Check Out This Website

Decorating By Dennysse Updated 13 Oct 2007 , 5:06am by woodthi32

judylynnturner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judylynnturner Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 7:53pm
post #121 of 205

Ok, I have been watching this thread all morning.

I have seen some of the not so nice posts. And I have seen the ones that were supportive until it was discovered the photos were copied.

I can just imagine how this lady feels--it hasn't been so long ago I was attacked, not for photos but for another reason and I have not mentioned it until now. I will not be part of a site that doesn't give the other party time to correct the problem once it was brought to her attention.

There are a lot of good people here, but really, what is being accomplished by publishing this type of dirty laundry? I understand that if it were my photos, I would be upset, but I would not have posted on here, I would have contacted the person first and allowed them a chance to explain. Alot of people on here have posted and there cakes weren't even the ones taken. Can we please leave this lady alone and give her the chance to correct this without any other negativity?

Are we guilty of cyber-harrassment?

"Cyberbullying" is when a child, preteen or teen is tormented, threatened, harassed, humiliated, embarrassed or otherwise targeted by another child, preteen or teen using the Internet, interactive and digital technologies or mobile phones. It has to have a minor on both sides, or at least have been instigated by a minor against another minor. Once adults become involved, it is plain and simple cyber-harassment or cyberstalking. Adult cyber-harassment or cyberstalking is NEVER called cyberbullying.

Can we please have a moderator look at this thread and decide if it should remain on here? Weren't the previous threads removed?

Can someone please post a stickie on how to watermark your photos on the home page with a warning that if we do not watermark our photos we are opening ourselves up to this type of action whether innocently or not?

I can't remember when I signed up if in the rules, there was anything about taking photos from this sight, but if it isn't maybe there should be a stipulation added that if you copy a photo and do not give credit or have express written permission from the original creator, you will be banned from here?

Has this lady posted a response on here yet? Maybe if she did and explained what happened, it would alleviate some of the tension.

Thank you for allowing me to express my thoughts on this matter and I hope that I have not offended anyone, IF I did, please understand, that was not my intention. I do not defend any photo stealing, but I do know what it is like to be upset by something and not given a fair chance to defend myself.

ChristineMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristineMarie Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 8:04pm
post #122 of 205

She was contacted hours ago. The photos are still up. Still not response to both of my emails not the message left. She has not answered a phone call either. She is not being "cyber harrased" She has been asked to remove the photo(s). Any simple minded person knows it it is incorrect to do what she/he did. And if any guilt is felt it is deserved. You steal a cookie from the cookie jar your hand is gonna get slapped. Use wise judgement. Be proud of your own work, regardless of your skill level. The photo I had stolen was actually one of my beginner photos, not so hot. (Probably even one of the ones made fun of earlier)There should be a disclaimer about stealing photos when you sign up here on CC. If you are caught you will lose membership. It is not nice. And it should be recommended to watermark photos to discourage such acts of dishonesty. I agree that instructions should be posted for those who do not know how to watermark photos. It is sad that it is needed. I have learned a great deal from members here, I have been amazed at just how kind and helpful people are here on CC. I think we have a wonderful community with many wonderful members. I am sorry to see people put a sour note on things around here.

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 8:43pm
post #123 of 205

is it a glitch in my computer? but it seems her gallery has been taken down. i can no longer click the link to get to the cake photos. it seems she has taken action and is removing the photos, though i haven't heard from her.

edited to add: i can still manually type in the gallery address into my browser and get to the photos (which are still there) but it looks like the link from the home page is disabled. its a start at least i think!

judylynnturner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judylynnturner Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 8:49pm
post #124 of 205

Please keep in mind, I do not condone any theft of photos.

IF she is doing her cakes for free, maybe she has a fulltime job she is at. I am fortunate enough to have a job that allows down time and I am able to come here and learn alot. I think there are some great decorators here. And I have asked many people about techniques and they have been very helpful.

I doubt my skills will ever match up to most of the people here.

Again, we do not need to be name calling anyone. And yes, in my opinion--which is what this is--my opinion--we have not given her time to respond if she has a job. Again, a job is speculation.

