How Did You Get/pronounce Your Screen Name

Decorating By Melvira Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 6:30am by JulyMama

jelligirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jelligirl Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 3:01pm
post #61 of 315

the stories on here are just too funny....no one on here has a "lame" name...its who you are and that's good enough for me thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

my daughter's name is jalyssa (rhymes with melissa) and we've been calling her jelli-this-that and the next thing icon_biggrin.gif

for all of the ladies on here that are going to turn 30, my mom says that your twenties is a trial run (you really don't know what you're doingicon_smile.gif) at 30, your eyes start to open to your surroundings, 40 is when you hit the deck running and 50+ is the reward for making it through it all...i agree that 30 might seem daunting at first but i love the fact that i am 40 and flying free YAAAAAAAAAA icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

baker2699 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baker2699 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 3:04pm
post #62 of 315

Mine is pretty simple baker for my last name and what I like to do! 2699 for the day I met my husband icon_smile.gif

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 3:04pm
post #63 of 315

Mine is pretty simple as well, my DH's nickname, NEF and my name GABY. I've had that screen name ever since we got married in 2000. So it has been 6 wonderful years! I also have a 4 year old boy and I will be 30 in 15 months!!!! Oh well...

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 3:14pm
post #64 of 315

Add me on as another turning 30 this year!

czy=crazy
ad-ad
grl=girl

This is what my husband calls me when working on the computer on graphic design and production stuff! He says I get a "crazy trance-like look in my eyes". Hmmm... That's where it came from. It's easy.

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 3:27pm
post #65 of 315

Melvira, thanks for starting this thread it is so much fun!

For all of us that are turning 30 this year I think we should start a support group!

ntertayneme - Thank you so much for joining in this because I have been trying to figure out your screen name for the longest time, I can sleep well tonight.

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 3:30pm
post #66 of 315

Mine is very boring. Missy is my nickname that I go by and ek are my middle and last name initials. icon_smile.gif

mitsel8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mitsel8 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 3:40pm
post #67 of 315

Great thread!!!

Mine's not too exciting. I just took my husband's 1st name, Tim and my nickname, Les and put them backwards. Then I added my fav # 8. I'm always amazed that none of my friends can ever figure it out.

Love "Ksue"'s story.

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 3:59pm
post #68 of 315

I came up with mine because some day I want to open up a shop with the name "Tori's Tasty Treats". That was too long for me to have to type in all the time so I just shortened it to toristreats.

BTW...my hubby will be turning 30 in March. I like to give him a hard time about it. I'm sure I will get my share next year when I turn 30.

This has been a fun thread.

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 4:04pm
post #69 of 315

I've had my screenname for years, it's not too exciting. Diana Marie for my first and middle names, and then MTV is for the town I grew up in, Mount Vernon. Some people think it means the television channel, but that really wasn't my intention. I was a cheerleader all throughout high school so having my hometown at the end of my screen name was just a way to interject school spirit! icon_smile.gif

Fun thread!

pluto6210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pluto6210 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 4:15pm
post #70 of 315

I've had this name for going on 10 yrs now. I met my husband at a firehouse function and when we started dating I joined and was the company safety officer...my call #s were 62-10. The pluto came into play one day when we were messing around and he said something that just cracked me up and I said to him "your so goofy" he looked at me and said "yeah...well your pluto" and it has just stuck. We also have a shared name of pluto4goofy16 that we use. Both of our birthdays are the 16th.

Now for all you 20 somethings who are worried about turning 30. Thirty was a blast, 40 was better and so far 50 is pretty darn good. I have been married to my hubby going on 9 yrs. He is 13 yrs younger than me....oooo baby! I have 3 children, 30 yr old son, 24 yr old dtr who just got married in Sept. and my baby is 21 and just got engaged at Christmas with a wedding planned for Sept. of 08. I also have 3 grands who I adore. Erica is 11 yrs. old, Morgan (this girl is my heart) is 19 months and Marcus is 14 months old. I can't wait for more! So all you ladies turning 30....Enjoy the ride!

Great Thread!

Sue (MeMe to my grands)

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:46pm
post #71 of 315

my dh turned 34 in august. i give him a hard time and call him a cradle robber. i'm turned 23 in august.

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:49pm
post #72 of 315

This is a very interesting thread! Janette, you're 54? I thought you were like 34. . . icon_confused.gif

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:56pm
post #73 of 315

All my friends from the moment the SNL skit, The vixter the vixtorama has called me "The Vixter".
Since I went to Florida State, I add FSU to the end of vixter and that is pretty much my user name for all my accounts.

coolmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolmom Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 5:58pm
post #74 of 315

I got my name totally out of nowhere. I just wanted to look at some pictures to get ideas for my daughter's b-day cake, so I had to sign up for an account. I was thinking at the time that I would never use this site again until maybe the next birthday. Boy was I wrong. So, that said, I really don't like my screen name, but I can't figure out how to change it. I'm not really conceited!!! icon_lol.gif

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:09pm
post #75 of 315

nglez, thanks icon_redface.gif

It would be fun to start a thread to see how old everyone was when they started cake decorating and what made them start.

It may have already been done but some of may have missed it.

Hey wait a minute, nglez, did you say 54, it's 52 icon_evil.gif Smarty.

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:18pm
post #76 of 315

Ok, another 'boring' one for the thread:

arosstx = a (audrey) ross (ross) tx (I'm in and from Texas!)

yawn......

