This recipe was made from trial and error. I made two mixtures of buttercream. One with salted butter which was too buttery (salty) and one with unsalted butter which was still too sweet. So I combined the two and it became the best buttercream I’ve ever tasted. I use this recipe for all of my cake orders and it is a hit every time!!!
- 1 stick butter (unsalted)
- 1 stick butter (salted)
- 1 cup shortening
- 2lb bag of confectioner’s sugar
- 3 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
- 5-6 tablespoons of milk (cold)
- Cream butter and shortening. Add clear vanilla extract then add confectioner’s sugar. Allow confectioner’s sugar to blend well then add milk. For thinner consistency, add more than 6 tablespoons of milk.