What's For Supper--New

Lounge By mkolmar Updated 27 May 2011 , 1:11am by mkolmar

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 12:31am
post #211 of 1314

HOWDY!!! I see everyone is so busy that there is no time to eat, my goodness we will all be bone thin soon (okay, I know I won't be).

Welcome to the table CharlieinMO. I'll have to check out that sight soon since I like crock pot meals.

So how has everyone been? What new exciting things are going on?

Well, life here is calming down in one way...kind of. My mom is back home with my dad but they are still at massive odds with one another.
I've been busy with some cakes but my next order isn't until next week so I have some time to twiddle my thumbs for a few minutes. icon_lol.gif

Yesterday I made BBQ grilled boneless beef ribs, red skinned roasted potatoes, corn with butter, seasoned green beans, applesauce and beer bread with honey butter. Dessert was angel food cake with cream and strawberries but some of the kids wanted ice cream instead.

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 2:36am
post #212 of 1314

Hello table friends. I was out of town last week. I went to Indianapolis, Indiana. My sister and I have gone for the last 3 years. It is a 3 hour drive for me and a 2 hour drive for her. So we meet there for a week of shopping with our girls. We had a great time. I so enjoy spending time with my sister.
My DD and I picked up a summer cold. We both have felt cruddy today. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little better. I did clean and do laundry today. I also got a little yard work done.

Tonight for dinner I made pork chops baked on top of stuffing, sweet corn, corn bread, and cottage cheese. I also made brownies.

Melissa, I'm glad to hear that you are getting a little break. You deserve it. I hope things continue to improve with your parents.

charlieinMO.......WELCOME to the table. Glad you found your way here.

Janine...how are things in your part of the world? You have been a very busy lady. How's the weather? Do you start your next class soon?

Kay...How's Mike doing? What a worry for you, hope things are better soon. And I'll go camping with you anytime. You all eat really well while you are roughing it. LOL

Sparkle and Mewie.....hope all is well with you both. Look forward to hearing what's going on in you little part of the world.

(((((Hugs))))))) to all.

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 8:48pm
post #213 of 1314

Hi everyone!!!

Mkolmar - wonderful to hear youre twiddling your thumbs for a little bit - lol enjoy the rest- sounds like the calm before the storm - ok just kidding, glad things are a bit better with your folks, hope it all gets sorted and settled soon! But im keeping you all in prayer!

Ohara - wow, sounds wonderful to go shopping with your sister and have a girls week - lol glad you had fun, but sorry you and dd dont feel well - hope youre feeling better soon!!
Well, yup, have been busy - thanks for the lovely comments on my cakes - i am having so much fun with it all - and courses start on 5 august - lol looking sooo forward to it all!

well things have been busy here - and im greatful for it , as i love this business - lol I delivered my cowboy and horsey cake to the school today, the woman in the office ordered it for her 5 year old son - lol and loved it - which is wonderful, then i got called to the principals office - yup been a bad girl - lol no, she ordered 2 cakes for friday for the school - they are having a party in honour of our x-president Madiba (Mr Nelson Mandela), so now i have been baking all day long as i need to make a sculpted cake of Madiba's face - yikes - lol and one of the south african flag for friday mornings assembly - lol
When my son got in the car today after school i told him what i was making for his school - and he was sooo excited - bless his heart - lol but he has asked me to make another one of madiba, so he can take it to the x-president and give it to him for his birthday - so hold thumbs folks that 1 - it turns out to like like him - lol and 2 - that we can get to give Madiba his "head on a plate" lol ok, just the cake one - that is what i meant - my son went to bed tonight and couldnt stop talking about how he wants to meet Madiba and have a piece of cake with the man - lol

Well sorry it is sooo long, but im excited for my son, i e-mailed them and am waiting to hear back if my son can meet the great man!!

