Putting Down The Cake Club!!!!!!

Lounge By 2sdae Updated 15 Mar 2008 , 1:51pm by moreCakePlz

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 12:26pm
post #61 of 2524

I quickly browsed at the other thread on cc for wt loss motivation to see if there were some other ideas. They had a link to a weight chart, so I thought that might be helpful to anyone looking for their ideal size. Check out the other tools too, BMI, healthier fast food choices, etc.!

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

I cant wait to start counting up how much we have lost as a group! This time we are going to do it ladies!! I feel like since I am 31, I just want to look hot for awhile before I get too old. I know I wont have my 16 year old body anymore (it's too bad I didnt appreciate it when I had it, I thought I was fat then too) I am already looking for grey hairs and wrinkles. At least we have some control over our body weight right!

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 12:53pm
post #62 of 2524

I feel so yuck this morning! I got up and tried to work out, did a little, but my back was absolutely killing me so I had to stop. I probably should be taking it easy, I will probably need back surgery after the first of the year, but I'm doing what I can. Then I took my pain pills for my back and they're making me super sick. At least I won't be tempted to eat! LOL Give me strength tonight, though, I'm making pecan tassies, caramel tassies, and five varieties of cake balls!!

springlakecake Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 1:01pm
post #63 of 2524

Shellie- Well good for your for at least getting up and trying. I am sorry to hear you have such problems with your back. In my former life I was (well I am, I just dont know if I will be working as an OT anymore) an occupational therapist, and I know people who have back troubles really suffer. It is just hard to do anything when your back is in pain. I hope you feel better soon.

shelbur10 Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 1:07pm
post #64 of 2524

Thanks Merissa. I have finally found a dr. who is determined to get to the bottom of the problem and fix it, instead of just giving me cortisone shots. I'm just trying to get through the holidays, then it's my new year's priority! It's part of the reason I have gotten so out of shape, I have been using it as an excuse not to exercise, when I know better, the stronger my back muscles are, the less it hurts.

estherhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
estherhead Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 1:10pm
post #65 of 2524

Bluehen: I started ordering my own pizza: thin crust, personal (or small depending on where you order from) half the cheese and all the veggies. I get chicken if they have it. It is so yummy & I can eat the whole thing. I learned this cause I don't like plain pizza and I can't stop eating at one piece. I have a family of 4 so now we order 1 large, half plain cheese, half pepperoni & mushroom & my own. It's perfect! And there are no leftovers to tempt me the next am. I love cold pizza.

2sdae: why skip the berries? That sounded like the most delicious & healthy part to me. A bit of Splenda instead of sugar & you're good to go. Where in the heck did you get the berries? We have yuck cardboard berries right now & I MISS summer yummies.

Jillian1585 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jillian1585 Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 1:26pm
post #66 of 2524

Just remember everyone, nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 1:42pm
post #67 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead

Bluehen:

2sdae: why skip the berries? That sounded like the most delicious & healthy part to me. A bit of Splenda instead of sugar & you're good to go. Where in the heck did you get the berries? We have yuck cardboard berries right now & I MISS summer yummies.

I only skipped the berries because I have to have whipped cream with them on pound cake.....I know all in my silly little head. icon_rolleyes.gif
I had some berries I prepared and froze from summer...I do that because I love strawbwerries and raspberries in winter on certain cakes and just for a taste of summer when it's snowing! icon_razz.gif

I am fighting that darn pound cake smell right now...it's calling to me with it's yummmy smooth buttery vanilla goodness.

So I ate my apples with splenda and cinnamon in my oatmeal.......AAAAAWWW, so warm and sweet and now I am full. thumbs_up.gif

shelbur10 Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 1:43pm
post #68 of 2524

I was starving all day yesterday, so I take that as a good sign. I'm trying to think of the feeling of hunger to a good thing...means my body is burning those calories! One little tip, if you have a problem with evening snacking, like I do, cereal is a good alternative. Something like Special K or Cheerios Berry Blast will give you a little sweetness, but is still pretty healthy and low cal.

2sdae Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 1:46pm
post #69 of 2524

I am the same way....do really good all day and then "BAM!" The night time t.v. with the kids and DH and the snacks start to fly.

I also try to eat 1/2 apple with unsweetened peanut butter. Sweet and filling. Plus I read by giving yourself some low calorie protien you help curve those sweet cravings.

shelbur10 Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 2:08pm
post #70 of 2524

Good idea, Tuesday. Except I can't even get close to the peanut butter when I'm trying to eat better. I swear, I could eat the whole jar with a spoon!!!

2sdae Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 2:13pm
post #71 of 2524

Me too! So I buy the organic non sweetened stuff to some what help with calories and carbs.

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 2:15pm
post #72 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

I did pretty well yesterday, but I caught myself eating leftovers on my kids plates.

Ugh. I do that all the time & it kills me! A few bites of waffle here, PB&J there, etc. I'm getting ready to treadmill in a few minutes and after that I'll be baking my daughter's cake. I always have leftover batter so we'll have cupcakes that are going to be hard to resist. I'm thinking just one with no frosting icon_twisted.gif and then more treadmill. LOL!