I am sorry for the ones whose photos were taken. I know we all put a lot of hard work into our cakes--even us beginners.

I only feel like some of the posts are cyber harrassement because I read them and remembered how I felt over what happened with me and being harrassed. No one gave me a chance to explain and I think we should allow her that. We have all been on here all day, some have called her, some have emailed her.

Yes, if you are caught with your hand in the cookie jar, you are caught. Just give her time to correct this. I thought I read in an earlier post the lady said her website was blocked. I am sure there are channels to go through to pull the photos.

Again, people need to realize how horribly they sometimes sound when upset--even when they have a right to be or even when they feel justified. What ever happened to take time to act and not re-act to a situation? What ever happened to taking the time to find out exactly what happened and not getting all the facts? We all know what it means when we ASSUME something. I just feel in my opinion some are re-acting in haste and normally they would not act like that. Normally, we are level headed people on here, but when under stress we say and do things that are against our nature and later regret what we said or how we said it--even if we were right.

Again, I am sorry for the ones whose photos were pirated. I am not condoning her actions. I am just wondering if we are treating her with respect because she is still a human being.

I too am sorry to see people put a sour note on things. That was why I wrote my first post. And again, I do not mean to offend anyone or make anyone more upset by this post. I would just like to see everyone take time to diffuse before anything else is said. There are many things on this web site that I could take offensively, including stating "simple minded" person should know better. The term "simple minded" is considered derogatory slang and could be misconstrued as it has three very different definitions:

1. Lacking in subtlety or sophistication; artless or naive
2. Stupid or silly; foolish.
3. Mentally impaired.

All I want anyone to realize is we need to be carefull what we say and how we say it. Is that not a lesson we also teach our children? Or are we living with the old law of she hurt me so now I am gonna hurt her worse?

Again, we just need to give this lady time. When I asked the moderator to remove my business name because some people found it offensive, it still took some time. It wasn't done immediately. I did so without prejudice or regret. I am hoping this lady will do the same. I am hoping she will do everything she can to remove the photos and issue an apology to all whom she has wronged.

ChristineMarie, I am hoping we are on the same side. I know your photos were taken, and I sorry your were hurt by someone's actions. I pray that you will heal quickly from this and that all parties involved are able to feel better when the final outcome is over and the photos are down. Thank you for agreeing with me on some of the suggestions.

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 9:16pm
post #125 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineMarie

She was contacted hours ago. The photos are still up. Still not response to both of my emails not the message left. She has not answered a phone call either. She is not being "cyber harrased" She has been asked to remove the photo(s). Any simple minded person knows it it is incorrect to do what she/he did. And if any guilt is felt it is deserved. You steal a cookie from the cookie jar your hand is gonna get slapped. Use wise judgement. Be proud of your own work, regardless of your skill level. The photo I had stolen was actually one of my beginner photos, not so hot. (Probably even one of the ones made fun of earlier)There should be a disclaimer about stealing photos when you sign up here on CC. If you are caught you will lose membership. It is not nice. And it should be recommended to watermark photos to discourage such acts of dishonesty. I agree that instructions should be posted for those who do not know how to watermark photos. It is sad that it is needed. I have learned a great deal from members here, I have been amazed at just how kind and helpful people are here on CC. I think we have a wonderful community with many wonderful members. I am sorry to see people put a sour note on things around here.

let me clarify before I post this....I do not agree that someone should use another persons cake photo as their own work WITHOUT permission....but......wouldn't this also apply to everyone who saves a photo on their computer off of cc?? i dont think that will work because or at least I thought this site was for sharing.....

it kills me how quick so many are to jump up and say shame shame....I hope those who have never make a simple mistake in life ......which in this case could very possibly be.....its hard for some who post all day everyday to think there are actual members here who do not post in the forums more less read them, so they may not know the "rules" of the cc gang and what is to come if they do!! .....when I first came to cc I used it to look at photos and stumbled across the forum....I know several members here...two who are relatives who have never stepped foot into the forums....but like to use the gallery.......it is possible icon_wink.gif

ChristineMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristineMarie Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 9:35pm
post #126 of 205

