I have been looking for a good shelf stable Peanut butter buttercream (That also works under Fondant), with no luck. After some playing around, and lovely advice from Indydebi, I came up with this! It tastes like the inside of Reese Pieces!!!
- • 1 1/3 cup (Half High-Ratio Shortening, Half Peanut butter – Its almost impossible to measure this being that measuring cups do not come in 1/6′ — It’s ok to eye ball this amount
- • 1 Packet (3 Tbs) of Dream Whip
- • 3 Tbs. Vanilla
• START WITH 1/2 Cup Milk*, Half & Half* OR Liquid coffee Creamer – You will probably need to add more liquid for your given consistency – if so, from here on out add Non Dairy liquid creamer or water (This will make sure that the frosting stays shelf stable). You can probably add more milk but i wanted to make extra sure this would be safe to sit out.
• 2 Lb Powder sugar
1. Cream together Shortening, and Peanut Butter
2. Scrape sides of bowl
3. Add Dream Whip, and Vanilla, Cream together
4. Cream together -Alternate adding powder sugar & liquid till you have reached your desired consistency