What's For Supper--New

Lounge By mkolmar Updated 27 May 2011 , 1:11am by mkolmar

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 1:17pm
post #31 of 1314

Hi everyone!

This week is going to be busy for me as well. I have a wedding cake, three birthday cakes, and a tasting. For extra cash, I clean a house every other Thrusday, and wouldn't you know it this is my week to clean.

I think hunting Easter eggs in the snow sounds kinda fun! Very cold but fun. We didn't have snow until easter night and then it didn't stick. We still have a egg hunt on Easter where everyone hunts! The young, the old, and the vistor- everyone must hunt. It is so funny and a great way to work off some of that food! My grandmother cooked our Easter dinner and it was so good!! We are still eating on all the left overs! icon_redface.gif

Oh, I made a chocolate cake to practice making a purse cake with and we have managed to eat it all but one peice... icon_redface.gif It is so good!!

Someone was telling the to make a really good butterpecan cake you mix according to the package and add a container of store bought butter pecan frosting. Well, around here we don't have this. So, I bough a BC chocolate mix and just add a container of chocolate frosting and mixed according to the package and of my gosh....Wonderful!!!

I really want to cook something tonight, but what??? I would like to try something with some Beef. I cook alot with chicken and never with beef. Anyone willing to share any good beef recipes?

Christi, where in KY are you located at?

Well, I am off to eat some breakfast and get to work. I have GOT to clean my kitchen up and get baking!

Happy Baking everyone!

mewie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mewie Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 1:39pm
post #32 of 1314

Hi Everyone-

Hope everyones Easter was great.

We went to my sister-in-laws on Saturday to celebrate with them and had ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, veggies and all kinds of great desserts.

I then came home and put together my Lasagna for late Sunday.

Sunday morning after church myself and my 2 DDs went to my brothers for round two of the same kind of food we had on Saturday.
We came home and sat around and had some wine and relaxed and about 7pm had a small piece of lasagna and some gelato for dessert.

It was a busy, but enjoyable weekend in all.

Yesterday was chicken and broccoli casserole, tonite will probably be leftover Lasagna.

Stay well everyone, enjoy the sunshine!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 9:29pm
post #33 of 1314

Culinarycreations--my mom wanted me to name my business your user name when I was trying to think of a name 1 1/2 years ago. I went with busy bee bakery because my DH named it and am in the process of changing it over to The Little Baker. I still like culinary creations but there is someone with a very close name in the area.
Kay gave us all a wonderful recipe for French dips. Take a 4# rump roast and trim off silver skin and as much fat as possible. Put in a crock pot and add one can of condensed french onion soup and one can beef broth with one 12 oz. beer. Cook on low for 7 hours (It stinks for the first few hours so don't lift that lid) Bake off some hogie rolls that are split open with some butter for about 8-10 minutes until getting toasty. When done cut into pieces (I shave mine kind of thin to thick) Put some of the liquid from the french dips into a small bowl. Add meat to hogie rolls and add bbq sauce and grilled onion if desired. Dip in reserved liquid. My goodness are these good!

Mewie - 2 easter dinners! Now that's great!
Kay--hope things keep going well for you, but slow down some for sanity reasons.

Glad the baby is feeling better Ohara--Is the mom doing any better yet and trying to get him back or is still really messed up?
Christi--I hope you start feeling better soon. I wondered if your regreted the surgery or not, I'm glad you don't.

Tonight is chicken with rice, plantains, coconut rum soaked pineapple and steamed broccholi with cheese sauce.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:12am
post #34 of 1314

Thanks for the recipe, it does sound wonderful!!! I will have to try it, not sure that I can get cream of french onion soup though...I hope I can find it somewhere.

Tonight, I having Sausage and Rice casserole, I am addited to it!! It is just oinion, celery and some mushrooms, cooked sausage, and rice in a baking dish. I mix a can of cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, chicken broth, and cayenne and black pepper. Pour this over and cover with foil, bake about an hour and dive in!! It would also be really good for a breakfast or brunch.

I really have no idea where I got the name from. It just kinda came to. I was working on a class project, we had to form a catering company and our name was catered creations. When I began looking for a name, it just happened. I don't know that many people around me like it, they give me strange looks when I tell them, but I like it.

I have some meat thawing in the fridge for tommorow, I would like to try some stir-fry. I have a recipe that I like but it doesn't make any sauce much, I am thinking I want something that I can serve with rice.

