Short Comments In Photo Gallery

Decorating By Melvira Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 2:52am by yumyumcakes

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 10:35pm
post #61 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Thanks CakesUnleashed!!! You are too funny and maybe you are right, maybe there was a compliment somewhere in there... here is the thread to the snowmen pops, they are soo good!
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-53490.html
Thanks again!!!

Kewl beans (that means, "awesome") I will have to try those soon! They are so adorable! You did a GREAT job!!! Hey, I had better put that comment on your photo. I am doing it now!!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 10:38pm
post #62 of 104

Sorry about putting those nastly words in your mind there misterc! I just couldn't resisit when I read the comment about the nice pills!

misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 10:41pm
post #63 of 104

patticakesnc I'm just glad I got to have a good laugh!!!! My husband will get a kick out of it too.

CakesUnleashed Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 10:45pm
post #64 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by patticakesnc

Moviechick00

I take a Vitamin B complex that helps with mood swings. It really works well. That is what he refers to. There are also stress vitamins which contain the B12 and many other B's. I guess when I take enought B's I quit being one LMAO

Does Vitamin B take the B out of Bee-otch???? Cuz' I need to know...for, my, uh, friend. Yeah, that's it...my friend! icon_surprised.gif

LOL!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 10:45pm
post #65 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Hi, at least you got a NICE! I got a comment with UGLY! in one of my pictures... icon_surprised.gificon_sad.gif

Nefgady, the negative comment has since been removed, comments such as that are not tolerated at Cakcentral! BTW...your snowman pop is just adorable! icon_smile.gif

patticakesnc Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 10:51pm
post #66 of 104

Missey,

That is great. I wondered about that. I thought that is horrible that they have to look at that every time they check their comments on that picture.

CakesUnleashed:
Yes! It really does work. I use to buy vitamins for stress and the B was so high in it. So when my local supermarket stopped selling them (they take everything I buy off the shelves...I swear they hate me LOL). Anyway I started buying the B complex to add to my daily vitamins. I use to be on meds for my depression and moodswings but after gaining 80 lbs on it I became more depressed! So I started doing this and it really does work!

Moviechick00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moviechick00 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 11:08pm
post #67 of 104

Ok I will have to try some of those pills they sound great!! LOL.

Yayay MIssy!!!
Get rid of those nasty mean comments!!! See Gabby we got your back...lol even though it was Missy....but we are lined up behind her. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

MC

patticakesnc Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 11:13pm
post #68 of 104

Here is a great article on the vitamin and what it helps with.

http://depression.about.com/cs/diet/a/vitamin.htm

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 11:33pm
post #69 of 104

sorry, but I take vitamin "B"s up the ying yang and people still think I'm a BITCH...

I wonder why??

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaaaa!!!

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 11:34pm
post #70 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviechick00

Yayay MIssy!!!
Get rid of those nasty mean comments!!! See Gabby we got your back...lol even though it was Missy....but we are lined up behind her. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

MC

Thanks Missy, Melvira, Cakesunleashed, Femma, THANKS EVERYBODY!! You are all too sweet and nice! I do appreciate the support and how you cheered me up! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif Gotta LOVE CC!!!!!!

Oh... and those pills sound great! Will look for them, no joke!

patticakesnc Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 12:27am
post #71 of 104

Risque I think you are the exception to every rule though!

LOL JUST KIDDING!

We love you!

CakesUnleashed Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 12:46am
post #72 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisqueBusiness

sorry, but I take vitamin "B"s up the ying yang and people still think I'm a BITCH...

I wonder why??

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaaaa!!!

As Jessica Rabbit said, "I'm not bad...I'm just drawn that way!" You wouldn't be as much fun if you weren't a bit bitchy, RB! We love you for that! thumbs_up.gificon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

mom2csc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2csc Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 1:25am
post #73 of 104

I do a variety of comments, sometimes one word. I liked the comment that says she tries to put her first thought down. For me sometimes its nice. I think we have different interpretations of that word and maybe that's where the problem lies. Sometimes I'm short on time, sometimes I've typed in more and when I hit submit there was a glitch and it didn't take so I have to retype... more likely to get a shorter response the second time. Sometimes after seeing a STUNNING cake, the next cake you see is nice in comparison. I can understand feeling disapopinted by a one word reply, but I'd try to focus on the fact that there was a reply and it wasn't negative.

Stefy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stefy Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 1:41am
post #74 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecakemaker

I have to agree on the favorites. I have noticed quite a few cakes that are in "favorites" but don't have many comments. If you have time to look and add it to your favorites you have time to say something even it it's just "great job! into my favorites it goes!".