I think it is for sharing. Sharing of ideas. Helping one another out. Inspiration from photos. Tips and recipes. I also feel if you use a photo that credit should be given. For instance, I was inspired to make this cake from CC member etc. Many of the ideas for my cakes have not been my own. But I do acknowledge the source of inspiration here on CC. And I believe there has been a time when I had forgotten to save the inspiration photo and still wrote that I was inspired by a cake from a fellow CCer and if they saw their cake or if someone knew whos it was to please tell me so that I may add that info to the description or reload the photo etc. I am on CC for advice and for inspiration and am very grateful to the help I have received. Even if members only see the gallery photos I am sure they stumble on the desciptions which many times do give credit to someone else for the idea. In the even that one decided to just "take" a photo I think it should mention the cake was not made by them and serves as an idea and hopefully give credit to the actual decorater. That is something Id rather not deal with personally. I dont know if I can actually make the cake I am offering until I actually try to make it myself. I would be too nervous to do such a thing. I have attempted cakes for that reason and then quickly realize I am not ready to offer that style to a potential customer. In the future I will try to watermark my photos from this experiance. Yes we all make mistakes and hopefully we learn from them too.
Id like to thank the owner of freeweddingcakes.com for making the gallery link inactive until the photos are removed or properly captioned. And JudyLynnTurner for pointing out some not so nice things I said without thinking too much. Sorry if anyone was offended.

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 9:40pm
post #127 of 205
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysCC

I think everyone should remember to remain calm and only let those who have had their pictures taken contact this person. This is what we did the last time this happened and it was resolved peacefully.

Someone just posted another website with stolen pictures.
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5650783.html#5650783

I think it is important that we stay on top of these sites and let them know that what they are doing is wrong.

Oh I contacted her alright here is my sweet heart to heart

I cannot believe the nerve of you.
REMOVE my photo from your website immidiately.
http://www.freeweddingcakes.com/cake-gallery/dotpurple.html
cake # 15 is MINE I MADE IT NOT YOU. How dare you. Not even credit was given. Are you that low of a human being. Have you NO talent of your own??
Find another hobby. I am not the only one either I suggest you remove ALL the ones you have stolen.
Have a wonderful day . Go to church or something

Will see if she writes back or removes it....Ill be sure to let you know

Ok she copied your pic to her website (she didnt steal it you still have it), but do u think you handle this like an adult, and then post it here thinking its cute..Im sorry but I do not find it funny.AND YES I KNOW PEOPLE CAN SAY WHAT THEY WANT......if you went to church, Im sure you would have said something else.... thumbsdown.gif

TandTHarrell Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 9:46pm
post #128 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith

I'm disappointed with the mean calls and emails that you all are sending this woman. They could have been much more tactful and less immature. I just imagine a beginning cake decorator at home getting these horrible messages out of no where. She's definitely a beginner and probably had no idea she was doing was a professional discourtesy. It will most likely take a lot of joy of cake decorating from her when she could have used the help and support of other cake decorators.

Yes I agree........

Luckylurker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luckylurker Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 9:54pm
post #129 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsline7

Quote:

let me clarify before I post this....I do not agree that someone should use another persons cake photo as their own work WITHOUT permission....but......wouldn't this also apply to everyone who saves a photo on their computer off of cc?? i dont think that will work because or at least I thought this site was for sharing.....

it kills me how quick so many are to jump up and say shame shame....I hope those who have never make a simple mistake in life ......which in this case could very possibly be.....its hard for some who post all day everyday to think there are actual members here who do not post in the forums more less read them, so they may not know the "rules" of the cc gang and what is to come if they do!! .....when I first came to cc I used it to look at photos and stumbled across the forum....I know several members here...two who are relatives who have never stepped foot into the forums....but like to use the gallery.......it is possible icon_wink.gif

