Check Out This Website

Decorating By Dennysse Updated 13 Oct 2007 , 5:06am by woodthi32

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:42pm
post #61 of 205

To those of you who have had your pictures taken...you are going to contact her and ask her to remove them aren't you? It isn't right that she is using others photos. And I'm thinking you need to stand up for those who don't know she is using their photos.

Why oh why does this keep happening? I would think that by now CC members should know better than to take photos from here.

Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:43pm
post #62 of 205

Oh my gosh my cake is on her website! Cake #5. I am flattered and irritated all at the same time. I have seen other posts where people had their pictures "stolen" and I thought, must be nice to do such good work that someone would want to take credit for it. Now mine's been hijacked! Woo hoo I have evolved! icon_biggrin.gif

OK so I just called the number and left a message telling her that she did not make the cake, I did and it's pretty rude that she would take my picture and post it as her own so please remove it. We'll see what happens!

tnuty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnuty Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:44pm
post #63 of 205

that is probably why she is giving them away for free..Becuase she cant really do a nice job, she has to steal from others.

tye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tye Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:45pm
post #64 of 205

im going to tell myself that the only reason mine werent stolen is cuz i watermark my photos.. that HAS to be the reason.. right?? right??? <someone hold me>

ChristineMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristineMarie Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:46pm
post #65 of 205

SHE STOLE MY CAKE PICTURE! I was just contacted by a local cake friend http://www.freeweddingcakes.com/cake-gallery/dotpurple.html

THAT is MY cake I MADE and posted here on CC. What an A-HOLE shes is building her portfolio allright! With photos of cakes she has never made! I am appalled. I am not an expert cake maker by any means but I take pride in what i do. I am learning and working hard to improve it just makes me sick! Look in my photos in the gallery There it is. and yeah "her cakes are pretty good" BUT THEY ARENT HERES i swear the nerve. At least say this cake was made by ______ I can make one similar. Ive seen this happen to people on CC before but i NEVER thought it wold happen to me. Its sad. I hope you ALL check out her site for more stolen photos. I hope Cake Central finds out who she is and she is banned.

Cynita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cynita Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:47pm
post #66 of 205

Meancat,
No, I wouldn't like to be lied to and someone fill my head with false hope. However, like someone previously stated, "somethings are better left unsaid." There are times and places were corrective criticism is ok, but you don't always have to say what you're thinking or what's on your mind. That's a sign of immaturity. I could use the corrective criticism thing on my kids, but I can't go to a total stranger and try to correct them and say it's just corrective criticism. It don't work that way.
Much love,
Cynita

tye Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:47pm
post #67 of 205

doesnt she have to be a member to even view the pics??

KathysCC Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:48pm
post #68 of 205

I think it is funny that everyone was critiqueing her skills earlier in the post. icon_lol.gif They aren't even her skills. icon_confused.gif

Poor LisaMS. Don't worry. Your cakes are beautiful and I'd pay money for them icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

DEBBIE157 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DEBBIE157 Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:49pm
post #69 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by tye

are we sure she's not the same person on CC and that website??

well, the person here-- their profile says they are in Cincinnati Ohio, not Las Vegas.

tye Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:49pm
post #70 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynita

Meancat,
No, I wouldn't like to be lied to and someone fill my head with false hope. However, like someone previously stated, "somethings are better left unsaid." There are times and places were corrective criticism is ok, but you don't always have to say what you're thinking or what's on your mind. That's a sign of immaturity. I could use the corrective criticism thing on my kids, but I can't go to a total stranger and try to correct them and say it's just corrective criticism. It don't work that way.
Much love,
Cynita

the reason behind her website is no longer the issue at hand... she can make a million cakes for free and at cost.. BUT SHE'S STEALING THE PHOTOS OF CAKES THAT SHE DIDNT EVEN MAKE.. (im boiling) icon_mad.gif

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:53pm
post #71 of 205

I do believe so tye.
You have to be a member to see the pics in the first place.
My cakes are all too weird to ever be stolen, but dang, this just ain't right.
I have my theories about why she jacked the pictures she's chosen.....but I will keep that to myself.

KathysCC Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:55pm
post #72 of 205

I think everyone should remember to remain calm and only let those who have had their pictures taken contact this person. This is what we did the last time this happened and it was resolved peacefully.

Someone just posted another website with stolen pictures.
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5650783.html#5650783

I think it is important that we stay on top of these sites and let them know that what they are doing is wrong.

ctackett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctackett Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:59pm
post #73 of 205

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!! Sorry guys this comment is probably in bad tast. But geezh, shes not hurting anyone but herself if she can't produce these cakes as they are shown. People will soon find out that she is a fraud.

GLEIGH75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GLEIGH75 Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:59pm
post #74 of 205

WOW icon_eek.gif I was all for supporting her and her hobby, and THEN I saw all the stolen pics. What a jack@$!...seriously, what was she thinking and how absolutely rude and just mean.

Tye - I looked at your cakes they are fabulous - I'm betting she didn't see them...and an extra boost - many of them were already in my favs and I found even more to add icon_biggrin.gif

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:01pm
post #75 of 205

When I first started reading this thread, I was thinking, I have often given away a free cake in exchange for just the ingredients and the offer to keep the pan I baked it in. I got the wilton Castle kit that way.
After reading all the way through, it is sad this person resorted to stealing pictures.

ChristineMarie Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:05pm
post #76 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysCC

I think everyone should remember to remain calm and only let those who have had their pictures taken contact this person. This is what we did the last time this happened and it was resolved peacefully.

Someone just posted another website with stolen pictures.
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5650783.html#5650783

I think it is important that we stay on top of these sites and let them know that what they are doing is wrong.

