Help! Gourmet Flavors????

Decorating By tcakes65 Updated 9 Dec 2023 , 8:26pm by MacsMom

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 5:21pm
post #991 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffla

It was so funny to read the explanation and recipe for the pistachio caramel cardamon cake. The whole time I was reading about duffs favorite flavor on this thread, I felt silly because I was pretty sure he said pistachio caramel, not cardamon. glad I wasnt alone. Are we sure which one is right? I checked his flavor list but neither is on there.

Sounds great, and I am looking forward to trying your hybrid recipe!!

I hope I can see the episode again because I swear they say 'caramel'.

Cardamom is the bomb....the smell is very strong but once cooked on the cake...awesome!

farmom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmom3 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 5:21pm
post #992 of 6536

OK OK i NEED YOUR HELP
I JUST CALL Amoretti! and they aks me what flavore I want icon_confused.gif
I don't have any Idea she told me send me thier cataloge and I can chose ,any Idea ?????
please which flavor you like most ??? and sugest ??
thank you very much

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 5:21pm
post #993 of 6536

Macsmom..can you post the recipe to your Funky Monkey cake. Thanks

JawdroppingCakes Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 5:23pm
post #994 of 6536

Lindambc...on your strawberry cheesecake cake that you have the picture posted for, how did you make the vanilla bean whipped topping?

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 5:48pm
post #995 of 6536

MacsMom .. Have a great Birthday ! icon_biggrin.gifparty.gif
Thanks for all the great recipes and tips!

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 5:52pm
post #996 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawdroppingCakes

Lindambc...on your strawberry cheesecake cake that you have the picture posted for, how did you make the vanilla bean whipped topping?

I used Frosting Pride Whipped Topping, I buy it frozen at Smart n Final. I whipped it and added vanilla bean paste to it.

HTH

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 5:59pm
post #997 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeGrlPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffla

It was so funny to read the explanation and recipe for the pistachio caramel cardamon cake.

I hope I can see the episode again because I swear they say 'caramel'.

Cardamom is the bomb....the smell is very strong but once cooked on the cake...awesome!

Lol! If you do a search you'll find a ton of recipes for pistacchio cardamom, so it's not all that rare. I can't wait to try it, but I think I should buy a new bottle of spice - I've had it for several years and never used it icon_confused.gif

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 6:07pm
post #998 of 6536

Happy Birthday MacsMom!!!! party.gifprincess.gifbirthday.gif

kpry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kpry Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 6:08pm
post #999 of 6536

Happy Birthday MacsMom! It is also my daughter's birthday and I am making the tuxedo cake for her!

Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. So many keep their recipes to themselves!

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 6:21pm
post #1000 of 6536
Quote:

Macsmom..can you post the recipe to your Funky Monkey cake. Thanks

Funky Monkey assembly by macsmom

I bake banana and peanut butter cakes. Torte each 2" cake in half so I have 3 or 4 one inch cake layers and 2 or 3 filling layers, depending on the overall design of the cake (height of tiers).

For cakes with 3 different fillings, I torte them in thirds and use the extra third as part of my dam. (For my dam, I mix cake crumbs into buttercream--it's nice and strong and the customer still gets a mouthfull of cake).

To fill, I put the the same filling and cake flavors together for the most part. Here is how my funky monkey is stacked:

banana cake
PB filling
peanut butter cake
banana filling
banana cake
fudge filling
peanut butter cake

Just go with your gut. Think about how you would like the flavors together if you had a slice on your plate.

Banana cake

1 box white mix
1 box banana cake mix
1 package banana pudding
2 1/4 cup cake flour
2 1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 containers banana yogurt
6 eggs
1-1/3 cup vanilla coffee creamer
1-1/3 cup water
1 T vanilla
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 very ripe bananas

Peanut Butter Cake

2 pkgs white cake mix
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups coffee creamer
1 c upsbutter, softened
8 egg whites

The peanut butter cake rises a lot, so careful not to fill your pans too full. And just to be sure everyone saw my note; use white cake mix--not butter recipe yellow--for the peanut butter cake.

Peanut Butter Filling(aka PB Mousse):

1 jar creamy peanut butter (2 c)
2 pkgs cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups Bettercreme

Estimated 8 cups

Fudge Filling

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 c corn syrup
3 bags chocolate chips
1 c buttercream or chocolate frosting (to make it more spreadable)

Beat butter, PS, and corn syrup. Melt chocolate; blend into butter mixture with buttercream. It gets thicker as it cools.

I don't have banana filling, maybe macsmom can post it.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 6:30pm
post #1001 of 6536

It is so totally amazing to me to see how generous is with their recipes, tips, etc... on this site... absolutely amazing!!!!

Thank you for sharing sooooo much info!!

