Putting Down The Cake Club Ii

Lounge By springlakecake Updated 25 Apr 2011 , 12:56am by Otter

scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 3:24am
post #2071 of 2128

Welcome back, Merissa, I was missing you!

Don't make your life too busy, will you???? Our recent move and involuntarily having to step down from everything I used to do, made me realise just how busy I had made my life. It is now nice to sit back and enjoy life a little, even though I miss a lot of things icon_sad.gif

I'm out enjoying the sunshine at the moment. It's lovely to have summer on the way, it's been so cold here lately!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 12:55pm
post #2072 of 2128

It is nice to sit back and enjoy sometimes! The weather here is getting chilly! Fall colors are at their peak and we have had beautiful sun shiny days here. I love fall, but winter will be hard!

Not too much new here. Need to get motivated again. I am just not feeling it lately. That is a bad sign with the holidays on the way and cold weather too!

scgriffiths Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 10:09am
post #2073 of 2128

My motivation for exercise has been 0!!! We have moved to a house where it is much harder to go for walks. The only place to walk is along the side of the road, there are no footpaths (sidewalks I think you call them icon_lol.gif ) and it's an open speed limit, so not terribly safe. Once the kids start at their new school next week, I would like to find somewhere to zumba......some friends have been getting in to it lately, and it sounds like fun. But I'm in a new area, with no friends yet, so maybe I'll wait till I find a new friend and suggest we go together icon_lol.gif I should start working out with my dumbells.....I say that every day......

Anyway, even with no exercise I'm managing to maintain my weight loss fairly well, fluctuating between 143 and 144.

Otter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Otter Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 8:31pm
post #2074 of 2128

Sonia, Glad the tests came back that you just needed iron. Also glad to hear that you are maintaining your weight.

The job search is not going as well as I hoped. Seems like everybody wants you to apply on line and nobody will talk to you anymore. I am used to being able to pound the pavement and get a job. I will just keep on looking. Keep good thoughts for me.

scgriffiths Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 6:23am
post #2075 of 2128

Yes, things are changing, Karen! How about your DH? Is he still making soaps to sell, or is he looking for a new job as well?

Otter Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 1:44am
post #2076 of 2128

He is still making soaps, but we are not into any markets yet. Had an interview today and I think it went well, but I have two more to go through.

scgriffiths Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 11:39am
post #2077 of 2128

So are you looking for a job in the food industry, or are you open to anything??

I've had a couple of weeks with very few cake orders. It's been nice.

Otter Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 7:02pm
post #2078 of 2128

I'd be open to just about anything, but I do want something that is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas, possibly Easter, too.

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 1:56pm
post #2079 of 2128

Good morning everyone.
Karen I will keep my good thoughts out your way. It is hard to find a job now, my niece has been out of school since May and still has not found a job.

Sonia, good to know you are well, and the test results came back with minimal issues.

Merissa, I am with you, I am so unmotivated myself. I hate when I get side lined for a bit because I loose all of my motivation!!! I have been getting in my morning workouts, but my afternoon ones once again have been put off to the side for errands. GRRR

Have a great day everyone.

Karate Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 3:54pm
post #2080 of 2128

Good Morning
Up and at it early again this morning. got in 30 minutes before work, I have to make only 1 stop tonight so should get in my second one as well!

Should get to work now!

scgriffiths Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 10:47am
post #2081 of 2128

Michelle, I think one workout a day is fabulous! You're doing great - a lot better than me, anyway.

Karen, I hope something becomes available for you soon thumbs_up.gif

Merissa, are you still around???

And Susan, I've been wondering how you are too!

Otter Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 12:18am
post #2082 of 2128

Hi all,

Good to hear from you all. I've been wondering how Susan is, also, and Merrissa.

I love it here, just wish that I will find a job soon. We went for a long walk up the mountain, just a small one, but it is definately more than just a hill. Beautiful views, but it was a long way down. Probably took about two or maybe three miles.

It is nice to be with my daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter. Also another granddaughter due later this month. Right now the granddaughter is eating her dinner. I am watching her and on the computer at the same time.

springlakecake Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 12:31pm
post #2083 of 2128

Hi everyone! I SWORE that I posted a week ago or so, but it must not have posted. Sorry.

I am doing okay. On monday I decided I had to get back on track. So I have been doing a lot better since then. I thought it would be a good time with the Halloween candy laying around and the holiday's on the brink. I ran 5 miles monday and swam yesterday. My workouts might have to be put on hold a bit for the next week. MY DH left for Tokyo and Shanghai yesterday, so I won't be able to work out in the am.

