How Did You Get/pronounce Your Screen Name

Decorating By Melvira Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 6:30am by JulyMama

meggylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meggylou Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 2:29pm
post #181 of 315

My name is Megan Louise, so mine is just an easy abbreviation. I use it on most sites, but the problem is that sometimes I have to be meggylu and sometimes meggylou because someone else has the other one. Kinda makes it hard to remember who I am.
I met my husband on vacation when I was twelve, and married him 15 years later. We have a 4yr old son Tony and a 3 yr old daughter Sammi Lu.
I hit 30 last year, and it didn't really make me feel old, knowing my son starts kindergarten in the fall really makes me feel old.

Spoondog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spoondog Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 3:01pm
post #182 of 315

Hey Meggylou! Nice to see another PA gal here. I'm from Bloomsburg...about 1 hour away! Have you ever been to the Bloomsburg Fair? I just checked out your photos...very cute!

~Aimee

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 3:08pm
post #183 of 315

This may sound really silly but my husband calls me pumpkin and I really enjoy growing roses.

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 3:15pm
post #184 of 315

When I came to America at the age of 5, the kindergarteners could not pronounce my name. You have to roll your tongue to say my name correctly due to the accent mark on it. The best the kids could say was either Tug or Toad. Soon, I became known as Tug. That's been my American name ever since.

I met Tug McGraw, the famous baseball player doing my clinical rotation in college at a cancer hospital. It was neat having him give me an autograph stating, "From one Tug to another...."
If I can only locate that paper now icon_cry.gif

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 3:34pm
post #185 of 315

My name is Wendy. When I worked at a ski resort at the age of 18 in 1989, I didnt know how to ski. I kind of learned on my own with a little help from other workers up there. The friends I made while working there started calling me Wendoger cuz I would hardly ever turn my skis, I would just go straight. I really never learned the proper way. Back then, they called us "hotdoggers", the ones that just went really fast and straight down the hill. Thus, one of the guys that worked there started calling me wendoger cuz I would beat everyone down the hill. icon_wink.gif

EvieP606 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvieP606 Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 3:51pm
post #186 of 315

I just love threads like this. Mine is so unimaginative. My nickname is Evie, short for Evelyn last name is Pitkofsky thus the P and the 606 is the month and day of my birth. icon_biggrin.gif

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 4:48pm
post #187 of 315

I'm glad this thread got started. It's fun!
All the great names I wanted when I first got online were taken which just ticked me off. I even spelled them every which way, which I would never have remembered anyway, and they were still "unavailable". Yah right! Soo my highly imaginative screen name is my first and middle names. I have one and only one relative, an Aunt, that ever called me Carol Ann on a regular basis. My Aunt still calls me Carol Ann and it cracks up my whole family when she does because they know I've always hated it, but I don't mind now. I've matured somewhat. I use it as a screen name because it's so dang easy to remember and when I wanted to get onto this site I didn't want to mess around dreaming up something clever/cute. I have just a couple names I use on the net as it simplifies things.

Janette, I was married at 17 in 1969. I too married a 21 year old. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine I'd be married to a 50 yr old man, and that was a few years ago. LOL I've never given my age much thought. But I teased my brothers in law about turning 30 and the downhill slide from there. They in turn DID NOT tease me when it was my turn and I sweated out a whole year waiting for it to start. THAT was my pay-back. I tortured myself!! LOL

So, I've been married to the same man for 37 years, have three kids, two boys and a girl (w b/g twins), and two granddaughters Maddy 5 and Morgan 7. I live in Midwest USA, am a woodworker first and do cakes on the side when I want to.

ladybug03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug03 Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 5:24pm
post #188 of 315

This has been too fun!

I'm ladybug03...my daughter's nickname is ladybug or lenabug as her name is Elena and she was born in '03. I carried this over to my business name too...The Sweet Ladybug...sweet because she's sweet and so are cakes!

Someone asked how old I was last night and I honestly didn't know off the top of my head! I'm only 31 (that's what my husband told them, at least) but my brain sometimes fizzles out...that's what two little ones will do to ya---gosh, let alone the 8 that the one gal has!!

My DH and I have been married 10 1/2 fun years, our sweet munchkins are almost 4 and almost 2.

meggylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meggylou Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 11:34pm
post #189 of 315

Hey Spoondog-
I have not made it to the Bloomsburg fair, but it is on my list of things to do..when I get a moment to breathe. I did come really close to going to Bloomsburg for college, do I get credit for that?? I was an Ed. of Hearing Impaired major, so it came down to Bloomsburg and IUP, I picked IUP (further away from Mom and Dad!!)

whyteicing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whyteicing Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 11:44pm
post #190 of 315

whyte is my last name.
icing, is well, obvious.
and "whyte icing specialty cakes" is the registered name of my cake business.
icon_biggrin.gif

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 11:53pm
post #191 of 315

I used the name of the city I live in "La Paz" and lady, for the usual reason.

