Putting Down The Cake Club Ii

Lounge By springlakecake Updated 25 Apr 2011 , 12:56am by Otter

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:00pm
post #181 of 2128

Good morning everyone.

I agree Sonia, you do drive a hard bargain. I hate my pictures, but in the spirit of our little thread and to get motivation I will do it. I do have a question tho, what size do they need to be in order to post here in the thread, and how do I do that?

Susan, I have been in that eat everything state for the last month, I know how you feel.

Keep working Karen if you are gaining muscle that is heavier than fat. How are your clothes fitting?

2sdae You can do this, you have come so far with so much determination I know you will pull yourself out of this! Sorry about your husbands business, thats a lot of stress and I have respect for those with their own businesses!!! Once you get started on decorating those cakes your heart will get into it, especially since they are for family.

Carol, the scale may not be moving, but your body is changing if you need to buy new clothes. Thats great!!!

Well I got on the scale this morning and was pleasantly suprised that I lost .2 pounds since my last weigh in a few weeks ago. I didnt think I lost, as a matter of fact I thought I had gained. I have not worked out as much as I should have and have been grazzin like 2sdae says she is.

I got up and did weights this morning, not much but a start. I did figure out that I need to do them in the afternoon, the morning is just not the time to lift anything.

OK off to work now.

Karate Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:04pm
post #182 of 2128

I forgot to list my goals for the week.

1- get back into the swing of working out every morning
2- incorporate one weight lifting session this week. Todays does not count!!!
3- keep drinking my water. It may not do all that we thought it was supposed to do (or maybe it does) but it at least keeps me feeling full!!
4- I will give up all alcohol this week. I usually have a couple of beers on Friday night, this week nothing.

redhare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redhare Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:39pm
post #183 of 2128

Hello ladies,
I don't own a scale so I can't participate in the weigh in - sorry. Up to this point I haven't owned a scale b/c I'd stand on it every time I saw it, but now that I've been trying to get back into shape I might reconsider...

I made it thru like 35 minutes of my dvd today ~ UGH makes me annoyed back in October/November I was doing the whole video w/ added weights now I can't even finish - can't believe how fast I regressed.

I'm proud of me though this am was my 3x to work out this week and I have been sore since the first day.
Today's goal for me is to NOT touch the kids easter candy UGH that chocolate is soooo tempting!

2sdae - sorry about your dh's business you will get thru it I'm sure!

Karate Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:53pm
post #184 of 2128

Hey Connie, put that chocolate in the freezer. Out of sight out of mind!!!

Otter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Otter Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:55pm
post #185 of 2128

Tuesday, I am sure you will get through this. Well, my training is over for the day, so I will be away from the computer for the rest of the day.

Now I get the rest of the day off.

My goals for the week are:

1) Water

2) Exercise

3) Work on knowing how many calories I am eating per day
(don't think I get enough on a regular basis)

Connie, I didn't own a scale for years. I am not quite sure even why I purchased another one, and I am about to throw it out.

Have a great day, everyone. I'm going shopping (window shopping) for the rest of the day.

Karen icon_biggrin.gif

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:23pm
post #186 of 2128

Hey everyone, I'm back from my tirp!! Well I was back Saturday but had troubles getting on until last night.

Not only am I back from good ol' Canada but I'm back on track!!!! I've been eating so good since Mon. (not even easter candy, which has been tempting) and I've even been doing what I talked about for soooo long. I actually get up at 5:20 to workout. I've been doing that since Mon. too.

Not sure about weigh in - Monday I weighed myself at night 208 icon_surprised.gif 5 lbs away from my highest which was when I was full term with my first son almost 6 years ago. Today when I weighed my self it said 201 which would be 7 lbs lost but that just doesn't seem do-able in 4 days.

Welcome to our new members. Always nice to see fresh faces!!! icon_cool.gif

Susan - congrats on 20 lbs, that is awesome. I am jealous, all the clothes in my closet I could wear if...when I lose 20lbs. thumbs_up.gif

Merissa - Way to go getting under 150 even if just for a little while. You got a taste of it and now I'm sure you want it back. Don't be discouraged....get back on track!!!! icon_razz.gif

Pootchi - Glad your surgery went well and you're feeling better.

Tuesday - sorry to hear about dh business, money is so stressfull. Just think the more you emotionally eat the more you'll have to spend on groceries icon_wink.gif

I know I'm forgetting stuff, I should have written things down as I caught up, sorry for those I missed.

