What Makes You A Weirdo?

Lounge By veronica720 Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 5:01am by veronica720

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 4:52pm
post #181 of 208

Yeah Indy, I just don't do mornings very well! My husband is a chatterbox and knows to just leave me alone until about 10:30 or so. Sometimes he forgets and he'll ramble incessantly which irritates me even more but I'll just ignore him until he "get's it". Occasionally I have to grunt in response and then he knows to back off! Gosh, isn't that awful?? Honestly, I really am a pleasant person otherwise!!!

I just don't trust people who are peppy in the morning...it's not right! LOL!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 5:19pm
post #182 of 208

I describe us as "He wants to get up early and go to breakfast. I want to sleep in and go to lunch."

When we were first married, he came into the bedroom, shook me by the shoulder and said, "honey? honey? don't you want to get up and make sunday breakfast?" I pried open one eye, looked at the clock and said, "Are you freakin' kidding me? It's only 9:30 in the morning!"

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 5:49pm
post #183 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

When we were first married, he came into the bedroom, shook me by the shoulder and said, "honey? honey? don't you want to get up and make sunday breakfast?" I pried open one eye, looked at the clock and said, "Are you freakin' kidding me? It's only 9:30 in the morning!"

Oh my...NO I DON'T!!! icon_lol.gif

This reminds me of two more things to add to my list. I hate it when my husband says to me "What are we planning for dinner?" I finally asked him "Do you mean what am I making for dinner? Do you have any intention of having any part of the preparation? You don't so it isn't WE planning anything for dinner, is it?" He got all irate and asked what was he supposed to say, then? I told him "What are you making for dinner" would be fine, at least that would acknowledge that he has no part in it. For some reason that doesn't bother me, but the "we" sets me off! icon_lol.gif

The other thing is that I don't like morning converstion, but the WORST is when someone tries to talk to me through the bathroom door! My kids used to do that to me first thing in the morning, I'd be in trying to get into the shower and they'd be on the other side of the door trying to have a conversation. DO YOU SEE THE CLOSED DOOR? That means no conversing! icon_lol.gif They'll still try to talk to me when I go into the downstairs bathroom and I just yell "I can't hear you!" even though they know I can. Bathroom door closed=wall of silence.

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 6:25pm
post #184 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by CambriasCakes

!

I just don't trust people who are peppy in the morning...it's not right! LOL!

I with you on that one, lol.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 6:25pm
post #185 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

but the WORST is when someone tries to talk to me through the bathroom door! My kids used to do that to me first thing in the morning, I'd be in trying to get into the shower and they'd be on the other side of the door trying to have a conversation. DO YOU SEE THE CLOSED DOOR? That means no conversing! icon_lol.gif They'll still try to talk to me when I go into the downstairs bathroom and I just yell "I can't hear you!" even though they know I can. Bathroom door closed=wall of silence.

OMG so funny but SO TRUE!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 6:54pm
post #186 of 208
Quote:

This reminds me of two more things to add to my list. I hate it when my husband says to me "What are we planning for dinner?" I finally asked him "Do you mean what am I making for dinner? Do you have any intention of having any part of the preparation? You don't so it isn't WE planning anything for dinner, is it?" He got all irate and asked what was he supposed to say, then? I told him "What are you making for dinner" would be fine, at least that would acknowledge that he has no part in it. For some reason that doesn't bother me, but the "we" sets me off! icon_lol.gif

What drives me nuts is that my husband asks that and then wants a bunch of choices. I'm sorry, if you want choices go to a restaurant. I have the menu for the two weeks posted on the fridge, all he has to do is get off his butt and look at it.

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 6:55pm
post #187 of 208

I'm kind of funny about milk too. Growing up, a few minutes before dinner my brother liked to pour a glass of milk and let it sit to warm up a bit. That grossed me out! If I drink milk it has to be ice cold. Milk is also one of those things you don't share!! I had a friend over as a teenager and my mom made brownies and I poured myself a glass of milk and when I turned around to put the milk away, she picked it up and took a drink, YUCK ! I told her to keep it!

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:59pm
post #188 of 208

HeHe Loving this thread!!!

I am a weirdo because-
after reading this I realized- I don't mind my food touching on the plate, but don't like my foods mixed on my fork- example- If I am eating pie- I will eating the crust separate from the filling, separate from the topping. I eat each food separately.

-I don't like cold fruit. Room temp please!