Saving photos from the forums to your computer is completely different than using them on your website as if you made them. One of the biggest reasons I come here is to get ideas, and I'm sure most people use this board that way. I'm totally fine with anyone using my cakes for ideas, that is why I post them. I hope every once in awhile someone is inspired to improve on things I've done. I don't expect to get tons of compliments on my cakes, or saves to favorite folders because I don't do that either. When I find cakes that I think are interesting, or good ideas, or just plain beautiful, I copy them to my idea folder on my computer. I rarely comment and rarely save items to my favorite folder because it's easier to just have them on my computer. I'm guessing most people do it this way. I know when my cakes are good and I don't really need lots of people to say so (although it is nice when they do). I also know when they need improvement, and I think it is nice when people offer ideas on how to improve. I don't think it is ok to pass off other's work as your own, mostly because it is misleading, and it irritates people. As for this lady doing the free cakes, it actually makes a lot more sense now why she is doing them free. She is probably a beginner, or she would not have used other's photos (she would have used her own), and she really does need the practice, thus the free cakes. I don't think she was probably trying to annoy anyone. I think most of us began by giving away our beginner stuff, I know I did. I still do many cakes for cost, or barely above cost because they are friends or family. Since I do them for cost though, I use those as my experiments. icon_smile.gif Anyway, I only posted this website because I thought it was crazy to advertise free cakes. I guess it was good that she found out it was not ok to use other people's pictures, but I think it was probably too hard of a lesson. I hope that she is not discouraged from cake decorating.

myohmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myohmy Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 10:18pm
post #130 of 205

I am the bad guy! I am freeweddingcakes.com.

Let me first apologise to those people who's pictures I used as an examples of what I can do. With hindsight I should have contacted the owners or at least gave the original creators credit. I would surf all night looking at pictures and saving them to my HD but never saved who created it. It was always my intention to give credit but by the time the gallery was ready I had about 1k pics and no way of finding who made them.
I am just starting, I put up pictures of cakes I know I am capable of doing. I never said they were my cakes and some of them actually are my cakes. We all have to start somewhere.
This is not a scam. I make no profit. Stands and so on are deposit only, no rental fee. It's a combination of love for weddings and my hobby which is cake decorating.
I have made several cakes so far and people are happy.
If you see your picture please let me know and I will remove it.

FlowerGirlMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlowerGirlMN Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 10:36pm
post #131 of 205

myohmy,

I think it was a silly/stupid mistake, and I hope you've learned your lesson with this..

That said, don't you think it would be best to take down ALL photos that aren't yours, put up ones that are yours, and if you want to show examples of cakes you could theoretically do... maybe say so and do it as links to "inspiration" sites or so forth? Maybe start a new search for cakes and start ASKING if it's ok to use a photo with PROPER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT on your site?

You've pissed an awful lot of people off here, I don't know that "let me know and I'll remove it" is such a hot idea. Start fresh!

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 10:42pm
post #132 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmy

I am the bad guy! I am the website in question here.
Let me first apologize to those people who's pictures I used as an examples of what I can do. With hindsight I should have contacted the owners or at least gave the original creators credit. I would surf all night looking at pictures and saving them to my HD but never saved who created it. It was always my intention to give credit but by the time the gallery was ready I had about 1k pics and no way of finding who made them.
I am just starting, I put up pictures of cakes I know I am capable of doing. I never said they were my cakes and some of them actually are my cakes. We all have to start somewhere.
This is not a scam. I make no profit. Stands and so on are deposit only, no rental fee. It's a combination of love for weddings and my hobby which is cake decorating.
I have made several cakes so far and people are happy.
If you see your picture please let me know and I will remove it.

thankyou for apologizing, and i for one accept. i must second what flowergirl said though. every photo you have posted that is not yours should be taken down. it really wouldn't matter if you gave people credit on your site, if you didn't get written permission from the owners of the photos in the first place it is illegal. thankyou for taking action on this quickly.

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 10:53pm
post #133 of 205

myohmy

I think you are a very brave woman to come on and apologize. I just want to say that I think that the only people you have to listen to are the people that you took pictures from and posted them. They have a right to be upset and to them you owe the apology.

The rest of us... it is none of our business.

Okay, before I get flogged... I know we all watch out for each other and that is a good thing. But as mentioned in previous posts.. unless you were effected by this, it really is not for us to slander this woman.

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 11:00pm
post #134 of 205

myohmy,

Welcome to cake central. icon_smile.gif I hope you stay and have a pleasant experience.

