John And Kate +8

Lounge By maryjsgirl Updated 17 Jul 2009 , 8:29pm by Tita9499

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 12 May 2009 , 7:24pm
post #121 of 346

Yes Jon & Kate and their kids. And we all can do a lot more than what we do .. I know that instead of those cute shoes .. I could donate it. But don't we all deserve a few extras? I know I don't give like I should, so I don't judge what others give, just glad to see them donating & giving something.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 12 May 2009 , 7:24pm
post #122 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCakerator

well I'm not real sure what she says he is "adjusting" to .. whether you are in front of a camera or not, a 30 something year old man/husband/father does NOT go hanging all over young single women in a bar at 2 a.m.! I don't care who you are ...

Amen Sista!!!

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 12 May 2009 , 8:15pm
post #123 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCakerator

well the thing is, now they are set for life .. so would it really effect her anymore?

That's all relative...

If she keeps spending and that income from events and speeches slows down they are going to be in a world of hurt.

Did they buy that house?

If so are they making mortgage payments, and if they fall behind the person holding that mortgage isn't going to care if they are the Smiths, the Jones, the Obama's or the Gosselin's. They will take the house back and leave them homeless.

If they bought that house as paid in full and they fall behind in money that house will be the first thing a creditor goes after as debt collateral if they legally can.

How many child stars can we name from just the 70's or 80's who were set for life because of the four or five seasons they were on a TV show who's parents got greedy and used all that money up? I can think of 10 off the top of my head and if I took time to think of more I'd probably have no problem coming up with names.

Back in 1900 having one million dollars was a HUGE amount of money. This day in age having one million dollars isn't all that much money. (Ok to me it's huge, heck some weeks $200 is like having a million in my house. lol)

They are going to have a huge fall from grace.

Kate will blame everyone else for it, and Jon will just plod on as he always has. The kids...well only time will tell with them.

Everyone is going to loose in this situation because sooner or later ratings are going to drop and they will be cut from production.

What I wonder is why are they calling it a "summer season". Could the show be over and they are using up the last of the footage shot as a "last hurrah" and they will just be quietly removed from the TV line up??? I can't help but wonder.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 12 May 2009 , 8:31pm
post #124 of 346

God I hope so. I just think the show is bad for that family. Kate has gone from a humble person to a ego-tripping maniac. I mean she does look better than when the show first started, but she's not a stunner so I don't understand where her attitude comes from. She nags her kids (don't get dirty, I'm going to go crazy if you don't stop, etc), she nags her DH, she even nags the crew from TLC. Where does she get off thinking the show is about her?

Shelle_75 Posted 12 May 2009 , 8:42pm
post #125 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

God I hope so. I just think the show is bad for that family. Kate has gone from a humble person to a ego-tripping maniac. I mean she does look better than when the show first started, but she's not a stunner so I don't understand where her attitude comes from. She nags her kids (don't get dirty, I'm going to go crazy if you don't stop, etc), she nags her DH, she even nags the crew from TLC. Where does she get off thinking the show is about her?

Not that the paparazzi has a right to, but I think right there's the reason they have started "picking" on the Gosselins. In the beginning, they were humble, doing the show (it seemed) to share their kids and love with the world, etc. Now, it has become clear that they are milking it for every cent and freebie they can get, and I think that's why the general public and paparazzi has "turned on them". It's really all too bad, I really liked their show in the beginning. Maybe it's not even their fault, maybe they were just not equipped to deal with everything that comes with fame, who knows? Okay, now I'm rambling......

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:06am
post #126 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle_75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

Not that the paparazzi has a right to, but I think right there's the reason they have started "picking" on the Gosselins. In the beginning, they were humble, doing the show (it seemed) to share their kids and love with the world, etc. Now, it has become clear that they are milking it for every cent and freebie they can get, and I think that's why the general public and paparazzi has "turned on them". It's really all too bad, I really liked their show in the beginning. Maybe it's not even their fault, maybe they were just not equipped to deal with everything that comes with fame, who knows? Okay, now I'm rambling......

I agree.

I also don't see John as some poor little victim that some are treating him as.

Tita9499 Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:20am
post #127 of 346

I definitely don't see him as a victim either.

He's a run-of-the-mill, USDA approved, standard government issued PUNK. My word is my bond that if I were ever married to a man like that I would lose it.

My DH is all about his "yes, dear's", but let me cross that invisible line to emasculating him and the gloves come off.

I don't find "doormat" an attractive quality in a husband anymore than I jump for joy at the sight of a speculum.