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:36pm
post #77 of 315

Okay this is great some of you are very creative. I want to share mine too. My name is Amber but when I was a kid my lil' sis' couldn't pronounce her R's so she called me AmbO which was a ncikname that stuck until I was about 13. I was in a grocery store and my mom said my nick name across an isle and my good friend and her mother happened to hear it, only they heard Rambo...and it stuck all the way thru highschool. My mom is the only one left who uses it but it makes a good screen name as there aren't very many people who want to be known as an 80's Sylvester Stalone movie.

And for all you sweating turning thirty I would like to say I am 31 and that was way harder than the big 3-0 because now I'm officially IN my thirties! icon_eek.gif

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:37pm
post #78 of 315

Mine came from having "bird legs" and a puffy body to go on those bird legs. 30 years of age came and is slowly leading up to the big 40 for me--it doesn't bother me it is only a number. My son thought I was 21 when so when he found out at the doctors office my real age one day he blurts out "I thought you were 21!" The nurse just about died laughing.

GIAcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIAcakes Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:38pm
post #79 of 315

This is fun! Mine is my 3 daughter's initials:
G-abrielle
I-sabella
A-lexandra
and of course cakes, because I make cakes!

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:41pm
post #80 of 315

Rambo- LOL! I was nick-named "hamburger" because after I was born, my aunt who was deaf asked what my name was- she lip-read Amber as hamburger and it stuck!

Amber

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:49pm
post #81 of 315

OK, I'm game. Narie is a contraction of my first name. When my godson was a little tike, he couldn't manage all of the syllables so Anna Marie became Na-Rie. It sorta stuck. When the Internet first opened, early 90's, I started using it as my screen name. As far as age is concerned, I seem to be the senior citizen around here- 61. Excuse me if I snicker about about someone being worried about turning thirty. That was when my life just started to be really interesting.

cmmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmmom Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:50pm
post #82 of 315

Mine is not that exciting. They are my two daughter's initials

C- Claire
M- Maura
Mom - that's me!

CakeL8T Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeL8T Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:50pm
post #83 of 315

This thread has been so much fun to read!!! OK, mine is pronounced..."Cake Lady". That's what everyone calls me when I go to make a delivery, it's like I don't have a name anymore, just "Hey, It's the Cake Lady!!" I guess I could be called worse!! icon_surprised.gif It's been great fun reading everyone's stories!! thumbs_up.gif

sarge1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarge1 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:55pm
post #84 of 315

Well, my screen name probably sounds more interesting than it actually is-was she in the army? is she an authoratative personality?
nah! Sarge is the name of my first cat, and 1 was added because "Sarge" was already taken (on another site).
For those turning 30: I was very freaked out for an entire year before I turned 30; when the actual day came, no big deal at all! Soon, though, I'll be turning 40 icon_confused.gif

Sue

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 6:59pm
post #85 of 315

My screen name is pretty obvious once you break it up: Do it all mom. Started out with it because I literally love to do all sorts of things and I feel as though I am actually good at all of them- sewing, baking, decorating, cosmetology, singing, writing(in my eariler, lees busy years), being handy around the house and so many other things. I'd like to be great at some of them, but for now, with eight little ones, I'll settle for being good at them. The 8 kids are where the other half of my thinking comes from- They're all still pretty young (oldest is almost 12) so they can help some, but not much. Therefore, I 'do it all' (until DH comes in from the office anyway, then Ia get a bit of a break LOL)

danyellkepp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danyellkepp Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:07pm
post #86 of 315

Ok mine is pretty lame too. It's just my first and last name together.

Danyell Kepp.

Turning 30 was really no big deal for me but turning 25 was very hard for some reason.

I'll be 33 on July 29 and mentally I still feel seventeen.

Ksue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ksue Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:09pm
post #87 of 315

EIGHT kids?!?! How DO you do it ALL????

That's amazing. I'm impressed.

I get grumpy when just my husband or friends or our youngest 18-yr-old interrupts my creative activities!

Where in Michigan? I was born and raised in Kalamazoo.

dmaam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmaam Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:14pm
post #88 of 315

My screen name - dmaam is me and my familiies name initials

D - D.J. - my husband
M - Michelle - me
A - Aniston - my 6 year old daughter
A - Austin - my 5 year old son
M - Madelyn - my 2 year old daughter

ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:14pm
post #89 of 315

This has been so funny....I feel like I should have taken notes b/c there were so many that I wanted to comment on!!!!

OK...ape is short for april....I would have come up with something more creative if I'd known that I'd be doing all this forum stuff. I just wanted to look at some cakes!!! And no, no one calls me that....a few times my mother did when I was a kid b/c apparently it would just take too long to add the extra syllable!!!

OK...age....31 (YUCK)....I joked with my husband when he turned 31 that he wasn't just 30, but he was "IN HIS" thirties. That was 3 years ago.....guess what I heard when I turned 31? We've been married 10 years and have 3 munchkins: Grayson (5), Nathanael (4) and Mikaela (2).

cakerunner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerunner Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 7:21pm
post #90 of 315

I forgot to leave my info! I am 34, 4 kiddos, Josie almost 13 , Kyle 9, Abraham 5 , and Norah Bea 2 1/2. 30 was uneventful for me and I felt more grown up at 25 than I do now. I feel more like a kid every year. I sit back and think about my life and the lives of friends and I can't believe we are grown.... I also wonder if I will still feel this way at 44?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%