Cakechick123 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 41

Just got the link for the ugliest cake. The poor bride icon_surprised.gif

http://www.uglydress.com/uglycakestory.html

40 replies
fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 2:32pm
post #2 of 41

OMG icon_eek.gif My first cake looks better than that! icon_lol.gif Oh dear Lord, what awful memories on her wedding day!

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 2:59pm
post #3 of 41

ohhh thats just aweful
If I had been the bride I would not have let that thing sitting there in my reception, and I would have sent someone out to buy store cake

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 3:04pm
post #4 of 41

OMG!!! How awful...I don't know what to say?!

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 41

I would NOT have served that one! I'd much rather to not even HAVE had a cake AT ALL!! Send someone to the store to pick up some cupcakes and put them on a cupcake tree or something, but oh my gosh! I hope that baker isn't baking cakes anymore - that is HORRIBLE!! I wouldn't even serve a cake like that to my own family! Bless her heart.

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 3:04pm
post #6 of 41

whaaaaaaaaat..... lmao. man, i'd be soooo pissed! how do you even accomplish a cake that bad? my cakes are crapola and they still blow that one out of the water. lol

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 3:05pm
post #7 of 41

there is no excuse for that cake......that poor bride....my 9 year old son could have made a better cake......shame on that "baker" what a loser....does anyone know what happened in court and why it took her a year to fight this crazy???

buffim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buffim Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 3:07pm
post #8 of 41

Wow, I definitely wouldn't have let that sit out for my reception either!

cakesbyallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyallison Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 3:09pm
post #9 of 41

Oh, for real?! I can't even imagine someone would pass that cake off as a replica!! I think I would have kept that one back in the kitchen to serve!

Erika513x2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erika513x2 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 3:11pm
post #10 of 41

u cannot be serious that is unbelievable that looks like a little kid made it ...

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 3:16pm
post #11 of 41

If it looks that bad, imagine how bad it might have tasted!

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 3:19pm
post #12 of 41

Ok, was the guy even a real baker? How terrible she must have felt. I feel bad for her! Stupid drunk bakers...geesh!

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:01pm
post #13 of 41

Poor woman. Looks like someone sat on it.

sweetlikepie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlikepie Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 4:23pm
post #14 of 41

How in the world did it take a year in the courts? yeah, someone should have gone to the store for the poor girl and picked up a cake.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 6:23pm
post #15 of 41

That HAS to be a joke. icon_confused.gif

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 7:59pm
post #16 of 41

Yeah, I too thought it might be a hoax. You know, someone who found a tartan patterend cake which looked vaguely like that pile-o-cake, made by the drunk baker. But.... look at the pic! It doesn't look doctored up. I see a wedding reception in the background. It would be very hard to replicate that, I think it really happened. So I go with everyone else and say POOR BRIDE! icon_cry.gif

Wonder why it took a year to sort out. If I was the judge in that small claims case, I would tell that sorry excuse for a baker to do community service and help distribute donated wedding dresses to brides in need. He or she needs to get out of the cake business quick!

omaida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
omaida Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:11pm
post #17 of 41

This is definetly a joke!! I can't believe that someone would even display a cake like this, I would have gotten to publix or walmart and rented one of their dummies instead of putting that "THING" there, OMG how HORRIBLE icon_surprised.gif

DiannaSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiannaSue Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:11pm
post #18 of 41

OMG, how could anyone have done that to the bride and family? When I do wedding cakes I constantly worry "what if" and I strive for the perfect cake. I cannot say I am a cake decorator (don't really think I am that good, but compared to this cake I am great. I feel for the bride and her family. I would NEVER let something like that go out. Oh I still am amazed I returned to the post to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing and I was. My worse cake mistake was never this bad. WOW!!!!. BAD is not the word for this. I would have taken an ad out in the papers and everything. How could someone do this to another person on the most important day of their lives?

sweetness11379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness11379 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:12pm
post #19 of 41

Silly me. I'm not a fan of plaid so I'm thinking... I guess its pretty ugly... not worth posting on a website though but I could see SOMEONE liking it... yeah... then I scroll down... lol... somebody let their 5 yr old decorate that cake.

OMG! Lets have a drunk cake contest! Rules: 5 drink minium, 3 tiers... and GO! See what some real pros CAN do drunk!

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:27pm
post #20 of 41

My first reaction to the picture was, well that cake is not really ugly, a little different but not ugly.....then I read on and clicked on the actual cake.........................There were no words, just a gapping whole which would be my mouth dropped to the floor! Are they sure the baker was just drunk? I hope the bride wins her case, she certainly has one!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:34pm
post #21 of 41

When I see that, I think Charlotte and Trey and Sex and the City where she wore that ugly plaid dress!

chefcindy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefcindy Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:36pm
post #22 of 41

I LOVE the idea of a drunk contest... and I don't even drink that much, I can't imagine what my cake would look like!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

sweetness11379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness11379 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:39pm
post #23 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefcindy

I LOVE the idea of a drunk contest... and I don't even drink that much, I can't imagine what my cake would look like!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

That's what I'm saying. I dont drink much but I wonder what I could do while intoxicatedicon_smile.gif lol

lori_d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lori_d Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:41pm
post #24 of 41

That's horrible!! Nonetheless, I think this is photoshopped. If it's not, I'd rather keep thinking it is. icon_smile.gif

Toniprev Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toniprev Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:42pm
post #25 of 41

OK, I looked at the site, but at first only saw the large tartan example of what the cake should have resembled. So reading through all your comments I was thinking how harsh you all are... it was only at the end that I realised I must have missed something and so looked back and scrolled down this time!!! icon_cry.gif There is no way i would have left it there on display... rather I would have given it to any dogs attending the reception. This makes even us beginners feel really proud of our work!!!..

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:43pm
post #26 of 41

OMG, I didn't read the whole link. I was sitting here thinking, OK, plaid isn't my thing, but is it really that bad?
Then I saw the picture! How funny is that? LMAO!

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 8:48pm
post #27 of 41

Oh Lord have mercy! I am speechless..........I don't even know where to begin!

KrisD13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrisD13 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 9:12pm
post #28 of 41

Not only did I read through and look at the good and bad cake pic, but I checked out some of the rest of the site.

This is what I found. heehee....how to bake a cake for the bridal shower, along with mini-cakes .......heeheehee...too funny! icon_smile.gif

Caution....slightly naughty!

sisita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisita Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 9:23pm
post #29 of 41

I don't have words for this cake.... I think the baker wasn't honest with the bride, because the first photo is a beautiful cake, is not simple, very elegant, ....

DanaJones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaJones Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 9:28pm
post #30 of 41

I am pretty sure my four year old could decorate better than that... and it looks like they had no support in the cake whatsoever!! I hope the bride got good results from having to spend so much time in court!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%