Just rambling here but I'm mad. I did great in Jan. for 2 weeks, lost 6 lbs then took a night off. I haven't exercised or eaten right since....until now. Just think how much I would've lost in that time. I could cry about it but you can't look back you can only look forward....right?

scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 10:19pm
post #187 of 2128

Well, how is everyone going?? This picture idea is working for me so far. I ate nothing after dinner last night, and that has been one of my problems. Already I can feel my stomach is lighter! I've also started counting calories again, and my water intake was better yesterday.

Casey, you've done brilliantly! Well done on the success this week. I'm always heavier at night, so if you weighed yourself at different times of the day, your lbs may not be accurate.

Kate, 3 lbs down!!! That's amazing! Can you lose another 3 by next week??????

Connie, I know what you mean about regressing. It doesn't take much time to get out of shape. Keep it up every day, and you'll soon be back on track.

Michelle, I'm not sure about picture size. Does anyone else know????? I know I can just press a button on my camera to take photos for email, so mine is pretty easy. Tuesday has posted photos of herself. Tuesday, were yours low resolution, do you remember??

Merissa, I've been struggling lately too. I've also kept up with my gym work, because my neighbour is a personal trainer, and I go to her once a week. It's amazing, that even with just going once a week, I'm stronger and musclier. (She works me pretty hard!!) So be encouraged that your trips to the gym are helping you!

Carol, your jeans being too big is a good sign! Something must be working for you!

Tuesday, what can I say???? Except I know what you're going through! We have someone who has owed us over $90,000 since last June. We've also had to pay our 2 workers who worked on that job, out of our own pocket. The lawyers are still getting it all ready to take to court. It certainly puts stress on every part of your life. Keep trusting God - if it wasn't for Him I wouldn't still have my sanity!

Ok guys, let's kick some butt this week!!!! YES, YOU CAN DO IT!!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 12:24am
post #188 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgriffiths

Merissa, I've been struggling lately too. I've also kept up with my gym work, because my neighbour is a personal trainer, and I go to her once a week. It's amazing, that even with just going once a week, I'm stronger and musclier. (She works me pretty hard!!) So be encouraged that your trips to the gym are helping you!

okay so today I was at the gym and because of the lighting in there I could see the muscle definition in my arms. Of course when you get into regular bright light you can't see it icon_cry.gif but at least I know it is there icon_lol.gif .

It dawned on me today that I think the reason I am struggling with the diet is because I didnt do it long enough for it to develop into a habit. I sort of fell off the wagon after 3 weeks and have stuggled back and forth to get back on. However, I really have made the exercise part of my routine and it feels weird NOT to do it 4-5 days a week.

Susan for example seems to have really worked hard on her diet, so it has become second nature to her. I think I need to learn from Susan!

Susan123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan123 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 9:12am
post #189 of 2128

Thank you Merissa, I have to say, since Jan 2, I've been working hard on the food part. I have a specific set of foods that I eat, and don't vary much from them. I find that no matter how hard it is for me (either I'm hungry or I feel like eating something high calorie), if I eat from off my list, I do OK. I plan my calories out everyday and stick to them. The only variation I give myself is on Wednesday evenings, and then I really try to order a chicken breast and salad. But I always tell myself..."you can have anything you want" and this is true, I just don't want to suffer. So I figure if I make the choice, it's not suffering, it's what I wanted. And every time I make a positive choice, it gets easier to make the next one. So although I have long range goals and my weight loss has been quite slow, I try to only look at one day at a time and if that's too overwhelming, I look at one meal at a time.

I can't stress enough how much this group has helped me. Really. I feel like you are all my friends and we all understand what each of us is struggling with and going through. I look forward to returning to the States in December and maybe actually getting to meet some of you in person over the next few years. After I do my year of volunteer work in Houston, I have no idea where I'll move for my next "real" job, maybe close enough to meet.

Now I need to apply my food attitude to exercise! That's what's slowing me down!

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:14pm
post #190 of 2128

Let's jump start this weekend by having THE BEST FRIDAY OF NO CHEATING YOU EVER SAW!!!!
WHO'S WITH ME? thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
A friday challenge may be just what we need to get off to a good start...so work it out , drink that water, lift those weights, and bust some rump ladies....summer is screamin at ya....HERE I COME!!!! icon_eek.gif

Karate Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:37pm
post #191 of 2128

Well we have our first party where there will be a swimming pool tonight. So I am not so happy about getting into that suite! I am with any challange that will help me.

scgriffiths Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 8:37am
post #192 of 2128

Well, I didn't fit my walk in, but I helped with a fundraising car wash for 2 hours, so I think I had a pretty good workout.