Oh I contacted her alright here is my sweet heart to heart

Will see if she writes back or removes it....Ill be sure to let you know

Cynita Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:05pm
post #77 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by tye

Quote:

Meancat,
Much love,
Cynita

the reason behind her website is no longer the issue at hand... she can make a million cakes for free and at cost.. BUT SHE'S STEALING THE PHOTOS OF CAKES THAT SHE DIDNT EVEN MAKE.. (im boiling) icon_mad.gif

Well, when I posted I wasn't necessarily posting about her website or what she's doing, I was posting to address the issue of the negative comments made regarding the photos on the website. Now, as we all see, the photos do not belong to her but yet and still things were said about some of the photos that belong to some of us. So, did someone put their foot in their mouth wishing that they hadn't said what they said about someone of the photos. That's why we shouldn't be so quick to criticize or judge.

Much love,
Cynita

tye Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:05pm
post #78 of 205

it feels kinda creepy though.. they HAVE to be members to steal the pic's.. so it like some stranger is snooping around CC just waiting to snatch our poor defensless photos..

Cynita Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:08pm
post #79 of 205

.....and I do not agree with stealing photos. That's another thread of it's own. Plenty of those discussions already.

Cynita

KathysCC Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:09pm
post #80 of 205

[quote="ChristineMarie"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysCC

Will see if she writes back or removes it....Ill be sure to let you know

Oh ChristineMarie icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I am laughing so hard. Ummm, well, okay, maybe I should say this. The rest of us should remain calm. ChristineMarie doesn't have to since her picture was taken. icon_lol.gif

Do you feel better now dear? icon_wink.gif

tye Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:09pm
post #81 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLEIGH75

Tye - I looked at your cakes they are fabulous - I'm betting she didn't see them...and an extra boost - many of them were already in my favs and I found even more to add icon_biggrin.gif

well thank you.. i'll steal one of yours if you'll steal one of mine.. ha.. just kidding.. i feel bad for those who now have to claim their rights... surely this person see's these post on here.. and the other post is a professional business stealing our photos.. not just for hobby.. icon_confused.gif

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:11pm
post #82 of 205

oh my gosh!!! one of my cakes was stolen!!!! finally!! LOL, okay just teasing, it really does burn me up. thanks to the CCer's who alerted me to this! i just called the number on the site and left a message insisting they remove it and if they don't they'll hear from my lawyer. i can't believe someone wanted to steal one of my cake photos.... its the one she calls "color me beautiful". but i call it summer sorbet, lol.

and i haven't read this thread yet, i just got some pm's saying my cake pic was taken and so i posted this. so now, back to start reading it from the beginning

ChristineMarie Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:12pm
post #83 of 205

Yes , Yes i do feel better, a bit. I am a nicer person I really am. But i do not like to be taken as a fool

tye Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:17pm
post #84 of 205
Quote:

.....and I do not agree with stealing photos. That's another thread of it's own. Plenty of those discussions already.

Cynita

amen sister

LisaMS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMS Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:21pm
post #85 of 205

Well, ya know, I don't think her cake gallery says that those are her cakes, does it? She calls it "The Gallery"...I like how she put that in quotation marks. lol Maybe she should have said "The Gallery of Cakes I Think I Can Copy..." lol

icon_smile.gif

KathysCC Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:27pm
post #86 of 205

I know, I know...this is a serious subject but Christine, the way you worded your message to her icon_lol.gif I could just picture you with your hand on your hip, your finger pointed, and your stomping feet. icon_lol.gif

Watermarked or not, it does not matter. Every member on CC should know not to take photos. I think it should be in big letters on the homepage or something.

And remember, the last time this happened..when I found the website with stolen photos, I don't think the lady knew she was doing anything wrong and she immediately deleted the web site. That could be the case here too.

DanielleHester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanielleHester Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:28pm
post #87 of 205

That's funny LisaMS.

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:30pm
post #88 of 205

LOL (this is said with a completely laughing voice, im not mad at all)

but after reading the whole thread i have to ask..... is my cake one that would have flunked out of pastry school? lol

christinemarie and others who's pics were stolen, did you find her email address? i just found her phone number. if you could pm me her email i'll send her an email too...

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:30pm
post #89 of 205

I can totally understand using other peoples cakes as inspiration but not trying to pass their cake off as my own. If she liked the cakes she saw why didnt she make them her self and just take a photo, which would have been "practice". Ive done that a few times, came across cakes that were just absolulty gorgeous and I had to try to make them myself, they never turn out as good and I always end up changing it up a bit to make it my own, but Ive never stolen pics and said they were mine. And if I can remember who's cake it was I give them credit for the idea.Its kinda weird actually, that she would do that. This is ot but stealing pics is a big problem on myspace, people steal photos and make up fake profiles, I came across someone how had a pic of one of my boys as her own child!!! I contacted myspace and reported her. CC might have to make it so we can put our pics to private and only "friends" can view them.
And why has'nt anyone stolen my pics, I'm insulted yet grateful all at the same time, I need a cookie icon_confused.gif

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:31pm
post #90 of 205

Ok, if she's stealing pictures, here's me just throwing this out there: maybe she's taking the money for "supplies" and not making any cakes at all, and that's the scam.

On another note: I am pretty bad right now, but I hope one day that I will get enough experience to do that--and yes, just ask for supply money just to build a portfolio and get experience. My family is SICK of cake, the women I work with are on constant diets and I have no one that would eat a 6" let alone a cake that big. So to me, it's not too crazy. But stealing someone else's property makes me think she's not entirely on the level and I would hope I am wrong but it's a possibility. Think about how many calls she would get? What bride wouldn't want a FREE cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%