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 12:05am
post #192 of 315

well..mine is a no-brainer which it needs to be since I have no mind for passwords, user names etc...I am commonly locked out of my PC at work as we have to change our passwords so often..I figured I would keep it simple....dull I know.. icon_redface.gif

CarolAnn Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 4:30am
post #193 of 315

whyteicing, I do like your business name! Sweet and simple. The only reason I don't have my fed tax number yet is because I can't decide what name I want to hang on myself. Plus I would use the same name for both businesses. I have a woodshop and so it can't just say cakes or wood. I've been tossing around a few possibilities for a while now but haven't made up my mind.

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 7:51pm
post #194 of 315

this is interesting....

kjg - my initials before i got married, Katherine Jo Gauntlett
jam- is jamaica
22 is how old I was when we got out pc.

kjgjam22 icon_smile.gif

hsdwidow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsdwidow Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 9:14pm
post #195 of 315

Oh, thank the Lord I finished reading all these names. It's fun to read but hard to concentrate when the rest of the family has "look at me, look at me!" on their minds.
I got my email name partially due to my husband (an ongoing theme for many, I noticed) My husband use to install cable, phone and High Speed Data or HSD as some call it. He also had a very large iguana named Monty. He worked on his computer name first till we got a combination of computers (HSD) and his fondness for reptiles (lizard) so his name is HSDlizard. I figured he'd be the one on the computer when we first got the internet (a ha ha ha ha) so I said if he was going to be HSDlizard, I'd be the HSD widow. Looking back it's very ironic knowing that he has to fight me for the computer daily icon_surprised.gif
I live in MA. I didn't realize I've enjoyed making cakes since the birth of my now 10 year old daughter. I have a 6 year old son and I'm a step mom to a 20 yr old daughter as well. We'll be married 13 years in May but I've known him for 17.
My cake pictures are too big to send to Cake Central which bothers me to no end. I have some I'm extremely proud of. I wish I knew if there was a way to make them smaller. Any ideas? I have a yahoo photos web link but I don't think I can send it here, can I?
Thanks,
Brenda

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 9:20pm
post #196 of 315

HSD Widow..go to www.shrinkpictures.com

I have used them with good success..got the link from someone here at CC!

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 9:40pm
post #197 of 315

Well mine is very simple so that I could remember it. I am on so many websites and with work too I just keep it simple and use my last name....Sundine. The 2 is from my aol account since I had already had the 1 prior. If I do my last name then I never forget it.

As far as old....my lord there are a lot of youngsters on this forum...lol..I was born in 1952 and that does seem like eons ago years wise but in my mind (not my body) I am still in my 30's.... I have my same friends from grade school and we have been friends for 42 years....o my gosh! Of course my mom is 82 and she still has her friends from high school too and they get together at least once a year. That is a long term friendship.

sweet_T7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_T7 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 10:26pm
post #198 of 315

Hi..I've enjoyed reading this post as well! Very fun to learn the history of your nicknames....Especially BobWonderBuns!! LoL

well, mine comes from sweet traditions my biz name. I have had SweetT on here and sweettraditions, too but my computer messes up (or something) and CC wouldn't recognise them, so far, Sweet_T7 has stuck lol. 7 is my birthday and lucky #.

Just wanted to say 'Don't be afraid of 30!' My Dad died when he was 29 so my 29th year was terrible..I kept wondering if I'd make it to 30 (being the oldest kid in the family and all) When I turned 30, I was estatic!! And life just keeps getting better! I am 52 years old with 6 grandchildren and still feel--in my head anyway- 30 years old.

Just started doing cakes in june of 2005 and I'm lovin it!!

hsdwidow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsdwidow Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 10:54pm
post #199 of 315

JaneK thanks for that tip. I have been a member of this site for months and I only started to figure out how to navigate it in the past TWO DAYS!! Wow, and I'm not a computer idiot, but I've felt like one, that's why no one has heard much from me. I haven't even learned how to look at posts I've replied to unless I get it linked from my email account. At least that's a start. I've posted a lot of pictures tonight. I guess they weren't too big after all. icon_mad.gif Now I know why I'm still a newbie. icon_redface.gif
Brenda

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 11:04pm
post #200 of 315

Two years ago I began making cakes for other people because of the encouragement I was receiving from family members. I had made a few cakes for my kids prior to that. One day I was staring at my hands and couldn't believe what all I've been able to accomplish with them. It was a humbling moment for me. I began thanking God for blessing me with this talent and ability that I had never even dreamed of or desired of having. When I had to think of a name to sign up for CC I looked at my hands and remembered the gift God has given me and hence the name Steady2Hands.

I know I still have much to learn and my decorating skills are far from perfect but I plan to continue practicing and improving. Thank you to all you CC buddies for your help and encouragement! You're the best!

whyteicing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whyteicing Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 11:13pm
post #201 of 315

CarolAnn~

having a tax ID number and registering your business name are 2 seperate things.

you need a tax number so you can file income tax.
you need to register a business name so no one else takes your name.
they go hand in hand, but theyre not the same thing.

get a tax ID number asap. even if the business doesnt make any money, they will want to know why you never got one!

