Lounge By notjustcake Updated 23 May 2009 , 7:36am by pebblez87

pieface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieface Posted 3 May 2007 , 7:49pm
post #421 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneprimalscream

Nice photos, everyone!

Here's me...without bangs, which is rare:

Erm...drawing would describe my personality more, so I will post a few of my drawings.

I ASSUME THAT YOUR LEFT SIDE IS YOUR "GOOD SIDE" icon_lol.gif

oneprimalscream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oneprimalscream Posted 3 May 2007 , 9:31pm
post #422 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieface

I didn't think of it that way, hehe...perhaps you're correct! icon_razz.gif

Those drawings were actually drawn from the mirror, so that's my right-side. icon_smile.gif

Anna31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anna31 Posted 3 May 2007 , 9:46pm
post #423 of 615
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieface

I didn't think of it that way, hehe...perhaps you're correct! icon_razz.gif

Those drawings were actually drawn from the mirror, so that's my right-side. icon_smile.gif

Your drawings are amazing! You are very talented and so beautiful. Someone should be drawing you!

I like painting with watercolors, have sold some of my artwork. But have never taken any college level classes so am not nearly as skilled as you are. Frosting is my medium now! With two very young kids that is about all I have time for.

Anna

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 3 May 2007 , 10:45pm
post #424 of 615

If it's okay, I'd like to add one. The bottom one is of me and Zack, my Fiancé.
LL
LL

PistachioCranberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PistachioCranberry Posted 3 May 2007 , 10:49pm
post #425 of 615

Nice pics...you and your sister definitely look alike.

oneprimalscream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oneprimalscream Posted 3 May 2007 , 11:11pm
post #426 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna31

Your drawings are amazing! You are very talented and so beautiful. Someone should be drawing you!

I like painting with watercolors, have sold some of my artwork. But have never taken any college level classes so am not nearly as skilled as you are. Frosting is my medium now! With two very young kids that is about all I have time for.

Anna

Thank you, thank you icon_smile.gif

I've been drawing since I was a little, little kid. I'm a weirdo though - I never sell any of my drawings or paintings. I spend so much time on them, it just feels so strange to part with them. I guess it's also because I never viewed art as a profession; I was always stuck on the idea of doing something with computers. But then college came, and now I am a Fine Art major, graphic design minor.

You should totally get in to painting again. You could do portraits of your children. Just think about how cool it will be for them when they are all grown up to have portraits of themselves that their mommy painted! icon_smile.gif

Anna31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anna31 Posted 3 May 2007 , 11:33pm
post #427 of 615
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna31

Anna

Thank you, thank you icon_smile.gif

I've been drawing since I was a little, little kid. I'm a weirdo though - I never sell any of my drawings or paintings. I spend so much time on them, it just feels so strange to part with them. I guess it's also because I never viewed art as a profession; I was always stuck on the idea of doing something with computers. But then college came, and now I am a Fine Art major, graphic design minor.

You should totally get in to painting again. You could do portraits of your children. Just think about how cool it will be for them when they are all grown up to have portraits of themselves that their mommy painted! icon_smile.gif

I must admit that painting people was never one of my strengths. I am far better at painting nature like flowers, birds and landscapes. I may try the portrait thing though, it would be neat to paint their sweet little faces!

I understand why you don't want to sell your art! There are some of my pieces that I am far too attached to. I have paintings hanging in my house that I did when I was in high school that I would never part with. Your art really IS a part of you.

Anna

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 20 May 2007 , 2:00am
post #428 of 615

Hey everyone ~ what happened to this thread?? Anymore bites??

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 20 May 2007 , 3:51am
post #429 of 615

I came in on this late in the game, but I really did enjoy seeing and reading about everyone. Maybe some more will join in. Come on guys! icon_biggrin.gif

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 21 May 2007 , 6:41am
post #430 of 615

I want to post pics, too. But my monkey paws get in the way icon_cry.gif Can anyone help me out w/ this? How do you do it?[/img]

heavensgaits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavensgaits Posted 21 May 2007 , 7:15am
post #431 of 615

LOL, guess I'm jumpimg in a bit late to. Here I am about two years ago. We were getting ready to go to a military ball. At the time I was working as a civilian with the same unit that I was a part of when I was in the military.
LL

lynda-bob Posted 21 May 2007 , 2:55pm
post #432 of 615

Nope, it didn't work icon_redface.gif I'm hopeless! icon_razz.gif

Steady2Hands Posted 21 May 2007 , 9:08pm
post #433 of 615

lynda-bob ~ what's Monkey Paws?

lynda-bob Posted 22 May 2007 , 2:19am
post #434 of 615

Steadytwohands, I couldn't help but laugh when I read your question and then noticed your name icon_lol.gif I call myself "monkey paws" whenever I don't know how to do something on the computer (which is lots of the time icon_rolleyes.gif ). One of my friends is my personal computer nerd but I don't always have him at my disposal because he's in college full time and works part time. He says I'm getting better; I told him my new name is soon going to be "articulate monkey paws". icon_razz.gif

Steady2Hands Posted 22 May 2007 , 11:57am
post #435 of 615

icon_lol.gif Articulate Monkey Paws icon_lol.gif that is too funny!

