What Did You Do 1St Upon Finding Cc

Decorating By banba Updated 30 Mar 2009 , 3:49am by GI

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 2 May 2007 , 4:20pm
post #31 of 53

I wish I could remember how I stumbled on the site... I had just done a train cake and the NEXT DAY I found the site...

First, I looked at the galleries and then perused the forums and I just liked the feel here!

I felt like I hit jackpot for finding IDEAS for makign a cake and the first technique I tried was a FBCT (I was so skeptical at being able to do it, that I just did the transfer onto the back of a cake pan! LOL (My peanuts "great pumpkin" transfer).

Melissa

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 2 May 2007 , 4:22pm
post #32 of 53

Monica0271 wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

There was another post by twinsline & her cookies, http://forum.cakecentral.com/m.....y&&start=0 The naming of the cookies & the stories were so funny to me. I just love how we can incorporate humor into something. I laughed so hard at this , just beause the cookies were so cute, & twinsline naming them, then some of us kinda making up stories as to maybe what "could of" happened. I had to find & read it again for old times sake.

hahah.. I just read that thread. So funny

ladysonja Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladysonja Posted 2 May 2007 , 4:39pm
post #33 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenre

This site has given me the confidence and inspiration to pursue cake decorating as a hobby.

And I would look at the cakes in the Galleries all day if I knew it wouldn't get me fired. icon_lol.gif It's so amazing to see the talent and creativity.

I second your comments!

If my boss only knew!?!?!?

I'm not exactly sure how I came across this site.

I have looked at other sites and this one is hands down the best site for information, inspiration, collaboration, and support.

I'm glad to have found this site and find myself going through withdrawls if I don't get my fix for about 15 minutes a day!

ladysonja Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladysonja Posted 2 May 2007 , 4:40pm
post #34 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenre

This site has given me the confidence and inspiration to pursue cake decorating as a hobby.

And I would look at the cakes in the Galleries all day if I knew it wouldn't get me fired. icon_lol.gif It's so amazing to see the talent and creativity.

I second your comments!

If my boss only knew!?!?!?

I'm not exactly sure how I came across this site.

I have looked at other sites and this one is hands down the best site for information, inspiration, collaboration, and support.

I'm glad to have found this site and find myself going through withdrawls if I don't get my fix for about 15 minutes a day!

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 2 May 2007 , 6:12pm
post #35 of 53

I found it thru the Wilton forum to which I was addicted but the fixes were short lived...lol. Kept hearing it mentioned in some of the posts. So had to check it out. Read lots of posts first and looked at some pictures. I was already taking my cake classes at this point. Now I have a hard time getting my work done icon_redface.gif cuz cc keeps calling my name icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
I just might miss something good....lol

Judi

cupcakegirl27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakegirl27 Posted 5 May 2007 , 6:36am
post #36 of 53

I found

cupcakegirl27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakegirl27 Posted 5 May 2007 , 6:37am
post #37 of 53

I found this web site by complete accident, and the first thing I did when I found it was think "How did I not find this sooner?" My boyfriend gave me a chance to take some time off after we moved across the state. I filled up an entire notebook with notes, drawings, and tips that I have learned from here. I also went through a whole thing of paper printing out all the recipes that all of you have been so kind to share. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ON CC!!!!!!!!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 5 May 2007 , 1:15pm
post #38 of 53

I first found this website for the photos and signed up to view a few for a cake i was working on. I thought nice site but I went back to wilton (didn't realize there was so much other stuff) about 6-8 months later I saw CC mentioned on the wilton boards came here again and realized, Hey i've been here before.

Been here ever since, I have not visited the wilton boards again. What hooked me was the instant help i could receive and the helpful ness of Everyone on here.

CC is home and family, I wouldn't know what to do without it

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 5 May 2007 , 7:00pm
post #39 of 53

its funny...i came to the site looked signed up and left...couldnt remember the sign in name and stuff and then a few months later was re introduced and stck around. i love the pics but now i am hooked on the boards.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 5 May 2007 , 7:14pm
post #40 of 53

I looked around the galleries a little and realized that this was a site for EVERYBODY, not just professionals. I've been a baker for years, but was new to the decorating side.
I took one forum at a time starting at the beginning and working my way to the present. I made my first chocolate transfer here. CC gave me the courage to take a Wilton class.
I LOVE CC !!

natties_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
natties_mom Posted 5 May 2007 , 7:27pm
post #41 of 53

I too love this sight! I'm glad that I found it. I love looking at the pictures and getting ideas. I'm really new at this and this sight inspires me to do more.