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:38am
post #128 of 346

I have only watched one episode, which was not my choice. A friend had it on while I was over. Either way, last week the media is all "he's cheating with a 20 something girl". Now this week they're all "she's sleeping with the bodyguard."
It's absolutely SO CONVENIENT that all this drama of cheating is coming up just 15 days before the new season begins. This is all a promo type thing that all celebs do. When their ratings are down, they stage something outrageous right before the premiere to make people interested again. \\
Don't get into all the hype...b/c that's all it is.

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:32am
post #129 of 346

As for the job thing, I remember one episode (a long time ago) when Kate was saying she gave the kids the choice...either Daddy can work lots and be away more or they can do this "family" job. She says they choose the TV show.

I think it just seems like its getting a little out of hand, perhaps they need to bow out gracefully - if its possible.

CAKEtankerous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKEtankerous Posted 13 May 2009 , 4:27am
post #130 of 346

Yes, it is fair, when you choose to live your life in front of cameras for the sake of money, they yes, you have to take all that goes along with it. It was their choice to do this, they weren't forced to live in front the camera. And sham on both of them for not handling it well. Knowing they couldn't should have been the time the cameras got turned off and all bets were off. If you can't take the heat, get the cameras out of your house.

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:03pm
post #131 of 346

As a mother, the last thing I would do is jeopardize my family or my kids. As a role model to my kids, I would do my best to show my kids a loving, caring and respectful environment (which I try to do now). As a wife, I would treat my husband with love and respect, as I do now, in front of people and when we are alone.
What they are essentially doing is showing their kids that fame & fortune are important. Kate is showing her daughters that being thin, beautiful, perfect smile, and fab clothes is going to make a difference on how you are treated and what you can get from others.
At some point some one needs to step up and do right by the kids. Either the parents, another family member or at the least the producers of the show.
You can already see the changes in the two older girls. Cara is not as bad as Maddie, but you can seen the attitude there. And I can't imagine how they must feel. They were the center of attention for a couple of years and then not only did they get 6 siblings, they also got a camera crew and everything has changed.
I watched an brief snipit of their show yesterday while making dinner and, and Jon was scratching his leg and Kate barks at him "Jon! Stop scratching!" Jon, just looks at the camera and rolls his eyes.

Who knows, maybe he is the type of man that wants that "mommy figure" for a wife? She seems more of a mother to him than a wife. Have you ever seen them be affectionate towards each other? Touchy feely? Other than the occasional "Awwww, isn't he adorable cause he is so stupid?" comment?

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:48pm
post #132 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes22

As a mother, the last thing I would do is jeopardize my family or my kids. As a role model to my kids, I would do my best to show my kids a loving, caring and respectful environment (which I try to do now). As a wife, I would treat my husband with love and respect, as I do now, in front of people and when we are alone.
What they are essentially doing is showing their kids that fame & fortune are important.

Very well said............and I couldn't agree more! I don't think Jon or Kate are very good role models to anyone, especially their children.

CAKEtankerous Posted 13 May 2009 , 3:12pm
post #133 of 346

These people don't live in a cave, they knew when they signed on for this where it could possibly lead to. If they want everyone to leave them alone they need to quit the show. How can people stay out of their personnal business when that's what the whole show is about. She treats him like crap and has alienated alot of family because of her ways. Personally I don't think he's guilty of anything other than going out and having fun for a change. If everyone remembers when this show first started, Jon & Kate both specifically said jon was content with the twin girls and didn't want anymore kids. But Kate wasn't satisfied with that. yes she's the one that whines the most about having to care for all those kids. I agree with whoever said if she just really wanted one more child, there wouldn't have been so many eggs implanted. All that's going on now, is just set up to create more drama to increase the tv audience because people were getting turned off by Kate's attitude and were all sympathizing with jon. So they had to make jon look kindof bad too. There is no such thing as "reality" tv. it's all edited and staged to increase their viewing audiences. It's all about the ratings.

SugarLover2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarLover2 Posted 13 May 2009 , 7:14pm
post #134 of 346

I think the whole thing is so sad. I remember when the show just started with a few "specials". Kate said that they realized that they may not be able to give their children everything "material" in life due to the # of them, but that they wanted to give them all that mattered-like morals, love, nurturing.
Umm, Kate, you have failed. You are now so consumed in what you have or can get that these precious children have more material things than the love and nurturing that they need.
I read today that Kate and Jon are splitting up. Who knows if it's propaganda or not. If it is, I think that's sick. If it's not-I think it just may be for the best for these little stars. Sad, but maybe what these two need is a heavy dose of reality. Real reality. Cuz they seem to have forgotten where they came from.

