Short Comments In Photo Gallery

Decorating By Melvira Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 2:52am by yumyumcakes

Moviechick00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moviechick00 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 8:06pm
post #31 of 104

Oh Gaby
Its ugly...hahah it was one of my very first cakes. Thank you for liking my pumpking...haha that was the first time I added color to my fondant.

MissyEk,
I know that feeling about almost getting fired...for being on CC to much. Lucky for me as long as I get my work done I dont think my boss would be mad at me. I do think oh my Im gonna get fired today over CC...hehe those days I just stop and continue with my work.

MC

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 8:07pm
post #32 of 104

Nefgaby, I'm in South Boston... a tiny little town on the NC border. My DH has family in VA Beach, but unfortunately, we're not currently speaking to them... icon_redface.gif Apparently my BIL thinks I'm a real witch. hmph, no free cake for him icon_lol.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 8:10pm
post #33 of 104

Hey, I never meant to come across as ungrateful!! I certainly hope no one takes it that way! And I do appreciate that people take even a second to comment. I guess I forget that to someone who is not 'wordy' simply saying 'nice' is tantamount to slobbering praises from another person who is more verbal. I am a writer... and I like to get detailed if at all possible, and sometimes find myself less fullfilled with non-verbal entries. I DO appreciate ANYONE who says boo about my photos, as long as they are not saying "UGLY". (I would have to hunt you down and slap you!! haha!) Methinks I will try harder to be satisfied without needing the backpatting. Sometimes that's really what it's about. You work so hard, you just want someone to say, "Man, you really did something there!" You know? Not all efforts are life altering though, so I have to let it go! Thanks for everyones POV on BOTH sides of this fence. There is no right or wrong here, only opinions, and they are all valid!!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 8:14pm
post #34 of 104

I do this I guess. Sometimes I am looking at a picture and I want to leave a comment but I am in a hurry so I just leave a very nice or great work. Something simple. I would never leave something meaning "nice try". So please if you ever see a short comment from me that is not it at all. I just don't know what to say sometimes or I see comments that have already commented on what I think as well so I don't want to just say the same thing over and over.

If I have time I do try to leave a little more on there. I just hate to look at a cake and not put something. I have seen some of my own that will be looked at 50 times with no comment and I wish someone would just leave something.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 8:15pm
post #35 of 104

I totally understand what you're saying about this short comment thing. I LOVE getting the comments that I do get I just wish I could get more comments then just one. Most of my cakes aren't that good to get that many comments but at least a comment stating you liked it or that it could use some inprovement or something. I see that ALOT of people have viewed my photos but only a few have been commented on. When I like a photo I comment on it. I don't normally have alot of time to comment on something but sometimes I take the time to comment on them. I will be going thru my favorites and commenting on all that "qualified" for my favorites and commenting on what I liked about them.... I just hope when my cakes are comment worthy I'll get comments lol icon_smile.gif

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 8:15pm
post #36 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_farms

I too try to say something positive about something particular that was done, so I get what you are saying. I always think that sometimes people don't want any contructive criticism, they just want to share. So I try to reserve my advise for when people specifically request it icon_biggrin.gif.

."

Ditto...and who am I to criticize?? I'm also scared that someone really doesn't want the "help" and will get all bent. So, If I don't comment and only comment on a few...and those few..I post.."NICE"...it's an economy of words..that are therefor more meaningful.

and sometimes,people don't have a way with words or are posting on the fly...

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 8:22pm
post #37 of 104

Shelbur10, mmm... South Boston... I've never heard of it, will map quest it, how far from VA Beach? And to your BIL, sure thing, no cake for him! thumbsdown.gif

And Melvira, can you hunt mine down and slap them for me? Or at least come with me, back me up, while I hunt them down?? icon_rolleyes.gif

Moviechick00 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 8:24pm
post #38 of 104

RisqueBusiness,

I can always use more help. I am more on the self taught side and help is always welcomed here. If you look at my pics you can see where I started and how I have improved with the help of the wonderful ppl of CC. Yes I posted my first ugly cakes...and I posted them with pride. HAHA now I can say that I have improved I see it. We all start somewhere right.

