Finally Got A Backbone!!!! (Super Long Vent)

Decorating By summernoelle Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 12:55am by sarahcupcake

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 2:02pm
post #91 of 115

summernoelle, Thanks for sharing instructions on the armadillo...I so love him!

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 6:30pm
post #92 of 115

Congratulations on creating two beautiful cakes! Don't let her win though! If you generally like doing wedding cakes, don't let her ruin that for you. By giving them up because of this bad experience, she'll have set out to do what she intended. To make you feel as miserable as she does and in that, giving up a piece of your passion.

Shame on her!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 11:37pm
post #93 of 115

Thank you Shill!

Late Wednesday, still nothing! Woohoo!

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 11:50am
post #94 of 115

Your cakes were great. I even looked at your blog & you are very talented in cakes & writing, I loved it. I think you put her in her place & she doesn't have the nerve to come back at you. Don't think she'll do it.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 7:21pm
post #95 of 115

THAT'S MY GIRL!!
I'm so proud of you Summer. It's good to see that you are standing up for yourself and not allowing people to talk down to you. You GO GIRL!
You're official Bronx girl certificate will be in the mail!

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 7:39pm
post #96 of 115

Your cake is absolutely gorgeous! And it IS red. The armadillo rocks! He is so cute. You are a fabulous decorator. I'm so glad you stood up for yourself. They had no right to treat you like that. Just know that people like that are miserable in life. They make every situation into something negative.

Bakki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakki Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 7:08am
post #97 of 115

RED? RED??!!! If thats NOT RED then I must be colour blind!!

WHAT??...JUST What was she thinking! Prolly the stress of the day! Ppl can get so sour under pressure of wanting perfection. And EVEN when its under their very noses, they cant see that EVERYthing IS ALREADY perfect cos they are blinded by the light!
They find themselves insignificant & therefore must fuss & whinge & moan & thrust their voice over everyone to show they are in control & important. And that it is becos of this CARRY ON behaviour that ANYTHING PERFECT CAN BE ACHIEVED... All their moaning & screaming & pushing about the way at ppl make things get done & THATS how they honestly think the day becomes wonderful & memorable & magical & PERFECT!

Stupid ppl!
I wouldve bit my lip hard & pushed the cake off the table & told her to learn respect!

Or thats at least what the fantasy side of me wouldve loved to see happen!
GOOD on you for standing up to her! She NEEDed that & you prolly did them a service to shut her up a tad!

DO NOT however let this RULE your head as a fear to creating other wonderful pieces like that for weddings!! REALLY DONT!
You have FAR TOO MUCH to offer the world of brides than to let it cringe away into corner of one bad experience ruled by a stupid old incredibly rude & disrespectful Matriach who prolly was desparate to do something to help but whom prolly wasnt even involved in any of the decision making!

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 7:31am
post #98 of 115

Love the cakes - they are stunning. You handled yourself well. What an old biddie - but I am with you. I will not let anyone wring me out by screaming at me. I bend over backwards to make sure my cakes are what they ordered and I love doing this but so sorry...I would be like you told her, I could certainly take the cake home and refund the money! It wouldn't be any skin off of my backside. What an old battle ax

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 8:06am
post #99 of 115

To me, the bows don't look red BUT I have a belly cake and I KNOW it's red, and everyone else thinks it's pink. So, I believe you over what the pic and my eyes are telling me icon_biggrin.gif

And...like everyone before me has said: Great job on the cakes, great job on standing up for yourself. You gave just the right amount of sass. Enough to show you meant business, but not enough to cross that line and sink down to her level.

Great job! Can I borrow some of that moxy for dealing with jerks at work?

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 9:21pm
post #100 of 115

those cakes are so beautiful! people get so uptight about weddings - its supposed to be a happy time not a complete nightmare worrying and critising every detail and having sleepless nights about napkins and stuff. people should just take a leaf out of my book -15 people at city hall all done and dusted in 30 minutes! the best thing about marriage is BEING MARRIED not the wedding day, i just cant understand these crazy bridezillas!

sunnybono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunnybono Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 9:44pm
post #101 of 115

Great job!!! I don't do weddings either...too much stress. But your red is great and that armadillo is awesome.

pkinkema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pkinkema Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 10:23pm
post #102 of 115

IMHO you just earned your "Cake Balls"! thumbs_up.gif

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 10:29pm
post #103 of 115

Just gotta say...good for you.