I have to bag my own groceries. My dad owned a grocery so I KNOW how to pack a bag. I hate when someone is bagging and I say to them - please fill the bags full and then they go and double bag them!!! Just let me do it myself. LOL

Pet peeve at the moment is stopping at a stop sign pulling up to the line- but you can't because someone on their cell phone driving a big a$$ SUV cut the corner so you have to stop short. ARGHHH!

I like the weight of covers on when I sleep, and I have to breathe cool, crisp air when I sleep or I feel like I am suffocating.

ETA- oh yeah- flying insects, esp moths. Yuck!

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 11:59pm
post #189 of 208

Just some minor stuff for me. Milk has to have ice in it. The colder the better.
DO NOT talk to me when I am talking on the phone. I especially dislike it when the person on the other end of the phone stops talking to me to converse with someone in the room with them. I have been known to hang up on these people. icon_surprised.gif
I also don't do mornings well. I once worked with one of those dreadfully cheery morning people and was the only one in the office not invited to her wedding. Why you ask?? BECAUSE I DID NOT WISH HER A "GOOD MORNING" and her poor little feelings were hurt. Sheesh.

Tiffany29 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 12:54am
post #190 of 208

I have to say I am not a morning person. I really don't like to be talked to as soon as I get up. I babysit for my neighbor and she told me one day that I was such a different person in the afternoon than when she dropped her kids off in the morning. icon_lol.gif I need a little time to wake up and lots of coffee!!

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 3:57am
post #191 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany29

I'm kind of funny about milk too. Growing up, a few minutes before dinner my brother liked to pour a glass of milk and let it sit to warm up a bit. That grossed me out! If I drink milk it has to be ice cold.

I am right there with you on this one. I have to have my milk cold. Once it hits room temperature, I'm out.

This is more along the lines of a pet peeve, but I cannot stand to be on the phone with someone who is also at their computer, wanting to read me something funny in their email or something. JUST SEND IT TO ME!!! Or when someone is also watching TV while talking to me, and running commentary to me about what they are watching. GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO!!!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 4:10am
post #192 of 208

I hate cheese. It stinks and grosses me out, keep your cheeseburgers and ham & cheese sandwiches far from me!
but...
give me pizza, and I want so much cheese it's just dripping off it!

Lots of things make me a weirdo, this is my go-to thing though!

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 5:59am
post #193 of 208

FlourPots - I just realized that I forgot to comment on your last post...your sister gets fake toenails??? I'm so confused right now!! LOL - why? And why so long??? Eeewww....that really freaks me out!

Tiffany29 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 11:05am
post #194 of 208

My sister gets those ugly fake nails on her toes and thinks she looks hot with those and her spray tan that turned her ORANGE!! I busted out laughing the day I saw her! I was wondering how she got her shoes on with those stupid things!!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 8:47pm
post #195 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedist

Can't walk on a floor bare...walk on sides of feet fast until I reach carpet (yeah looking like a monkey)

That right there is a must see!!!!

Quote:

This reminds me of two more things to add to my list. I hate it when my husband says to me "What are we planning for dinner?" I finally asked him "Do you mean what am I making for dinner? Do you have any intention of having any part of the preparation? You don't so it isn't WE planning anything for dinner, is it?" He got all irate and asked what was he supposed to say, then? I told him "What are you making for dinner" would be fine, at least that would acknowledge that he has no part in it. For some reason that doesn't bother me, but the "we" sets me off!

ARG! Mine does that and I HATE IT! But what's worse is he will not say anything and just set frozen meat out on the counter and make plans for what I can cook for him with it regaurdless of wether we have the needed ingreedients or if there is enough for all 6 of us!

OK one more thing about me.
I will not cook oddle noodle soups! Nope. Just crack it apart and eat it crunchy.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 8:51pm
post #196 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

[

OK one more thing about me.
I will not cook oddle noodle soups! Nope. Just crack it apart and eat it crunchy.

My son started doing that this summer! I thought it was weird at first, but I figure it's like eating crackers, and at least he's not eating all that sodium in the broth mixture!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:22am
post #197 of 208
Quote:
Quote:

This reminds me of two more things to add to my list. I hate it when my husband says to me "What are we planning for dinner?" I finally asked him "Do you mean what am I making for dinner? Do you have any intention of having any part of the preparation? You don't so it isn't WE planning anything for dinner, is it?"

