Putting Down The Cake Club!!!!!!

Lounge By 2sdae Updated 15 Mar 2008 , 1:51pm by moreCakePlz

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 6:18pm
post #421 of 2524

YAY more support. Welcome Heather2780 as the others said, you're more than welcome, were all in it thru thick and thin (okay couldn't resist the play on words) icon_lol.gif

That's all I can seem to think to say at the moment, my brain is full of snot and the dayquil is on it's way - Thank god I have one of those mommy's who will still take care of me even if I'm 31.

Oh and Shellie, I love your quote, it's kept me out of my self pity this last couple days. thumbs_up.gif

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 6:30pm
post #422 of 2524

It keeps me grounded, too, Rambo. No matter how bad things get, I just have to remember to count my blessings. icon_wink.gif This is way off topic, but I'm so excited...DH just called (i'm at work) and told me that my wishlist had been deleted so he couldn't surprise me, but I should order anything I want on CC tonight, just be sure to spend over $100 for the free shipping...WOW! Don't know what got into him, but I like it!! thumbs_up.gif

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 6:45pm
post #423 of 2524

Must be something in the air!!!! I just got the mail there was a copy of whimsical bakehouse and new food scale for me. I didn't order them my DH did on sly! icon_biggrin.gif Why do i feel a "Honey, don't ya feel like baking a little something?" coming this weekend? icon_lol.gif That's his usual nudging for a cake or filled cupcakes. icon_wink.gif

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 6:47pm
post #424 of 2524

Welcome Heather!

Since I am this week's cheerleader I just wanted to direct you to the challenges I posted for this week. Also around that post were some of our weigh ins and goals for the week so you can get an idea of how others have been doing it. Like shellie said, there are no rules, but it has been fun to keep track of goals and I think makes you feel accountable! The challenges are just ideas from other members to consider. Obviously you are not required to do them, but it has been nice to try out some new ideas!

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=55486&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=405

We will enjoy having a new member!

springlakecake Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 6:50pm
post #425 of 2524

awww how sweet! I just got the whimsical bakehouse book too! but I ordered it myself!

Hey amy, you need to clue us in on this high metabolism diet!

Rambo Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 6:54pm
post #426 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

Yes please icon_biggrin.gif

2sdae Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 6:54pm
post #427 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

awww how sweet! I just got the whimsical bakehouse book too! but I ordered it myself!

I 2nd that!

shelbur10 Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 7:10pm
post #428 of 2524

Neat little trick I have picked up...I've never been a gum chewer, but I've started chewing IceBreakers gum all day and I've found that when I spit it out to eat food, it tastes funny, almost like the mint has permanently flavored my mouth. Nice little deterrent.

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 7:20pm
post #429 of 2524

Thankyou everyone for your welcome it was so sweet I will have to readjust my wiegh ins so i can do it on thursday with you all. so like i said i bought my elpitical last week and that was such a hard choice because there are so many cake things that I want so bad that I never buy because I cant spend the money so when I had the money and had to choose I chose the elpitcal but im telling you it was hard so now im on it 20 mins a day which is great considering I started at 2 mins at a time i'm still not moving super fast but im on it and thats all that matters I also have the luxury of having a complete gym wieght machine thing that is my husbands out in the garage and I vow to dust it off and get on it this week in the spirt of full disclosure and being held accountable I wiegh in at 284 pounds im 5'5 but hey im working on it my goal is to loose 2 pounds a week over the next year and to loose 50 pounds my my anniversary in july icon_surprised.gif so enough about me sorry I tend to ramble im working on that to. I read the goals for the week posted by our cheerleader and I see nothing that can not be achieved so thankyou and good luck everyone.

Rambo Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 8:21pm
post #430 of 2524

I do the ellyptical when I manage to drag my butt to the gym. I love that thing but getting there is most of my struggle. I started at 2 minutes too. I was up to 30 but now I do 20 minute intervals, (2 minutes at a steady pace, one minute as hard as I possibly can). That's all the time I have to squeeze in a work out while by littlest munchkin is in preschool. It's supposed to be the next best thing to running as far as calorie burning goes.

This is a great site if you want to get a perspective on how much you really are getting done in the work out department. House and yard work can be counted too. icon_biggrin.gif
http://www.prevention.com/channel/0,5784,s1-4-0-0-0-0,00.html

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 9:01pm
post #431 of 2524

Hey all,

This is something I found in a Womans World magazine a couple months ago. "Lose 7 pounds in 3 Days" I snatched that bugger up in no time. It was something I could do. Ingredients I already have!!!!

Here is a sample day! You can eat this for three days and you can vary it like I am doing.

Upon rising in the morning drink 1 cup water with 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. (I use apple cider vinegar. The stuff is a miracle worker.) 1/2 cup oatmeal (I cook 1/2 cup dry oats which is the serving on the Quaker Quick Oats container) add a cap full of Maple syrup and a few dashes of cinnamon to your oatmeal. Yummy! With that you have a one whole egg +3 egg white omlet with salsa!