Debbie

I don't think it's fair to assume that if you have time to hit the favorite button you have time to say something nice. You don't have to say something at all!!! I don't think people should feel that if they have time to look at a picture and bookmark it, you should say something nice about it AND if you're going to say something nice it needs to be longer than a one or two word answer. Comments on pictures are special - be thankful you got any response at all - actually everyone should be thankful that anyone looked at their picture anyway

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 2:17am
post #75 of 104

nefgaby,
I'm glad the "ugly" comment was removed from the comments for your Snowman Pops!
I have a couple of CCer's cakes/names that when I'm searching for inspiration, I go to their galleries. Yours is one of them thumbs_up.gif I'm serious and not just making a "nice" comment.
I recently became a Gallery Supporter and make an effort to at least make positive comments on 3-4 new entries every day. I believe that is part of the commitment agreed upon when becoming a supporter.
I'm still new to the cake decorating art and it does make you feel happy when someone takes the time to view your cakes and especially when a comment is left. Everyone needs support, encouragement and kindness. icon_smile.gif

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 3:26am
post #76 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs4492

Everyone needs support, encouragement and kindness. icon_smile.gif

Thank you soo much Mjs4492, icon_redface.gif you are making me blush...
I do really appreciate all the kind words I got today, thank you thank you thank you!
You all are the BEST! thumbs_up.gif

edited: I forgot to add... and I quoted you as I agree 100% with your statement, that is why we all are here, to improve and to get support from eachother! Well said! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 3:38am
post #77 of 104

I agree some things are better left unsaid I feel that way too I know CC wants all the pictures to be commented on but I rather no comments than lies or pathetic comments like "nice" unless is like stunning, fantastic, speechless something like that but just "nice' I feel the same way you do Melvira I had someone comment on a cakee writing would have made it better I liked that this person wasn't trying to just say something nice but also gave a tip that helps better than just "nice" but I also think some of us do it without even noticing someone might get offended sorry if I have but I'm not very good anyways

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 3:40am
post #78 of 104

Enough whining already. icon_lol.gif I'd be happy with any comment as long as it wasn't "That sucks!" icon_rolleyes.gif

CakesUnleashed Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 4:25am
post #79 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by nglez09

Enough whining already. icon_lol.gif I'd be happy with any comment as long as it wasn't "That sucks!" icon_rolleyes.gif

I hear ya! If they think my cake sucks...they can choose to NOT leave a comment, thank you very much!! Otherwise, as I stated earlier, a single emoticon would be appreciated! I'd feel flattered!!

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 4:29am
post #80 of 104

Get over it! We are not all cookie cutter robots...some people emote and some people don't. Be thankful for what you get!!!!! Grief!!!! LOLOL!

CakesUnleashed Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 4:33am
post #81 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoov

Get over it! We are not all cookie cutter robots...some people emote and some people don't. Be thankful for what you get!!!!! Grief!!!! LOLOL!

Yeah.....what she said......yeah!

strawberry0121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strawberry0121 Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 4:56am
post #82 of 104

I have to say that sometimes when I add something to my favorites, it is to use some part of the cake as inspiration. I guess I should leave THAT in a comment, huh?
I am very proud of everone for maiking this such a POSITIVE thread! When I saw the length of it and the topic, I assumed there had to be some heat and cake slinging going on. What a pleasant surprise to see such positivity and support!!!! I sometimes post on a Weight Watchers forum and there are some MEAN women on that thing!!!

Thanks for the request, Melvira!!

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 1:41pm
post #83 of 104

I agree with Monika (btw, I love,love,love your signature!!)..I left this thread yesterday afternoon and fully expected to come back and see it locked, as this could become a very touchy subject. I think it speaks volumes about the character and maturity of CCer's that this thread did not become ugly in the least, despite the differing opinions. It's very refreshing in the current climate to see people acting like adults and 'agreeing to disagree'. thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 3:26pm
post #84 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoov

Aren't you just a ball of sunshine? icon_lol.gif Not robots? Does not compute, does not compute, my programming does not recognize your sarcasm, circuitry overload! Weeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooo hisssssssssssss *steam rising from my disembodied head rolling on the floor* Oh, now you've done it. I hope you're happy! icon_lol.gif

patticakesnc Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 3:31pm
post #85 of 104

LOL Melvira!

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 3:35pm
post #86 of 104

LOLOLOLOL.............s o r r y..............LOLOL I felt much better after that post! Merry Christmas to all~ I'm going shopping!

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 3:40pm
post #87 of 104

Melvira, I got a picture of Rosie from the Jetsons in my head with the monotone voice and smoke coming out of her!!!!!! You are too funny!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 4:01pm
post #88 of 104

Well, pick me up a roll of duct tape while you're out... I can't finish this wedding cake with no head!! icon_wink.gif

strawberry0121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strawberry0121 Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 4:42pm
post #89 of 104

Thanks, Shelbur!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 4:48pm
post #90 of 104

heh, heh, heh...Image

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%