What Makes You A Weirdo?

Lounge By veronica720 Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 5:01am by veronica720

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 3:07am
post #151 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

Oh, I thought of one more, once I set my alarm clock I turn it so that it is facing away from me. It just feels like a spotlight beaming in my face.

I have to do that, too. If I wake up in the night, I can fall back asleep, but only if I don't know what time it is. Otherwise, I lay there going, okay, it's 2 am, I only have four more hours, okay, it's 2:30 am......

And regarding keeping the same pillow, I heard that once a pillow is a few years old it's weight is 25% dead skin cells. This does not, however, gross me out enough to replace my favorite comfy, I just thought the germ-minded among us weirdos here would get a good "Ewwwwwwwwwwww!" out of it.

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 3:15am
post #152 of 208

I absolutely can not stand feet! My DH likes to rub the tops of his toe knuckles against the bottom of my feet (ugh). It makes me sick! I also hate the sound of someone chompin on a potato chip, salad, carrot sticks, cereal or anything crunchy anywhere around me! I instantly get angry and say " you need to go chomp that somewhere else!" My sister ALWAYS likes to call me while she's eating chips and I tell her I have to go! Ok...I can't stand that feeling I get when I accidentially scratch the car door with my finger nail. It makes me cringe and I have to rub my nail until I feel better. I know wierd huh?!

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 4:32am
post #153 of 208

I have food issues - mushy food issues to be exact, lol.

Cake with ice cream on it - no way! Ice cream melts and makes the cake mushy.
Strawberry shortcake with biscuits - nope, just 'dessert shells' and no strawberry liquid, it turns to mush. Don't like biscuits at all - too dry and blech. Hot pie with ice cream is fine, as is apple cobbler.

Moist food is fine, dry food isn't. Top pie crust is too dry.

There really is no rhyme or reason to it, it's just how I am, lol.

I know there's more, and I'm sure someone will be along to expand on this, lol.

~Chelle

JEM530 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JEM530 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 4:34am
post #154 of 208

Chelleb forgot to mention that she doesn't like Chicken Pot Pie!

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 4:36am
post #155 of 208

All the ones I've tried have had soggy crust - need I say more. icon_biggrin.gif

JEM530 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JEM530 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 4:48am
post #156 of 208

Chelleb just doesn't understand how awesome Chicken pot pie is! icon_smile.gif

I will not let anyone touch my feet EVER! No pedicures for me. I can barely even lotion my own feet. I hate, despise actually, other people's feet too. Feet in general are gross.

I will not touch raw chicken with my bare hands. My mom has warped my brain into thinking that death is imminent if I touch it. She is a nurse and brings me home boxes of gloves from the hospital so I can cook chicken. I love chicken!

I'll leave it at those but there are oh so many more things!!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 5:38am
post #157 of 208

Ok, Until I read this thred, I never noticed the slurpy noises on that yogurt commercial until it came on tonight. Thanks, guys!! icon_razz.gif

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 9:55am
post #158 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by lthiele

I can make a three leaf clover with my tongue.

I think we need pictures of this. icon_lol.gif

All you people who hate tongues, wet things and mouths...close your eyes. icon_eek.gif

Tiffany29 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 11:32am
post #159 of 208

I can make my tongue look that too!(like a 3-leaf clover) My dd tells me to make my tongue funny. She used to get all grossed out and freak if I acted like I was gonna touch her with it! Now she thinks it's cool. Oh, I thought of something else...Slobber and snot! I start dry heaving when a kid slobbers or has green snot dripping down their face.The part that really makes me yack is when they lick it!!!!!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 12:37pm
post #160 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Ok, Until I read this thred, I never noticed the slurpy noises on that yogurt commercial until it came on tonight. Thanks, guys!! icon_razz.gif

We're happy to share the joy! icon_wink.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 1:41pm
post #161 of 208

I can cross my eyes (no big whoop, so can most everyone), but I can also move just one eyeball at a time. My mom used to make me do it when I was a child and we had company over. icon_rolleyes.gif

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 1:52pm
post #162 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

I can cross my eyes (no big whoop, so can most everyone), but I can also move just one eyeball at a time. My mom used to make me do it when I was a child and we had company over. icon_rolleyes.gif

My DH can do this too, and he can also wiggle his earlobes. Doesn't freak me out though, just makes me laugh!