Well time to go check on supper!

mkolmar Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:38am
post #35 of 1314

Culinary creations--It's condensed french onion soup, not cream, you'd probably never be able to find cream of onion. I've never seen that either. icon_wink.gif

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:54am
post #36 of 1314

Can I join the fun...
I made chicken with a BBQ Sweet n Sour sauce, 1 cup BBQ sauce, 1/4 cup Catalina Dressing, 1/4 cup Apricot Jam....
Used chicken drumettes, baked for 20 minutes, then mixed the sauce and poured over, and bake for another 20 minutes.
Delicious over rice....
and I freeze containers for later dinners.

Weather is still cold here, and in some areas, more snow!! tired of travelling in the snow...IT IS SPRING..SOMEBODY FORGOT TO TELL MOTHER NATURE!!
Lorene

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 10:44am
post #37 of 1314

kettlevalleygirl ...WELCOME to the table, it's good to have you. Your recipe sounds good. I agree with you that someone forgot to tell mother nature that it's spring!!!

Christi...I use a box mix for German chocolate cake, as it is only a vessel to hold the coconut pecan icing. Which I do make myself.

culinarycreations....Wow you are busy. Your egg hunt sounds fun.

mewie....your Sunday dinner with your DD's always sounds so nice. I'd come over and relax with a glass of wine. icon_wink.gif They are lucky to have you.

Melissa...the mom is a mess, and not doing anything to get him back. She hasn't seen him in 11 weeks. A very long time since he is only 4 months old. She says that she wants him back, yet she does nothing. I think she will sign him over before to long. But who knows....after doing this for 12 years I usually have a good "feeling" for how these cases will go, however, NOT this time. The case worker is having the same trouble. The next court date is not until November, so it could drag out that long.

Tonight I made meatloaf, baked potatoes, sweet corn, we also had pears.

mkolmar Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 8:36pm
post #38 of 1314

My goodness Ohara 11 weeks with no contact. I couldn't ever imagine doing that. It's a good thing the little guy has your family right now. I would love to be a foster parent but I would probably never be able to give up the baby. I get attached quickly to kids. You are such a wonderful person.

Welcome to the table Kettlevalleygirl! Your meal sounds wonderful, I may make this week.

Tonight will be ham and cheese sandwiches with soup. I have to get started on my project again, hope you all have a wonderful day.

Ohara Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 10:58am
post #39 of 1314

Yesterday was a hard day. Mom did come to visit with the baby. I struggled to have kind words for her. She started out saying how much he's changed in the 5 weeks since she'd seen him icon_eek.gif I just kept my mouth shut. I wanted to say you haven't seen him in 11 wks and he's only 4 months, YES he has changed!! Now she wants him to go to her sister. The agency does place kids with family IF they are checked out and all is fine. Who knows what will happen. I can tell you that crack cocaine destroys lives.

Melissa...I am so attached to the baby that I sit and hold him while he's sleeping sometimes and just weep. I love him so much. I want him to get to have a family that will love and care for him. I know that there is a couple out there who have been waiting for him all their lives. The only control I have is that he is loved and well cared for while he is with us. I have to believe that it will make a difference in his life. Sorry to vent.

Good things about yesterday... After the baby's visit I took the kids to the zoo for the day. It turned out to be a beautiful day ( sunny and 59). All that fresh spring air wore us all out.LOL DH took us out last night so I wouldn't have to cook. We went to a wing place. I had a chicken wrap with tortilla chips.

Tonight I think will be ham with scalloped potatoes. Hope all have a great day. Rain here again for a few days.

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:49am
post #40 of 1314

Hi everyone!

Things have been crazy resently so I have not been able to post, but I kept up by reading.Tuesday I made Spaghetti, Wednesday was Ranch Chicken and tonight we ate the rest of Tuesday's spaghetti.

Janine: sorry it's taking so long for me to post the pictures, the internet has not been working on the computer they are uploaded on but I will try and post them soon.

Ohara: God bless you! I can't imagine being a foster parent, I don't think I could ever be able to do something like that.

Christi: I hope you feel better soon! I will be praying for you.

Sparkle Pop: Glad to see you again! I hope everything calms down soon.

Welcome to kettlevallygirl and culinarycreations!

Hope everyone else is well!

