How Did You Get/pronounce Your Screen Name

Decorating By Melvira Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 6:30am by JulyMama

Spoondog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spoondog Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 1:30am
post #121 of 315

So, I'm sitting here, humming Elvira, thinking how old I feel because I will be (in April), 29 with 1 year experience...next year I will be 29 with 2 years experience...and so on, and really bummed out because I didn't even use my screen name. It was my husbands C.B. handle. We met when I was 19 and he was 21. We were a bunch of hicks and couldn't afford cell phones...thus we all had a C.B. and that is how we communicated when we were teenagers. Anyway, our last name is Sponenberg and spoonie was his nickname but spoondog was his "handle." We were married 8 years ago this past October and have 2 beautiful girls...Melanie Raye (6) and Katie Lynn (3) both going on 30 of course. I have always been accused of being younger than what I really am but I am told that is a good thing. It has taken me this long to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I just started Nursing School today! Wow! Cakes are just for fun and well, I am addicted to this site. I just sat here and read all 8 pages of this thread and I had to add my 2 cents. I'm not original either...If I had to use my C.B. name, it would've been Mountain Laurel...My mom was Knob Mtn Mama and my Dad was the Knob Mtn kid...thus, I was Mountain laurel which is the state flower for pennsylvania...Am I rambling???

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 1:46am
post #122 of 315

Well, so far it looks like I am the grams of the bunch. I'm going on 62 and just started decorating cakes last year after I retired. I have 3 granddaughters and love being a grandma. Grandma and grammy were taken so went with grams.
You're never too old to learn something new.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 2:07am
post #123 of 315

I should have taken notes too! I wanted to respond to so many!

The one I remember ended with MTV and said you grew up in Mt Vernon.. Iowa?

Mine is aligotmatt... My husband and I met online in a chatroom called teenchat, guess what, we were teenagers! I was 15, he was 14. I was ali-cat (a nickname by family for being Alison) and he was gotmatt (like got milk?). Then when I was 19 and he was 18 we decided to meet and for some dorky reason decided to sit together at my computer and type to our co-chatters using the name *drumroll please* aligotmatt. Just a combination. Well, I did get him icon_smile.gif In March it will be 5 years that we've been married. We have a 3 year old daughter, Korin, and an 18 month old son, Matthew. I'm supposed to be a full time stay at home mom. In March we had a lady from our mommy group show us all how to decorate cakes for one of our meetings. I thought it was really super and it seemed like fun to venture into for family birthdays and stuff. She's a cc memeber and directed me here for advice on my first big cake for my sons first birthday (the fish cake). I never really intended on selling cakes, but people started asking me to make cakes for them. I think in November I made 20 in the first 3 weeks! Back to the whole... I'm supposed to be a full time STAY AT HOME! mom. Not work from home! But I do really love it and I don't know if it will progress into a "real" business one day. I cannot even think in that direction until my kids get older and we're absolutely done having them too. Oh, speaking of older, I am 25. Most of my mommy friends are in their mid 30's and I tease that I'm *so* old now that I'm in my mid 20's, but I know I'm still young and just think it's funny to say for the eye rolls.

Was that rambly enough?

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 2:22am
post #124 of 315

This has been so fun to read. You guys are so funny. As for turning 30...it's just another year. Growing old isn't so bad. Especially if you have good friends and a loving family to grow with you.

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 4:37am
post #125 of 315

My screen name is my initials and my birthday which was yesterday and I am now the big 4-2. This year marks 20 years that I graduated from college!! I am happy and blessed to be celebrating another birthday. I'm loving my 40's because for the first time in my life I don't really care what anybody else thinks!!

DH and I have been married for 8 years and have 2 boys 7 and 4. Since I have young children I don't have time to worry about age, I take care of myself so that I can be around a good long time for my boys. I feel better now and take better care of myself than I did when I was in my 20's.

