Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 5:07pm
post #91 of 104

Hahahahah!!

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 5:32pm
post #92 of 104

Melvira,
I have to agree with you wholeheartedly. I too am appreciative of all comments on my photos but certainly feel the ones telling me exactly what the person liked are more fun and helpful. When I leave comments on photos I try to tell the decorator exactly what I liked because that's what I like back for myself too. Even if it's just the border or the colors or design. Heck even the cake board or stand. Anything!

KimAZ

oolala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oolala Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 5:38pm
post #93 of 104

when I like a photo, I make "full sentences" comments.
If I do not like the what I'm seeing, I don't make a comment.

You know they say: "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all ".............I try to live by that.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:31am
post #94 of 104

Oh I am sorry, I quite often write "nice" because I am trying to comment on as many cakes as I can find time to do so......its not meant as an insult........I have many cakes with not one comment, and that means to me, it was not even good enough to comment on....I will take "nice" any day .....

queenie1958 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenie1958 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:03am
post #95 of 104

I so so love your pug dog cake.
I have a pug named Ryley and when I get better at cake decorating
I think I will give it a whirl.
PS all your cakes are awesome.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:23pm
post #96 of 104

playingwithsugar - multiple photos should be reported, they are not allowed. this is a great post about it http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-625406-.html

i like any comment, especially if theres specifics. but, il take anything nice.

anything not nice - reported straight away.

sometimes i can do great detailed comments, sometimes it just really is a nice cake - but i do try to explain why, like it all just works, or something.
i do go through the uncommented pages, there was a brief time when they were basically empty, so i was on the recently uploaded lot, leaving second comments. ah, those times were good! icon_smile.gif
xx

Melvira Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:32pm
post #97 of 104

Uh-oh, this thread has been resurrected! Another highly controversial subject which I am SO sorry I started. icon_rolleyes.gif In my defense, that was like 3 years ago or something. I've grown since then! icon_lol.gif

Let's chalk it up like this... I am high maintenance. I have accepted that, I know it's true. I've spent years trying to deny it, but it all boils down to me being an attention whore. If you leave a comment like 'nice' on one of my cakes, I appreciate it. I really do! I smooch your cheek for thinking my cake is nice. If you leave a more detailed response, then I am just that much happier. I smooch both your cheeks! There are no right or wrong comments, I just really like the tasty ones that give me that wonderful feeling of accomplishments. So, I apologize to anyone who is offended, thinking 'nice' is bad in my book!

Thanks for the compliment on the pug cake. But I did his eyes too high so he kind of looks like a mixed breed. Hehehe. I want to do it over so I can make it right. Hopefully she'll want another one! icon_lol.gif

beenzee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beenzee Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:37pm
post #98 of 104

The fact that someone took the time to comment says a lot in and of itself.
Most of my cakes get very few comments. It is disappointing, but I've never done anything other than shrug and say whatever.
I've seen many threads where people complain how annoying it is everytime someone says "why doesn't anyone comment.."
So someone actually commenting and telling me my cake is nice tells me they liked it. Nuff said, for me!

beenzee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beenzee Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:38pm
post #99 of 104

WOW! Didn't realize this was originally from 3 years ago! K, Now thats just silly!

yumyumcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yumyumcakes Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:42pm
post #100 of 104

I know this is about posting comments about your photo that you put up but I would like to add my .02... It would be nice to have someone comment or help when asked for help when you post something in the Forum. 4 days ago I asked for some help on some CasaBlanca Lily I have to do. I had one reply (by the way Thank You) and had over 50 people look at the post but no other replies??? icon_sad.gif Ok feel a little better icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:46pm
post #101 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumyumcakes

I know this is about posting comments about your photo that you put up but I would like to add my .02... It would be nice to have someone comment or help when asked for help when you post something in the Forum. 4 days ago I asked for some help on some CasaBlanca Lily I have to do. I had one reply (by the way Thank You) and had over 50 people look at the post but no other replies??? icon_sad.gif Ok feel a little better icon_smile.gif

That does happen from time to time. It's a multitude of things. Some people look and realize they can't help you, so they move on without saying something, then other people pop in and see that someone else answered the question and assume that it's 'said and done' so they don't comment either. I know it's frustrating, sorry!

isabow2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isabow2 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 3:15pm
post #102 of 104

I'm w/Mel, I'm kinda an attention whore too! When I finish a cake my BF will sometimes say, "Yeah that looks good. So about my new tool...." on a cake that took me hours & I'm exhausted! So I post my pics here to get my "warm fuzzies". Lame, yes I know. icon_rolleyes.gif

I am appreciative of comments & have started asking for criticism. I've gotten some good suggestions from ppl already & was happy that they took the time to tell me how to improve (as I'm self taught). THANKS!

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 3:38pm
post #103 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumyumcakes

I think many are checking to see if there was an answer, because they most likely don't know the answer either. There is no sense in everyone commenting saying "i'd like to know the answer too.. or BUMP" because then someone has to scroll back to the first page of the thread and find the exact question. Those who can help are generally VERY helpful.. so just be patient icon_smile.gif Many times i've posted something and haven't gotten any responses.. such as last week when I requested a Mocha filling. I got one response. I'm sure plenty of people have great mocha recipes, but not the time to post it, or those who did look wanted the reicpe as well. I don't take offense to it.

This place is super helpful so i'm sure those who can help will help =)

yumyumcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yumyumcakes Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 2:52am
post #104 of 104

Thank you guys...I do feel better! I'll just wait until someone can give me a hint on my questions. I do love this site and I have learned alot just from the short time I have been a member....Again Thank you guys icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%