but the damage has been done. My husband thinks I'm insane.

I HATE jello. I just can't stand the texture of it. *shudder*
Clowns---creepy, creepy, creepy.

Hate people breathing on me, keep your hot nasty breath to yourself and please don't invade my personal space by being a close talker.

My closet and drawers must be organized or the world will stop spinning.

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 4:53pm
post #131 of 208

You guys would have died yeaterday. My inlaws have a produce farm next door to me and they are in Alaska for 3 weeks. MIL has one of her friends staying at the house to papmer her 2 dogs. I went over to collect the eggs from the chickens and then went in the kitchen to wash my hands. There was a bucket of banana peels and tomatoe skins in the sink and the minute I approached the sink this massive swarm of gnats flew up into my face and surrounded my head! I thought I was going to drop right there. The cow that left the mess is sitting at the kitchen table going "uhhh yeahh I really dont know what to do about that". ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!?? Take out the fricking garbage you idiot! MIL called this morning to see how things are going and I let her know that her not to bright friend needed lessons on garbage.

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 5:40pm
post #132 of 208

Some people are idiots! I would have freaked! gnats are nasty! I used to play soccer and the gnats would fly in your mouth while you were trying to play! So gross!!!
Jen...

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 5:56pm
post #133 of 208

OMG...I thought you meant an actual cow for a second...duh!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 6:58pm
post #134 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

OMG...I thought you meant an actual cow for a second...duh!

LOL so did I icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I figured, chickens....eggs....cow.....just normal farm stuff! icon_lol.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 7:27pm
post #135 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8memphis-

I'm going off topic a bit--but it's an acronym thing that is killing me!

Ok what does wtf mean to you???

Apparently on Christian wholesale/retail websites which I regularly peruse as a church bookstore buyer--it means Where's The Faith?! o.m.g.

I mean I used to freak out about Sesame Street too when "The F-Word" sponsored the show.

I don't know. Hey I can tell you this~I'm not stocking any wtf merchandise--yah think??~!!!!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif That is seriously funny.

It would be kind of funny to have a WTF t-shirt, or keychain, or Bible cover...I'm gonna stop now

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 11:21pm
post #136 of 208

staying in my pajamas so much that i even take my son to school in them! icon_razz.gif

am i lazy or what??? icon_surprised.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 1:10am
post #137 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

GMTA = Great Minds Think Alike!

Glad you cleared that up. I was reading it as "Got Mine To Add." icon_lol.gif

sadsmile Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 1:29am
post #138 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane

staying in my pajamas so much that i even take my son to school in them! icon_razz.gif

Lazy???! Oh -h- NO! That my dear one is called a Carpool Pajama Party and it happens every day here! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cool.gifthumbs_up.gif

Cheyanne25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cheyanne25 Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 2:42am
post #139 of 208
Quote:

Quote:

Lazy???! Oh -h- NO! That my dear one is called a Carpool Pajama Party and it happens every day here! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cool.gifthumbs_up.gif

I would consider that giving the pj's their equal opportunity to operate as normal clothes. lol

After reading the comments about sounds I remember my other HUGE pet peeve. I cringe and run screaming at the sound of ice being scraped against. If someone is biting a poopsicle or pulling a box out of the freezer that has ice build up on the sides and it scrapes against it... oh my god.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 2:45am
post #140 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyanne25

I would consider that giving the pj's their equal opportunity to operate as normal clothes. lol

After reading the comments about sounds I remember my other HUGE pet peeve. I cringe and run screaming at the sound of ice being scraped against. If someone is biting a poopsicle or pulling a box out of the freezer that has ice build up on the sides and it scrapes against it... oh my god.

I hate that sound, too! It's painful to hear! But I can listen to fingernails on a chalkboard all day and it doesn't bother me at all...

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 3:31am
post #141 of 208

[quote="Cheyanne25"]

Quote:

Quote:

it sounds better when you put it that way! icon_lol.gif

laceycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laceycakes Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 6:42am
post #142 of 208

This is really fun to read!!