Mrs262 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs262 Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 11:41pm
post #202 of 315

My name is pretty simple, too, lol. My hubby is the police chief here and his call number is 262. I have so many passwords and user ID's with my home computer and work, so I have to make sure I can remember them, lol!!

P.S. I just turned 30 in November!

Tkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tkeys Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 11:51pm
post #203 of 315

Okay, I'm only up to page 6 reading, but I decided to chime in before I finished. My screen name Tkeys is actually a shortened version of my normal online/email name of "tessiekeys," which is a nickname from my mother. According to family legend (a/k/a my mother) I could never pronounce my name properly when I was a young child (my name is Jessica) and I would call myself Tessiekeys. She was always afraid I would get lost somewhere and never returned, because they would be searching for a Mr. and Mrs. Keys who had lost their daughter Tessie. When I got my first email account, I was abroad in college, and no one but my parents who worked at a college had email yet (in fact, it was my mom who first told me about this email thing) and all of us who were in the program were mostly lining up to communicate with our parents who had email accounts. So, i picked the email name "tessiekeys" and it has stuck for the online world, too. Rather than explain it, I sometimes shorten it to Tkeys, figuring most people will assume it is my first initial and last name.

For those turning 30 and worried, turning 30 didn't phase me. My life in my early 30s has been great, and so many good things have happened. I think age is a state of mind, and a day of the year can't do anything to you. When my grandmother turned 86, she bought a red car, a silver jacket, and took a trip to Asia. So . . . attitude is everything! If you feel young and embrace your age, that is all that matters. My husband, however, has decided that since he is supposed to turn 40 this year, he'd rather be Jack Benny and stay 39 forever. I personally keep telling him he is silly . . . and then poke fun at him and tell him he is an old man (that probably doesn't help much, huh?).

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 12:15am
post #204 of 315

would you believe (ala Maxwell Smart...and his shoe phone)

it was supposed to be dough...but the "h" key was broken on the typewriter?

it was supposed to be dug....but the person typed an extra letter?

it was supposed to be dougals but said wrong it becomes a bit risque?

Charmed1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed1 Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 12:23am
post #205 of 315

Melvira this is great!

I,too am sad about bobwonderbuns. I thought we had a buff guy who could cook. I have really enjoyed reading about the origins of your screen names, and your lives. You are all talented, amazing people.

I am 44 yrs old and still feel 22. I have been with my husband since I was 17. We have 3 children, 2 boys and 1 girl. My oldest son just turned 18, 2 days before Christmas (the best christmas present I ever got!). My middle son is 15, and my daughter will be 12 at the end of this month. I am a stay at home mom who took the Wilton courses last March, and seem to be" okay" at the cake decorating thing. I still don't have enough courage to post any of my cake pics, but I sure love this website.

My name, Charmed1, is because I feel that I live a charmed life! I love my husband more every day, and he has made all of my dreams come true. Well, all of them except the one about growing VERY old together, we are working on that one!
I love my life and I feel blessed that I have all I need in this world. I like to help my friends out when I can, and I love to work with food! Cake decorating speaks to the cook and the creative side of me.

Being 44 is wonderful. I, too, no longer worry about "what people think".I feel more confident and secure than I did when I was younger. My advice to all who worry about turning any age is--Don't worry! It is a just a number and it doesn't define who or what you are.

Thank you for all the smiles and support you give me! Have a great day!
Love, Charmed1 icon_lol.gif

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 1:11am
post #206 of 315

Charmed1,

Love your story. It's so uplifting. I love seeing people who truly have happiness by the tail.

You need to post your cake pictures, though. We'd all love to see them! My first posted pictures were not near the calibur of most people on this site. Heck, my most RECENT pictures are no where near the calibur of the people on this site. But I'm having fun. It sounds like you are, too, so share the fun and show your pictures!

Carol

CarolAnn Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 3:26am
post #207 of 315

whyteicing, when I went online to the form for the tax # I thought it asked for the business name. I haven't decided so that's where it's been since.

Quote:
Quote:

get a tax ID number asap. even if the business doesnt make any money, they will want to know why you never got one!

I don't think "they" know I don't have one. Ü

I do need to decide on a name though because I have some orders for my wood shop and will be needing to buy materials soon. [/quote]

CarolAnn Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 3:29am
post #208 of 315

whyteicing, when I went online to the form for the tax # I thought it asked for the business name. I haven't decided so that's where it's been since.

You said- get a tax ID number asap. even if the business doesnt make any money, they will want to know why you never got one!

I don't think they know I don't have one. I've never charged tax for any of my cakes. I do need to decide on a name though because I have some orders for my wood shop and will be needing to buy materials soon.

indigojods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indigojods Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 4:01am
post #209 of 315

I just stumbled upon this post and had a great time reading all the responses. Here is my answer: My name is Jodie and my nickname is "Jods" pronounced with a long o. I love love love the color blue so I came up with indigojods the first time I needed a screen name.

mom2seven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2seven Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 4:58am
post #210 of 315

Mine's so easy, mom2seven, I'm a mom to 7 kids. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%