I've Resorted To Desperate Measures

Lounge By cakesbycathy Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 1:07am by bizatchgirl

Melony Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melony Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 11:38pm
post #31 of 395

I'm 38 and feel I should be ashamed of myself for having impure thoughts about a 22 year old. hahahahahaha I asked my husband if I could start calling him Edward and he wasn't too keen on that idea. LOL I don't know what the big deal is...My husbands middle name is Edward...hahahahaha

But seriously.....I loved the movie and I'm really enjoying the book....I'm still on the first one...I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who is overly obsessed.

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:45am
post #32 of 395

I'm 36 and I thought Daniel Radcliff (harry potter) was cute in the last HP movie, but Edward.........yummy yum yum!
I think I need to go have a shower.......... icon_eek.gif

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:58am
post #33 of 395

The actor that plays Edward is yummy, isn't he?

I read the first book because I had nothing new to read and wanted to curl up with a book. I borrowed it from my 14 year old. The next day, after having read it all night, I went out and bought the other 3 books "for my daughter". She was surprised at the unexpected "gift". lol.

After spending the first 30 minutes of the movie getting used to the actors not being as the characters in my head were, I really enjoyed it.

Maria_Campos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria_Campos Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 1:03pm
post #34 of 395

I absolutely loved all 4 books!!!!! My 2 daughters and I are obsessed to the point we find some way to bring Forks in to our daily routine and find us saying things like thats so Jacob or "stop looking at my plate of food like your Edward smelling Bella for the first time!" and then we would grab the side of the table and stare at the plate in chagrin LMAO!!!!

Oh by the way Midnight Sun... yea I was up till like 4am when I first read it and could not turn off the computer till I got to the very end. it's horrible how additive these books are, just as addictive as CC!!!http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

And I hated the movie, Rosalie did not fit for me, and the makeup, cinematographer, score, soundtrack, and script sucked and hard, the only thing that worked was the location and SOME of the characters. like Laurent for instance I just did not picture him being African American with locs, for some reason I pictured him French and European looking...

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:27pm
post #35 of 395

I LOVED the books. Got my niece into them, another one of my assistants, my friend... We were passing around the books so much we just left them on the front counter for about 3 weeks, and I swear I sold a wedding cake because of it. The bride saw that I had them, asked if I was reading them, and we proceeded to have a 20 minute discussion about the books. At the end, she handed me her credit card!

stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:49am
post #36 of 395

I just picked up the first book today from the library. I think I've already read about a third of it. I looked at the clock at 3 and next thing I knew, my dd was saying, I'm hungry, at 5:30.

It is hard to put down! I don't want to read this whole thread and get ahead of myself, But I'm loving it!

thepinklotusstore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thepinklotusstore Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 2:46am
post #37 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melony

I'm 38 and feel I should be ashamed of myself for having impure thoughts about a 22 year old. hahahahahaha I asked my husband if I could start calling him Edward and he wasn't too keen on that idea.

That is absolutely HILARIOUS!!!!! I'm so freggin glad I'm not alone!!! I was soo hoping Rob Pattinson would be around 28 or 30 (right before I researched him online and found out he's 23 darn) !!
But honestly reading the book makes butterflies in my stomach, mmm I WANT AN EDWAAARRD SO BADD!!!!!!!!

TO QUOTE cakes22:

I also think I need to go have a shower.......... icon_redface.gif hehehehe

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:11am
post #38 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinklotusstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melony

I'm 38 and feel I should be ashamed of myself for having impure thoughts about a 22 year old. hahahahahaha I asked my husband if I could start calling him Edward and he wasn't too keen on that idea.

That is absolutely HILARIOUS!!!!! I'm so freggin glad I'm not alone!!! I was soo hoping Rob Pattinson would be around 28 or 30 (right before I researched him online and found out he's 23 darn) !!
But honestly reading the book makes butterflies in my stomach, mmm I WANT AN EDWAAARRD SO BADD!!!!!!!!