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 2:09am
post #163 of 208

When I sleep in hotels I have to have the spot furthest away from the door. You know...so I have time to escape if some crazed murderer breaks in.

When I am in a car I have to have the window cracked, even in the winter, or I feel as though I am going to suffocate.

I hold my breath when people pass by due to the possibility of cigarette smells and BO.

Whenever I drive under viaducts and bridges I envision something falling and breaking my windshield causing a major accident. So I always get a little panicky when approaching them.

I absolutely hate dirty dish water and dish rags. I cannot ever use someone else's dish rag....who knows where it's been? Or if it stinks? I can't do the dishes if anyone, but me has started the dish water and filled the sink.

I also can't swim anywhere there is seaweed touching me. And I always make sure to be the last one to jump into a lake so others can scare away the fish.

I alway hop off the escalator to make sure no shoe strings, pant legs, etc get caught in those TEETH!

Tiffany29 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 11:43am
post #164 of 208
Quote:
Quote:

When I am in a car I have to have the window cracked, even in the winter, or I feel as though I am going to suffocate.

I do the same thing, Even in the winter!!

Tiffany29 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 11:48am
post #165 of 208

That didn't really work! I can't figure out this quoting thing! Anyway, I do the same thing as maryjsgirl in the car ,even in the winter I have to have the window cracked.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 12:16pm
post #166 of 208

Tiffany...Your reply should be typed after the word quote in brackets [ ] that's at the end of the other person's post. I usually skip a line or two, then start writing.

Tiffany29 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 1:20pm
post #167 of 208

Thanks!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 2:02pm
post #168 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleb1974

I have food issues - mushy food issues to be exact, lol.

Cake with ice cream on it - no way! Ice cream melts and makes the cake mushy.
Strawberry shortcake with biscuits - nope, just 'dessert shells' and no strawberry liquid, it turns to mush. Don't like biscuits at all - too dry and blech. Hot pie with ice cream is fine, as is apple cobbler.

Moist food is fine, dry food isn't. Top pie crust is too dry.

There really is no rhyme or reason to it, it's just how I am, lol.

I know there's more, and I'm sure someone will be along to expand on this, lol.

~Chelle

I used to be like this and nothing wrong with being like this--but I changed over time --I think God was preparing me because we gave birth to a fine dining chef and I have eaten things I never thought would ever see in person much less ingest.

And it's good--but I still can't stand the mouth feel of cooked mushrooms--just say no.

And I don't like to try weird meats that I've never had before-- but if it keeps Chef-boy happy...I'll try a little.

Rethink the pie crust though--apple for example--high fat content, lots of calories, cinnamon flavored crispy thing--works for me lol

FlourPots Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 2:06pm
post #169 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany29

Thanks!

You're welcome icon_smile.gif .

blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:11am
post #170 of 208

"They do things the full sink way. Full sink of hot soapy water and a full sink of rinsing water. I could throw up just thinking about it. "

Lmao!! Beyond true! You may as well re-eat off the dirty dish.
And I love the part about objects need fair chances. I'm cracking up!

Can't sleep with a top sheet in the bed.

My pillow has to be folded in half and the fold facing the right

So disgusting and I stopped....the stinky tiny white balls(Tonsil stones)....when spring came and I'd get bad allergies, I'd hauk them and save it in a napkin until the end of day (felt like if I became deaf or mute that day they could test the ball)

Can't walk on a floor bare...walk on sides of feet fast until I reach carpet (yeah looking like a monkey)

When I have cash I have to make sure it is in order from biggest and newest of the bills. If it's dirty and old, I will trade it at a store (so stupid I know, it all spends the same)

Addicted to hand sanitizer! The little purse bottle is gone in 2-3 days. I rub it on my arms if I touch something, in my mind, is gross.