Everyone is in my thoughts. I hope the job search brings you something wonderful, Karen!

Maybe you should just go to zumba and meet new friends there, sonia!

Great job with your exercise michelle!

Karate Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 2:59pm
post #2084 of 2128

Merissa, do you Zumba? Just wondered since you workout at the gym and mentioned it to Sonia.

Karen, heres all my fingers crossed for you!

Sonia, If you have Zumba there you should give it a try. But start slow...It really is an energetic workout and soooooo much fun!!! I cant dance to save my life, but I was moving and having such a good time!!

I have been wondering about Susan as well. I dont think I have her email, may try a Sparkpeople message.

Everyone have a great day!

springlakecake Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 3:33pm
post #2085 of 2128

nope, have not tried zumba! sounds like fun though!

Otter Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 2:54am
post #2086 of 2128

Well, I got a seasonal job at the Target in Burlington. Good for a couple months, and maybe it will turn into permanent. Meanwhile, I bought a bit of time to look for something else while I am making a bit of money.

I bought a new pair of pants for my interviews today, and I got into a size 4. The juniors top I tried on didn't do so well. It would have fit had the waist not been so tight. Showed every buldge. I didn't have a large selection, though. I ended up with a sweater, also from Juniors, that looks great. I know I shouldn't be trying to fit into Juniors, but the misses clothes just did not look like interview wear.

I have yet to hear from Old Navy, but I don't think I am going to take that one if offered. It is also seasonal, but they are open on Thanksgiving, and that is one thing I definately didn't want. I will work any day except Christmas and Thanksgiving. I just got out of a job where I had to work the holidays, and now I am with family and think it is important to be off.

It is good to hear from you again, Merrissa. Have a great day all!

springlakecake Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 1:20pm
post #2087 of 2128

hey, congrats Karen! You'll definitely keep busy with the xmas season!

I ususally don't go anywhere near the juniors! It just makes me feel sad that I can't wear that stuff anymore...too small for me! yea for you though!

Otter Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 2:10pm
post #2088 of 2128

I usually don't go near the Juniors, either, but I was desperate. Those clothes are really not designed for women, they were designed for young girls. Once you graduate high school, you should really graduate to grown-up clothes.

springlakecake Posted 7 Nov 2010 , 12:40pm
post #2089 of 2128

Either way, that's great!

scgriffiths Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 10:58am
post #2090 of 2128

Yay for the job Karen!!!!! Target here is a clothing store, is that what it is??

Yeah, maybe you're right, Merissa, I should just take the plunge and go to Zumba on my own. I've been too busy lately though.

Michelle, did you go to classes, or do it with a DVD??

Otter Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 3:36pm
post #2091 of 2128

Target here is a department store. Wonder if the two are related?

Karate Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 6:28pm
post #2092 of 2128

Karen, so great you can wear juniors!!! I still have to go to the womens wear and as the sizes get bigger they look like very old people clothes. I'm old but not old enough for clothes made of elastic bands, big baggy shirts and no style at all!!! If I want anything remotely up to date fashion wise I have to go to Torrid and they are very expensive!!!

Sonia I used the DVD package that is sold on the TV. dont think I could do classes, really I cant dance!

scgriffiths Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 11:09am
post #2093 of 2128

Yeah, I guess it's easier just doing it in front of the telly when you don't know what you're doing hey!!! icon_redface.gifthumbs_up.gif

Otter Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 12:38am
post #2094 of 2128

I used to use the videos, but I don't anymore because I never have time alone. I used to also go to a class, way back when, and I really enjoyed it. I don't think you have to know how to dance.

Starting the new job tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that it might turn into something permanent.

scgriffiths Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 8:26am
post #2095 of 2128

All the best for tomorrow, Karen. I'll keep my fingers crossed, too thumbs_up.gif

Karate Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 6:17pm
post #2096 of 2128

Good luck Karen!!!

No you dont have to know how to dance, but having some kind of rhythm sure does help!!!

Have a good day all.

Otter Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 3:25am
post #2097 of 2128

Rhythm is something I've never had. I seemed to do ok with it, though. Orientation went well today. The registers seem easy enough. My next day is Wednesday, and then Sunday. 4:00 a.m. on next Friday.

scgriffiths Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 6:35am
post #2098 of 2128

Wow, that's early!!!

Keep us posted thumbs_up.gif

springlakecake Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 1:24pm
post #2099 of 2128

black Friday? Is that when you have to work at 4? Yikes!

Otter Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 3:42pm
post #2100 of 2128

Black Friday, and I think she said something yesterday about being on the register. Worked 4 1/2 extra hours yesterday. Was on the register for half of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%