Deborah

Daisys_Cakes Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 6:09pm
post #41 of 1314

Here are the pictures Janine (finally!).
LL
LL
LL
LL

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 8:36am
post #42 of 1314

Hi everyone!

I am sorry for only posting now - but i havent been able to get on to cc for some or other reason - i dont know what was going on - lol

well, let me start out by saying:

kettlevalleygirl - welcome to the table - you are so gonna enjoy being part of this big family - i know i do, these people are amazing!

culinarycreations - your creations sound wonderful - and seems like youre having fun with them - way to go!

mewie - hi and wow, sounds like you were busy, hope you had fun and enjoyed it all.

mkolmar - that recipe sounds devine -mm i think i should try it some time - hopefully soon - is the sun shining there yet???

ohara - wow, i take my hat off to you lady!! you are an amazing woman to do what you do! i have often thought about it, but i dont think my heart could handle having to give back any child - i think i would die! you go girl!! we sure need more people like you in this world!! i pray that little one finds a good loving home - like what you are giving him now! the mom sounds like a ----ch. sorry, i get so angry, why have kids, when you cant or dont want to lookafter them!! you are in my prayers!! and i must add - that i think you are an angel in disguse of a earthly woman! God Bless you and your family and the little one! big hugs

Daisy - hi, thanks for those pics sounds like you had a wonderful time - and i can see why, man i am sooo envious of you - thanks for sharing! hope you have a great weekend further! and keep up the smiles!

kay - hi - hope all is going well with your baking, and that you are coping!! sounds like it is hectic but fun!! big hugs!

well, lets see, last night we had fish with corn on the cob and a yummy potatoe bake, for dessert, we just had chocolate custard - lol

tonight - or maybe this afternoon - because of all the rain comming and going all the time

we want to have a bbq, some steak, with corn on the cob - the rest of the potatoe bake, and maybe a home baked bread, and a mixed sallad

you guys are wonderful - the support at this table is amazing, it is like one big happy family!
Big hugs to all!

mkolmar Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 3:50pm
post #43 of 1314

I've been keeping up with the posts but if I'm MIA for a while you should all probably know it's from my school work. I only have 4 weeks left and the amount of work is unreal! I just have one large individual dessert order for a shoe store due on the 17th and then a wedding cake the next day. I'm in charge of the dessert station for our chapters ACF scholarship dinner on the 20th. Prep will take at least 2 days before then and the day of. There will be about 300 people there and I need to have about 800-1,200 individual desserts available. People usually take about 3 different desserts to try on average at this event. There will be about 9 different desserts to choose from though. We are prepping off location and then picking it up the day of to drive it in. (I have a crew of about 6 volunteers right now.) It is going to be held at a fancy hotel in the area. *I was up for Aspiring Culinarian of the year and withdrew my name. I would rather see someone else earn it since I was rewarded this honor last year. My family yelled at me for withdrawing my name, but I'm still happy that I did.--I nominated someone else in my place and I hope that they get it.--I was asked about running for our chapters office of either secretary or treasure, but I'm not sure about it, that's a huge responsibility.* I have 3 more homework assignments, 2 tests and one large project do for one class and my other classes work also. I feel like screaming right now I'm so stressed. Well I better go my 4 kids want lunch and I need to get my next homework assignment started.
I appreciate everyone of my table friends and can't wait to chat with you all again. God bless you all! ---Melissa

Ohara Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 10:58am
post #44 of 1314

Hello table friends. Well it's another rainy day here. Not sure what today will bring. The baby is supposed to be circumcised today. He has a really bad cold though, so I'm not sure if they will do it. I also am supposed to be packing as we were going to Washington DC tomorrow, for a few days. But I don't know if that will happen either. DD will be so disappointed if we don't go, but I just don't know if I can take the baby. I will have to make that decision today at some point.
Because today will be busy, and not sure how the baby will do, we put dinner in the crock pot. We are having Italian beef sandwiches( very similar to Kay's French dips) So dinner is done and waiting for us. We will have tater tots or chips with them I'm sure.

Janine and Daisy....thank you for your kind words. I am just an average woman who God called to be a foster parent. My DH and I have been foster parents for almost 13 years. My heart has been broken on more than one occasion when a child leaves. However, I still believe that if God calls us to do something he will equip us for the job, and some of the kids leaving is part of the job. I have been blessed to have children by birth, adoption and those who are here just for a little while. In the end the joy out weighs the heart ache icon_wink.gif

Kay...I know you get a chance to read sometimes. I hope you are well. With you being so busy I worry you will get run down and sick. When you get a chance let us know how you are.