TO QUOTE cakes22:

I also think I need to go have a shower.......... icon_redface.gif hehehehe

Um...yeah..interesting conversation I jumped in on..wow icon_eek.gif Anyways my 2 cents is that i'm only 25 so technically I wouldn't be robbing the cradle, plus, there is NOTHING wrong with robbing the cradle ladies. Just my opinion. LOL

thepinklotusstore Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:15am
post #39 of 395

Hahaha, dat so true hun!!!! I mean nowadays what's 4 or 5 years older?? You see Demi and Ashton, they're happy right??? HAHAHA I hope my DH doesn't ever find this thread LOL Rob here I come!!! LMAO

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:15am
post #40 of 395

Um...yeah..interesting conversation that jumped in on..wow icon_eek.gif Anyways my 2 cents is that i'm only 25 so technically I wouldn't be robbing the cradle, plus, there is NOTHING wrong with robbing the cradle ladies. Just my opinion. LOL[/quote]

Yea - I totally agree!!

I was 30 when I met my husband and he was only 24 - I kept telling my friend that I was going to go to jail or Hell for Child Abuse!! But many years later - I'm still 6 years older and we are happy as can be!

Feel free to lust away after Edward or the actor playing Edward! haha!

jer702 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:17am
post #41 of 395

LMAO

jer702 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:20am
post #42 of 395

I'm guessing its the years of experience ((cough)) that they like.

thepinklotusstore Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:21am
post #43 of 395

YOU KNOW ITTTTT!! tsk tsk
PS: Janel, I love St Augustine!! Went there a few times cause I lived (10 months ago moved to NC) in Gainesville, Gator country babyyyyyy....

jer702 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:23am
post #44 of 395

I like your title at the bottom Twilight a holic.

thepinklotusstore Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:26am
post #45 of 395

Just changed it too...Had to include my love of twilight in my signature! LOL

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:27am
post #46 of 395

i haven't read the book, but everyone I know is obssessed with it...

jer702 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:29am
post #47 of 395

I actually just saw the movie last weekend and have intentions of reading it, but I sure will now after reading this thread icon_twisted.gif

tguegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tguegirl Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:33am
post #48 of 395

i stayed up all night reading the last book (started reading it at 10 pm- what a mistake!) and was quite useless in my law school classes the next day.

although i was disappointed in the movie. but the books are great!

thepinklotusstore Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:34am
post #49 of 395

Darn, I need a life, I have school tommorrow, I need to go to bed icon_cry.gif

Oh and Heck to the yeah if u gals out there haven't read it u SO need to start reading it like right now, u will very soon join us, I absolutely guarantee it!!! I haven't read a book in YEAAAARS... And these have me so hooked it's not even funny!!!

jdconcc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdconcc Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 7:53am
post #50 of 395

OMG, was so busy reading this didin't hear my dd get into the spare room where I keep all my dummy cakes, she has destroyed the topper on my daisy cake and pulled apart the groom off another one ARGGGHHH! I just have to be thankful it wasn't much worse. I couldn't even shout at her it was my fault for neglecting her, she's only 19 months. Oh well, I guess lesson learnt.... or not as I'm still here... going now honestly icon_lol.gif

jer702 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:21pm
post #51 of 395

awww poor thing. She was definately trying to teach you a lesson.

thepinklotusstore Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 11:54pm
post #52 of 395

hahahhaa gosh sounds like me icon_redface.gif
Oh and u guys should check out (if u haven't already) Bella's Lullaby, OMG it's soo beautiful, I mean I can imagine Edward playing it for her ****SIGH*****

U should check them out hehehe

jer702 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 1:34am
post #53 of 395

So I just listened to a few of the tracks on youtube. Now, I can't get over the fact that ALL this voice is coming out of that little body...WOW!! Very soulful and I would definitely have to pick myself up from falling over on the floor if I heard him singing. WOW...I have to agree with the the cold shower now tapedshut.gif

jer702 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 1:34am
post #54 of 395

Sorry Double post

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 2:26am
post #55 of 395

I'm 34, my name is Kristy, and I'm a Twilight (vampire) addict!

ok, so I'm going to blab forever because you guys gave me the opening for my current favorite subject icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

2005 -Twilight came out. 12 yo sis tells me about this book she wants me to buy for her. Cover has hands holding an apple. I keep an eye out for it (passively) any time I'm near books, don't put any effort into it, never find it.

