Colette Peters, I Am So Exctied.

Decorating By cakeconfections Updated 22 Apr 2005 , 1:16pm by m0use

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 21

I just had to post because I am so exctied. I was on a waiting list to get into her class and got an email that she has agreed to another class the week before because of the large waiting list. Just got off the phone and I am registerd. My dh is taking a week off of work so that I can go. I am so excited, this is going to be so much fun.

20 replies
melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 21

Wow, that is so incredibly exciting for you! You are so lucky. Congratulations!

Melissa icon_biggrin.gif

elin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elin Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 2:24pm
post #3 of 21

You are a lucky girl. How funny it will be.
Have a great time.
icon_smile.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 2:25pm
post #4 of 21

You go girl..... how did you find out about them anyway>>>

cakeconfections Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 2:27pm
post #5 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by flayvurdfun

You go girl..... how did you find out about them anyway>>>

On wiltons website under classes they list what they offer. You can also go to her website to find out where else she will be teaching.

http://www.colettescakes.com/classes_cc.html

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 2:35pm
post #6 of 21

WOW! I'm excited for you. I don't think I'm worthy of taking classes taught by Colette Peters.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 2:48pm
post #7 of 21

Come on Agentcakebaker, you know better than that, you definitely are "worthy", your cakes are beautiful!

Nicholas Lodge is teaching gumpaste flowers here in my area on the 23rd, 24th, 25th & 26th, and they are pretty pricey, can't even imagine what Collette's classes would be. Should have said that I'm not attending, partly because of the cost, but mostly because I'm not ready for gumpaste flower making!

Becky, when you finish the class, you will be able to help all of us figure out how to do these cakes we are all so fascinated with! Have a great time!

Janice

ps you evidently have a gem of a husband!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 2:58pm
post #8 of 21

Oh you are sooooo very lucky! I would love to take lessons from her. I hope you have a blast!!! My classes are next weekend with Toba Garrett..I'm counting the days!! icon_biggrin.gif

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 3:03pm
post #9 of 21

Congratulations cakeconfections!! That is wonderful to be able to take a class like that!! Learn a lot and share all your tips with us! lol

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 3:06pm
post #10 of 21

That's wonderful! Congratulations! One of these days I'll be able to take a class!

Debbie

cakeconfections Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 3:11pm
post #11 of 21

Thanks all. My hubby is one in a million. He also feels it is an eduction opp. that I should not pass by. I also am a wilton instructor so the 40% off tuiton really helped. I dont think i would have gone if I had to pay full price.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 3:13pm
post #12 of 21

I am so jealous icon_cry.gif I was just looking at that yesterday. we'll all be waiting for tips from you when you get home!

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 3:15pm
post #13 of 21

Congrats, cakeconfections! You are way too lucky to be going. Only in my dreams could I attend on of her classes!! Can't wait for you to tell us what you learn!!!!

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 3:16pm
post #14 of 21

And MrsMissey, you are also in the lucky section! I mean, Toba Garrett!!! What a treat. I can't wait to get back to the States. Maybe then I can try to get into one. icon_cry.gif

Godiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godiva Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 3:44pm
post #15 of 21

Wonderful!
Where are you taking the classes though? In Darien, or here in NYC?
What class??

She is a wonderful and fun teacher...I took a painting class with her and she is soooo down to earth...girl next door...with extraordinary talents that is icon_lol.gif

Take your digital camera for step by step pictures...she doesnt' mind...

Enjoy!

cakeconfections Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 3:52pm
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godiva

Wonderful!
Where are you taking the classes though? In Darien, or here in NYC?
What class??

She is a wonderful and fun teacher...I took a painting class with her and she is soooo down to earth...girl next door...with extraordinary talents that is icon_lol.gif

Take your digital camera for step by step pictures...she doesnt' mind...

Enjoy!

I will taking her class in Darian.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 4:44pm
post #17 of 21

How lucky you are! You're going to be sharing breathing space with a cake legend. I love her work. Don't forget to get her to sign one of her books for you.

Tea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tea Posted 21 Apr 2005 , 4:56pm
post #18 of 21

Congrats! I have one of her books and some cakes she did for that books were just beautiful icon_smile.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 3:36am
post #19 of 21

Congratulations!!!!! Now you will be able to teach us what you've learned!!! Oh, your gonna be busy, LOL!! Have a great time!!!!! Fantastic news!!

2cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2cakes Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 3:58am
post #20 of 21

Congrats to you both and make sure you take lots of pictures so you can share them with us. Also, take in all the tips and ideas that you receive from them as well others sharing the class with you. Enjoy and have fun.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 1:16pm
post #21 of 21

Congratulations to the both of you, Collette Peters and Toba Garret, what a privelege..Make sure to let us know how everything went, and please if you take pics share them here!! (Just don't forget to edit any faces if needed. icon_wink.gif )
m0use

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%