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 4:56am
post #126 of 315

schmoop, that's me...originally schmoopy (anyone remember that Seinfeld espisode???). Back when I was kid-less, managing a restaurant, the chef and i always came up with nicknames for each other and we always bantered back and forth, 'no you're shoompy' (just like on Seinfeld). It somehow got shortened and stuck with me not him. I was with that company fo 10 years in different capacities at restuarants and corporate, but everyone always knew me as schmoop, and there you have it!

I don't feel old or young...right smack dab in the middle, 36 icon_biggrin.gif

kdbobo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdbobo Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 5:15am
post #127 of 315

k. d. bobo is my name.

And I am also turning thirty this year. Weird. I'm really not pressed about it, though.

lilsis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsis Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 5:27am
post #128 of 315

great thread!!

I got my nick from my big sister...i'm #7 out of 8 kids and she would tell her chat friends that 'lilsis' (little sister) was here...and it just stuck I guess!!

As for age...what's in a number??? I will be 47 this year and don't feel a day over 20...well, maybe 30!!! I've been with DH for 31 yrs...married for almost 22 and have 4 kiddos - 20 yr old son, 16 yrs old son, 7 yrs old son and 5 1/2 yr dd...THEY are what keep me young (at heart, anyhow!!)

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 5:31am
post #129 of 315

Not very original with my name. I'm a SAHM that likes to decorate cakes. My BIL runs our family website and he was giving all of us names for logging in and he came up with cakemommy. Sooooooo, that's how I came about my name. I was going to choose "bipkid" because when I was little my dad used to call me Bip. THAT name came about because I used to smack my dad on the back of his head on his bald spot and I loved the sound it made. He then started smacking in the same spot on my head and he said the sound was "bip"!!! icon_confused.gif So for about 20 years my dad always called me "Bip"! I am Bipkid elsewhere online but I didn't want people here on CC to think I was a kid! I just turned 35!!!!!

A bit more about me. I quit fulltime work as a retail merchandiser one month before I had my first child and haven't been back to work since. My DH and I met in '92 and married May 30th '98. We've been together for 14 long years. We now have two boys 4 and 2! If it weren't for my decorating and Cake Central family I really would go insane.

Amy icon_rolleyes.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 5:37am
post #130 of 315

Ok, I have to ask... who else here is disappointed that bobwonderbuns is NOT a really hot guy with a rockin' backside?!?!? Hahahaha!! YOU RUINED MY NIGHT!!! WAAHHHHHH icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Whenever you're in a thread I dreamily picture talking to the guy that does the Levi's ad in the Sears catalog. You know, the one who probably isn't good looking, but man, you really wanna buy those jeans for the man in your life! haha!

Anyway, we're learning too many fun things! Keep 'em coming y'all!! (A little Paula Deen action there for ya!)

Oh, and I've been with my hubby since 1995, but only have been married since 2001. (He is a HUGE procrastinator!!) We have one son 18mos. He is a doll baby!! He's the one you see on a lot of my edible image cakes and cookies. I make them for family with him on it, because frankly, who doesn't want to see that?!?! icon_lol.gif

adrisss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adrisss Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 5:47am
post #131 of 315

adrisss

well is there is really no story just that I always try to register adris (my friends call me that) and its allready taken so that is why the three sss, by the way I just turned 30, and feel better than ever with three kids and a job that I love ,

take care everybody!!

have a nice weekend!! icon_smile.gif

Adriana

Feefs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Feefs Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 6:37am
post #132 of 315

wow... cool thread...

however... alas... icon_cry.gif my nickname is pretty dull and far from interesting as some of the others that have been posted...

My real name is Fiona... however, for some reason people like to call me "FiFi" when they first meet me - and after that get slammed down for calling me that icon_mad.gif - I cant stand it cuz it conjers up visions of a prissy pink poodle - which I am so not... they usually revert to "Fi"... except my hubby... who in his wisdom lengthened it to "Feefs"... and it's stuck... his other nick for me is "Fillapohay" - don't ask where that came from! - but it's too darn long to log in with all the time so most places I'm just known as "feefs"... icon_rolleyes.gif

keriskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keriskreations Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 7:06am
post #133 of 315

Like many of you, I don't have a wonderful tale of how I came up with my screen name. My first name is Keri, and I thought the Kreations with a K was cute - go figure! I use it for my cakes - seems like anything I do, buisness, etc I use my name----what's up with that? Anyway....