This is the point where my son says "Who's we, do you have a mouse in your pocket?"

icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 1:38am
post #198 of 208

Him: What's for dinner
Me: We're having blah blah blah.
Him: (whining) I dont' want tha-a-a-a-a-t!
Me: I'm sorry ... what were YOU planning on cooking?

--------------------

Me: What do you want for dinner?
Him: Whatever you feel like making.
Me: Well, I feel like making nothing,so that's what we're having. YOu're on your own.

Darth_Aerdna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darth_Aerdna Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 3:03am
post #199 of 208

When I am going through an automatic door (like at a grocery store) I like to pretend that I am a Jedi Knight from Star Wars and am using "The Force" to open the door!

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 4:01am
post #200 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by azglobs

When I am going through an automatic door (like at a grocery store) I like to pretend that I am a Jedi Knight from Star Wars and am using "The Force" to open the door!

LMAO! Now that is a good one.

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 4:27am
post #201 of 208

Ok so I have one that probably isn't something weird about me but it happened to me and it was ANNOYING (to say the least!)

I was at the OBGYN having a six week ultrasound done. The ultrasound was internal because of how early in the pregnancy it was, so that was awkward and weird to begin with. My legs up in the stirrups, the technician moving her ultrasound 'wand' around in there trying to get a good view and her cell phone rings...

AND SHE ANSWERS IT, AND HAS A CONVERSATION WITH SOMEONE!

errrr...

I hate long toe nails, they creep me out.

I also do this thing (I worry way too much) where I will see something happening in my mind and it freaks me out. example- I'm driving through an intersection, in my mind I see a car running the red light and hitting me. FREAKS me out! I'm a weirdo :/ lol

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 1:35pm
post #202 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by azglobs

That's hilarious!! Very cute. See, if that were me, I'd be on the Enterprise.

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 3:59pm
post #203 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaefamous

Ok so I have one that probably isn't something weird about me but it happened to me and it was ANNOYING (to say the least!)

I was at the OBGYN having a six week ultrasound done. The ultrasound was internal because of how early in the pregnancy it was, so that was awkward and weird to begin with. My legs up in the stirrups, the technician moving her ultrasound 'wand' around in there trying to get a good view and her cell phone rings...

errrr...

Um... RIGHT. I'd have told her pretty blatantly to get off the damn phone and worry about her job. icon_evil.gif

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 5:20pm
post #204 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by CambriasCakes

FlourPots - I just realized that I forgot to comment on your last post...your sister gets fake toenails??? I'm so confused right now!! LOL - why? And why so long??? Eeewww....that really freaks me out!

That's what I tell her...WHY the hell???
She thinks her big toenails are too short, so they look weird when painted.
As for the length...she says, "that's how they do it"...I say, "you're paying, I'm pretty sure you can demand a shorter nail!!" LOL

I just try not to look down at the claws when she has them done.
She actually has normal looking, cute feet without them.

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 5:24pm
post #205 of 208

Um... RIGHT. I'd have told her pretty blatantly to get off the damn phone and worry about her job.

I know I think I was just so shocked by it...

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 11:01pm
post #206 of 208

[quote="CakesByJen2"]I only have one kinda odd fear: bridges. As a kid, going to my grandma's we had to drive across two lakes with very narrow bridges, no shoulder at all, and my mom is a very bad driver. I always had it planned out in my head how I was going to get myself and the younger kids out if she crashed and went into the water.

That was the start of it, then years later after I was married and gone, there was a terrible bridge collapse in Memphis, and I found out the my family had driven across it just a half hour before the collapse going to my brothers soccer tournament. I can drive on them, but I get very tense and my heart rate goes up.
quote]
OMG!! I have the same bridge fear!! Mine is specifically worse if I can see water below me over both sides at the same time while I'm looking straight ahead (damn peripheral vision!) I feel sick to my stomach and my hands grip the wheel like there is no tomorrow.

jensenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jensenscakes Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 3:14am
post #207 of 208

I also hate feet and I can't eat meat if it looks like the animal it started out as. I also can't sleep at night if there's a light on in the house, I don't care if I can't see that it's on I KNOW it's on.

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 5:01am
post #208 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaefamous

errrr...

I don't think so!!
I feel awkward enough at those damn app. anyway. And then to have the doc elbow deep and chatting away, I don't even want to imagine. I probably would have kicked her in the head

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%