For dinner last night we had frozen - or should i say re-heated lazagne (sure comes in handy - lol)

tonight my dh helped me with dinner and make steak rolls - lol

I have been baking since 4pm this afternoon, and just a few minutes ago took out my 15th layer of cake - now i am done for the evening!! yipeeeee!!!!

sparklepop - where are you, how are you??? and your in laws are they all ok???
Mewie - where is the tempting food you allways make - lol hope all is well with you

Good night and sweet dreams to all - may tomorrow be bright and beautiful, filled with love, joy peace and happiness for each of you table friends

((((((((((big hugs))))))))))))))))

Ohara Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 9:21pm
post #214 of 1314

Janine...that is SOOOOO exciting!!!!! I can't wait to see your Nelson Mandela cake. What an honor. I hope you actually get to give him one for his birthday. He is celebrating his 90th birthday isn't he. Keep us posted. I'm so happy for you that you are enjoying your caking business. (((HUGS))))

Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 10:14am
post #215 of 1314

Gosh I'm feeling rather exhausted reading some of these posts since I was last on. Janine, man, how exciting for you. You have been one busy little beaver, what with courses and all these cakes and Nelson Mandela. Hope you don't become too famous and forget your friends icon_lol.gif . I know you'll do a great job.
Ohara a girlie shopping week wow I see those credit cards going into melt down LOL. That would have been a great time.
mkolmar so glad to hear your winding down a bit, you deserve a bit of a break. Chin up things are looking up for you.

Well the in-laws are now in the dementia unit, mainly for the FIL the MIL has one medical problem after another. They thought she had scabies but she actually contracted a virus which mimicked the symptoms. Funny how when someone mentions scabies you start to get itchy.
Our Br of the Cake Dec Guild just had their big day of the year where we had some of the best demonstrators in NSW come and visit and dem for us. It was so much fun. I'm Secretary so it always involves a bit of work to set these things up, but it's great when it works out. On Saturday I'm going to see Debbie Brown she is in Oz and doing workshops and dems around the place. I was very lucky to get a place and I'm really looking forward to it.
Oh and here's something of interest the Pope is here and it was predicted that we would have rain and cold temperatures all week. He arrived on Sunday arvo and the weather has been fine with moderate temps (is that Twilight Zone music I can hear icon_eek.gif ) and it's predicted to stay that way until he leaves. Weird huh??

Let see tonight we had home made pizzas
and during the week we've had pan fried fish with garlic prawns, potato chips and vegies.
Baked chicken dinner (yup DH was home that night LOL)
Sloppy Joes on Sunday night easy Dinner.

(((hugs)))) to all

janine1972 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:15pm
post #216 of 1314

Hi table friends!!!

Ohara, thanks, it is going to be fun, and yes , he is celebrating his 90th birthday, but still havent heard if jarod - my son can give him a replica cake for his birthday - lol so will have to phone again and see - hold thumbs, he is soooo excited - lol
But the replica of his head is still on for the school, with the flag - whoo hoo - he he he

Sparklepop - lol no chance of me being famouse - lol im just a little girl in a big big world, who just wants to make her sons dream come true - lol
but thanks, and if by anychance it happens, you's will all be the ones i do remember, ill come visit - lol
so sorry about your inlaws, but wow, wonderful with the cake decorating guilds and dems etc, soooo cool, and debbie brown - lol i would love to go there!! Im sure youre gonna have a swell time doing all this!! big hugs

Well, i have 5 layers in the kitchen calling me to carve them into a human head - lol pray it works right - lol first time doing this too - lol

last night for dinner, dh fried us some steak and we enjoyed lovely steak rolls - lol whilst i baked 15 cakes - lol

tonight i think it must be something quick and easy again - lol something like bangers and mash??? mmm thats a plan!!

Thanks guys for the well wishes, for this cake and hoping to meet the great man himself!!! lol will let you all know how it turns out and when i load the photo on cc - should be sometime friday afternoon - lol

BIG BIG HUGS AND TONS OF LOVE!!!

Ohara Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 1:22am
post #217 of 1314

Last night I grilled steaks, I also grilled squash and zucchini with onions, we also had garlic mashed potatoes.