Melissa...only 4 weeks. That is wonderful!! You can do it!! We are cheering you on. Take care of yourself. What a selfless thing to remove your name and nominate someone else. Good for you.

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:29am
post #45 of 1314

SWISH!!!!! I was here and now am gone LOL

Everytime I have tried to post it wouldn't work. I don't have time right now..Just telling you all I am trying to keep up with the table when CC lets me LOL

Welcome all the newbies....

If I take to much time with my message it is doesn't post..

Hope to post more soon

Hope everyone is doing OK

mkolmar Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 1:30pm
post #46 of 1314

Swish! Now I'm flying in and out just like my twin Kay!

Last night for dinner I had spinach salad with kidney beans and a hard boiled egg. (I'm trying to eat a little better) The kids had breakfast food.
Day before was herb and garlic marinated chicken breast with cresent rolls, broccholi and cheese, garlic pasta and fruit.

Hope you are all doing well!

kettlevalleygirl Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 1:56pm
post #47 of 1314

Oh my gosh, I finally could get CC on my computer Yay!!! I keep getting emails from CC for all the posts, but can't get on..
We had a shock on Sunday, morning, my daughters, (24) best friend dad died on Saturday night, her mom tried CPR, he passed away I believe Sunday morning...
Brings back a lot of memories, my dad passed away, when I was 20. Everybody is struggling with this, especially my husband in his quiet way.
Bob was only 53 years old...

So meals have been pretty light lately,
One of my favorite, meals, and is very light, is poached salmon, I don't have my poacher (at our city condo), so I wrap it in baking paper, throw water and lemon juice, (you can also add wine, dill, any herbs you want to the liquid), toss the fish in the water so that water covers it, for 6 - 9 minutes depending on the size of fish / especially the thickness. I take it out and make a sauce, with no fat sour cream and chopped up capers, and lemon juce, also add dill or any other flavoring/herb wanted. Added with potatoes, cut in half, bit of oil on the bottom of the pan, flat side down, and baked until done and crispy bottom!

Ohara, it is truly a noble calling to be a foster parent..God Bless you and all the others out there, hope the circumcism went ok, that is not fun...

mkolmar - OK, you make me just plain tired....Good luck with everything you have on the go....

Have a great day everybody, I hope this posts and that I can get back on, I miss CC....
Lorene

Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:19pm
post #48 of 1314

Well I finally managed to get a minute to post back here again. CC has been taking soo long to load whenever I get on that I don't get time to catch up here.
Well I got my cakes finished and got some great compliments and excitingly some more orders, so that will keep me busy.
I see everyone is really busy. How sad Lorene what a shock for everyone but at least it was quick it still doesn't make it any easier. Definitely doing to try your poached salmon sounds yum.
Kay, hope your enjoying your new job, obviously you don't have a lot of time to think about whether you like it or not icon_lol.gif
Ohara, you're doing a great job but it's something only certain people can do and obviously your one of them thumbs_up.gif
Last night for dinner we had Gypsy Chicken, saute bacon, onion, capsicum & mushrooms, add chopped meat from BBQ chicken add 2 tspns of paprika. 300ml of milk with 1 heaped tblspn of cornflour, 1 1/2 tblspns white vinegar, mix, add to chicken mix well, stir until thickened, add small tub of sour cream heat through, don't let this boil again. Serve with rice, nice and easy.
Well gotta go got kids to run to places.
Lyn

Ohara Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:11am
post #49 of 1314

Hello table friends!! It's nice to be here at the table. Long week, here. The baby is still sick. Nasty virus! Lots of it going around here right now. He didn't get to have his circumcision on Monday because he was running a fever. I also made the decision NOT to go to Washington DC. Not fair to anyone to travel with a sick baby, but mostly not fair to the baby. Home is always the best place when your sick. So DH went (because he had business) and I stayed home with the kids. I miss him when he's gone. DD did well with the disappointment of not getting to go. I was real proud of her. You just never know how she will respond. icon_wink.gif

I made breakfast for dinner last night. The kids love it and DH doesn't really so....biscuits and sausage gravy with scrambled eggs.

