Translator Needed

Español By texastwinkie Updated 3 Feb 2006 , 3:11pm by MariaLovesCakes

texastwinkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastwinkie Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 12:04pm
post #1 of 41

Can someone translate a recipe from Spanish to English for me?

40 replies
MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastwinkie

Can someone translate a recipe from Spanish to English for me?

Sure. You want to PM me or post it here?

sofiasmami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sofiasmami Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 41

ooops you forgot to post the recipe icon_lol.gif .... post it if you still need help

texastwinkie Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 9:48pm
post #4 of 41

Thank you for offering to help!!! I had seen decodelia's beautiful anniversery cake and love the look of the frosting she used. It looks so creamy! Anyway she shared the link to the recipe but it's in Spanish and my Spanish is very limited! So here's the link. I love the look of her cake..can't wait to give that icing recipe a try. Here's the link http://foro.univision.com/univision/board/message?board.id=postres&message.id=84869
Muchas Gracias! (hope I spelled that right!)

texastwinkie Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 10:15pm
post #5 of 41

Here it is..
RESETA DEL LUSTRE HERVIDO
4 CLARAS DE HUEVO
21/2 TAZA DE AZUCAR CORRIENTE
3/4 DE TAZA DE AGUA
10 GOTITAS DE ACIDO ACETICO
Y GOTITAS DE ESENCIA AL GUSTO (PERO POCO A POCO)

PROCEDIMIENTO

EN UNA OLLITA PONER EL AGUA Y EL AZUCAR
TEMPERATURA MEDIA,
PUEDES REBULVER LOS INGREDIENTE CON CUCHARA DE MADERA, DISOLVER SOLO UN POCO, NO LO TOQUES MAS, VA A HERVIR Y A HERVIR UN RATITO,
LIMPIAR LA ESPUMA QUE SE HACE EN LOS BORDES DE LO OLL A, SACARLOS CON UNA CUCHARA Y DESECHARLO
PARA SABER EL PUNTO,
COGE CON UNA CUCHARA POQUITOS
METELO EN UN VASO CON AGUA A TEMPERATURA AMBIENTE,

HASTA QUE PUEDAS PERFECTAMENTE FORMAR CON LOS DEDOS UNA BOLITA DE CARAMELO, APARTA DEL FUEGO, BATA LAS CLARAS A PUNTO DE NIEVE, LUEGO AGREGA(CALIENTE) EN CHORRITO FINO EL ALMIBAR.
APAGA LA BATIDORA E INCORPORA EL ACIDO Y LA SENCIA SEGUE BATIENDO HASTA QUE CORTE Y FORME PICOS PERFECTAMENTE

MariaLovesCakes Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 10:41pm
post #6 of 41

Okay, I will work on it...

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 11:12pm
post #7 of 41

WOW the icing looks so glossy!!! very nice! can't wait to get the info in english!

texastwinkie Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 11:33pm
post #8 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaLovesCakes

Okay, I will work on it...

Thank you so much for helping me!!!

texastwinkie Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 12:11pm
post #9 of 41

Ok, here is what I managed to translate..can you help me with it further?
This may not be right? Thanks!

RESETA (icing?)OF THE BOILED LUSTER (boiled icing?)
4 CLEAR OF EGG (egg whites)
21/2 CUP OF CURRENT AZUCAR (what is this??)
3/4 OF WATER CUP
10 GOTITAS OF ACIDO ACETICO (what is this??)
And GOTITAS OF ESSENCE To the TASTE (BUT Little by little)

PROCEDURE
IN A OLLITA TO PUT The WATER And The AZUCAR
AVERAGE TEMPERATURE,
YOU CAN REBULVER The INGREDIENT WITH WOOD SPOON, TO DISSOLVE SINGLE A little, I DO NOT TOUCH MAS To IT, IS GOING TO BOIL And TO BOIL A RATITO,
TO CLEAN The FOAM THAT BECOMES IN The EDGES OF The OlL To, TO REMOVE THEM WITH A SPOON And TO REJECT IT
IN ORDER TO KNOW THE POINT,
IT TAKES WITH A SPOON POQUITOS (small spoon)
METELO (drop?) IN A GLASS WITH WATER To ROOM TEMPERATURE,
UNTIL YOU CAN PERFECTLY FORM WITH THE FINGERS A CARAMEL SMALL BALL, IT SEPARATES (remove) FROM THE FIRE,
DRESSING GOWN The CLEAR Ones On the verge of SNOW, SOON AGREGA(CALIENTE) (hot) IN FINE CHORRITO The ALMIBAR.
IT EXTINGUISHES (turn off) The BEATER And IT INCORPORATES The ACIDO And SENCIA SEGUE BEATING
UNTIL IT CUTS And IT FORMS tips (peaks?) PERFECTLY

MariaLovesCakes Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 1:14pm
post #10 of 41
Quote:

Ok, here is what I managed to translate..can you help me with it further?
This may not be right? Thanks!