Tonight we went out for Mexican tonight. Our oldest DD wanted to get together. So we met her and her room mate for dinner. The food was okay.

Sparkle....yes the credit cards were very well used. I only use the one that takes the money out of my checking account, so each night I would check my bank online to see what the damage was. I am a clearance shopper. The cheaper the better. It was a good time. That is weird about the weather.

Hope you all had a good day. Still not feeling well. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Sparklepop Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 9:58am
post #218 of 1314

Well we just heard from the MIL's Dr and he says things aren't good. He's taken her off her blood thinning tablets cause of internal bleeding, her diabetes is out of control, her kidneys are not much good and generally she is very weak. Basically he is preparing us for bad news. So I thought I would let my table friends know if I go AWOL that'll be why.
As much as I know she's ready to go, it doesn't make it any easier.

ohara I hope you're starting to feel better nothing worse than a summer cold thumbsdown.gif
On a lighter note Janine I'm getting worried about you, cakes calling you into the kitchen to carve them into a human head icon_eek.gif I think we'll all start to worry when you start carving the bodies as well icon_lol.gif . I can see the headlines "CAKE PEOPLE TAKE OVER THE WORLD" icon_lol.gificon_eek.gificon_lol.gif Sorry I've got a warped sense of humour haven't I???

Tonight we had Pork Chops marinated in BBQ plum sauce with savoury rice, peas, carrots and chips (which we forgot to take out of the oven and they burnt icon_redface.gif )

((Hugs))) to all

Ohara Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:48am
post #219 of 1314

Sparkle, I am so sorry. I know even when someone is ready, it is never easy for those left behind. I will keep you in my prayers as you all take this journey. Remember that we are all here for you.(((((HUGS)))))

janine1972 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 12:39pm
post #220 of 1314

Hi Table Friends!!

Ohara - i hope that you feel better soon, ((((big hugs!!))))
Sparkle pop ((((big hugs))) - so sorry about your mil, will keep you all in prayers!!!!
Keep up your strength and look after yourself!!
on a lighter note - lol about the cake people - dh and i were joking last night - the face is fatter than should be as the cake sagged a bit - lol so we said it was because he was in the kitchen and could eat us out of house and home - lol
But your sense of humour is like mine - lol way over the top, but that is what keeps us going - lol

ok, Mr mandela's foundation did e-mail me back, and jarod can not meet the man - what a pity, shame he is so broken hearted about it, but still wants to send the cake - lol and his card he made him
and the cake is done, put his hair on - lol but looks like he gained 20 pounds overnight - lol oh well was worth a shot - at least the cake looks like its supposed to be a human, will post it a little later, just want his hair to dry - got him to the hair salon, dentist etc - lol sorry there i go again!!

tonight for dinner is going to be my dh's fav dish to make - sphagetti bolognaise - lol

Sparklepop, im sending you knee-mails!!

Sparklepop Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 10:12am
post #221 of 1314

Thanks for the kind thoughts Janine and Ohara we'll just see how things go.
OK Janine I've got to ask what's a knee-mail icon_confused.gif ???? So sad for your son not getting to meet Mr. Mandella. But will be very interested in seeing him after he been to the Janine Beauty School icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Today is the last of the school holidays here so I took my youngest and his friend to the pics we saw Hancock. Oh and just to prove how far behind we are down here, we saw the preview of Wall-E(?) movie which I've heard talk about on this forum and we don't get it until November icon_eek.gif .

Tonight we had Spaghetti Bolognaise and garlic bread.

Tomorrow I get to go to Debbie Brown thumbs_up.gif and get lunch thumbs_up.gif and then going to a posh restaurant for dinner thumbs_up.gif . So I'll let you know all the culinary delights the next day cause I'll be worn out icon_lol.gif .
Have a great weekend guys

janine1972 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:36pm
post #222 of 1314

Hi everyone!!!