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 6:32pm
post #1002 of 6536

HAPPYP BIRTHDAY!!! MACS MOM, hope someone bakes you a birthday cake!

justsweet Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 6:45pm
post #1003 of 6536

Macsmom -
can you post your recipes for:

Banana creme
Vanilla creame
cherry cake

Did you think you would get to rest on your BIRTHDAY (just kidding)

How is your bday going

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

justsweet Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:01pm
post #1004 of 6536

OK, just shoot me

Have another question

Orange, pineapple, banana and chocolate cheesecake.

It this your mock cheesecake and you add extract or pudding flavors.

Thanks a lot

malishka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malishka Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:06pm
post #1005 of 6536

Chiara and Macsmom, thank you for the tips. Now I have to go and find all the non-dairy substitutions for them.

On a different note, I filled out the contact sheet on amoretti's web site. Hopefully they will call soon. Do I give them a list of what I want to try? I have a pretty long list of about 25 different flavors. I think I would be embarrased to ask for all of these.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:28pm
post #1006 of 6536

Ok guys, I just came across something that I've never seen or heard of before. At my local Commissary, I found a small plastic jar with a powder inside and it is labeled Creamsicle fruit dip. You need to add this powdered mixture to cream cheese and whipped topping and it can be used as a filling, I was told. I believe that it is put out by Chesapeake Bay and it comes in many different flavors. I recall seeing Keylime Pie and Boston Cream pie, etc. Has anyone ever heard of these? I probably should have picked one up, it was only 2.99. I've got to go back next week so I'm gonna pick up one or two and see how it whips up. Sounds interesting....

MacsMom Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 9:58pm
post #1007 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsweet

OK, just shoot me

Have another question

It this your mock cheesecake and you add extract or pudding flavors.

Thanks a lot

Banana creme - CountryKitchenSA.com icon_wink.gif
Vanilla creame - Bettercreme with vanilla added to it, not whipped too thick.
cherry cake - WASC with 2 drams LoRann cherry flavor and pink food coloring. icon_rolleyes.gif

Orange, pineapple, banana and chocolate cheesecake.
I beat the white chocolate truffle filling til creamy and fold in whipped Bettercreme, then flvor it with LoRann.

I like things as simple as possible icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

JawdroppingCakes Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 10:06pm
post #1008 of 6536

Thank you so much justsweets and lindambc for the help.

MacsMom Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 10:08pm
post #1009 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut

Ok guys, I just came across something that I've never seen or heard of before. At my local Commissary, I found a small plastic jar with a powder inside and it is labeled Creamsicle fruit dip. You need to add this powdered mixture to cream cheese and whipped topping and it can be used as a filling, I was told. I believe that it is put out by Chesapeake Bay and it comes in many different flavors. I recall seeing Keylime Pie and Boston Cream pie, etc. Has anyone ever heard of these? I probably should have picked one up, it was only 2.99. I've got to go back next week so I'm gonna pick up one or two and see how it whips up. Sounds interesting....

That's right up my alley! I'll have to look for it. Was it by the puddings or cake mixes...?

JawdroppingCakes Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 10:10pm
post #1010 of 6536

Macsmom....I have one more request. I have just been asked to make a strawberry cake with strawberry filling and strawberry frosting. How would be the best way to come about it. I will make the strawberry version of the WASC that you have posted but I wanted to try your strawberry fields recipe. Your strawberry cheesecake....how did you make it and do you put the puree right on top of that? Would it taste good to cover the whole thing in strawberry buttercream since the cake will be covered in fondant. Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your help.

MacsMom Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 10:22pm
post #1011 of 6536
Quote:

Macsmom....I have one more request. I have just been asked to make a strawberry cake with strawberry filling and strawberry frosting. How would be the best way to come about it. I will make the strawberry version of the WASC that you have posted but I wanted to try your strawberry fields recipe. Your strawberry cheesecake....how did you make it and do you put the puree right on top of that? Would it taste good to cover the whole thing in strawberry buttercream since the cake will be covered in fondant. Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your help.

The strawberry cheesecake is the white chcolate truffle filling beat a long time to get it nice and creamy, then I fold in Bettercreme and add strawberry extract or a drm of LoRann strawberry. It's also very good with strawberry pastry filling or even strawberry preserves folded in.

That is a new thing, actually, since I wasn't happy with my old method of beating cheesecake pudding into Bettercreme and adding cream cheese to it. The white chocolate gives it a better texture, more similar to cheesecake than a thick mousse.

Oh, and yes, I spread the fruit filling right on top of the "cheesecake". Use a good, strong dam, though! Fruit filling on top of another filling makes those tortes slippery.

Chiara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chiara Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 10:24pm
post #1012 of 6536

https://www.chesapeakebayshorethings.com/default.asp

Hopefully I have posted the web site correctly. The Chesapeake Bay Shore Things site sells various mixes.

For Sweet they offer:

Dutch chocolate cheese cake
Lemon cheese cake
Pumpkin cheese cake
peach cheese cake
strawberry cheese cake
They are $3.50 per pkg. & they are 1.5 oz each.

