Bridezillas..the Show...i Had No Idea!!!!

Decorating By ge978 Updated 8 Oct 2007 , 11:54pm by modthyrth

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 12:04pm
post #1 of 35

Ok so..I've never seen this show ..I was flipping through channels and decided to watch a few minutes icon_eek.gif

The one bride and her fiance were fighting with each other and throwing cake at a cake tasting!!!

The other bride threatened to stab her DJ and referenced to the fact that her fiance just got a new shovel icon_confused.gif Um, lady do you know that you are on national television...You can't threaten people with bodily harm! Then, she went to meet the videographer and was talking about how much she hated poor people and when they drove through a certain area of town she was saying gross and being mean..WHO WANTS TO MARRY THAT????

Oh, and the one bride made manuals for her bridesmaids for what and what not to do...and it actually said to wear underwear to the wedding..omg seriously, you have to write that down???

Ok..sorry..had to get that out..I've never seen people act like that!

34 replies
darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 35

my daughter and I watch that show, I can't believe that people act that way.

melvin01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melvin01 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:22pm
post #3 of 35

I don't know what is worse, putting that junk on tv or watching it.

I don't get to watch a lot of tv but I am really shocked at what is deemed "prime-time tv". And people wonder why everyone is so mean to each other? Putting things like that on tv and letting kids watch it makes them think it's acceptable behavior.

Sorry, got on my soap box. I still remember the first time I heard da*m and sh*t on tv. I was flabbergasted!

Guess if no one watched it, they wouldn't keep putting it on.

datalore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
datalore Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 35

Having been in on a couple of these "reality" bridal shows.. My friend was one of the featured brides !!!! let me tell you that they are all staged to produce outlandish responses. Guaranteed that bride and groom that threw cake at each other had already chosen their wedding cake a couple months before and were just at the bakery to set up an interesting little dramatic display for the cameras.
While there are people like for sure- the ones on TV have been staged!

ge978 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:27pm
post #5 of 35

I understand that there is staging on the show, but no amount of editing , staging, etc could make me come across like one of these brides. You can tell that this is what they are like in real life. I would be mortified if I acted like that on tv for everyone to see. I don't care if it was for a free honeymoon or wedding or whatever the payoff is.

It was a little like a trainwreck though...I just couldn't look away or turn the channel!

confectionaryperfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionaryperfection Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:37pm
post #6 of 35

they have to be outragous. they get a free honeymoon for being on the show too. did you all see the one where the bride said her mil was a this and that and she was going to kill her??

siris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
siris Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:38pm
post #7 of 35

I watched the same episode you are referring to ge978, and I too couldn't believe the bride and her attitude about "poor" people icon_surprised.gif ...I honestly felt bad for the groom thumbsdown.gif

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:40pm
post #8 of 35

About 22 years ago when I got out of college, I was a bridesmaid for one of my Sorority Sisters. She also gave out "manuals" of what was expected to each girl-we all had our own booklets with our own responsibilites, the groomsmen got books from her as well as the future in-laws. These types of girls aren't new. I figured that there was staging involved in this stuff. I have a cousin who was on "What Not to Wear" and she was thrilled but they told her to pitch a fit when they were going through her closet. She said she was happy to see the clothes go but they kept re-taping to show her being upset about what was going in the trash.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:46pm
post #9 of 35

Oh I know, and don't even get me started on 'My Super Sweet 16'!!! I just want to slap those spoilt little girls - they make my blood boil, BUT 99% of the way they behave is down to their parents who clearly have encouraged it for the whole 16 years and probably won't ever stop - you just know those will be the bridezillas 10 years down the line. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhh!

JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:56pm
post #10 of 35

However fake the "Bridezillas" show is... I love it. I watch it every Sunday and tell my husband... "See! I wasn't THAT bad when we were planning OUR wedding!". icon_twisted.gif

BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 3:15pm
post #11 of 35

I don't know what it is about Bridezilla but I'm hooked. It's like being on drugs watching that show! It truly amazes me the extent people will go to for money. They got bought cheap!