Mine.... I have to make the beds before I leave the house. I don't know why. I didn't even realize I was doing it until one day when my husband was in a hurry and I was in the room making the bed and he was getting anxious and irritated with me.

I also separate M&M's by color and start eating the ones that have the fewest!

I guess we're all weird!! I would hate to be normal!!

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 3:50pm
post #143 of 208

To all of you who cannot stand mouth sounds i have a warning.
DO NOT GO SEE JULIE & JULIA!!! I saw it last night and the entire movie is people chewing and slurping and talking with food in thier mouths. I spent the entire moive with my ears plugged humming to myslef. Not to worry there were only 2 other people in the theatre.

I thought of something I had forgotten earlier.
Wood in my mouth i.e. pop sicle sticks, toothpicks, tounge depressors. I will gag and you best look out.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 8:50pm
post #144 of 208

LOL ok that is funny - I just saw J&J yesterday (AFTER I had posted about my own disgust with mouth sounds) but for some reason it didn't bother me. I think there were two scenes that bugged me, once when they obviously foley'd in some crunching sounds and I thought to myself "Now WHY did they have to amplify that?" and the other was when her sister was talking with that big hunk of food in her mouth. Other than that I think I was lovin' the movie so much I must not have noticed the rest. Either that or I couldn't hear it over the sounds of my own popcorn icon_wink.gif (Just kidding!)

-K8memphis Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 9:35pm
post #145 of 208

Ceshelly--foley--cool new word for me.

Thanks

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 12:49am
post #146 of 208

You're welcome icon_biggrin.gif. Just don't use it in the past tense like I did - I don't think it's actually a word that way icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 1:04am
post #147 of 208

I sleep with a pillow on my head, covering my eyes and the bridge of my nose. It started in college, when I had a very small dorm room and a roommate who had an earlier class than I did. She would turn on the light to get ready, and I would pull a pillow down over my eyes to block out the light.

Fast forward almost 20-ish years. I'm still doing it. With the same pillow. (No other pillow feels the same.) And I can't go to sleep without it, it's like an addiction. I travel with it. We call it "the pink pillow" and DH knows it's my sacred object and he doesn't get to use it for any reason.

He says it's the weirdest thing about me. icon_redface.gif

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 1:29am
post #148 of 208

Oh wow! I am glad I read this.

I too dislike feet. I do not mind my own or BF's but anyone else's freak me out. I do not like to look at other peoples feet. When I get a pedi and someone is sitting next to me I can not look at their feet.

There is potential for barfing if my fork touches my teeth, or anybody within ear shot for that matter. I have the chills thinking about it.

I am BEYOND grossed out by kids hands. I babysit for two little kids and their hands always feel "germy", I swear I feel the germs. I am nuts about anti bacterial and then straight to a sink with soap and paper towels. I also hate kitchen towels. I think they a germ central. I go through paper towels at lightning speed.

That yogurt commercial grosses me out too. I like yogurt but I can not eat yogurt that has fruit in it, a texture thing I guess.

I also hate if the toilet paper roll is upside down, it must come over from the top. I also paper any toilet seat that is not my home or BF's house. I can not "hover" so I waste a lot of toilet paper if I am forced to use the restroom in public.

I am sure there are more but that is enough for now. Glad to know I am not the only one! Thanks for sharing.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 2:37am
post #149 of 208

I eat one thing at a time on my plate. Kinda in a circle. I'll pick one thing, eat all of it, then go to the next. Usually in a clockwise order. Never a bite of this...bite of that... It's better if the foods don't touch, but not imperative.

I asked DH what makes me weird. He reminded me that most people wouldn't wear clothes that their grandmother has no use for anymore. I suppose he's right.

Oh, I thought of one more, once I set my alarm clock I turn it so that it is facing away from me. It just feels like a spotlight beaming in my face.

lthiele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lthiele Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 3:01am
post #150 of 208

I can make a three leaf clover with my tongue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%