Am I Crazy?

Decorating By AgentCakeBaker Updated 2 May 2005 , 5:07pm by TheCakeShak

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 30 Apr 2005 , 11:07pm
post #1 of 26

I bought an Atlanta Bridal Magazine a couple of weeks ago and I'm just getting around to looking through it. Out of almost 150 page magazine the only thing that interest me are the wedding cakes.

So I tore out all of the pages that had cake pictures. When done I only collected about 5 pages. Am I crazy or just a little addicted to cake decorating.

25 replies
lilscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilscakes Posted 30 Apr 2005 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 26

Oh I can appreciate that! I do the same thing...that is when I can tear myself away from this site long enough to look through magazines icon_lol.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 30 Apr 2005 , 11:32pm
post #3 of 26

I know what you mean, my husband has started calling me cake lady because I'm always on CC, or looking at cake books or making cakes.

Chrystal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrystal Posted 1 May 2005 , 2:29am
post #4 of 26

its a hobby... ive been buying books like crazy.. My fiancee said You need to turn the office into your library!! And my daughter said.. Mommy can you build me a play house out of all your books... lol she didn't say that many words but thats what she tried to tell me..haha

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 1 May 2005 , 2:52am
post #5 of 26

That's funny Kristie (peacockplace)!! My DH calls me Betty Crocker!! If he called me the Pillsbury Do Girl I'd really need to start worrying!! LOL!!!! (Yep, gained some weight since I started doing cakes icon_sad.gif )I look at wedding books just to see the cakes! I never buy them it's not worth it~

ashianadotkom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashianadotkom Posted 1 May 2005 , 3:07am
post #6 of 26

Hi everyone

I am new to this site. You guys are so great .
So funny I was asking my husband last night if i am crazy cause i just wanna do cakes. He said to me "you just found your passion". He is so right about that. Iam hooked on this website (whenever my 2 year old is talking a nap or playing with his papa).
I am so glad I am not the only one.

Ashiana

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 1 May 2005 , 4:03am
post #7 of 26

icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif
my husband started calling me crazy cake lady........because im crazy about cakes.....now he started telling me RU on crazycakeladydotcom

dont get me wrong hes my biggest fan ...but loves to pick on me

Chrystal Posted 1 May 2005 , 4:25am
post #8 of 26

haha my fiancee asks me if IM on the Cake CUlt site again.. lol..hes so dumb

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 1 May 2005 , 9:15pm
post #9 of 26

Hey Tina, I'm having the same problem. I think I 've gaines like 8 pounds since I started doing cakes regularly! I need a magnet on my fridge that says "put down the spoon and back away from the frosting!" How do you all do it. You have to taste to makes sure things are good, I just can't seem to stop a to taste!

letseatcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letseatcake Posted 1 May 2005 , 10:00pm
post #10 of 26

I am crazy also. I buy brides magazines just for the cakes. Any magazine I see that has a cake picture on it I buy. I am on this site whenever I'm home. I hate to got to work I'm afraid I'll miss something. I got two of my friends addicted also. I am always looking for websites and books on cakes.

I'm glad I'm not alone icon_biggrin.gif

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 1 May 2005 , 10:02pm
post #11 of 26

HOW SAD IS THIS? LAST WEEK I WENT TO A BIRTHDAY PARTY AND AFTER THE PARTY A WEDDING RECEPTION WAS COMING IN TO WHERE WE WERE. THEY STARTED SETTING UP THE WEDDING CAKE AND HERE I AM OVER TAKING PICTURES OF THE WEDDING CAKE THAT I AM NOT EVEN INVITED TO. I WAS LEARNING BY WATCHING AND MY HUSBAND IS SAYING NOW YOU HAVE LOST IT - YOU'RE ARE NOT EVEN INVITED TO THE WEDDING AND YOU ARE TAKING PICTURES OF THE CAKE. THAT IS SAD! I SAID OH WELL I AM LEARNING AND HIS AUNT IS TELLING HIM TO LEAVE ME ALONE. THE PEOPLE SETTING UP THE CAKE ARE LOOKING AT US LIKE WE ARE ALL NUTS. WE ARE BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 1 May 2005 , 10:52pm
post #12 of 26

I'm with TC, I look thru the magazines for cakes but never buy them. There seems to be very little about cakes in them. I'm doing an awful lot of thinking about cakes these days. My hubby's in the other room reading on the net about restoring old helicopters and I'm in here reading about cakes. LOL

greencargirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greencargirl Posted 1 May 2005 , 11:10pm
post #13 of 26

I know what you mean about not buying them... you all should check out your local libraries... i go there almost every week and check out new cake books or videos... and it's free icon_smile.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 1 May 2005 , 11:33pm
post #14 of 26

The library is a great idea, Greencargirl, use their books and tapes, then if we find one we like really well we can buy that one.

I want the books, but they are too expensive and there are too many to buy every one...I've got a couple of videos that I wish I hadn't bought, too.