How is everyone going with their weight loss this week?? Are you drinking plenty of water? Now it's getting into summer for you, it should be getting easier.

Let's continue Tuesday's Friday challenge and make it a weekend challenge. Let's have the best weekend you've had!! icon_biggrin.gif

LET'S GO FOR IT EVERYBODY!!!!

2sdae Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 10:07am
post #193 of 2128

I AM ALL FOR IT!!!!!!
We've all come so far, let's continue to whomp those fat cell bootties and show these thighs and buns who's boss! icon_mad.gif

I KNOW WE CAN....AND WILL!!!!!!!!!!!

VIVA LA FAT CELL WHOMPIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Betcha I can loose more than you......na na boo boo! icon_biggrin.gif

scgriffiths Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 10:51am
post #194 of 2128

Hay, you're on Tuesday! Anyone else gonna join in??????

2sdae Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 11:56am
post #195 of 2128

I am doing the flea markets and farmer's markets toady...so you betta bring it if you gonna loose more than me!

redhare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redhare Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 2:10pm
post #196 of 2128

hahaha ya'll are cracking me up ~ I had errands to run yesterday am so I didn't get to my work out (if I don't do it in the am it's not happening) BUT I did get some good cleaning in ~does pushing around a shop vac count as anything icon_lol.gif
I won't get anything done this weekend either, my dh is home and needs to study for his A.R.E. exam coming up so it will be my job to keep the kids that have horribly missed him out of his hair! wish me luck LOL...

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 2:11pm
post #197 of 2128

No weight loss contests for me this week. icon_lol.gif I have two birthday parties and girlâs-night-out at a Mexican restaurant (yummmmm margaritas and sopapias). Iâm sure Iâm gonna gain big time this week.

Karate Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 2:28pm
post #198 of 2128

So I didnt get in the pool last night. We got there too late and everyone had already gotten out. Whew I have more time.

I did however have a very bad eating day. I ate all day, not alot at one time, but all day nibbling. Pickles, olives, peanut butter toast, pasta and sauce, a salad and then a small piece of sub sandwich (only had mustard on it no mayo), oh and a small piece of carrot cake. That is what happens when I am at home alone, I eat all day, very mindless until it is in my mouth and down my throat! Then I think Well for gosh sakes I'm not even hungry!!!

clsilvus Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 5:42pm
post #199 of 2128

I had a bad Friday. I didn't exercise (so I'm counting that as my day off instead of sun.) and dh and I went out for dinner - without the kids - and ended up at this french place were we ordere the white truffle fondue and I had steak with their homemade fries which were so good. I didn't overstuff myself though so I was happy with that and we skipeed dessert. Sorry for the run on sentence, I tend to ramble.

I do plan to workout today and tomorrow and eat properly though so like I said it was my day off.

Count me in on Tuesday's challenge - there is no way anyone is going to lose more than me. I AM the biggest loser!!! lol

maggiev777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggiev777 Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 7:26pm
post #200 of 2128

Hi Girls!

Can I join your putting down the cake club? Pretty please?

I have to confess I am a complete FLAKE about dieting lately but that is all the more reason I need a support group. I also have a local friend that I am going to partner with and we are going to read a book together and encourage one another. Part of me truly dreads the accountability because I'm embarrassed about how awful my eating habits are lately, but I know I need it.

Just a little history about me - I have always struggled with my weight and remember "dieting" when I was just 8 years old (terrible, isn't it icon_sad.gif ). I was 5'5" and 145 lbs when I finished highschool, and 8 years later I was 185. I then lost 45 lbs with the GREAT help of Metabolife - the original stuff you can't buy in the US anymore... It really helped my appetite and energy level SO MUCH and as I lost the weight I also worked hard to change my habits, so I pretty much kept the weight off (other than a few 10 lb spikes here and there that I lost again) for the next 8 years. Then when I had my son in June '06, I gained 40 lbs. I lost 30 of it, struggled soooo much on that last 5-10, and instead of losing it, have added another 5-10 back to it! ARGH.