MC

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 8:29pm
post #39 of 104

nefgaby, we are about 150 miles from VA Beach if I remember correctly...90 miles west of Emporia, in any case.

Melvira Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 8:32pm
post #40 of 104

Gabby, I got yer back!! Let's go take 'em down!! icon_wink.gif

And sometimes I forget that peole are flying through! There are so many things to take into consideration! I agree with the not leaving constructive criticism unless it's asked for though... you can definitely paint yourself into a corner! If someone asks, "What could I have done?" I will tell them honestly, in a very kind way, what things might have worked better, but I never say those things unsolicited. I'm sorry, but I don't have my own show on food network, or my own published books on the subject, so I am NOT going to assume I am not God's gift to cake decorating! I'm more like God's little stocking stuffer. You know, a good thing, but not the true gift! icon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 8:36pm
post #41 of 104

I'D LIKE TO ADD...

The name I gave this thread is a little misleading, I was really talking more about the one word noncommital response of 'nice'. Not so much the 'Great Job!' or something like that. I was just trying to give the thread a descriptive title that wasn't too long. icon_wink.gif Ok, I can back track all I want here... what a doofus! icon_lol.gif

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 8:39pm
post #42 of 104

I am guilty of doing this. . . icon_lol.gif If only we could see all our picture comments so that I could edit the ones where I put "flawless", etc. icon_lol.gif

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 8:40pm
post #43 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmriga

I ran into a series of 4 pictures of the same cake. I only commented on one of the pics, but gave very positive feedback - it really was unique and lovely. Do you think it is necessary to comment on all 4 pics?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

In my opinion - I think one comment would be sufficient. I have posted multiple pics of the same cake before because it was hard to show everything in one pic. One comment would be fine for the group.

Also, I agree that if I have taken the time to post a comment on someone's cake - I like it... even if it may only be one word. I take the time because I think it is a great cake. I would be happy with any comments on my cakes - no matter how long they may be.

nefgaby Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 8:42pm
post #44 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Gabby, I got yer back!! Let's go take 'em down!! icon_wink.gif

Thanks Melvira! thumbs_up.gif Let's get them!!!!!!

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 8:44pm
post #45 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Hi, at least you got a NICE! I got a comment with UGLY! in one of my pictures... icon_surprised.gificon_sad.gif

OMG! I couldn't believe it, so, of course, I went into your gallery and I was looking at awesome cakes, I couldn't believe anyone would say that, then I saw the cutest snowman, wanting to know how you did that, I take a closer look, and sure enough, there it was, the words, "Ugly!!" I freaked out! Maybe in another country, it means, Awesome!

nefgaby Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 9:00pm
post #46 of 104

Thanks CakesUnleashed!!! You are too funny and maybe you are right, maybe there was a compliment somewhere in there... here is the thread to the snowmen pops, they are soo good!
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-53490.html
Thanks again!!!

cakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerator Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 9:03pm
post #47 of 104

...or maybe someone forgot to take their 'happy' pills that day.

UNbelieveable! i can't understand people. if you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all.

i think the snowmen are absolutely adorable! don't let that negative comment get you down.

patticakesnc Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 9:15pm
post #48 of 104

Too funny Cakerator!

My husband calls them my B*tch be Gone pills LOL

The snowman pops are adorable. That was really uncalled for.

Moviechick00 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 9:19pm
post #49 of 104

oooh are they on the market b***h begone pills??? LOL that would be great send me some I need those from time to time.