What are you having trouble with: shrinking/resizing pics? posting?

lynda-bob Posted 22 May 2007 , 2:25pm
post #436 of 615

Steady2hands,

I guess just posting (unless there is a size limitation like with the avatars?). I thought I had figured it out but then when I tried it, NO Go icon_cool.gif I thought I could just put the file name/address? (I don't even know correct computer lingo icon_redface.gif ) and then highlight the line and press [Img] up above the post reply box; I guess not icon_cry.gif . Do you think you'd be able to instruct my poor monkey-pawed soul? icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif TIA

Steady2Hands Posted 22 May 2007 , 2:32pm
post #437 of 615

Click on "post reply"
Type what you want as your reply.
Toward the bottom of the screen click on "Add an Attachment"
Then the attachment box will appear.
Click on "Browse"
Browse your computer for your pic and then double click on it. That should automatically add the file name for you.
Add a file comment if you want to.
Click "Submit".

Hopefully this should do it unless you have to resize your pic.

lynda-bob Posted 22 May 2007 , 3:19pm
post #438 of 615

Dohhh! (slapping my own forehead icon_redface.gif ) That sounds relatively simple, Steady2hands. Wish me luck! icon_razz.gif

lynda-bob Posted 22 May 2007 , 3:22pm
post #439 of 615

This is my sister and me ( I think icon_lol.gif if I actually was able to do it!!)
I'm in the black coat...
LL

lynda-bob Posted 22 May 2007 , 3:24pm
post #440 of 615

WooHoo! I dood it! Thanks so much Steady! icon_biggrin.gif
Now you all are about to be bombarded! icon_lol.gif
Here is my 12 yr old son, "Shugie" making cookies...
LL

lynda-bob Posted 22 May 2007 , 3:25pm
post #441 of 615

Here is my beauty, Belle (Isabella 10 yrs old)...
LL

Steady2Hands Posted 23 May 2007 , 3:14am
post #442 of 615

lynda-bob ~ I'm so glad it worked thumbs_up.gif It took me a while to figure it out too.

You and your family are so beautiful. I'm glad you're able to share those pics with us! You remind me of a couple of sweet high school friends I had.

lynda-bob Posted 23 May 2007 , 5:13am
post #443 of 615

Awww icon_redface.gif Thanks for the compliment and thanks for the help, Steady!

kidsnurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidsnurse Posted 23 May 2007 , 6:57am
post #444 of 615

OK, here's me, then I'm goin' to bed!!
LL

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 25 May 2007 , 2:23am
post #445 of 615

Okay, so here is a picture of me and my husband and my two boys. Oh yeah, my cat George a.k.a. Fata$$ or just Fatness! That's nice, my cat posted first. This is not our pecking order!!

Amy icon_rolleyes.gif
LL
LL
LL

cakemommy Posted 25 May 2007 , 2:26am
post #446 of 615

I guess I should say also that I just love being able to put a face to all of the screen names. Everyone is so beautiful and so are the babies (every age)!

Amy

cakemommy Posted 25 May 2007 , 2:30am
post #447 of 615

mizshelli~ You must be a very proud military wife!!!!!!! usaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gif Your husband looks stellar in his uniform.

Amy

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 25 May 2007 , 3:08am
post #448 of 615

Hi Amy, how cool to see a pic of you! I love when I can put faces on to the people I know... your kids are adorable!!!!! icon_smile.gif

lynda-bob Posted 25 May 2007 , 3:38am
post #449 of 615

Amy, you and your family are so photogenic! And Fatness is working the camera icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

cakemommy Posted 25 May 2007 , 5:04am
post #450 of 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda-bob

Amy, you and your family are so photogenic! And Fatness is working the camera icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Oh man! You made my night! I have had such a rough day. Yeah, we call him fatness because he weighs 14 lbs.!! We were told by the vet that he isn't meant to be a lean cat but good grief, he is that fat on Feline Light Science Diet and AND, get this.....this cat doesn't do treats. We haven't bought him any in a few years. I actually contemplated getting him some today when I went grocery shopping but I thought, "Nah, he's fat enough!" He probably wouldn't eat it anyway.

Thank you for the compliment on my monsters, I mean boys. David is the younger one. He's two and looks more like me I think. He especially look like my dad. Unfortunately my father passed away in '98 but I know he would be proud.

Now Johnathan looks like his daddy. He's the one who's giving me attitude issues right at the moment. His daddy has been gone for almost five months and he's frustrated.

You all are so wonderful!!!

Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%