We have been trying to conceive another child for 18 months - we have major fertility issues and so I am often on fertility meds and going through various procedures. It has been extremely hard emotionally. I'd love to blame my weight problems on the meds, but really I think my problem is mostly plain old emotional eating... I can't blame it on anyone (or anything) but my own dumb self.

My water and exercise habits are pretty good these days (probably at least 64 oz of plain water a day - I used to have a MAJOR Crystal Lite habit and finally kicked it last fall, which I am SO PROUD of myself for!). And I walk on my treadmill 4-5 times per week for 60-90 minutes a time. I hate exercising, but my DH rigged up our treadmill so I can surf the 'net while I walk and that helps the time pass! Anyway my true downfall is sugar and fat - I just LOVE sweet treats, and I love hearty food like big ol' hamburgers, potatoes (either fries, or baked and loaded with yummy stuff!), grilled cheese, etc.

So that's my story, or at least plenty of it for now! Sorry to go on so long, I just thought providing some background info might be good. I'm looking forward to being a part of your group, if you will have me!

Maggie

Susan123 Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 9:34pm
post #201 of 2128

Welcome Maggie,
You'll find good support, ideas, and learning what works for others. We're non-judgmental and supportive. We have a few guidelines we follow (no rules here!)...we rotate the role of cheeleader every week. The cheerleader leads the support and encouragement, but of course we all join in. We usually report our weekend progress on Mondays, we have No Cheat Wednesdays and Weigh In Thursdays. No Cheat Wednesday means either we don't go off our food plan OR you can decide for yourself what it means. On Thursdays we report how much we lost or gained; you can, but don't have to say what your actual weight is. Our postings usually slow down on the weekends, but we're pretty active during the week. Glad you're here!

Otter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Otter Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 9:53pm
post #202 of 2128

Great to have you aboard, Maggie!

You will find great support here.

Well, I had a mixed kind of day today. I had no breakfast (again) and a Chik-fil-A chicken sandwich and fries for lunch. I also bought a brownie, but when I sat down to eat it with my husband, I told him I didn't even want it. I didn't eat it.

We went shopping in the "Strip District." We looked at an upholstery store for my material for my sofa Hubby bought me to re-do. I found something that might work, but now we are serious about moving to Florida, so we are looking at lighter fabrics. Then we went to the "Waterfront" and did a bit more window shopping. After we came home I did some clean up in the garden. Looks like we are finally getting that spring that was promised.

I am right now at 20,974 steps. 9.93 miles for the day. I do have to add in some other exercise than walking, though. It is just not doing it for me anymore.

Not sure what the plans are for tomorrow, but it will probably involve a lot of walking, too.

Well, enough of my rambling for the day. Talk to y'all later.

Tuesday and Sonia, you're on! We'll see how much I can lose this week!

scgriffiths Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 10:32pm
post #203 of 2128

It's great to have you join us, Maggie. I'm cheerleader this week, and I have challenged everyone to show a picture of themselves on Thursday at weigh in. I thought it might inspire us in our weight loss.

It's great to see so many in on this week's action!!! Keep it up, girls! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

moreCakePlz Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 11:22pm
post #204 of 2128

Welcome Maggie, like you my weakness is sweets and starches. If I were on death row, my last meal request would be biscuits, baked potatoes and brownies. icon_biggrin.gif

Boy did I blow my diet big time today. icon_cry.gif Carrot cake, brownies, shortbread cookies, and then I moved on to lunch. I feel sick, both mentally and physically. When my stomach settles down Iâm going to get on the treadmill and try and work off some of those unnecessary calories.

2sdae Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 11:03am
post #205 of 2128

welcome maggie! Glad to have ya with us, we're a nutty bunch but we try to help each other at all times. We rattle on and tease but we are friendly, helpful and kind. But we dont sugar coat it either!
We all have our own pounds/inches to loose and or exercise to incorporate because w need to take of ourselves. We are doing this to be healthy and happy, not skinny unreal shadows of our selves starving!

So with that said...just a heads up ya'll i am down by 3.2 lb. since thursday morn......I told ya I stepped up my walking by walking for 8 hours yesterday going through the flea markets and getting the area for our farmer's market all cleaned up and set up. I did munch on a new recipe I developed friday so there was a moment of munching but then right on to my new yoga tapes and I ran my first 3 miles yesterday!!!!!
YOU HEAR THAT MERISSA!!!!!!!<<
Oh, guys, merissa is having cake troubles this weekend with a pita doll cake. So everyone send her a little sunshine...please. thumbs_up.gif

And today we are cutting grass and trimming all bushes and sidewalks.