Sparklepop - a knee mail is prayer - lol you go down on your knees and send god a nice long letter -lol so there are plenty of them going up for you and your family!! lol
Thanks, mr mandela had his eyes checked - lol teeth whitened and fixed - lol and his hair done, oh and a slight tan too - he he he
He is in my pics now, the school was very happy with him and the parents etc there in reception were flabbergasted, and couldnt believe it was cake - lol so i felt chuffed - lol the flag is also there and that came out nicely too - whoo hoo

OOOOOh i wish i was you tomorrow - lol sounds like it is going to be a good day!!! and good for you on going to the movies - lol i havent been for years - lol i get them on dvd if i want tosee them - lol

Well, i did 4 cakes for today - lol i must be mad - lol the mandela head, the south african flag all for school , then a chocolate cake with chocolate paste roses for the one woman in the office - lol and then i quickly slapped together a flag cake for my sons class - lol all done and delivered by 12:30 this morning - now no more cake for the weekend - whoo hoo, i need to study - lol

Tonight is a real spoil again - lol
My dh's uncle, whom he does lots of handy man work for, is taking us out to dinner on the business books - as a thank you for the hard work - lol
so it is going to be a treat and a half - lol
will fill you in tomorrow about what we had

Hope all are well and things are going good - lol i got me a little mp3 player, recorder, so i can use it for studying whilst decorating - lol but i now first need to figure out how to get it all working - lol as i am technologically challenged - lol

big hugs to all!!!

Sparklepop Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 10:08am
post #223 of 1314

Well I'm just bursting to tell someone about how great the Debbie Brown Dems were. She is just brilliant and such a nice person. She made a train with circus animals poking their heads out plus the carriage and a sleeping teddy bear. All this in a few hours icon_eek.gif . She gave hints and tips as she was going and the best thing of all is she makes mistakes icon_surprised.gif and things don't always work out perfectly for her either.
So now I'm desperate to make some of her cakes but don't know what to do with them. Then I had a brilliant idea of donating to a child care centre, hey that could bring in extra work for me too. Now the only thing I have to do is work out when to do them. I seem to keep running out of time hmm maybe I can buy some on E-bay icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif .
Janine I though a knee-mail might be something like that but wasn't sure. Thank you so much for that my MIL needs a lot of help at the moment she is very agitated, confused and scared. This is just a day by day thing at the moment.
Last night we went out for dinner, what a disappointment the service was slow, it took 1/2 an hour to get a glass of water icon_eek.gif we were sitting in a cold draught from a open back door (remember it's winter here), the food was slow in coming and disappointing when we got it. We definitely won't be going back.
I had garlic prawns in tomato sauce and feta cheese thumbsdown.gif
Crispy skin chicken on baked vegies, I had no idea what the vegies were the chicken was OK though in a pretty strong sauce, don't know what it was.
Baklava(?) with date ice cream and pistachios which was OK but didn't have much flavour and I love baklava.
Hope your dinner out was better Janine.
Well another book from me
((Hugs))
Lyn

Ohara Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 12:43pm
post #224 of 1314

Sparkle....it sounds like your class was wonderful. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. You deserved that special time. I am sorry that your dinner out was such a disappointment. I was waiting anxiously for you and Janine to report on your exciting nights out.
I will be praying for your MIL and your family. Remember we are here for you.
And if you find a good buy on extra time on ebay could you send me some as well thumbs_up.gif

We went out to lunch yesterday. DH and I split a salad and a sandwich. It was yummy. Last night for dinner I made the men in the house a Mexican dip. DD had chips with cheese on them and I had a sandwich.

Hope every one else is fine. Have a great day.

mewie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mewie Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 9:30pm
post #225 of 1314

Hi Everyone-

Just returned from vacation in Rhode Island. It was great, good weather, extremely hot and humid when we left Saturday though.

Hope everyone is well, haven't read everyone's posts yet, but I'll get there.

Ate alot of seafood, it was great. So last night for family dinner we grilled
hamburgers, pasta salad, corn, beans and fruit.

It's good to be back and look forward to reading and catching up.

Talk to you all soon!
Michele

janine1972 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 6:07am
post #226 of 1314

Hi everyone ((((big hugs)))))))))))) to all!!