Those of you getting close to 30 - no biggie. I will be 33 next month - but somehow, I don't feel any older than I did 10 years ago - other than maybe the pains I have where I didn't used to! I still feel like a kid, and asked my Dad a few years back when you start feeling like an adult - his response - when you figure it out, let me know, because I still feel like a kid. Funny! Does having kids make you feel more "adultish"? My hubby and I have decided we are best suited for kids of the 4 legged kind.

I love this site - such a great place to share - I'm amazed by the talent on this site - I need some more work for sure!!!

Kitty Litter - that was so funny - and KAKA - you had me laughing. Thanks for the chuckles ya'll!

cgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cgirl Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 7:24am
post #134 of 315

cgirl was originally candlegirl1 because I make and sell candles. Then I got into cake decorating also, so I just shortened it to cgirl for candle and cake. I also do glass etching and make jewelry but I don't really want my screen name to be cgejgirl, icon_smile.gif so I'll just stick to cgirl. My name is Heather

keriskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keriskreations Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 7:31am
post #135 of 315

The Bobwonderbuns is cracking me up! Melvira, I'm disappointed too!

Something I forgot to mention about turning 30 ----- one of my girlfriends started adding on to the thirty, so when she turned 31 she was thirty wonderful, 32 was thirty terrific, 33 (I can't remember), 34 was thirty fabulous. I love it! But, I better figure out what 33 is, as it's soon approaching! icon_lol.gif

AmyKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyKakes Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 8:08am
post #136 of 315

My dad has been calling me "AmyKakes" since I was a baby...I'm 36 today!! Talk about scary!!! I am officially closer to 40 than 30 now!!! UGGGHH!! Anyhow...thought it was fitting for this site!!! icon_smile.gif Finding out how young you very talented decorators are just amazes me!!

katharry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katharry Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 9:26am
post #137 of 315

Happy birthday Amykakes!

Mine names rather boring Kat for my first name (Kathryn) and Harry is my husbands nickname. Im 36 too, two kiddies Mikayla 12 & Jakob 6

denise4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise4 Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 10:05am
post #138 of 315

I was to embarassed to use my nick name "BOBO" icon_redface.gif, that silly name was kindly burdened on me by my husband icon_mad.gif (now separated) It was on our honeymoon that he was talking about a bubble gum that had a picture of a girl with huge lips....I have thin lips, he thought it funny and decided to call me that ever since.... icon_mad.gif ...

just made me realise.... no wonder marriage didd'nt last... talking about bubblegum on "HONEYMOON" and taking the "****" out of my lips... icon_lol.gif

belindajax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
belindajax Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 10:28am
post #139 of 315

My name is also uncreative, my first name followed by "jax" which is the nickname for Jacksonville where I live. I started using it years ago when belindaj was taken on a site, belindajax has always been available.

I started decorating cakes last summer when I saw a sign for the Wilton classes when I was in Michael's buying a cake taker. My youngest son is 6 and loves to bake and we had been baking together already. He even has his own Easy Bake oven, the Real Meal oven that's a little more boyish. I thought this would be fun for us to do together. It really kind of stuck for me and also brought me to this site...which rocks!

I'm 40 but a much younger 40 than I was at 30. Over 3 years ago I lost 50 pounds and started running and lifting weights. I've run a couple marathons since, loads of 5K and 10K races, and do power yoga a few times a week. I've also done several triathlons.