Oh and an update: the client who stuck us for a large amount finally paid up! thumbs_up.gif
Do you know she still though my hubby was gonna go back and do more work for her? icon_rolleyes.gificon_mad.gificon_twisted.gif >>>uh, NO! icon_confused.gif
Some people! She didn't even apologize for lying about when payments were sent or anything, she acted like it was nothing! Almost costing us our livelihood and it's nothing?????<<<so I wanted so bad to pelt her with frozen cake balls from my freezer! icon_lol.gif

Well girls let's rock the rest of this weekend out here and let it take those fat cells, cellulite and bad food cravings with it!!!!!!!

DIE YOU STIMKIN ROTTEN FAT CELLS......D-I-E!!!!![/b]

2sdae Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 11:05am
post #206 of 2128

OK watch out, some of my posting disappeared and the font changed all by itself...only on cc is this happening so somethings up on here again..... icon_confused.gif

clsilvus Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 5:08pm
post #207 of 2128

Welcome Maggie, glad to have you here. I think you'll find our group to be very supportive and fun!

Tuesday that's great your customer finally paid up, seriously though I can't believe she still thought your dh would still work. Also the weight loss is awesome, guess I need to step up the workout today.

I ran/walked on the treadmill yesterday for 30 min and then went to do my pilates to find my dd (only 2) recorded over it with noggin. My eating wasn't great last night for dinner so not sure how I'm doing.

Otter you have inspired me to wear my pedometer, I'm curious to know how many steps I take a day.

Morecakeplz - don't let your bad day get you down, instead just get back to work. Eat right today, exercise. I took 1 day off and ended up taking 2 months off, don't let it happen to you!!!

moreCakePlz Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 5:16pm
post #208 of 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sdae

Oh and an update: the client who stuck us for a large amount finally paid up! thumbs_up.gif
Do you know she still though my hubby was gonna go back and do more work for her? icon_rolleyes.gificon_mad.gificon_twisted.gif >>>uh, NO! icon_confused.gif
Some people! She didn't even apologize for lying about when payments were sent or anything, she acted like it was nothing! Almost costing us our livelihood and it's nothing?????<<<so I wanted so bad to pelt her with frozen cake balls from my freezer! icon_lol.gif

Tuesday, donât close the door on the customer. Tell her: Sure DH will do the work, but the new terms are CASH UP FRONT !

PS: GREAT job on the 3.2 weight loss.

Carol

2sdae Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 5:28pm
post #209 of 2128

Trust me my hubby told her exactly that and she had the nerve to scoff and ask if he though she was trying to rip him off? He said well, yeah! thumbs_up.gif

Susan123 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 6:47am
post #210 of 2128

Hi All~
I had a good weekend, I'm really trying to work in small ways to get physical activity. I'm hoping that not only will this help speed up my loss, but that it may encourage me to return to the gym. I've sort of accepted that my exercise buddy is not returning, at least until the showers reopen.

On Saturday I got my hair highlighted, just that put a smile in my heart! In the afternoon I went with friends to a furniture manufacturing place about an hour from where I live. This is a family owned and operated business, the owners are so nice. They don't really have a store, but they have a warehouse you walk around in that I swear is at least 50,000 square feet, it's just huge. They have both antique furniture that they restore and new reproductions. For the past few years I've been looking for an old farm kitchen table and I'd seen one here before but wasn't sure. I finally decided to get it, knowing that if I'd bought it a few years ago when the dollar was stronger, it would've cost a lot less! But anyway, it'll work well and if I don't get it now, I never will because of the move. It's about 100 years old (not considered old here, they laugh at us!) and very plain, just a rectangle with legs. But I love it, it seats 8 and is about the width of a door, so narrower than most tables. They're letting me pay a little at a time, which is great. I got some exercise walking around that place for a few hours! On Sunday I went to an outdoor market with friends and walked around about 45 minutes, so I got a bit more exercise in. I love buying Italian tablecloths, they're bright beautiful colors and inexpensive. I have about 25! Makes it easy to change the tablecloth every week...

Karen, I'm absolutely amazed at your walking distance! If I could do a quarter of what you do everyday, I'd be happy...I don't have great feet and that would kill me.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%