Tonight was pizza. I used it as a bribe for DD....yes I am a mom who bribes my kids icon_wink.gif

Hopefully this will post....Take care friends....hope to talk to you all soon

mkolmar Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:17am
post #50 of 1314

Hi everyone. Tonight was grilled cheese with other whatevers for dinner. Yep, last minute throw together meal.
*DH had baby portabella mushroom caps cleaned out and drizzled with sun-dried tomato oil, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, sprinkled with a little basil, oregano, onion powder and then loaded with a mixture of grated parm. cheese and mozz. cheese. I bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until done depending on size. Then add the already cooked marinated chicken breast sliced on a diagonal on top of the mushrooms and serve. can also be topped with beef or seafood...or served plain.*
I had celery with peanut butter and raisins on it (ant on a log is what we call them).

I just don't feel like doing school work tonight. I'm burned out!
My order for the 17th was canceled, probably a really good thing since I'm so busy that week. It's actually a blessing. They did place a small order for the 10th though and a large one for the 29th (day before I graduate.) I said yes I could do both. I'm a gluten for punishment with stress icon_lol.gif

Ohara-hope the baby gets better soon.
Sparkle--good to see you at the table again! Missed ya!
Kettlevalleygirl--so sorry for the loss. I couldn't imagine loosing my father at such a young age (or any age for that matter) I hope your daughters best friend remembers the good times with her father and smiles

You all have a blessed week!

kettlevalleygirl Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:01pm
post #51 of 1314

Yesterday, my daughter and I went to a spinning class..(only my third class). I didn't know what that was, it is riding a stationary bike in a class situation). Oh my goodness, what a workout!!
I had lots of paperwork, (office work, strata stuff) to do yesterday, so I sat in our office for 2 hours on the computer....yuk...
Then my daughter and I went to Costco, picked up a few things, and a metal rack on wheels, that I can put in the basement kitchen to cool things, or wait for them to dry!! Yay! We then had a big, no BIG Ice Cream cone, from Costco...figured we deserved it after this mornings work out!!
Then when my husband came home from work, we had to watch American Idol (we guessed that Ramiele was the next to go). Then after much discussion, we went to Fat Burgers...(fairly new in town) for dinner.
By 9pm, could barely walk...
mkolmar - have to try those mushrooms....
Ohara - I was a mom that bribes her kids too!! We all laugh about it now, the youngest is 19! We once bribed him to try a smoked oyster, he swallowed it, then his eyes opened really wide and he ran, and made it in time to have it come back up! Seriously though, the kids tried more things, were motivated more if there was a reward....
Hey after all, we are rewarded by a paycheck when we go to work!
Everybody have a great day, it is sunny here, I think that spring has finally come. March was the coldest on record in our area...
Lorene

Daisys_Cakes Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 12:12am
post #52 of 1314

Hi everyone!

Let's see this week have had eaten: pot roast, honey basted chicken, tacos and fajitas. I have a prayer request, on April 11th is the achievement test for homeschoolers in my area and this year I have to have a really good score. The reason is in my family and all of us in preperation for college once we turn 16 take courses at the local community college to A knock out some core courses and B get a taste of what real college will be like, but the problem is I turn 16 two weeks after the spring semester starts and which means the only way I am eligable to take classes that semester is if I score 90th percentile in every subject. For me it is possible because for the past few years I have had 90+ scores for everything except spelling, so this year I have been working hard on spelling hoping to be able to get a 90. So please pray for me that morning as I take the test that I will be able to think clearly.

kettlevalleygirl: I am soryy for your loss, I will keep you in my prayers.

Sparkle: glad to see you could check in again!

Hope all is well!
Deborah

kaychristensen Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 9:55am
post #53 of 1314

Quick wave to the table I am trying to keep up on reading. I don't really have time to post much.

Last night I made French dips in the crockpot...Do I got ya cravin now LOL And tonight I took some left overs and concocted a caserole..DD said it was OK DH wil eat anything so I don't know if I will try it again..It was ok but not out of this WORLD LOL

I had a Aunt pass away on Tuesday..She was very ill. It was a little surprising that she past. But a blessing in away. She had enphasemia(sp) and turned to cancer. That is how my G-Pa (her dad) died also..SO MUCH PAIN..I know she is in a better place now..But she was a wonderful woman and I will miss her. but I am glad her suffering is over. So my mind is weird right now..