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 3:24pm
post #12 of 35

you know i will admit i watch...but in the ultimate end it just makes me sad....sad that those girls in all their rudeness and meaness can find a husband or better yet be on their third and fourth marriage and i can't even find one!!!
well i guess i am on the pity wagon today!!! hahahahahahahahahah boo for me!!!!
and sure, most of those things are staged and edited to show the worst...but why in the world would you want the reputation?? why would you agree to have your best day ever twisted??? you may know the truth and your family and friends as well......but when they are interviewing friends and family they are seriously over it, and they don't make those people say those things about you....so i guess its not all staging and editing!!!! just makes you wonder!!!!!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 4:36pm
post #13 of 35

Shows like this one make me glad we don't have cable!

Cassie2500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cassie2500 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 4:57pm
post #14 of 35

I'm with you, Jen1977! I have cable, but all I watch is Food Network and "Deal or No Deal". I didn't even know abut the Bridezillas show. All this week I've just been on the computer all day-mainly right here at CC! Much better than TV!! thumbs_up.gif

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 5:01pm
post #15 of 35

Yeah I think it too, is like a train wreck. You see it happening but noone and I mean noone can stop a moving train at that speed.

I think even though they stage the events they pick people ripe for the harvest. We have friends of our family who are casting agents at NBC and another at Universal pictures in CA. Both tell me that for reality shows, they can stage events but they pick people based on their personalities and what they are likely to do or not do (or want to do). Believe you me, on or off the camera, I bet these bridezillas are real-life woman-zillas. You can't stage personality icon_lol.gif

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 5:05pm
post #16 of 35

Oh, forgot to say, I asked them about this subject a year or two ago. One of these ladies did casting for survivor and great race. The other lady did casting for something or other (I dont think it is on the air or got past the pilot).

The second lady does mostly sitcoms and now does work for FOX, freelancing. She tells me the same thing applies for sitcoms. They go by personality. Scenes can always be learned, and especially they younger people moreso, get experience as they go on.

They tell cameramen to shoot from the perspective of getting the person's demeanor, and not the situation. Until they become Glenn Close or some other great actor LOL....
J/K.

BTW, I love What Not to Wear!

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:13am
post #17 of 35

I watch shows like "Platinum Weddings" and "Whose Wedding is it Anyway?" so I can see different wedding cakes. I watched "Bridezillas" a couple of times but got sooo tired of the "ugliness" of all the brides. I just couldn't stand the stress and drama that they were adding to what should be the happiest day of someones life. Not what a marriage is about in my opinion. But, anyway, I quit watching Bridezillas.

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:27am
post #18 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortcakesSweets

I watch shows like "Platinum Weddings" and "Whose Wedding is it Anyway?" so I can see different wedding cakes. I watched "Bridezillas" a couple of times but got sooo tired of the "ugliness" of all the brides. I just couldn't stand the stress and drama that they were adding to what should be the happiest day of someones life. Not what a marriage is about in my opinion. But, anyway, I quit watching Bridezillas.

I'm with you ShortcakesSweets, I can't imagine my husband of 28 years would have married me if I acted anything like those brides. They don't get it should really be about the marriage, not about the wedding ceremony. It get very old, very quickly. I also watch Platinum Weddings and Whose Wedding is it Anyway to see the wedding cakes!

scrapmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapmomof3 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:32am
post #19 of 35

I can't stand watching Bridezillas...I think most of it is staged, as I can't believe that so many women would truly act like that without someone coaching them. It is just really disgusting.

Now, I do like watching Platinum Weddings. Most of the brides are very true to their heart and are getting wedding that they always dreamt about. For the most part, the parents are footing the bill. However, there have been two women whose soon to be husbands were rich and paying for everything, and these women were just going crazy. It seems like they are more interested in the wedding/reception portion than actually being married to the man.

But, it is a hoot to see what these people will spend big $$$ on! Can you just fathom spending around $50,000 on flowers alone?! Insane!!

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 4:37am
post #20 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortcakesSweets

I'm with your there! I don't get to watch much tv anymore, but when I do it's usually FoodNetwork and I love to catch the two shows you mentioned.....mainly because of the cakes they show! Yeah!

Couldn't live without my cable....or so I think sometimes! If I had small children I would probably not have it because every other show is such trash nowadays!

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 1:03pm
post #21 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

Shows like this one make me glad we don't have cable!