Sparklepop - wow, i wish i was you, the class sounds like fun and im glad that you enjoyed it so much, you sure do deserve it!! So sorry about dinner out though!!! especially after swuch an awesome class!!! I am sure te child cares would love some of your cakes, and it does help for business too - lol as for the time, i too would love to get some extra time - lol

Ohara, Thanks for the lovely comments on the cakes - i left that madiba/mandela head in the kitchen over night, and he must have eaten all my junk food in the cupboard - lol seemed to gain 20 pounds on his face overnight - lol actually the cake settled a bit and he ended up with a double chin - but the school loved them both - lol
Glad you had a nice lunch out - and the mexican dip sounds yumm but is it hot??? lol i cant eat hot foods - lol im a woess - he he

Mewie - welcome back - glad you had a lovely holliday - nothing like a holliday to recharge those batteries - lol your food allways sounds yummy!!!(as i am sure it is!)

well, friday night we went out to dinner - dh's uncle took us to say thanks for his hard work
dh & I both had a carvery, i love carvery - lol
there was, beef, pork, lamb/mutton and chicken, spare ribs, and veggies - creamed spinache, pumpkin, rice, chicken ala king, roast potatoes, and more, and then the sallad bar as well, so i had a nice sallad, with a little beef, pork and mutton and some of the veggies - ooh to die for - sparklepop you should have come to dinner with us - lol

I have been asked by the school for my business cards, all the teachers are asking for them as they were so impressed by the cakes - lol whoo hoo, more business -
finaly my web site is also generating me some business have had a few queries and 2-3 orders off there now too - whoo hoo!!!

saturday i made kasseler chops with some corn on cob and some other veggies
snday we had a bbq with my bil and his family
we had club steaks, wors and i made a potatoe bake and corn on the cob, mushroom sauce and a tossed sallad

monday - we ended up having mc donalds burgers - lol not so good, but i had quite a headache and didnt feel like cooking - lol

tonight i plan on making kassler chops, potatoe bake , corn on the cob and some mushroom sauce nd tossed salad

sorry it was soooo long!!
Thank you guys for being such wonderful friends, so supportive and allways there!! ((((Big hugs))))))))

Sparklepop Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 9:57am
post #227 of 1314

I've been running around today, I have a fancy dress party to go to in 2 weeks time, so I have to hire something. It's my niece's Hollywood theme birthday party. I'm making a directors clapperboard standing on the cake with stars around the top and edible images of her growing up around the side of the cake made to look like a film. Sounds great huh, hope I can pull it off, I broke the arm of the clapperboard today, luckily I made 2 but I'll have to try to repair it just in case I break the other one. DH has no interest whatsoever in dressing up and after being to the fancy dress hire place I can't decide. Plus I have to dress the 2 boys but DD's not going, she's not really into that side of the family.
How jealous am I of you guys Ohara you got a lovely salad and sandwich, mewie had yummy seafood, my fav, and Janine you had carvery I think you're right I should have gone with you.
Good on you getting all that work flowing in Janine you certainly deserve it.
Tonight we had chicken schnitzel with chicken gravy, boiled potatoes, broccoli, carrots and peas
From a very chilly down under, have a great day.

janine1972 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:41pm
post #228 of 1314

Hi Everyone

sparklepop - wow, i havent been to a fancy dress since i was a kid - lol im sure youre gonna have a lot of fun!! the cake sounds awesome - tell us when it is done so we can peek at it in your pics - pls!!
i have a great idea for you and dh to go as - lol you can go as the cake and him as a candle - lol
ok, just kidding - a king and queen - now that would suit you both - lol
I am sure youre gonna have a lot of fun though!!
and nextime, come with us to dinner - lol much better and all you can eat too - lol

mkolmar - thanks for the lovely comments on my mr mandela cake - lol was soo much fun!
how are you doing?????