I have my great nieces 4th B-Day cake this weekend so I am focusing on it..I know my Aunt would want our lives to go on as usual that is the was she was.. She would so much be a Bar BABE..Shot out from the hip. Didn't let anyone tell her what to do. Get on with your life was her moto..So that is what I am doing.

mkolmar Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 2:57pm
post #54 of 1314

Oh my gosh you are all so busy, you're making me tired! Deb--I'll be praying for you girl, that's a wonderful opportunity to go to college sooner and get some of those classes out of the way. I know a few people who did that also.
Best of luck!

I only have a brief moment, but I've been eating whatever is available at the time and my house is trashed! I just don't have time to clean it right now (but I'll make a few moments for CC icon_wink.gif ) I am keeping up with the laundry, dishes and cleaning the bathrooms and kids though...does that count? icon_lol.gif

Anyways, I'm still really busy but decided to try to slow down some. The order I had for the 17th canceled, but I now have a small one for the 10th and a large one for the 29th (the day before I graduate). The ACF dinner is still going on as planned. We now don't have access to the kitchen the Friday before but now have it all day Saturday instead, which actually works out better. I'd rather have 2 big days of prep than 3 small ones anyways.
I did find out though a few days ago that I was awarded another scholarship through my ACF chapter. I'm very happy but honestly am shocked that I did. It's either for $1,500 or $2,000. I was awarded the $2,000 last year so it more than likely is the $1,500 this time. That is a lot of money for me to continue taking classes and I'm happy about it, but I also have this weird feeling of not deserving it or being worth. It may sound odd but I just have this feeling of wanting to cry because of not being good enough but being blessed with this honor again. I know I do a lot for our chapter but I just do it because I love doing it, not because I wanted a scholarship. My DH says I'm just over stressed and not thinking straight and then laughs at me, I feel as if only you all would understand. I have not said anything to my family and friends since they would yell at me for feeling this way. Sorry for rambling.

I hope you all are doing very well! I've been keeping up reading the posts. I love my table friends. (even if I've never seen you all icon_razz.gif )

Daisys_Cakes Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 7:48pm
post #55 of 1314

Hi!

Just a quick stop in, last night was chicken marsala and tonight is restos the honey basted chicken.

Melissa- I am sure you deserved what ever you got! People don't give away $1,500 without putting serious consideration into it!

Deborah

kettlevalleygirl Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 3:27am
post #56 of 1314

This weekend we celebrated "Festivale" a beer festival, in Penticton, BC, Canada....(I don't drink beer) , but a fun weekend, some of our kids came home for it, so we Barb-b-qued steaks!!, potatoes, and some lovely fresh bread from Safeway...oil and white balsamic vinegar....some wine, yeh!!! we are in the "Napa North", Okanagan, in Canada....
This was a relaxing saturday...tomorrow we have to drive back to the city for the funeral for my daughters best friend's dad memorial service....
It is going to be hard.....
Melissa - congrats on the scholarship, take advantage of it...these things don't always come often in life,,,I will yell at you also, for thinking that way...your DH is right....
Kay - sorry about your loss, I believe what you said, she said, getting on with your life...hope you had a great weekend..
Talk to you all soon!!
Lorene

Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 7:25am
post #57 of 1314

Hi again, last night we went to see a friend play at a club and had dinner out, woo hoo, I had veal with seafood (my fave) and the obligatory chips and salad (so much for the diet icon_lol.gif does the salad counteract the chips icon_wink.gif ) it was yummy.
Tonight my hubby is cooking baked chicken and vegies, lucky me.
Still having traumas with the in-laws they are both in respite (like a holiday) in an assisted living centre as they have both been unwell and have progressive and ongoing problems and after 2 weeks they both feel better and want to go home. We were hoping this was going to be permanent as they look to best they have for ages. The problem is as soon as they go home they will get back into their old habits and their health will worsen again. Plus they both have the beginnings of Alzheimers. We have no Power of Attorney over them so we can't make them stay for their own safety and health. We are feeling so frustrated cause we can't make them understand. We'll have to see what this week brings I guess.
Daisy - You are obviously a very clever girl I'm sure you'll do well and I'll think of you on the 11th
Kay - My dad passed away from the same horrible disease and hard as it was I knew it was better for him too
mkolmar - how lucky are you? I'm sure you wouldn't have got the award if you didn't deserve it and we all know you do thumbs_up.gif
Kettlevalleygirl - icon_cry.gif I want to move to Canada, a beer festival sounds right up my alley and a BBQ yummo
Have a great week guys

