Valentine's Day Approaching..how Did You Meet Your..

Lounge By mudpie Updated 19 Feb 2006 , 3:00pm by sweetsuccess

cat121481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cat121481 Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 4:00pm
post #31 of 72

I was single and my friend had just been dumped. She was sad and wanted to get out of the house. So, we went cruising( driving up and down the same street, we live in a small town). We pulled into a gas station and she saw a friend of hers riding with some other people. She called her friend over to talk and I noticed this cute guy riding in the same car as her. We asked her his name, my friend called him over. He gave me his #. I called him and we talked (at first I had a hard time understanding what he was saying, I am southern and he is a yankie). Anyway, We started dating on my parents anniversary. We have been together for 5 1/2 yrs and married for 1 1/2.

We started our family before we married. We have a little boy that just turned 3 and a little girl that is almost 5 months.

PurplePetunia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PurplePetunia Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 3:38am
post #32 of 72

. . .great stories!! icon_smile.gif

I met DH at church. icon_wink.gif

Got engaged one year later icon_lol.gif

Married two years later. icon_smile.gif

Been happily married almost 14 years. icon_biggrin.gif

Two kids. icon_cool.gif

Gets sweeter and sweeter every day! icon_biggrin.gif

Moral to my story?

God doesn't make mistakes!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 4:13am
post #33 of 72

I meet mine on a blind date Christmas Eve 34 years ago LOVE AT FIRST SITE.

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 4:15am
post #34 of 72

Your so right GOD DOESN'T MAKE MISTAKES thumbs_up.gif

Devonee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Devonee Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 2:48pm
post #35 of 72

I moved 6 hours away from home and I came home on a holiday once. A friend of mine introduced me to my hubby and we started dating almost immediatly. I thought we were just a fling because I lived so far away but he drove every weekend to where I lived just to see me. We've been married for 5 years.

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 3:03am
post #36 of 72

MINE IS ALMOST THE SAME AS BEANYHUNTER'S STORY. MY SISTER AND MY HUSBAND DATED AT TWO DIFFERENT TIMES IN HIGH SCHOOL. THEY FINALLY BROKE IT OFF AND MY HUSBAND ASKED ME. I WAS A JUNIOR AND HE WAS A SENIOR. WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR ALMOST 18 YEARS. WE'VE BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST 11 YEARS. TWO KIDS - GIRL IS ALMOST 10 AND BOY JUST TURNED 6. AFTER READING BEANY'S STORY I'VE DECIDED I AM OLD!!!!

baker4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baker4life Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 3:55am
post #37 of 72

Love the stories!!

My husband and I were set up on a blind date by a mututal best friend. I didn't like him because I had gotten out of a serious relationship a few months before. I wasn't ready to date, but he never gave up. Would call and send me flowers after each date.

We've been there for eachother through thick & thin.

Still happily married almost 5 years later!

icon_biggrin.gif

melony1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melony1976 Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 7:24pm
post #38 of 72

We met in the 8th grade he would always sit behind me and bother me. Our freshman year he would always ask me out but I had a boyfriend and me and him were friends. I left the school and came back my junior year and he started asking me out again this time i saidd yes. Our senior year was a blast we graduated together and we've been married for 11 yrs now.

kmcguire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmcguire Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 5:29am
post #39 of 72

I met my darling wife in a chat room. We talked in chat for a year before I knew she lived only 30 miles away. We decided to meet one day in 1999 and we have been together since....until Sunday night.....she passed away. She was my joy, my love, my hopes and dreams....I am lost without her. She got me started with cake decorating. We were watching Food Network and they were decorating cakes and she said that that was hard. I said that it didnt look hard to me......she said that I couldnt do it......so....I made her a cake. She liked it but said that it was not a competition. So....I read, and read, and practiced.....fondant, gumpaste, buttercream...... entered a cake in the Illinois DuQuoin State Fair and got best of show. I would not have done it without my wife. She was the best thing that ever happened to me.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 6:39am
post #40 of 72

God bless you Ken in this tough time, so sorry about your wife's passing and thank you so very much for sharing your lovely storey about how the two of you met! You are in our thoughts and prayers!
Much love and hugs to you,
SQuirrelly

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 6:51am
post #41 of 72

Sorry to hear about your loss Ken. My thoughts are with you and your family.