TandTHarrell Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 11:26pm
post #135 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith

myohmy,

Welcome to cake central. icon_smile.gif I hope you stay and have a pleasant experience.

I seconde that....... thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 11:44pm
post #136 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmy

I would surf all night looking at pictures and saving them to my HD but never saved who created it. It was always my intention to give credit but by the time the gallery was ready I had about 1k pics and no way of finding who made them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckylurker

When I find cakes that I think are interesting, or good ideas, or just plain beautiful, I copy them to my idea folder on my computer. I rarely comment and rarely save items to my favorite folder because it's easier to just have them on my computer. I'm guessing most people do it this way.

Hmmm...Even though I knew people did this...saving to their computer...I never really thought about it. I don't like the idea of someone having my picture on their hard drive with no credit given to me. This would especially be true on cakes that were entirely my idea and creation. I tend to be a Wilton copycat on most of my cakes and those don't matter as much.

I've been waiting until CC upgrades to watermark because now, if you update your picture, you lose your keywords and title. Now I am thinking, either all my pictures come off tonight or I do some major watermarking. I'm not sure what to do icon_confused.gif

All this seemed so much fun at first but my cakes are mine. It's almost, but not quite, like knowing someone has pictures of your kids on their computer that they look at all the time.

I really don't like the thought that someone would use my cake pictures to promote their business.

coldtropics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coldtropics Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 12:18am
post #137 of 205

You know... you people can get really mean and nasty. I am all for constructive critisism... but no one has to plain nasty. She didnt steal one of your kids. Its CAKE> flour, sugar, butter and eggs. Give me a break. She's not the first wont be the last. Why dont youall confront the person professionally and privatly vs. holding public lynchings. Ive said before... i dont have a problem with anyone using my cakes. I am a very well respected business owner in a large city... who knows many of you may have tasted my cakes or at least seen them. Everyone of you uses other peoples cakes for insperation. If thats not wrong neither is this. Believe me... if your product is not a quality one you cant stay in business. If the person lacks talent she/he will eventually out themselves. I dont think they need any help from any of you.

modthyrth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
modthyrth Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 12:32am
post #138 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoweddingcookies

But as mentioned in previous posts.. unless you were effected [sic] by this, it really is not for us to slander [sic] this woman.

For one thing, it would be libel, not slander. Slander is spoken, libel is written.

And it's not libel if it's true. Truth is a complete defense. No false statements were made, therefore no libel occurred.

Ok, now that the legal issue is cleared up, I'll add my welcome and admiration for how you've handled this situation, myohmy.

Love,
Mod, J.D.

modthyrth Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 12:35am
post #139 of 205

Coldtropics--it's not about cake. It's about intellectual property. It's about the law. Ignorance is not an excuse under the eyes of the courts. Nor is disagreeing with a law. If you have a problem with copyright law, take it up with your representatives, but just because you disagree doesn't mean that it's legal or that other people should feel the same as you.

coldtropics Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 12:41am
post #140 of 205

dude. whatever... i pick my battles wisely. and had i had a cake picture stolen... so be it.. i have enough to keep myself busy that i dont have time to internalize garbage. coke stole from pepsi or vice versa... and so on. keep things in perspective. in the grand scheme of things i dont think any of you will be sharing the story of the stolen cake with any of your great grand children on your death beds.

modthyrth Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 12:44am
post #141 of 205

It's entirely your right not to enforce your IP rights. Lots of people make that choice. But it's also not your place to tell people that they have to agree with your take on things.

coldtropics Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 12:47am
post #142 of 205

dont tell me what my place is. i meerly stated an opinion. i didnt tell anyone what to do.

modthyrth Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 12:53am
post #143 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldtropics

dont [sic (times two)] tell me what my place is. i [sic] meerly [sic] stated an opinion. i [sic] didnt [sic] tell anyone what to do.

Point noted. You merely insinuated that people were ridiculous for caring about intellectual property rights. As an IP attorney, I disagree. As a successful business owner, I disagree. You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine.

FlowerGirlMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlowerGirlMN Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 1:08am
post #144 of 205

I think the spirit of coldtropic's statement was that people went *way* over the top about it.