CAKEtankerous Posted 13 May 2009 , 8:41pm
post #135 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarLover2

I think the whole thing is so sad. I remember when the show just started with a few "specials". Kate said that they realized that they may not be able to give their children everything "material" in life due to the # of them, but that they wanted to give them all that mattered-like morals, love, nurturing.
Umm, Kate, you have failed. You are now so consumed in what you have or can get that these precious children have more material things than the love and nurturing that they need.
I read today that Kate and Jon are splitting up. Who knows if it's propaganda or not. If it is, I think that's sick. If it's not-I think it just may be for the best for these little stars. Sad, but maybe what these two need is a heavy dose of reality. Real reality. Cuz they seem to have forgotten where they came from.

Sugarlover I agree with you 100%. I think their priorities got totally turned around. It is very sad.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 14 May 2009 , 12:41am
post #137 of 346

Love this part of that article...........

Gosselin's bodyguard is Steve Neild, a family friend. Says the mother of eight: "Of course [he travels] with us at times, and we've spent holidays together, because, in this situation, your circle grows smaller and smaller, and it's very natural to become friends with your manager, your publicist, your security team . . . they're the only people you have left. And now they're coming under fire."

Well maybe if she weren't such a raving beeyotch her family and friends would still WANT to spend holidays with them.

These people make my stomach turn icon_rolleyes.gif

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 14 May 2009 , 2:03am
post #138 of 346
Tita9499 Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:09am
post #139 of 346

I see your O.M.G. Summer and your OMG x 100 MaryJsgirl and raise you an "Oh No He Din't!""
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/brother-confirms-jon-feared-kate-was-having-affair-with-bodyguard/22492?nc

Tita9499 Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:24am
post #140 of 346

Nevermind MaryJ, yours trumps mine...they need to get their crap together. No matter how much she gets on my nerves, the last thing I would wish on anyone (especially those precious babies) is to be going through this. It's so sad.

summernoelle Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:29am
post #141 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

OMG X 100!

A video of Kate's brother and SIL telling their business...

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/05/exclusive-interview-jon-and-kate-shocker-her-brother-says-their-marriage-over

OMG! icon_eek.gif

Seriously, what selfish idiots they are! These are not props. They are not CGI. The 8 creatures are people. Do either of them even realize that? I am disgusted.

Tita9499 Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:35am
post #142 of 346

To them they're no longer people, they've become paychecks.

summernoelle Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:42am
post #143 of 346

Octomom anyone?

cakes22 Posted 14 May 2009 , 11:52am
post #144 of 346

What's good for the goose is good for the gander....

just sayin'

all those little gosling's (spelled to keep with the goose theme icon_wink.gif ) are going to be messed up!!!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 14 May 2009 , 7:21pm
post #145 of 346

sheesh .. that pretty much left me speechless ... actually I could say a lot about this, but ....

Shelle_75 Posted 15 May 2009 , 3:43am
post #146 of 346

HO-LY crap!

cakes22 Posted 15 May 2009 , 11:50am
post #147 of 346

GMA had a segment on them this morning. Had Kate's bro on and Aunt Jodi. He was basically saying that Kate told Jon a while ago that it was over & he pleaded with them to do what is right for the kids. GMA showed clips from Kate when she was on Larry King and she said that they are dealing with their issues but they aren't going to stop the show, as she feels that the family has benefited from having the show and that the show is about life lessons icon_confused.gif Kate's bro also said it takes the crew about 8 hours of filming to find 15 minutes of J & K not arguing.

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 17 May 2009 , 12:45am
post #148 of 346

Just saw the magazines with J&K 'news' on the covers... thought of this thread. The whole thing just disgusts me.

(cakes22, is that a new signature? I love it, and I haven't noticed it before! made me lol! icon_smile.gif )

Shelle_75 Posted 17 May 2009 , 1:56am
post #149 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsisof3kids

Just saw the magazines with J&K 'news' on the covers... thought of this thread. The whole thing just disgusts me.

Me, too. And I'll betcha it gets worse before it gets better.

CAKEtankerous Posted 17 May 2009 , 8:16am
post #150 of 346

Sadly enough their lives will more than likely end up being nothing more than a media circus. At this point in time, I can't see the media and paparazzi leaving them alone any time soon. They are going to be dragged through the mud so much, they'll be picking it out of the orifices for months and years to come. They've created a monster that will not die any time soon, that's for sure. And the children and family members that so love these kids and inspite of themselves, love john and kate also are the only people I truly feel sorry for. They were the only people who had no voice in the matter and in how it would affect all of them. They just couldn't handle the fame at all. So very sad.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%