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 11:21am
post #140 of 315

well mine is just some thing i came up with using my youngest daughter's shortened name...

her full name is matisse, but sweet_as_tisse just seemed to pop into my head.. as well as her being one sweet baby girl....

i just turned 34 in november and as you can see from my signature of have four children 2 girls and 2 boys. oh and a partner of 12 years...

kylie

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 11:32am
post #141 of 315

Mine is really boring. My first name followed with the initial of my surname. I signed on because I wanted to look at the pictures of the cakes and did not think that I would be on CC for very long, thus the very boring user name. Little did I know that this site would be so addictive. To all those approaching 30 and freaking out, I left that behind 15 years ago. I turned 45 in August 2006. I have 3 kids Rebekah 13, Samuel 10 and Olivia 8 years. Married for 19 years to a very patient man!!!

Hey kylie, did you get any of the rain that was promised by the weatherman? We got zilch here in Melbourne!!!!!!

sweet_as_tisse Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 11:42am
post #142 of 315

yeah a little barbara, but not nearly enough to make any difference..

i did hear the other day that in march around here we are expecting heavy rain and flash flooding... believe that one when i see......lol

kylie

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 11:57am
post #143 of 315

Yeah, they say March but did they say which year??? LOL!!!

Hey if I every get to the Grampians can I call on you?

sweet_as_tisse Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 12:06pm
post #144 of 315

you sure can, it would be fantastic to meet you and talk cake...lol

just let me know when and i will put the kettle on...

kylie

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 2:03pm
post #145 of 315

I just wanted to say I was disappointed to find out that bobwonderbuns isn't really Bob and doesn't have wonderful buns. Well maybe you do have wonder buns but it was better when you were still BOB icon_lol.gif

Schmoop I love your nick name! I still watch the reruns of that show. I'm suprised no one has the name MULVA icon_biggrin.gif

cakerunner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerunner Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 2:47pm
post #146 of 315

OH OH an I have been married 14 years to my dh who tolerates my cake obsession very well. This is so fun! I love everyone's interesting stories!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 3:40pm
post #147 of 315

AHHHH!!! sweet_as_tisse... you are one of them that keep me up at night! Is it teese... is it tice... hahaha! icon_lol.gif So, since her name is Matisse, I assume its teese like Reese Witherspoon?

And HEY!!! As far as I'm concerned, Bobwonderbuns is still a hot guy with some junk in his trunk. Bob, you're just going to have deal with me hitting on you. I can't have it any other way! Hahahahahahahaha!!! icon_lol.gif

For those of you who keep saying your name is not creative... shush! You're cakes are awesome... I don't care if you call yourself Dave. You ARE creative! And age... it's just a number. For some of us it happens to be a very large number, but it's a number all the same! (Hey, I'm still in my early 30's!!) icon_lol.gif And no one younger than me should be obsessing about age, as I've been known to b**ch slap skinny people for complaining about their weight, and that may carry over to age now too! icon_wink.gif

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 3:42pm
post #148 of 315

Count me in as another boring one . . . this is the first (only) forum I've belonged to and I thought that my user name would just be for me to access the site, I didn't realize I'd become known by it. So no creative juices were wasted the day I chose mine! I just picked my username for my email account [C for Carol (me) and K for Kevin (hubby) and my last name Kerber].

I hit 30 a few years ago (will be 34 next month GULP!) and truly didn't struggle with it as much as I thought. I was 7 months pregnant with my first baby and really more focused on how my life was going to change with THAT moreso than how it might change because of a simple number like 30.

My hubby and I have been together since high school. Went to different colleges in different states (he went to California for college, I stayed in Missouri) but we made it through college and got married the same year we graduated. Just celebrated our 11th anniversary on the 30th of December and have two cutie pie boys (Xander is 3 1/2 and Colin is 2).

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 3:53pm
post #149 of 315
Quote:
Quote:

prissy pink poodle

Who are you calling prissy? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
LL

denise4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise4 Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 3:53pm
post #150 of 315

ckkerber..... I have always seen your name as an anagram of "CAKE BAKER" with a couple of missing vowels... icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%