Fast forward to 2008- someone's talking about this book, like the best book ever and something connects and I'm thinking wait a minute, is this the book with the apple? the book my sis wanted that I ignored is something special??

Breaking Dawn is released and books 2-4 are everywhere, still no flipping book with the apple!!!! Go to Missouri on vacation. Find the book with the apple. Yay! Buy book 1 and 2 for (now 15yo sis) for her birthday. Read her birthday books while on vacation, taking them EVERYWHERE I go. Car, dinner, bed. Refuse to buy 3 and 4 so I don't make my luggage overweight or spoil the rest of my vacation.

Come home, re-buy book 1 and 2 for sis, because my copies are MINE. Buy and read book 3 and 4 (1 day each). Decide to buy book 1 and 2 for my BFF for her birthday, only to find out that while I was on vacation, just about every female in my office discovered and read all 4 books, just in the two weeks I was gone!

Now my copies have all made the rotation through the office. Each of my 4 books has been read like 6 times. Book 4 is still loaned out.

Oh, and how to tell if you're a newly turned vampire addict:
Start watching all seasons of Angel (check)
Watch True Blood until it goes on hiatus and leaves you dry (check)
Read all books True Blood is based on (make that 8 checks)
Critique every single discrepancy between various vampire universes
(how do you kill a vampire---not by staking it, duh!)
Start picturing real life situations with vampires in them (um, no check
here, this was 30 yo sis)

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I highly recommend True Blood and the books for all of you Twilight fans that are having serious withdrawals. Just know that the books (Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris) are much more adult and dark and graphic than Twilight, but still some serious Vampire-human romance going on!!!!!!!

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 2:56am
post #56 of 395

ok Ill join in

HI my name is kayla and im obssessed OBSSESSED icon_wink.gif with anything twilight.

I cant wait for new moon to come out

Ive read all 4 books like a year ago and im sooo happy they are making the movies.

The ablum is awesome btw

I recomend Lynsay Sands, the Argeneau series . Those books are soo funny, its like a vampire comedy

Lynsay sands is more on the adult side

But if you looking for something cleaner you should check out L.J. Smith / lisa jane smith. Theres The Vampire Diaries and The Night World series

I pefer the Night World series

abruntz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abruntz Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 3:11am
post #57 of 395

OMG I thought that maybe I was alone in the twilight world, thanks so much for starting this forum. I cannot get enough of the books, my friend has them now and I feel awkward like something is missing because I would pick them up and read certain parts when I was feeling a little depressed after reading all of them in less than a week. I am not much of a reader either but these were absolutely intriguing. My daughter and I went and stood in line to purchase the movie the night is was released at wal-mart. So now that we have the movie I wait until my hubby goes to sleep then sneak up and watch what I can of the movie. This is just nuts Does Stephanie Meyer know what she did to all of us really? then you know she started the 5th book Midnight sun (Edwards Version) it was leaked on the internet then she didn't know if she would release it or not.. but she posted like 200 odd pages and I also read those then was sad that it was over....what to do what to do. I am just glad you all are here to sympathize with me a 34 year old crazy lady over this twilight saga.

thepinklotusstore Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 3:20am
post #58 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by abruntz

I am just glad you all are here to sympathize with me a 34 year old crazy lady over this twilight saga.

Hahahaha, we should start a " Crazy Twilight lady" club!!! Cause that's me too hahahaha I would luuuuuv to write Stephanie and just tell her what she's done to us!!! seriously, I don't think she ever imagined what this would turn into!
I mean the way she describes Edward in the book is just too much for my poor little heart to take!! no matter what our age we all want that amazing romance that Bella and Edward have! The fact that he is a Vamp is just the "Icing on the cake"!!!! (pun intended) hahahahaaa

abruntz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abruntz Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 3:28am
post #59 of 395

Ok I am with you the pinklotusstore lets do start the crazy ladies club I am all for it. And if you all find a way to contact Stephanie Meyers let me know I am in and I will write to her as well.....

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 3:37am
post #60 of 395

She's from Scottsdale, which is only about a 20 minute drive from me. If only I knew exactly where....

I keep hoping she'll come to my local favorite bookstore and do a signing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%