I go in people's houses and straighten crooked pics,etc (some get offended, but I can't concentrate until I do) then they thank me

Escalator!!! Feet have to be on an angle like this [/ /] or I will keep trying until I get it right (I look like Hokey-Pokey and try to avoid)

NO TRASHCAN in the house!!!!! I throw my small garbage in the tiny bathroom trashcan and dump it at night. Anything big has to be walked outside. If I go to someone's house and I see their trashcan, I can't swallow their food.

DO NOT touch my neck!!!! My uncle loves to grab you in the back of the neck and kiss your forehead. I think I will be paralyzed if my neck is touched wrong.

All clothes on hangers facing same way and sorted by likeness.

Towels must be rolled after folding and the "deco" line must be at top with the tuck facing down in linen cabinet (I only buy 1 type of towel to save myself the torture)

The biggest 1 is I canât stand when my middle finger goes over my index and makes a small click noise. I keep washing my hands after.

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:31am
post #171 of 208

GOD I love this thread!

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:34am
post #172 of 208

someone mentioned food problems... i have a strange one: i DO NOT like hot foods! nope. no way. no how. i will actually plate my food at dinner and let it sit for a few minutes to cool down. not all the way cold, but maybe to a "luke warm" stage.

i also have a texture problem when it comes to my food. and it's not just a mushy one, it all depends on the food and how it should all work together in my mind icon_biggrin.gif

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 4:02am
post #173 of 208

Lucy Van Pelt would have a field day here.

heddahope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heddahope Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 5:04am
post #174 of 208

This is an awesome thread, hilarious.

I have an irrational fear of sharks, even when I was in Hawaii I would just get in the water to take a picture and get right back out. I even get scared in pools, lol. I feel bad but I think I may be passing this fear onto my kids, I am paranoid at the beach and yell with my husband when he brings them in the water.

I Hate hate hate hate hate jello, the texture is awful. I don't even like when other people eat it.

Toilet paper goes "over" for me.

Heather

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 7:52am
post #175 of 208

When I was loading the dishwasher as a kid, I had to make sure all the utensils were in compartments by "families" -- each needed one knife, fork, and spoon. Other family members could be added as needed, but not until all the families were complete. And I could never put a single utensil in its own compartment because I didn't want it to get lonely.

Also as a kid, every time I looked at a digital clock, I had to find a way to make a mathematical equation out of the numbers (yup, I'm a nerd). For example, if the time was 5:23, the equation could be 5 - 2 = 3. Something like 12:37 was trickier, but it could be 1+2=3, +4 (since there were four digits)=7. It was a little game I played, not so much a compulsion, but it irritated me if I didn't have a chance to figure an equation out.

And I still prefer to avoid stepping on cracks in the sidewalk for fear of breaking my mother's back.

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 7:53am
post #176 of 208

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who's weird!

I absolutely HATE speaking to anyone in the morning! I am not a morning person at all and I also will not shower with the light on if it's still dark out. I have to ease into it. Closet light only until I absolutely have to see, like when I put my make-up on!

If I take something out of the microwave before the timer has gone off, I won't clear the time because I feel as though I'm "wasting" those remaining seconds as if it's money or something! I'll leave it as it until I put something else in and then I'll just add to the cooking time. FREAK!

I refuse to sleep face to face with my husband because I can't stand to feel hot breath on my face. I feel as though I'm suffocating.

I turn my pillow over several times a night so I'm always sleeping on the "cool side".

Feet don't really bother me, just don't touch mine! No pedicures for me, thank you. I'll do my own!

I am repulsed by anyone drinking milk with their meals, unless it's cereal. Bleh!

This has to be the best thread EVER!!!

FlourPots Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 8:20am
post #177 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by CambriasCakes

Feet don't really bother me, just don't touch mine! No pedicures for me, thank you. I'll do my own!

Me too...I've never had a pedicure, and have no desire to ever get one.

Two of my sisters get them pretty regularly...one occasionally gets fake nails on only her big toes...it grosses me out because they're so long...she can't even wear closed shoes or they'll pop off inside...ewww.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 2:15pm
post #178 of 208
Quote:

I absolutely HATE speaking to anyone in the morning! I am not a morning person at all .....