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 9:04pm
post #58 of 1314

wow - i sure missed a lot - so this is a long one - lol

Melissa - Hang in there girl - your almost done, and we are proud of you! And giving up the award, and nominating someone else is truly very big of you, not many people would do what you did - youre one hell of a lady! and i take my hat off to you!You are in my prayers, hang in there.
I also hope that you got to re-charge your batteries a bit! lol i can only imagine how tired and burnt out you must feel - when the course is over - take time to relax and pamper yourself!
Best of luck with the acf dinner and all - you can do it!!! And congratulations on thescholarship - dont kid yourself - you definately deserve it - they would never give it to you if you didnt! lol we are our own worst critics in life - accept it and enjoy it, you have worked hard for it!

Ohara - You deserve the thanks and praise you get - many people are called by God, few listen and follow - youre a listner and may God richly bless you ! I am positive that each child that comes to your home, is blessed and will benifit from it!I hope that the little one is better, i am sorry about the trip, youre one hell of a mother! and as for the bribing - show me one mother that doesnt resort to that in different ways - lol i am one too! give little one a big hug for me!

kay - lol - tell me - are you related to flash gordon ??? lol in and out in a flash - he he he
im sorry for to hear abot your aunt - knowing they are better off , doesnt help the ones left behind to grieve. She is allways with you in your heart and the wonderful memories - God Bless and we will uplift you all in our prayers!
Big hug!

deborah - Best of luck with the exams - you will be in my prayers, and i know you are a bright lady, so just breath deeply and do your best!

lorene - So sorry to hear of dd's friends dad, it is so sad, and we will uplift you in prayer too, along with his family, God bless.

Well, i have caught up - lol i have been busy creating my web page - lol it is fun, as i am teaching myself off the internet - lol have a domain name and host, so now just to get it finalised and then upload it all - lol
dh and i turned the spare room into a cake room come computer room - whoo hoo, now i dont have to shunt all my work around when i need to make dinner - lol
Please pray and hold thumbs that i am getting this web thing right - its time to do some advertising - lol

lets see, last night was a bbq at friends home, steak and ribs, with a potatoe backe, rolls and sallad, for dessert i made a moist chocolate cake, then served it there with ice-cream - it was a hit - lol

tonight i cooked - made smoked ribs, with baby potatoes, corn on the cob, mixed sallad and rolls on the side

Hope all are well, and having a wonderful day!
big hugs to all who are having a tough time - you are all in my prayers!
janine - p.s sorry for being sooooo long winded tonight!

kaychristensen Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 5:58am
post #59 of 1314

Ok I gotta few minutes before the week begins..LOL
Next weekend I will be in a consignment sale with my candles. So I am getting ready for that. And I have 1 cake for the weekend I told them they would have to get it on Thurs. So I am baking tonight and freezing till Wed. and decorating then.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I didn't go to the funeral. I went to the diner they had afterwards and caught up with family.. I was up till 6:30 in the morning finishing great nieces B-Day cakes and the funeral was at 9:30. But I am getting a DVD of it and the picture slide show they did at the funeral.. And my aunt would understand..She would want my niece to have a Happy B-Day..

Sparkle it is a horrible thing to go through as you know. And what I worry about most is I have so many breathing problems I worry that will be me someday.. SCARY

Melissa you need a break also girl (((HHHUUUUGGGGSSS)))

Hope everyone else is well I got to take cakes out of the oven..

Oh and tonight I didn't cook no kids were here today so DH and I had late lunch of KFC takeout..

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:52am
post #60 of 1314

Hi everyone! I've missed you!

(mkolmar)- Melissa, thanks for starting this up again! I have a great website for your MIL. It's a Maine veggie cooking show. (www.delicioustv.com) We love the recipes.

Tonight was: (from the above website)
Tuscan Chickpea Soup... it was GOOOOOD. My 3 yr old loved it!

Here in Maine, we had TOO much snow this year, and are now finally experiencing a slow spring thaw. SO, today daughter & I went for our first official stroller walk of the season! (my thighs are already thanking me). Nothing tones you up like a stroller hike up those killer hills icon_rolleyes.gif
Still hula hooping to Duran Duran, but we've been cooped up in the house and are ready for SPRING.

(Yes, I still listen to Duran Duran (love their new CD)... that Simon LeBon has still GOT it. ) icon_razz.gif

Ok, I'm done icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%