well, i bought the cutest cookie cutters today , a set just for a tea party - lol tea pot, sugar bowl, milk jug, t-spoon , and coffe tea cup and saucer and coffee mug - lol now i cant wait to try them out - lol sorry they were just too darn cute to leave behind - lol

tonight we are having t-bone steak with mushroom sauce, some potatoe bake, corn on the cob and for my ds some mash potaotes and gravy - lol

Hope all the table friends are fit and well, and that they have big smiles on their dials!!
big hugs to all!!!

mkolmar Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:55pm
post #229 of 1314

Woo-hoo. You all have been eating good. I only have a few minutes so I'll make it quick. My friends grandpa passed away so I'm helping out with the food.
We went to the water park on Sunday and my daughter was knocked down on accident by a lady not paying attention and she hit her head hard. Had a big knot. I kept an eye on here and she started trying to fall asleep and then she vomited so I took her to the ER. She had a mild concusion (sp?) She is better now though so I'm happy.

We had breaded chicken, cajun chicken, mac and cheese, sauted zucchini-mushrooms with onion, cinnamon baked apples and red skinned roasted potatoes for dinner and pudding for dessert last night.

I'll try to post later and see how you are all doing today.

Have a good day my table friends!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:10pm
post #230 of 1314

Hi guys! I haven't posted here yet, but I just got a great ecookbok that I thought I'd share icon_smile.gif

mewie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mewie Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 7:52pm
post #231 of 1314

Hi Everyone-

Hope everyone is doing well.

Yesterday for Family dinner I made Bourbon Chicken, Fried Rice and Green Beans with bacon and bleu cheese. Jello and Pudding for dessert. Tonight will be Chicken Marsala, baked potato and some sort of veggie and fruit.

Talk to you all soon!

Ohara Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 2:10am
post #232 of 1314

Hello table friends. Where is everybody?
Mewie, your family dinner sounded wonderful as usual. Any chance you would be willing to share your Bourbon Chicken recipe? Hope all is well with you. Glad you had a great vacation. Were you visiting family, or just relaxing?

Foxymomma....thank you for posting. Feel free to post here more often. Always room for more at the old dinner table icon_wink.gif

Melissa, is your daughter all better? Isn't it awful when our little ones are sick or hurt!

Janine....how are things with you? Are you still busy baking? Do classes start soon?

Kay...How are things with you? Wondering how Mike is feeling.

Sparkle....how are things down under. What's new with the in-laws?
I hope you are taking care of yourself as well as others.

My little girl is not feeling well due to medicine she has to take. I am so tired of seeing her not feeling well. I think I will take her to see the new American Doll movie tomorrow, if she is feeling up to it. I am also planning to take her to the Ohio State Fair on Thursday.

I have cooked a couple of times since I posted last.LOL

I made meatloaf but didn't want to turn on the oven in the heat, so I started the grill, made the meat loaf into large patties and grilled them. DH liked them a lot. I also grilled squash and zuchinni with sweet onions. They were very yummy.

We had hamburgers and hot dogs, with pasta salad, chips and cake. I made WASC with a strawberry cake filling recipe I got here. It was very good. I should have used more filling. I struggle when using filling, as I am scared to over fill and have a mushy cake.

One night I made stuffed red peppers.

Tonight I make my own chicken strips, and made angle hair pasta with a white sauce(box mix, I cheated)

We are having friends for dinner Friday night, I have no idea what I will fix. Maybe I will grill steaks out?? Really I have to decide what we will have for desert , because the is the important part icon_wink.gif

Ok friends....looking forward to hearing from you all soon. I hope all are well. (((HUGS)))

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 8:56am
post #233 of 1314

HeyTable Friends..