I hope this adds to people's choices.

lovelytee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovelytee Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 10:27pm
post #1013 of 6536

Happy Birthday MacsMom! Forty is the new twenty icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 10:41pm
post #1014 of 6536

Just needed to chim in here with a HAPPY BIRTHDAY for MacsMom. Enjoy your day and thanks for all of these awsome recipes and all of your help!!!!!!!!!

calivettie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calivettie Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 10:48pm
post #1015 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

...I should give him my recipe file and tell him to pick one and bake it icon_cool.gif

icon_lol.gif I say do it!

And its wednesday....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 11:03pm
post #1016 of 6536

I received my Amoretti samples today. To the OP that let us know about this company thank you.

Thank you to: MacsMom for the recipes and the help, the ladies who update the google docs and to everyone else who contribute to this forum.

I will be trying MacsMom Rainbow cake for my DS's 9th Birhtday Party next weekend. I will try to convince my DS to try one of the flavors in his cake. He is very particular in what he wants. He found the cake idea from this site. Even he knows to go to CC when he wants something baked.

Ok here is what I got in alphabetical order. 36 items in the sample pack and 7 in the bonus pack for a total of 43 items.

1  Almond Modeling Paste

2  Amaretto di Amoretti Liquer Flambe

3  Banana Compound

4  Blackberry Compound

5  Blanched Almond Flour

6  Blueberry Compound

7  Boysenberry Compound

8  Cajeta Compound

9  Cappuccino-Tiramisu Compound

10  Crema di Vanilla Compound

11  Crème brulee Compound

12  Crème de Vanilla Syrup

13  Eggnog Compound

14  Grand Orange VSOP Liquer Flambe

15  Hazelnut Praline

16  Hazelnut Praline Compound

17  Hazelnut Pralinosa

18  Kahlua "Type" mCompound

19  Key Lime Compound

20  Lemon Compound

21  Lemon Meringue Ganache

22  Mango Compound

23  Maraschino "Bing" Cherry Extract

24  Maraschino Compound

25  Mocha "Expresso" Oil Soluble

26  Moiito Libre Experience

27  Natural Crème Brulee Extract

28  Natural Hazelnut Flour

29  NaturalPistachio Flour

30  Orange Compound

31  orange Zest Oil Extract

32  Oregano Oil Extract

33  Passion Fruit Compound

34  Passion Fruit Swirl Flavoring, Glazing, Marbelizing

35  Pineapple Compound

36  Pineapple Edible Perfume Spray w/pump

37  Pistachio Compound

38  Premium Blanched Almond Paste

39  Raspberry Compound

40  Raspberry Extract

41  Vanilla Extract with Specks of MadagascarBourbon

42  Wild Strawberry Compound

43  White Modeling Almond Marzipan

I won't say how many times I had to repost this entire thing. Note to self, start my typing in word and save it there. Then copy and paste so that I don't have to say tapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.gif when I lose it because I forgot to log in to CC after I logged out by acccident and didn't notice.

Here is my pic.
LL

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:08am
post #1017 of 6536

Chiara that IS the product that I saw today. A lady was buying some and I asked her about them and she said that she uses it for her cake fillings and talked about how great they are. I don't know why in the world I didn't pick one up today. Actually, I do know, my hubby was there and being impatient as usual icon_rolleyes.gif I figured I'd get some next week when I go back. I think I'll get the dreamsicle. I'll let everyone know how it is when I make it up.
macsmom - they really weren't in a specific area of the store. They were kind of on an end shelf all by itself. Kinda like maybe they just got them in and didn't have any place else to put them. It does sound promising though.

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:16am
post #1018 of 6536

I found it!!! I went to a gourmet store near me and found madagascar vanilla bean paste. I'm so excited. Now I have to figure out how to use it. I know I can add it to frosting and bettercreme but has anyone tried adding it to cake. I want to use this tomorrow anyone have any recipes that taste devine so I can try my new treasure.

Karema

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:19am
post #1019 of 6536

Thanks so much for sharing such amazing flavors! My client just called and she wants " Poppy seed" flavor cake!! Any ideas/recipes you have? I have never done a poppyseed cake!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:20am
post #1020 of 6536

I'm always trying to come up w/ shelf stable fillings for my cakes. I like to offer a variety & have been trying for a cream cheese that doesn't taste fake.

Well, here was my try. I weighed in smaller quantities so I can increase & not just add here & there until I get it right. You may or may not like it, but I was pleased

6 oz whipped buttercream (like WBH)
4 oz canned cream cheese frosting (I used BC)
1/4 tsp (scant) of cream cheese flavor

The texture & taste (to me) were almost exactly like a cream cheese icing--nothing is like the real thing. I'm not sure how long the canned frosting can stay out mixed w/ the buttercream, but assume it's longer than regular cream cheese frosting.

I do know Earlene has a cream cheese icing, but i've yet to find a reason to make 6 qt of the stuff. Can wait for the opportunity though

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%