Janice

2cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2cakes Posted 2 May 2005 , 3:00am
post #15 of 26

Hi Everyone! I have magazines galore, keep only the ones that I will be using and others I toss out. I am more interested in the cake decorate and gardening magazine. When I go to a book store and check out the magazine section, and browse through the cake decorating, I keep the ones that I am going to buy and the others I don't buy. As for my weight, ok, never do I try my baked cakes cause I am always making and given them out; there is no time for me to si and taste any of my cakes except when I make them for guests and there is hardly cause of their busy lives and my busy schedule, but I do find time to make the cakes. Although, sweets are my down fall when it comes to having them around my place, so therefore, I don't have any around my place. I would gain so much weight if I decided to eat just the cakes and other sweets. Carbs. is whate gets to me, so I watch them carbs. icon_smile.gif

mixaleena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixaleena Posted 2 May 2005 , 3:14am
post #16 of 26

Everytime I see flowers outside I think 'hmmm, I wonder if there is a tutorial for making <insert flower name here> out of gumpaste or fondant.'
LOL...funny thing is, I barely eat the stuff I make. Icing has always been way too sweet for me, so I always scrape it off and just eat the cake part when I do eat it...LOL

WEAKNESS: Yellow cake tops.

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 2 May 2005 , 3:39am
post #17 of 26

icon_wink.gif I went last weekend to the bookstore and saw many nice books on how to do gumpaste flowering by hand. I found two great books that give very easy step by step directions on how to. So then I went to buy some gum paste stuff and some other stuff I needed and can't wait to have at it.
I even saw the book The Whimisical Bakehouse and the Cake Mix Doctor, they had some good info too.
I was looking to see if any classes were given on gumpaste flower making where I live, but instead decided to give it the ol' girl try......at home.
I too don't like to eat any flowers whether made from buttercream or fondant or royal icing. I just love how they smell. "Great way to drop the sweet tooth"..eh???
I am starting to get sorta tired of looking at cake too. But still love how my house smells while they are baking.....yummy>>>
take care.... thumbs_up.gifusaribbon.gif

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 2 May 2005 , 3:52am
post #18 of 26

okay, let me tell you about crazy.....i go to bed at night and dream about cakes! i thought i was going crazy....i spend lots of time on internet looking at cakes and checking this site for new postings. now wilton is having a cake contest....i am an amature so, i wouldnt win, but just thinking about doing a creative cake that would win....again, dreaming about cakes during the night. good grief.....i'm glad i've found many friends that have the same passion as me.
melody

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 2 May 2005 , 5:17am
post #19 of 26

i'd say you bought the wrong book! icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 2 May 2005 , 5:36am
post #20 of 26

Im with melody ....im also always dreaming about cakes...and sometimes i dream that im on CC....learning new things.....and then i wake up and wonder was that real?

Chrystal Posted 2 May 2005 , 5:52am
post #21 of 26

i was teaching the sugar pulling class the other day.. and i completely got off the topic.. i was talking about candy thermometers.. and all of a sudden i start talking about tempering chocolate and make mmf... the class looked at me wierd..then i realized i was talking about cakes..and said im sorry..im addicted to this website...they all laughed and toild me i need to take time away from here... but now a few of them have joined..lol

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 2 May 2005 , 7:55am
post #22 of 26

You're crazy, we're all crazy here.... I pulled myself away for a few days to tend to some moving issues and I still kept thinking whats going on, at CC....I come and take 5 mins look to see if there were any posts with 0 or 1 or 2 posts and got off.... I had to.... though I am usually very organized, right now I feel very ditzy, because I have tons of cakes to do for teacher appreciation, a cake for the teachers lunchoen next week AND to top it off ,I found a card that was supposed to be sent to TC along time ago in my husbands pile of papers, postcards in the same pile that I was supposed to send to nashsmom and a nutcracker that I bought that is supposed to be sent to tcrema in a pile of boxes that my husband is sending to the states so we know it will get there before we do. I was on here so much I depended on my husband to send things for me, and he's busier then I am!!!! SO ladies we all are a bit crazy here, and its ok to be....just dont let your friends down, like I have (those named here) do what you got to do and then come and play! icon_smile.gif

AgentCakeBaker Posted 2 May 2005 , 2:47pm
post #23 of 26

OK. I see I'm not the only one.

I'm so addicted to this site. I woke up last night @ 1am in the morning just to use the bathroom. Well I wanted to log on the cake central just to see if I missed anything especially since I hadn't logged on all day Sunday.

Now that's crazy!

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 2 May 2005 , 3:30pm
post #24 of 26

AgentCakeBaker now that is CRAZY!!!!

AgentCakeBaker Posted 2 May 2005 , 3:33pm
post #25 of 26

LOL! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I know! icon_redface.gif

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 2 May 2005 , 5:07pm
post #26 of 26

icon_rolleyes.gif Yeah....My hubby thinks I'm off my rocker too. Ever since I went to the Wilton Cake Classes, I've turned what I learned into a business!! I go crazy bonkers everytime I go to Michaels to buy some stuff. I tell my hubby "I'm only going to buy a few things" and end up buying alot of goodies. He just laughs at me. Anything new that comes out in gadget from Wilton, I buy it. I looked at hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of wedding cake pictures on many web sites and printed hundreds of cakes that I really like and have already done. I just finished creating a new style of a Mom's Day cake. I took one down to my neighbor to brighten her day, and later that evening she called me with 5 cake orders...I too dream about cakes. I love to work with fondant.etc..I get in the mail two cake magazines, one is called American Cake Decorating and the other is Mailbox News, a cake magazine for cake decorating. I love them!!!! It has wonderful info and great pics too!! Plus some great supply stores that I can order cake parts when I can't find them here where I live. thumbs_up.gificon_wink.gificon_cool.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%