I hope all is well with you guys.. WELCOME to the Table Foxymomma.. Please pull up a chair and stay awhile.. We have a few dusty chairs right now LOL I have been one of them.. I tried to get on that site and had trouble.. But I am techno challeneged so it could have been me LOL..
Well it has been a emotional rollercoaster here.. Mike is doing OK so far..He went back to work and has had some problems breathing. But has come home and did some breathing treatments. But they are struggling at work with economy issues.. last week they had Friday off and this last Monday.. Mike took vacation days for pay.. Since he makes valves for cars it is rough right now..But the thing that has got me sad icon_sad.gif is a very ggod friend hubby was sick at the same time as Mike.. He passed away.. He had all kinds of health issues..But he wasn't alot older than Mike and I.. It is really scary.. I am trying to here for my friend.. She is leaving to go have a burial and spreading his ashes in Minnasota (sp).So I am having a time of it right now..

Ok on to FOOD I gotta get my mind off of SAD

Since I got my grill a few months ago I have been a grillin my butt off LOL

Over the last few weeks I have grilled fish, pork loin. pork chops, pork ribs,beef ribs, beer can chicken. chicken breast, potatoes, steak..

but tonight was spaghetti with garlic bread, last night was tacos or taco salad.. it was iffy on weather so I took a break LOL

I now have another great nephew and need to make a shower cake next weekend for him and also another baby shower cake for the same weekend for some one else..So if I am not on for awhile you will know why..

I will try to catch up soon.. (((HHHUUUGGGSSS))) Kay

kaychristensen Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 8:57am
post #234 of 1314

HeyTable Friends..

I hope all is well with you guys.. WELCOME to the Table Foxymomma.. Please pull up a chair and stay awhile.. We have a few dusty chairs right now LOL I have been one of them.. I tried to get on that site and had trouble.. But I am techno challeneged so it could have been me LOL..
Well it has been a emotional rollercoaster here.. Mike is doing OK so far..He went back to work and has had some problems breathing. But has come home and did some breathing treatments. But they are struggling at work with economy issues.. last week they had Friday off and this last Monday.. Mike took vacation days for pay.. Since he makes valves for cars it is rough right now..But the thing that has got me sad icon_sad.gif is a very ggod friend hubby was sick at the same time as Mike.. He passed away.. He had all kinds of health issues..But he wasn't alot older than Mike and I.. It is really scary.. I am trying to here for my friend.. She is leaving to go have a burial and spreading his ashes in Minnasota (sp).So I am having a time of it right now..

Ok on to FOOD I gotta get my mind off of SAD

Since I got my grill a few months ago I have been a grillin my butt off LOL

Over the last few weeks I have grilled fish, pork loin. pork chops, pork ribs,beef ribs, beer can chicken. chicken breast, potatoes, steak..

but tonight was spaghetti with garlic bread, last night was tacos or taco salad.. it was iffy on weather so I took a break LOL

I now have another great nephew and need to make a shower cake next weekend for him and also another baby shower cake for the same weekend for some one else..So if I am not on for awhile you will know why..

I will try to catch up soon.. (((HHHUUUGGGSSS))) Kay

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 11:12am
post #235 of 1314

Kay, you and your friends are in my prayers...

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone icon_smile.gif I'll post the link again

Ohara Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 12:43pm
post #236 of 1314

Oh Kay, I'm so sorry about your friends passing. You have had a rough time this summer. I'm sure you are all concerned about the slow down at work. I will be praying for you and your friend. ((((HUGS)))))

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:50am
post #237 of 1314

Hello everyone - it's been a LONG time... hope there's still room at the table. icon_wink.gif I hope everyone is happy and healthy. icon_smile.gif

Very busy summer with my toddler. Storyland, Funtown, the ocean, and my personal favorite... the kiddie pool w/ slide. icon_razz.gif

tonight's fare:
spinach dahl w/ lentils
brown rice
sauted seitan (yes, we're "Seitan-ists", HAA HAA) icon_evil.gif

Kay- sorry to hear of your loss... ((( hug )))

Sparklepop Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 10:14am
post #238 of 1314