OMG, me too! I actually got "kinda" reprimanded at a job once because I didn't say 'good morning' to everyone. Remember, that I hate fake-n-phony and everyone actually made a freakin' RITUAL out of going around to every desk to say good morning so the boss would see them saying 'good morning. I pretty much gave them a choice .... they can stay out of my face in the morning or I can throw my coffee in their's.

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:20pm
post #179 of 208

I have a whole bunch of weird obsessions and rational fears. I've been writing them down as I thought of them so I could add them all at once. Here goes...

I hate to have my feet covered by anything. I stick them out of the covers at night while the rest of me is covered up. I only wear socks and shoes if I have to go out of the house, and promptly remove said socks and shoes when I get home. The other half of this strange compulsion is that I can not STAND for my feet to be wet or dirty. I walk around constantly brushing or wiping off the bottoms of my feet. I've been known to hop from one area rug to another just to avoid any possible foot contaminants. lol. I obsessively sweep and mop my house just so I can be barefoot in comfort.

Along the same lines of feet, my shoes must be laced exactly opposite of each other. Laces must be exactly even on both sides of the shoe, and no turns in the laces as they're laced up. When I buy shoes with laces I immediately re-lace them upon getting home and will not do ANYTHING else until I'm satisfied with them.

Any picture or poster frames hung in the house must be hung level. We keep a pocket level on top of the fridge so I can fix the pictures at any time.

If I eat cookies, crackers or chips, I must eat an odd number of whatever it is that I'm eating, but ONLY those things.

Hair is disgusting. I won't clean out hairbrushes or shower drains. That is husband's job. Yuck.

Someone mentioned the loose teeth fear. My oldest son's front teeth are loose. I keep hoping husband will be home or that oldest son will be at school the day they fall out because I know it's going to make me sick.

I HATE scary movies. I will not watch them. At all.

We have brightly colored plates and bowls in various colors. When loading the dishwasher, all the plates have to be lined up in groups of the same color. Then I can take them out and put them in the cabinet together. They do not have to be grouped in the cabinet, and the plates are the only thing I get all crazy about.

All flatware in the dishwasher have to be placed eating-end up, and there must be an equal number of knives or forks for every spoon. The spoons are not allowed to ''spoon''.

I hate spiders. I will not be in the same room with one if husband is home to kill it. Even the little tiny jumping ones. If he's not home, I find the heaviest thing I can lift to kill it, then I leave it until he gets home to wipe the spider guts off.

I can not go into the meat department of a grocery store. Raw meat makes me sick and I can smell the blood even if it's all packaged up. I can cook it, if husband washes it and gets it ready for me. Once it's cooked, I can't eat it if I look at it and think about what it really is.

I do not like cooked fruit. At all. No chunks of fruit mixed in with anything else. No fruit pies, no fruit in the jell-o. I will eat it raw, or not at all. I will not eat cherries, even though I do like cherry-flavored things.

I can't stand unruly vacuum cords. They must be neatly wound around the pegs.

That's all I can think of for now.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 3:27pm
post #180 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

I absolutely HATE speaking to anyone in the morning! I am not a morning person at all .....

OMG, me too! I actually got "kinda" reprimanded at a job once because I didn't say 'good morning' to everyone. Remember, that I hate fake-n-phony and everyone actually made a freakin' RITUAL out of going around to every desk to say good morning so the boss would see them saying 'good morning. I pretty much gave them a choice .... they can stay out of my face in the morning or I can throw my coffee in their's.

For sure! Omg too funny.

I was in a high pressure job (who wasn't huh) but this one chick did not get why I was 'abrupt'. I would give the answer and resolve the issue, but no frills. I would have to be all frills on the phone with clients though while I carefully arm wrestled them into submission.

We had to make countless decisions alll day including credit line decisions where if they default you have to formally answer for your initial decision, take escalated calls of pissed off people, etc.

Shoot I thought 'abrupt' was A+ compared the shreiking that I squelched.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

'Top o' the mornin' thoughts for yah <incoming!> <duck!> icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%