LOL
MC

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 9:19pm
post #50 of 104

I am guilty as charged, sometimes I am so in awe I don't know what to say.
I think everyone is doing a fabulous job on their cakes & I love looking at them, even if I only have 5 minutes like today.
June

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 9:26pm
post #51 of 104

With over 60,000 members on this board I couldn't begin to view every photo posted. But when I do and when I have a chance to post a comment I try to keep it to what my first reaction was when I saw the photo. If someone is actually asking for feedback or critiques I will do that if I have time. But for the most part I hope the person knows I was interested in their work or I wouldn't have clicked on and left a comment. I do try occasionally to PM a person who's work holds a special interest for me personally, usually something to do with gumpaste flowers or chocolate work and let them know that I think their work is excellent. That doesn't mean I don't find other's to be just as good, but I can't personally answer every one of them. So, for now I hope you will accept the fact that I posted "Beautiful" to mean that I truly do feel that way.

misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 9:29pm
post #52 of 104

[quote="CakesUnleashed"]Frankly, I am usually soooooooo excited that someone has actually taken the time to LOOK at my cake let alone COMMENT on it that I would be happy just getting an Emoticon! icon_biggrin.gif

Bless you all that have commented on my cakes with single notes!!! I will take 'um any way I can! thumbs_up.gif

Cheap date, eh? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif[/quot thumbs_up.gif

thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gif
I just looked at your cakes and WOW!!!! You are so creative!

patticakesnc Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 9:29pm
post #53 of 104

Moviechick00

I take a Vitamin B complex that helps with mood swings. It really works well. That is what he refers to. There are also stress vitamins which contain the B12 and many other B's. I guess when I take enought B's I quit being one LMAO

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 9:30pm
post #54 of 104

I am guilty of putting a picture in my favorites without a comment. icon_redface.gif Most of the time, I am short of time, and just come back later and leave one. But at least by putting it in my favorites first, I can find the picture back without going thru the entire gallery. icon_lol.gif

Just me, but since I never shut up (just ask my family) if I'm too speechless to leave you a comment, that's one huge pat on the back for you! thumbs_up.gif He He!

At any rate, y'all keep those pictures coming! I love to see 'em!

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 9:31pm
post #55 of 104

I too am guilty of one word comments. I'm sorry, I just don't know exactly how to say what I want to sometimes and I just write Beautiful!! or Gorgeous!! And i'm also guilty of saving a pic to my favorites and not commenting on it. I vow here and now to work on my problems icon_lol.gif No seriously I will try to say a little more about a picture when I comment on it from now on.

nefgaby, I don't understand how people can be so darn rude and (for a lack of a better word) ugly sometime. Like mama always said "if you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all!" Your snowman was so cute and adorable. I wish I had seen it before my son's preschool class let out for Christmas break and I would have tried to make some for the kids.

misterc Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 9:32pm
post #56 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Hi, at least you got a NICE! I got a comment with UGLY! in one of my pictures... icon_surprised.gificon_sad.gif

THAT IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!

misterc Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 9:58pm
post #57 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by patticakesnc

Too funny Cakerator!

My husband calls them my B*tch be Gone pills LOL

The snowman pops are adorable. That was really uncalled for.

I try not to swear and with your comment the word went flying through my mind but I have to say I certainly LAUGHED OUT LOUD!!!! I'll have to tell my husband that one!

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 10:13pm
post #58 of 104

I never thought of it that way. I will try to add more. There are times that I am just overwhlemed and all I can think of is "Wow". I have seen some cakes here that have blown me away and left me speechless.

There are some amazing talent on this site.

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 10:14pm
post #59 of 104

on that note..I"m going to go eat some "UGLY" marshmellows...lol

I'm taking a break from all the work..and am HUNGRY..so..UGLY or not....

GET IN MY BELLY! Tee hee

( who would be so silly to post that!??)

They were the Best looking in the bunch..lol!!

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 10:30pm
post #60 of 104

I guess I'm out there. Adding to my Favorites is the highest compliment, I only have 2 pages and the second isn't full!Favorites, to me, are "I hope I can be that good some day" cakes. I'm usually flying through the gallery searching for something when I find a Favorite. It's usually not something I can do yet, so I keep going, but after adding. The cakes I comment on are usually the ones I plan on incorporating in what I am doing, and they are "thanks for the inspiration" or question types. Thanks for starting this thread, I'll leave comments when I add to Favorites also!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%