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 5 May 2007 , 7:32pm
post #42 of 53

nickir0108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickir0108 Posted 5 May 2007 , 7:36pm
post #43 of 53

I too found this site by accident. But oh boy what a nice accident! I am in love. I've spent a lot of time browsing all the wonderful pics. You guys are awesome. I'm just getting around to the forums. I feel like I have been adopeted into a huge loving family. What amazes me is the broad range of talent. I don't feel out of place at all. I'm still wary of trying any fondant or anything like that. I'll stick to my buttercream for a while til I build up enough confidence to venture out. Thanks to everybody for being so generous with your ideas.

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 5 May 2007 , 7:52pm
post #44 of 53

I was looking for Cake Ideas, I found the link, could only see the front page. I saved the link and came back now and then looking. I dont like to sign up for stuff and get all kinds of junk.

Well I broke down and signed up. I looked a pictures and looked and read a bit here and there. Then I got busy with life, my kids school and all that. I was not confident enough to put up pictures. Then after my son's birthday in March I got brave and decided that people at all levels of cake making are putting up pictures and by sharing you can learn more and more. I have learned so much since I started posting and putting up pictures. Even if there are not perfect it's good to share, you might give someone else some good ideas. My Crawfish boil picture inspired a few very tallented people to do their own and wow, are they good.
I dont have experience in everything, but I read so much that often I can link up 1 post to another and help out someone.
My area of expertise is chocolate, I still have lots to learn, but I feel very comfortable there.

Thanks for posting this. I love the way we can all share our ideas, our experience and get information and guidance when we need it.

Good Luck.

sheila06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheila06 Posted 5 May 2007 , 8:38pm
post #45 of 53

I was searching under cake decorating one day and found this site. I immediately signed up and went straight to the forums and read what everyone else had to say. I read for days before I ever posted anything. Everyone is so talented and I didn't want to feel like an idot asking some dumb question. I have really enjoyed this site and have gotten so much information from here. I'm on everyday !!!

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 5 May 2007 , 9:02pm
post #46 of 53

I had finished all 3 Wilton classes and was on the Wilton forum which I had no patience for and read about this site and I've been here ever since. I love the photo galleries, inspiration and tips from others, and the quick responses when I'm in a bind! I also love the photo comments...makes me feel good when someone comments on my cakes!
Jacqui

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 5 May 2007 , 11:51pm
post #47 of 53

I originally came here looking for instructions for the Cinderella cake I was working on for my daughter's birthday. I didn't really get hooked on CC until last year, when I got the newsletter that had the March of Dimes contest. I have been hooked ever since. icon_biggrin.gif

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 2:30pm
post #48 of 53

kept looking at pictures and fantasizing

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 1:34pm
post #49 of 53

I found CC from the Wilton forum. I came on here and saw the thing that says "click to read the full story". I clicked and oh no how dare they you have to be a member to read it.

So I was curious. Just about reading that. So I signed up. And then I went to the forums. And I never left.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 1:50pm
post #50 of 53

I don't really know how, who or when I got on CC. All I know is, whenever I find that person who got me hooked....well, I don't know. All I know is, my laundry is piled, show up late for work, kids hungry, bills piling up....

just kidding.

I found this even before my Wilton classes and after taking those classes and this site, I was soooo inspired to try new things. Every log on I find something new and new inspirations. Most of all, I've gained so many friends that I can never repay for all their kindness and support.

The 'warning' sign on the home page is just too true! Love this site!!

markiesjules Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
markiesjules Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 1:52pm
post #51 of 53

Ahhhh...I remember it like it was yesterday..... icon_rolleyes.gif I was going to make a birthday pool table cake for my DH friend... and googled "pool table cake" and lo and behold was sent to this site. It was full of great ideas and help as I am NOT a great decorator. Then that lead to the galleries....forums.....recipes.....need I say more??? icon_confused.gif Everyone here is fantastic!!!!!

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 2:04pm
post #52 of 53

I remember looking at all the galleries and thinking to myself Wow! I have never seen such beautiful cakes in my entire life!

So I joined and just read and lurked the message boards.

I was so impressed at how helpful and encouraging these very talented people were to help a newbie like me.

I also just adore the recipe section!

Thank you everyone for your inspiration!

The cakes and especially cookies(I'm a cookie baker) never cease to amaze me! We have some great talent here!

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:49am
post #53 of 53

I bought a new computer and paid up a year's worth of high speed internet. icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%