Hey guys hows it going. Glad to see we have some extra faces at the table, welcome one and all, K2cakes we never run out of room at the table.
OK someone has to tell me about this beer can chicken there is another thread about it also with Coca Cola and Bourbon like Mewie made. So are we sticking a beer can inside the chicken icon_eek.gif can't imagine you get much flavour that way icon_confused.gif . Don't know that it will catch on in Oz if you're wasting beer icon_lol.gif .
I've been busy making a Hollywood cake for my niece the party is Saturday night, she picked the cake up today and was wrapt with it. I will definitely post photos when I take them at the party and the cake is set up. This is the fancy dress one I'm going as Scarlet O'Hara (obviously your influence Ohara icon_lol.gif ) DH is Rhett Butler, it's the only costume he would wear, DS1 is Hercules,DS2 is Robin Hood (no tights icon_wink.gif ) and DD decided at the last minute to come and she's not sure what she's coming as yet probably something from Buffy.
Update on in-laws MIL is in hospital we weren't expecting her to come out but low and behold she has made a recovery and will go back to the hostel early next week. DH saw her last Saturday and he said she looked terrible and is amazed, so we are all in shock in a good way.
So for dinner we've had:
Lamb cutlets, boiled potatoes, broccoli, peas and corn
Meat pies, chips and peas
Gypsy chicken with rice
Hope all my table friends are doing well and will catch up with you later.

kaychristensen Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 6:53am
post #239 of 1314

For supper tonight was a quickie meal. Brooke went swimming so we ate late. Sloppy joes and fries.. Night before was pick a left over..

Sparkle Beer can chicken is exactly stick a beer up it's rear.. But the reason it is SSSOOO good is because the steam from the beer (or cola or what ever you choose) is for the steam it creates.. But you add some herbs and spices to the beer and it flavors the inside out.. I also put a BBQ rub on the bird..PS You get to drink about half the can of beer before you sacrice the beer... icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif Trust me it is well worth it.. The chicken is so moist.. Mike doesn't eat white meat chicken but he even ate that because it was ssssoooo MOIST and juicy.. He hate white meat chicken cause he says it is dry and has no flavor..BUT not dry done this way YYUUUUMMMMMMMYYYY icon_biggrin.gif Well gotta take a cake out of the oven Bye for now

mkolmar Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 2:33am
post #240 of 1314

Melissa stands to dust off her chair and then sits her butt down to say "Hi" to her table friends and new table friends. Welcome to the table Foxymomma!
Thanks for the link.
K2--glad to see you are still ok and have that wicked sense of humor.
Kristi-Well twin, I hope that everything is going better for you ((big ol' hug))
Ohara-How's your daughter doing?
Janine--still busy doing cakes?
Sparkle-How was the party? Details girl, details.
Mewie--Can I (and perhaps the rest of the table) come over for dinner one day, I'm always drooling over what you had for dinner. (I'll even make the vegan meal for K2cakes) Please!!!! icon_smile.gif See I still know how to beg like my kids. icon_lol.gif

My daughter is 100% fine. It took about a week but the bump is now off her head. Kids and DH are doing good. Just getting ready for school to start in September. I took my oldest 2 kids to the county fair today to see the art displays from the county schools. 2 kids from each grade was chosen to be in the art exhibit. My daughters in 2nd grade and was chosen and won 1st place for her catagory. My sons in Kindergarten and was chosen and he received second for his catagory. I'm so happy for them, they were both so proud.
I'm not too crazy about birds but my DH loves them. After many years of him asking to get one I finally broke down and bought one this week. I surprised him and he was totally shocked. I told him to help me unload groceries and when he opened up the car there was the bird. I wish you could have seen his face--priceless. It's a cockatiel (native to australia come to find out --right sparkle) It's solid yellow with gray and white speckling. It's called a cinnamon piel cockatiel. DH named it Coco and is totally in love with it. Kids like it too, it's going to be a while for me to love it but I'll slowly get there. It is very pretty though and not too common color wise.

Tonight was grilled cheese and soup for the youngest 2 kids and hot dogs with chips and lemonaid for the oldest 2 kids at the fair ground. I had a chicken sandwich tonight.
I've been cooking a lot but don't ask me what since I seem to not be able to remember. AHHHH I'm 30 going on 100 some days mentally wise.

Have a great night table friends!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%