I'm with you, I talked my husband into canceling the dish since most of the stuff on TV is garbage.

I think that some of them act that way because they're desperate to be on TV. I really think there's something wrong with people who are that willing to humiliate themselves or make themselve look bad just for 15 minutes of fame.

ge978 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:12pm
post #22 of 35

I guess thats why I was so shocked....its like these people are on television and everyone will see them so why try to act like a total moron?
I mean, I understand being a little more dramatic with your reactions, etc for entertainment purposes, but to be a horribly mean and terrible person just to get your honeymoon or wedding paid for? I seriously don't think its worth it.
Plus, the girl from Texas...the one who threatened to stab the dj...told her bridesmaids that she will treat them like dirt if she feels like it...ranted for 5 minutes about how she hates poor people....bragging about her diamond jewelry...etc etc....all of that can't be staged - you can tell she's like this normally...maybe not to that extent but I feel sorry for people who have to come in contact with her!

I've just never seen the Bridezilla show and i hear references to it on here all the time so I thought I'd check it out....probably not going to keep watching though.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:33pm
post #23 of 35

becky27, I am with you on that!!! how can they find a man and not me! Don't worry we'll have a pity party together icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

ANyway, I used to watch it all the time. I even DVR'd the show, but this season got SUPER trashy/pitiful! I really can't stand watching anymore.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:35pm
post #24 of 35

I used to watch Bridezillas, but then this season it turned awful. The brides were just mean and no amount of acting or editing could account for that.

The show that finally did me in was the one where the bride was cussing out her husband over not being on her time schedule and she had a kid in the house! I'm sorry but no one needs to be talked to like that.

Then the other one was the bride whose fiancee gave her choice between a down payment on a car or a boob job. Need I say which she chose? But the entire show that's all she talked about it and she'd try on her dress and talk about how awesome her boobs looked in it. The entire show! It made me sick.

The producers took the show way too far this season.

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 4:14pm
post #25 of 35

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that thinks shows like this are going way to far.

ge978 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 4:17pm
post #26 of 35

I would like to see a show showing how to have nice weddings on a budget or having a wedding without going into major debt.
They could show the weddings, what kind of things they did to save money, etc.
To me, thats alot more interesting than tacky, selfish, whiney brides who make everyone miserable until the weddings over.

KatieTaylor77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieTaylor77 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 4:26pm
post #27 of 35

I have to admit, I love that new show on VH1 . . . My Big Fat Fabulous Wedding. (At least, I think thats the title.) They take people with ridiculous amounts of disposable income and film their wedding production. Its amazing!!!! I am so floored by the things that these women think are so important--and how much money they spend! Some of them aren't as bad as the others . . . but one was almost $2 million!

I watch it for two reasons . . . I'm of course wedding obsessed and can't get enough of cakes, etc. My boyfriend does event lighting so I am always glued looking for ideas for him. He never used to do weddings but since we are in Orange County . . . well, people spend a lot of money for lighting on their wedding day. He's worked on a few weddings over the summer that just blew my mind!

Shows like Bridezilla aren't available on my cable service, but I don't think I'm really missing much. I hate to see people behaving so badly and being so completely cavalier about the people/things going on around them. I know brides get wrapped up in their big day, but at some point SOMEONE has to love you enough to give you a wake up call!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 4:28pm
post #28 of 35

[quote="cambo
Couldn't live without my cable....or so I think sometimes! If I had small children I would probably not have it because every other show is such trash nowadays![/quote]

That's what we used to think, but you would be surprised! We get all the network channels and pbs, wb, fox...all the channels that the good stuff is on during prime time, but we don't turn our tv on past 10am! It's amazing what else you find to do when there's no cable! We use the insane amount of money that the ycharge for cable to do other things...passes to the Y, amusement parks, children's museums. I don't miss my cable, except maybe snow days whe nthe boys are home icon_lol.gif

ge978 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 4:35pm
post #29 of 35

I would like to see a show showing how to have nice weddings on a budget or having a wedding without going into major debt.
To me, thats alot more interesting than tacky, selfish, whiney brides who make everyone miserable until the weddings over.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 9:14pm
post #30 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ge978

That's a great idea.... as long as they don't tell people to cheap out on the CAKE!!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%