RESETA (icing?)OF THE BOILED LUSTER (boiled icing?)
4 CLEAR OF EGG (egg whites)
21/2 CUP OF CURRENT AZUCAR (what is this??)
3/4 OF WATER CUP
10 GOTITAS OF ACIDO ACETICO (what is this??)
And GOTITAS OF ESSENCE To the TASTE (BUT Little by little)

PROCEDURE
IN A OLLITA TO PUT The WATER And The AZUCAR
AVERAGE TEMPERATURE,
YOU CAN REBULVER The INGREDIENT WITH WOOD SPOON, TO DISSOLVE SINGLE A little, I DO NOT TOUCH MAS To IT, IS GOING TO BOIL And TO BOIL A RATITO,
TO CLEAN The FOAM THAT BECOMES IN The EDGES OF The OlL To, TO REMOVE THEM WITH A SPOON And TO REJECT IT
IN ORDER TO KNOW THE POINT,
IT TAKES WITH A SPOON POQUITOS (small spoon)
METELO (drop?) IN A GLASS WITH WATER To ROOM TEMPERATURE,
UNTIL YOU CAN PERFECTLY FORM WITH THE FINGERS A CARAMEL SMALL BALL, IT SEPARATES (remove) FROM THE FIRE,
DRESSING GOWN The CLEAR Ones On the verge of SNOW, SOON AGREGA(CALIENTE) (hot) IN FINE CHORRITO The ALMIBAR.
IT EXTINGUISHES (turn off) The BEATER And IT INCORPORATES The ACIDO And SENCIA SEGUE BEATING
UNTIL IT CUTS And IT FORMS tips (peaks?) PERFECTLY

Yeah, you did pretty well. This icing seems like Italian Meringue Buttercream and/or Swiss. Except for a few variations.

I emailed decodelia because there is an ingredient that I need some clarification on. It maybe Cream of Tartar or Meringue Powder but she said that she was going to get back with me to see which ingredient that is. She is from Costa Rica and things over there are called differently.

Once she gets me the definition, I will post the whole thing here.

But you did a really good job there... thumbs_up.gif

anabrown Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anabrown Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 1:52pm
post #11 of 41

4 egg whites
2 ½ cups sugar
¾ cups water
10 drops acetic acid
drops of flavour essence (the one you prefer) but added one by one

How to make it
Place the sugar and water in a pan on medium heat. You can mix the ingredients with a wooden spoon until dissolve a little. After that, do not touch the mixture. It will start to boil. Remove the foam that will form on the borders of the pan take it out with a spoon and discard it. To know the point, with the help of the spoon drop a bit on a glass with water at room temperature. When you are able to form a small sugar ball with your fingers, turn of the cook top. Beat the egg whites to soft peaks. While using the electric beater, add the sugar mixture to the egg whites on a fine string while still hot. Turn the beaters off and add the citric acid and essence and fold until it forms perfect peaks.

MariaLovesCakes Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 2:51pm
post #12 of 41

Everyone:

anabrown went ahead and translated it for us.

I am still waiting on that acid ingredient. She said that you could get it at Michaels but it is under another name.

When she emails me, I will let you all know.

texastwinkie Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 10:42pm
post #13 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahal

where did you get this recipe ? from a Mexican cook book ?
icon_biggrin.gif good luck.. thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

I was looking in the gallery at cakes and noticed decodelia's cakes. I pm'ed her and asked if she would be willing to share her icing recipe as I loved how glossy, creamy and light her icing looked. (Looks like it might be fun to work with) Anyway, she understood enough of what I was requesting and gave me a link to the recipe. Her English isn't good and my Spanish is horrible so our pm's only got us so far, I then sought help from these fine people on this Spanish forum! icon_biggrin.gif
Look at decodelia's cake! It's so pretty!!!!
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=decodelia&cat=0&pos=6

izzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzybee Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 10:46pm
post #14 of 41

So there is no butter in this? It is just a meringue then? What keeps it soft I wonder, or does it firm up? It is beautiful, but that is why it is so shiny because it is just a meringue essentially.

texastwinkie Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 10:46pm
post #15 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaLovesCakes

Everyone:

anabrown went ahead and translated it for us.

I am still waiting on that acid ingredient. She said that you could get it at Michaels but it is under another name.

When she emails me, I will let you all know.

Can't wait to find out what the mystery ingredient is!
Thanks MarialovesCakes and anabrown for helping me!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Muchas Gracias!

ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 10:49pm
post #16 of 41

In reference to the remark "Welcome To America, now speak English", just remember that this forum has people in other countries as well. Also, how would YOU feel if you went to another country for, let's say, vacation and you were treated with the same attitude. I applaud every person who attempts to learn other languages...it's not easy!

izzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzybee Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 10:50pm
post #17 of 41

I found this on another message board:

Acetic acid is the organic name for vinegar, I remember that from the little organic chemistry that I took. I would stick to the vinegar family vs. lemon juice or some other kind of acid. I would probably recommend just plain everyday white vinegar, the kind you use to clean with.

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 11:04pm
post #18 of 41

texas,
Just ignore the flamebait. Some people join forums just to stir up trouble.

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 11:20pm
post #19 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzybee

I found this on another message board:

Acetic acid is the organic name for vinegar, I remember that from the little organic chemistry that I took. I would stick to the vinegar family vs. lemon juice or some other kind of acid. I would probably recommend just plain everyday white vinegar, the kind you use to clean with.

You're right izzybee
When we were learning royal icing, the recipe called for powdered sugar, egg whites and acetic acid. That was either a few drops of white vinegar or lemon juice.
Nati

texastwinkie Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 11:32pm
post #20 of 41

would vinegar make it taste funny??? Do you you think that lemon might taste a little better? I really appreciate all the help on this!!!

MariaLovesCakes Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 12:09am
post #21 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzybee

So there is no butter in this? It is just a meringue then? What keeps it soft I wonder, or does it firm up? It is beautiful, but that is why it is so shiny because it is just a meringue essentially.

You know, you are right. I didn't even notice that there is no butter on this recipe. So it isn't like Italian or Swiss Meringue.

Interesting to see how to the texture is.

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 12:44am
post #22 of 41
Quote:
Quote:

In reference to the remark "Welcome To America, now speak English".....

Cakecentral.com has 0 tolerance for this kind of behavior. The user that made those remarks has lost thier forum privileges permanently.

Claudine1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claudine1976 Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 12:59am
post #23 of 41

I feel you did the right thing Jackie, Its not the first time that she writes something offensive against another person on Cake Central, or try to pass anothers person cake for hers. She was getting into my nerves for sure. My first language is not English and I like when somebody make positive criticism when I make a mistake or misspell a word, its ok, Im learning, and I appreciate that. But, what she wrote was offensive, really bad. The other day another member had to open a new topic to make her stop harassing her about a cake she made and took inspiration out a book, more than 4 times, under the comments mahal told her that the cake was in a book, when the author of the cake said so in the picture commentsI feel better now that shes not around. Just my 2 cents.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 1:06am
post #24 of 41

time for one of my way out in left field comments:

when I saw "acetic acid" as an ingredient, my first thought was:

what, are we developing film here!?!?!
(in very super concentrated form, it's the stop bath when developing B/W film and prints)

boonenati Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 1:26am
post #25 of 41
Quote:

would vinegar make it taste funny??? Do you you think that lemon might taste a little better? I really appreciate all the help on this!!!

With the royal icing it made no difference to the flavour, as it was only a few drops, and it was more to do with the chemical reaction it would have, than adding flavour. I would guess that if the amount you add is small, it shouldnt affect the flavour. I have also purchased acetic acid as a powder, just recently found it in the spices section of my supermarket
Nati

texastwinkie Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 3:12am
post #26 of 41

I'm so sorry this topic got "off" in another direction. I hope I didn't create a problem icon_sad.gif . My apologies!

boonenati Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 3:20am
post #27 of 41
Quote:

I'm so sorry this topic got "off" in another direction. I hope I didn't create a problem icon_sad.gif . My apologies!

Don't feel bad texastwinkie, you did nothing wrong.
Nati

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 3:24am
post #28 of 41

it's probably cream of tartar (used to stabilize the egg whites). And to keep the sugar from crystalizing.
k. nevermind!!! lol icon_redface.gif
sheesh i must be losing my mind here.
It is "Italian Meringue" just no butter to make it italian meringue "buttercream"

kilsia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kilsia Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 4:17am
post #29 of 41

hoal amiga este es lo que yo uso el famoso supiro es nadamas clara y agua y azucar y si puedes decorar con supiro que es lo mas dificil el buttercream eres un excelente. bueno todos los biscocho es con esa receta que ustedes estan tratando de traducir es que hago mis bizcocho dominicano.

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 4:29am
post #30 of 41

K bein's we are on the language issue, i have a question: i will try it first in spanish and then english
here goes. don't laugh at my punctuation or syntax lol; Como se llame "cake" en espanol? Este pasteles o bizcocho? k now in english; what do you call a cake in spanish, pasteles or bizcocho?
icon_cry.gif don't laugh at my spanish. I only know enough to get in trouble!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%