It doesn't sound like you were disrespectful. Firm--yes. Disrespectful--no. And, the cakes are fabulous!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 10:41pm
post #104 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkinkema

IMHO you just earned your "Cake Balls"! thumbs_up.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Luv this! Can you imagine a little Cake Balls trophy that we give to each other on stuff like this!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

bankingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bankingatthebeach Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 6:42pm
post #105 of 115

The cake is lovely. Being an ICU nurse, I usually dont take alot of crap, and believe me, the docs like to try to dish it out. I just walk away, I probably wouldnt have said a word, just picked up the cake, walked out, and take it to work (because us nurses love to eat!). Then send them a refund. You go girl!

abw2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abw2005 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 6:49pm
post #106 of 115

Your cakes are amazing! Don't give up on weddings, to me they are some of the best cakes to do, and people deserve to see your talent! Good job on telling her off, I wouldn't have been as nice as you! icon_smile.gif

Liniti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liniti Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 10:09pm
post #107 of 115

I think both of your cakes were wonderful! I hope to someday be half as good as you and all the other cake decorators on this site!
If that old lady relative is still as mouthy as she was the day of the wedding and still around causing trouble.....I'm sure the couple have already divorced! icon_evil.gif

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 2:42pm
post #108 of 115

You have serious talent. dont let one incident decide your future career. Good luck!

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:24am
post #109 of 115

You did great!!!! Sometimes people keep getting humilitated and mistreated, and dont even defend themselves!!! I can imagine that lady's face when you said you would take the cake with you!!! icon_smile.gif

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 3:38pm
post #110 of 115

GOod for you, standing up for yourself! Also, thanks for posting the armadillo cake, my cousin wants one this summer for her reception so its good to know how to do it! Your cakes are awesome and im so happy you stood up for yourself!

eatCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatCakes Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 5:26am
post #111 of 115

I don't even know if this will get read or not, but I wanted to say that both of those cakes are *gorgeous*!! Seriously, amazing work, and I'm so glad you stood up for yourself!

iownajane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iownajane Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:17pm
post #112 of 115

Both of your cakes are drop dead gorgeous...that woman should be committed somewhere...don't you dare give them a cent back...there's no reason..if the bows aren't red ,I don't know what she'd call them
Maybe she can't see clearly...(can't read emails) You were absolutely right to tell her to back off...I can only wonder how the "groom" is dealing with his new family icon_wink.gif l:

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 11:18pm
post #113 of 115

Haha-I had no idea this thread was still going. Thanks to all for the nice comments. icon_biggrin.gif They never contacted me after the wedding. But getting some distance from it, I just know deep down that they were going after every single vendor so they could get refunds and discounts. I knew from the get go they would be hard to deal with, so next time I will just listen to my gut, no matter how much they are paying.

The wedding thing isn't because of this one woman, just due to brides in general. The whole princess/bridezilla thing drives me nuts. And birthdays are soooo much less trouble.

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:54pm
post #114 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

you can only bite your tongue so much before you end up with permanent damage!!!

Ha!!! That needs to be on a t-shirt!!! icon_lol.gif

Yep....definately red to me. thumbs_up.gif

Wiki says 285 shades of red to the naked eye. icon_rolleyes.gif She should have been more specific.

I hate it how people like this don't think before they speak. They don't realise that what they say can affect the course of peoples lives. I know you said it isn't just this one lady, but she would have been the straw that broke the camels back. I hope you don't look back one day and think " I would be still doing that today but......."

Would your cakes be anything but beautiful? Na!!
icon_biggrin.gif

sarahcupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahcupcake Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:55am
post #115 of 115

Your cakes are beautiful! Wedding cakes are stressful anyway, having everyone watch you like a monkey in the zoo while you set up and put on the finishing touches, much less having someone scream at you and bring in others to help her remember anything nasty she may have forgotten to say. You did a great job handling the situation!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%