Whether you choose to enforce your IP rights or not.. it's not really an excuse to act like a nutcase. I'm willing to bet that your law firm doesn't work itself up into a lather in communications with copyright infringers the way some of these posts have. I'm thinking specifically of the "go to church" email.

I understand being upset, I don't understand the utter lack of maturity and professionalism from some of those involved.

And seriously.. if you're going to wig out about having your pictures stolen.. for pete's sake WATERMARK THEM.

lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 1:14am
post #145 of 205

Im thinking this is gunna get locked soon, so I want to put my 2 cents worth in.
I REALLY hope the people with the negative comments feel stupid now! Weren't we all taught growing up if you can't say something nice, don't say it at all? This is a site where a LOT of people come to LEARN! I dont come here to get bashed! Whatever cakes we post we are PROUD of! Constructive critisism is one thing, but a statement of - she would flunk out of pastry school, or pointing out bumps and imperfections- is quite another. If you had known those were pictures people from CC made would you have said the same thing? You ALWAYS keep your negative feelings about someone else to yourself, as you never know who's listening. My cakes are very UNPROFESSIONAL, are people here looking at them and laughing? No, I didnt go to pastry school, which is why Im on here!
Im not trying to offend here, but I feel offended because not one of my cakes doesnt' have a bump, or dent, or some other slight imperfection. We dont hinder people here from doing what we love to do, we're supposed to help! I REALLY hope those that posted all the RUDE remarks think twice about speaking before realizing who might actually hear those remarks!

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 1:27am
post #146 of 205

Lets get back to the original issue! The free cake thing.my hubby pointed out to me that doing the cakes for cost only, is not such a good idea after all, I told him it may be a good way to build a large list of clients, he says as soon as you start charging regular prices they would start complaining "how come it cost me $50 before for the supplies and now is $300.00?' , also he says they will be quick to complain about any little thing. He says only do the cost thing for family and friends. I am thinking he is right.

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 1:31am
post #147 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by modthyrth

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoweddingcookies

But as mentioned in previous posts.. unless you were effected [sic] by this, it really is not for us to slander [sic] this woman.

For one thing, it would be libel, not slander. Slander is spoken, libel is written.

And it's not libel if it's true. Truth is a complete defense. No false statements were made, therefore no libel occurred
Ok, now that the legal issue is cleared up, I'll add my welcome and admiration for how you've handled this situation, myohmy.

Love,
Mod, J.D.

how do you figure?? some flat out called her a thief....as it was pointed out she didnt technically steal the picture, the original is in the so-called owners posession...is she using it...yes....but without a watermark or copyright printed on it that she didnt remove.....who's to say who's picture it is.....so how is she a thief??

again I am not saying its right to present someone elses work as your own....but in the same it isnt ok to grab your pitchforks and light up the torches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modthyrth

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldtropics

dont [sic (times two)] tell me what my place is. i [sic] meerly [sic] stated an opinion. i [sic] didnt [sic] tell anyone what to do.

Point noted. You merely insinuated that people were ridiculous for caring about intellectual property rights. As an IP attorney, I disagree. As a successful business owner, I disagree. You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine.

ta-da a new low...did you really quote it that way??? thumbsdown.gif

I hope I never ever get a pole stuck so far up in places some of you seem to have ! tapedshut.gificon_confused.gif

adriandrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adriandrea Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 1:33am
post #148 of 205

I totally agree with trent we don´t need to be mean ( i didn´t read the hole post) but personally i dont think what she does is a bad idea...
Im a beginner and everysingle cake i have made ( that is not for my dauhgter) I just give them as a present ...that way i get to practice this woman is being intelligent she is getting practice without spending money while she gets to be well know and make his portfolio.... it doesn´t sound bad...

I read something about pictures from other persons in her web site ...well she did apologize for that...

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:08am
post #149 of 205

on a happier note twinsline7 are those your boys? they are so cute, I have 3 of my own. I wanted to put their pic as my avatar but the file was to big, how did you get yours on?

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:52am
post #150 of 205

ok, to bring a whole new turn on this......
lemon white chocolate.....sounds to yummy.
Does anyone have directions that they can share with me??? You can PM me if you would like.
Thanks!!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%