-Lisa

shelbur10 Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 2:19pm
post #73 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehen92

Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

I did pretty well yesterday, but I caught myself eating leftovers on my kids plates.

Ugh. I do that all the time & it kills me! A few bites of waffle here, PB&J there, etc. I'm getting ready to treadmill in a few minutes and after that I'll be baking my daughter's cake. I always have leftover batter so we'll have cupcakes that are going to be hard to resist. I'm thinking just one with no frosting icon_twisted.gif and then more treadmill. LOL!

-Lisa

I'm lucky in the leftover area, DD (almost) always cleans her plate, and DS mixes everything together and makes such a disgusting mess that even the cats won't touch it! LOL icon_lol.gif

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 2:25pm
post #74 of 2524

Hey I wanna be in this club! I just found you. Hope Im not too late!

HoosierMomOf, Rambo and Imtrying thanks for posting as I was reading I was thinking I can't be the only person over 200. Thanks for giving me the courage to post! I could really use the motivation Im so down and depressed because of the weight gain I dont really leave the house much unless its for necessities. I told my husband that I wanted my Christmas gift to be a membership to Jenny Craig. So this post came at the right time. So here goes

I'm Tina 29 55 I just weighed in at 235, which is 5 lbs more than the last time I weighed myself! I was 148 before I got pregnant over a year ago I gained 50 with my pregnancy and after I gave birth much to my surprise I didn't just lose the weight I put on another 30 pounds. Son is now one. I am attributing it to now being a stay at home mom. I think maybe because I was just bored that I just started to nibble. I used to work out all the time, even when I was pregnant though not as much. Then I started this cake decorating madness and well you know the rest. To make matters worse DH is 511 and 148lbs soaking wet. Whats with that? ( icon_mad.gif Men)

Ok so my goals this week:

1.  Join a program
2.  Start walking/exercising
3.  Drink more water (I hate water)
4.  No more fast food

shelbur10 Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 2:40pm
post #75 of 2524

Welcome, cocorum21! Of course you're not too late, everyone is welcome. It can be very depressing, but please take heart, we are all here to help and support each other and WE CAN DO THIS!! Our weight does not define us! We are strong women and we can do anything we put our minds to! Glad you joined us!! thumbs_up.gif

imtrying Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imtrying Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 2:59pm
post #76 of 2524

Sorry Merissa, I wasn't ignoring you but I had to go up to our satelite office in Cadillac yesterday and didn't log on again until right this minute. I am in Grand Rapids. We are practically neighbors.

I love this thread, I have a wicked cold right now so any laughing throws me into a coughing fit and I think I may have just about passed out just now because I was laughing and coughing so hard just catching up from when I was here last. My yesterday was not great but not bad either. I was in a car a bunch and then dealing with issues at work yesterday so not enough water but I didn't have my hand in the candy jar either so I figure those two issues balance each other out.

All of you talking about being short, I don't have that problem. At six feet, I'm PLENTY tall, too much really. It's hard to find pants that are long enough and as blouses, my long gorilla arms make the full length sleeves look like 3/4. Good news is that my plethera of weight is distributed very evenly. I just need to lose all over.

Be strong this weekend ladies.

2sdae Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 3:47pm
post #77 of 2524

cocorum21, try crystal light to flavor your water intake. I hate water too, but that gets me through my much needed amount.

imtrying Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imtrying Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 4:35pm
post #78 of 2524

Cocorum - it's hard putting the number out there isn't it? What's nice is that nobody here is passing judgement and once we get rolling and have each other to lean on - I'm hoping great things will happen!

It's amazing what having kids changes isn't it? You are so busy worrying about them that you hardly notice what's going on with you until suddenly you look in the mirror and you wonder who the heck that is!

springlakecake Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 4:40pm
post #79 of 2524

Welcome Tina! Never too late! Hey and if anyone stops coming here, we are going to pm you. icon_biggrin.gif

Imtrying: Good to have a neighbor! I have a friend (who coincidentally also lives in GR) that is has struggled with her weight for a long time. She is also almost 6 feet tall too. (your not her though right?? icon_confused.gif JK) I know she always has trouble finding clothes to fit. I even feel too tall for clothes sometimes (I am 5 7") but the regular clothes are too short and the talls are too tall. I hate that. AND what I hate is that for me to get clothes to fit my thighs, the waist is huge on me.

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 6:54pm
post #80 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtrying

It's amazing what having kids changes isn't it? You are so busy worrying about them that you hardly notice what's going on with you until suddenly you look in the mirror and you wonder who the heck that is!

I know, not only did the body change but I've become a scatterbrain. I think I was in denial about the weight for the first few months because "I just had a baby" and now I can't think that way or he'll be 12 and I will still be the same weight making excuses for myself.

Has anyone ever belonged to Jenny Craig? if so what do you think?

Ladyofcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyofcake Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 9:26pm
post #81 of 2524

Corcoran21, I can totally relate - you are not alone.
I also gained a bunch when I got pregnant and then gained it back (plus bonus pounds!) after becoming a SAHM. My daughter just turned 1 also, and hubby is skinny and eats like a horse everything, especially sweet, that he can get his hands on. icon_cry.gif
It is so unfair when your hubby is like that - especially mine as he doesn't try to keep that junk outside either, and then has the nerve to criticize! Doesn't it tick you off when they can eat anything? icon_evil.gif
Anyways, so glad you are joining up and we are all here for each other.
thumbs_up.gif

Tallulah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tallulah Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 1:22am
post #82 of 2524

I finally found you guys!!

I missed weigh in Thurdays! Well, I weighed in at a whopping 153 lbs. My goal is to get down to 140. I will settle for 145. I eat as healthy as I can. I drink lots of water and I even beat my Pepsi addiction, so I don't drink my calories. The thing is I can't give up chocolate. No matter how hard I try, I JUST CAN'T!! I start with one mini Snickers and I end up eating 10 or 15, and I know how many calories are in them!!!

I actually find weighing myself quite depressing. I had to remove the dust from my scale because I banned it to the basement. What I do is I measure myself to see how many inches I've lost. (ok, not inches, but if it moves slighly, I'm counting it!)

So here it is, my goal for the week

1. Stop hitting the Snickers
2. Stop hitting the Hershey's
3. Remove the dust from my Yoga mat and actually start using it for a change.

Baby steps! My goal is to lose 1 lb a week. Anything more will have me staring down the bottom of a Doritos bag. I guess the less stressful I make it, the more weight I'll lose. That, and you guys!!

2sdae Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 1:47am
post #83 of 2524

I am so excited about this you guys!!!!! DIE FAT CELLS, DIE! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

shelbur10 Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 4:32am
post #84 of 2524

I am SO proud! I have made 4 dozen pecan tassies so far and haven't tasted even one! I'm using DH as my taste tester. Now I had to take a little taste of the orange cake just to make sure it turned out, but only two tiny bites. Sticking to that water. So glad I have you guys to understand the temptations we bring on ourselves!!

2sdae Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 12:45pm
post #85 of 2524

YEAH, 3RD DAY AND HERE WE GO!!!!!!
O.K. I got through yesterady o.k. I got all my water in and walked. I ate only 1 thin sliver of pound cake again. Nothing else off the healthy side. Baked skinless chicken breast with fresh broccoli and carrots for dinner. And get this, I skipped the homemade mac and cheese I made!!! thumbs_up.gif
I even cut down my caffiene so I wouldn't get too busy and get more hungry....caffiene does that to me. icon_confused.gif

So goals for today are:
1. get through the whitchocolate cakes I am baking with white chocolate b/c without snitching those bites and bits.
2. again get in all my water.
3. walk again and resist what I know is homemade pizza night at my house.

Battle cryicon_biggrin.gifIE FAT CELLS, DIE!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 3:33pm
post #86 of 2524

Well, I was not as good as you gals were yesterday icon_cry.gif I "sampled" 4 cupcakes! They were delicious, but I could have figured that out after the first one. Oh well, today is another day. I treadmilled yesterday, so that's a plus. I did finish the birthday cake (Spongebob) without tasting any of the frosting, and I have two boxes ready so I can send some cake home with friends after the party. I have had one bowl of cornflakes & 32 oz. of water this morning, so I'm off to a good start. Let's keep it up!

-Lisa

2sdae Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 3:55pm
post #87 of 2524

icon_surprised.gif 32 0z of water already???? Got me beat, I have only had 24 0z. of splenda iced tea. icon_rolleyes.gificon_redface.gif I need my caffiene for a day of decorating!

Tallulah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tallulah Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 2:26am
post #88 of 2524

Hi guys!! Well, today was not a good day! I ate four chocolate chip cookies, and loads of caramel. Caramel and chocolate are my weakness! Not to mention I ate about half a cup of chocolate chips while baking my cookies! I'm going to make some cake balls now and I hope I can resist!

On the up side, I've had seven glasses of water today, and the night is still young. Now if I can just saty away from the caramel and chocolate, I'll be fine!

Die chocolate! DIE!

shelbur10 Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 3:13am
post #89 of 2524

Boy oh boy the weekend is tough...glad I'm not the only one who's dipping into the goodies... I had three cakeballs today, then had to sample a whole freakin' tablespoon of BC (to make sure it was good, yeah right!) But on the up side, I haven't had time for my usual evening snacking and I've been drinking tons of water. I weighed today and have lost 2 lbs of fluid already.
Hang in there ladies...we are stronger than the chocolate, the caramel, cupcakes, cookies and cakeballs!!!

2sdae Posted 17 Dec 2006 , 1:26pm
post #90 of 2524

Now the real test for me.......sunday dinner!!!! I always cook a big sunday dinner, a pot roast and mashed potatoes with crescent rolls, corn, yams with marshmellows, green beans, or maybe oven fried chicken...so as not to "fry" it in oil. And of course there's sunday brunch to consider too!!!!
Why is there so much yummy food on sundays???????? icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%