Organizing All Your Cake Stuff Photo Tutorial

Decorating By cakesbykitty Updated 14 Aug 2014 , 4:42am by Dionne1024

imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 2:20pm
post #151 of 168

OMG!!!! That is AWESOME!!! And sooooo needed in my house!!! I LOVE the rolling Craftsmen cabinet idea!! But I think if I got one of those BEFORE my Hubby did.....he would be a triffle jealous!! icon_lol.gif

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:47am
post #152 of 168

I'm glad you posted this. It gives me some more motivation to get even more organized than I thought I was. Great job.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 8:32pm
post #153 of 168

Saving....

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 9:38pm
post #154 of 168

wow, thanks for starting this all those yrs ago, I can really use so much of this info!!!

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 5:33pm
post #155 of 168

Awesome thread! I know it's old but I just saw it icon_smile.gif

twez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twez Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 6:23pm
post #156 of 168

I "nest' my cake pans - 5" in a 6" in a 7", etc. on up to 16' (rounds, squares, ovals - whatever) - then stand them on edge and store them in a plate rack. Several plate racks are inside a stainless steel rack with a zip up cover that I found at a Sam's Club for less than $100. The racks are called closet racks. I tie wrap the plate racks in place so they don't move around. Boxes of dummies, etc. are stored on top of the racks. They are wheeled so they're easy to move for cleaning, etc.
I'd love one of the Craftsman tool boxes as well! Wish they made them in a pretty color.

gaviota4fly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gaviota4fly Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 2:59pm
post #157 of 168

Its beautiful!!!!!!!! I love the idea of the rolling craftsman cart !!!!!!!!! Great job!!!!!!

Tzoavva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tzoavva Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 1:48pm
post #158 of 168

I know this is an old thread but is just amazing, great ideas and love the pics of how you have things organized. Thanks for sharing.

ddon722 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddon722 Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 4:30pm
post #159 of 168

WOW!!! You're my hero!

KMKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KMKakes Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 3:43pm
post #160 of 168

Just read the whole thread (well pages 12 and 13 wouldn't open) but I think that your organizational techniques are the best. Just one question for those who have commerical kitchens: will the Craftsman and the hanging tip container be allowed by the HD? My husband and I are trying to come up with some creative ideas and definitely love the ones on this thread.

Rosie2 Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 6:15pm
post #161 of 168

I'm glad this thread is still going. I'm in the process of organizing my cake stuff icon_smile.gif

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 4:08pm
post #162 of 168

Hi, I will be buying a craftsman chest. I am so glad I found this posticon_smile.gif

chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 2:14am
post #163 of 168

I can't attach pictures, but use your imagination ....I built a cake room when I built my house. It's about 11 feet wide, like a wide walk in closet with doors. Uninterupted counter, small sink and lots of cabinets above and below, with drawers below. I bake in my main kitchen then bring the undecorated, crumb coated cake to teh decorating kitchen.

Within this kitchen I have several sets of minidrawes - plastic ones from Target and Walmart with 3 6-8" wide drawers each. Every set of drawers are labeled like food colors, luster dusts, impression mats, small rolling pins, flowerr silicone molds, lace molds, etc. I try to subcategorize as much as possible os that I can find every item I need.

Tools I use the most, fondant smoother, tape measure, small rolling pin, pizza wheel are in the drawer front and center. From the outside of the cabinet doors and on the inside of the room door I hang tramsparent shoe organizers. I put tools insider there also, 1 tool per opening llike spray bottle, container crisco, paint brushes, clay gun with parts, etc. All my cookie cutters are attached to a huge corkboard on the wall by thumbtacks so that I can see every cutter I own.

All my many, many cake pans are stored on their sides in a dish rack divider (one of those sllidy things used to display plates in the store) labeled with the size pan. These are put in a cabinet near my main kitchen.

Rosie2 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 7:14pm
post #164 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanielisalevy

I can't attach pictures, but use your imagination ....I built a cake room when I built my house. It's about 11 feet wide, like a wide walk in closet with doors. Uninterupted counter, small sink and lots of cabinets above and below, with drawers below. I bake in my main kitchen then bring the undecorated, crumb coated cake to teh decorating kitchen.

Within this kitchen I have several sets of minidrawes - plastic ones from Target and Walmart with 3 6-8" wide drawers each. Every set of drawers are labeled like food colors, luster dusts, , small rolling pins, flowerr silicone molds, lace molds, etc. I try to subcategorize as much as possible os that I can find every item I need.

Tools I use the most, fondant smoother, tape measure, small rolling pin, pizza wheel are in the drawer front and center. From the outside of the cabinet doors and on the inside of the room door I hang tramsparent shoe organizers. I put tools insider there also, 1 tool per opening llike spray bottle, container crisco, paint brushes, clay gun with parts, etc. All my cookie cutters are attached to a huge corkboard on the wall by thumbtacks so that I can see every cutter I own.

All my many, many cake pans are stored on their sides in a dish rack divider (one of those sllidy things used to display plates in the store) labeled with the size pan. These are put in a cabinet near my main kitchen.

Wow thumbs_up.gif I want your cake rooooom!!! icon_cry.gif
I'm also getting organized and my cake stuff is easier to find and I love it!! icon_smile.gif

ChristaCookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaCookies Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 4:31am
post #165 of 168

Amazing!!! I will be requesting a tool box for my birthday!

Rosie2 Posted 23 Feb 2012 , 11:40pm
post #166 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristaCookies

Amazing!!! I will be requesting a tool box for my birthday!

I am looking for a tool box right now...but I want it on 'sale/reduced' price icon_biggrin.gif

mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 12:49am
post #167 of 168

I absolutely love how you organized all your cake tools!
A place for everything and everything in it's place lol.. thumbs_up.gif

Dionne1024 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dionne1024 Posted 14 Aug 2014 , 4:42am
post #168 of 168

Which Craftman's tool cabinet is this?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%