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 7:01am
post #42 of 72

Ken, I am so deeply sorry that you have lost your wonderful wife. Please, accept my sympathy and prayers that you receive some comfort during the days ahead.

Joann

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 7:47am
post #43 of 72

Ken, I am so sorry for your loss. It's so difficult when a loved one passes. Remember that you will be together again in our Father's House where we will spend eternity with our loved ones and never have to experience this hurt again.

God bless you and your home.
Susan

MelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelC Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 2:13pm
post #44 of 72

Oh Ken... my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for your loss.

Hugs and tears...
MelC

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 2:24pm
post #45 of 72

I am so sorry to hear that Ken.. May god be with you always and may she now rest in peace..

Your memory stays on
While you are long gone
As you look from up to down below
Stories of you will continue to grow and flow

Your memory stays on
They will remember you for your ups and downs
They will remember you for all the moments

Your memory stays on and will never run
Your achievements in life will always somehow return
We will miss you with each and every rising sun

bigboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigboots Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 2:55pm
post #46 of 72

I'm so sorry for your loss Ken.
You will be in my prayers.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 3:08pm
post #47 of 72

Oh Ken,

I am so sorry for your loss!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this time of great sorrow!!

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 3:14pm
post #48 of 72

Ken, I'm so, so sorry for you loss.....my thoughts are with you.

melony1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melony1976 Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 3:18pm
post #49 of 72

Ken my prayers are with you in this hard time.

Alien_Sunset Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alien_Sunset Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 4:09pm
post #50 of 72

I met my fiancé online.

we both have blogs, he moved to the area and did a search for other people in the area with blogs, and found me. we started reading each other's blogs and talking online.

I knit, and sell some items, I made some kitty toys and he wanted some for his cats. so we arranged to meet up to exchange. but I 'forgot' the toys, and we ended up sitting and talking four hours in the borders café in our local mall.

we arrange another meeting, but hat time he 'forgot' his money, and we ended up talking again for hours and hours. that night he asked me out on our first real date at the local Thai restaurant. on valentines day.

this valentines day will be our second anniversary.

don't worry, the cats did finally get their toys, and a new set for free every year. icon_wink.gif

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 5:21pm
post #51 of 72

My heart-felt condolences, Ken.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 5:50pm
post #52 of 72

He says we met in middle school, (never even knew we had classes together) but he swears we did.. LOL I told him he must have been a nerd, i don't remember him..HAHA Until High School.. We lived just 3 houses from each other.. I met his sister and we became best friends.. Then I started hanging out with her at her house and well one thing led to another with me and hubby.. We started dating Dec. 88, got married July 89 and had first born Feb 90.. Been together for 16yrs. We now have 4 children and the only thing I would do different.. Is haha be a nicer person and talked to him in middle school..

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 6:33pm
post #53 of 72

Ken--

You have my heart-felt condolences. I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers in the coming days and weeks.

Hugs,
Lisa

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 6:43pm
post #54 of 72

You have my deepest sympathy ken, You will be in my prayers. God Bless You Friend
maxie

Cakeman66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeman66 Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 6:46pm
post #55 of 72

Ken, I know what you mean about being lost... Whether you are with someone for a long period of time or short, you sometimes don't know what you've got or had, until...

Well, I don't know what I'd do without my M. I sometimes think I am lost when she's mad at me for the tiniest thing, but that doesn't even compare.

Best wishes bud,
R

cakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebox Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 8:11pm
post #56 of 72

Dear Ken,
I am sorry for your loss.
With deepest sympathies,
~cakebox

cakelady52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady52 Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 4:16am
post #57 of 72

I met my DH at work. This Feb.4, is our 22th anniversary. Wow and they said it would not last.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 5:53am
post #58 of 72

Ken,

My prayers are with you and your family.

dawnrunner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnrunner Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 6:36am
post #59 of 72

Ken ~ My heart weeps over the death of your precious wife and your pain. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Liis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liis Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 6:44am
post #60 of 72

Ken, i am very very sorry for your loss.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%