For a snack you can have a cup of warm milk with a dash of cinnamon or a non-fat latte and an apple. That really fills you up. You can eat raw almonds for a snack as well. You can have a large can of V-8 and celery.

For lunch you can have 3 Cups of salad greens with a tomato, diced green pepper, and chopped parsley with 3 oz. of grilled chicken. For the dressing mix 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp. olive oil and seasoning salt to taste. I have a mini whisk that I use to blend it in a small bowl. It doesn't seem like much but it's just right. Your salad isn't drenched in dressing and I like that. It gets perfectly coated when you toss it with your fork.

For dinner you drink another glass of water with apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. You can have 3 oz. tuna or 3 oz. salmon with broccoli and a sweet potato, or brown rice. I had no idea how how good sweet potatoes were and even brown rice!!! YUMMY!!!!!

Do this meal plan for three days and you'll see the water weight go down litterally. You'll notice you have to go to the bathroom quite a bit but it doesn't keep you from leaving the house. You definately notice you're peeing more than you're taking in. Water weight is a pain in the rump if you as me! All that excess water inbetween our cells that we carry around all the time is just horrible. The first time I did this I lost 6.5 pounds in water weight in three days. Then the holidays hit and I was not holding back so now that my husband is deployed this is my opportunity to make it a total of 22 pounds weight loss including fat of course.

Today is my third day. I started Wednesday weighing 183.5 and now today I am 178.5! I have one of those digital scales that are super sensitive so it catches every thing and calculates fat %! We'll not talk about that. First things first though with any diet, water weight is the first to go. My pants fit better and I find myself staring at myself forward and sideways in the mirror now even before I pull up my pants after going to the bathroom! icon_redface.gif Hey, when you notice it you really like to notice it. It's a great reminder of how well it's working and that YOU CAN DO IT!!!

If you do an internet search you can find a lot of information about High-Metabolism foods!!!!! I highly recommend this! You're not depriving yourself of anything and you can modify it after the first three days by adding an extra 200 calories to your day!

Amy

*edited~Hi Katie!!!!!!!! It's all melted now with the rain, of course! Still cold though! I grew up in South Tacoma. Well I went to HS there and lived across from PLU and attended Pierce Community College, both campuses.

springlakecake Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 9:14pm
post #432 of 2524

thanks for the tips Amy! I will definitely have to look into that!

cakemommy Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 9:16pm
post #433 of 2524

Oh oh oh, I forgot to also add that I use coconut oil in place of regular oil when cooking my omlet and I rub my sweet potato with it before baking. You can find coconut oil in health food stores. Do some research on coconut oil. It's a wonderful product but you do have to like coconuts I will say that much!

The coconut oil is from the first press!

Amy

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 9:22pm
post #434 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbur10

DH just called (i'm at work) and told me that my wishlist had been deleted so he couldn't surprise me, but I should order anything I want on CC tonight, just be sure to spend over $100 for the free shipping...WOW! Don't know what got into him, but I like it!! thumbs_up.gif

WOW!!! What a nice surprise!!! I'm excited for you icon_biggrin.gif

-Lisa

cakemommy Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 9:24pm
post #435 of 2524

You better hurry up and shop girl!!!!!!!

Amy

bluehen92 Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 9:29pm
post #436 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by heather2780

I chose the elpitcal but im telling you it was hard so now im on it 20 mins a day which is great considering I started at 2 mins at a time i'm still not moving super fast but im on it and thats all that matters

Hi Heather & welcome to the group! You are so right - just getting on that darn thing is what matters thumbs_up.gif

-Lisa

springlakecake Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 9:49pm
post #437 of 2524

Well I think the wicked weekend is officially here! Do your best to stay on track! Youll be happy you did on Monday morning. I wont be too tempted tonight because I wont be going out. My husband "has to" go to a RedWings game "for work" tonight. So I guess I might as well just have a salad. But I am telling you the "old me" would have ordered pizza!

shelbur10 Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 5:57pm
post #438 of 2524

what was I thinking??? had a girlfriend over for dinner last night and I made chocolate cupcakes with raspberry mousse filling and whipped choc. ganache frosting. icon_eek.gif Thank goodness she took some home with her!!! Luckily the mexican we had for dinner didn't sit too well with me, so I didn't have much urge to eat.

Good job choosing the salad, Merissa! I love salads, I just never keep stuff in the house, and it goes bad so quick, blah blah ... icon_rolleyes.gif

2sdae Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 8:39pm
post #439 of 2524

congrats to you both for resisting the old urges!
I finally made a cake without taste testing it!!!!! thumbs_up.gif
I made a Elmo cake for my 2 year old. She just loves Elmo and I was anxious to use one of my new character pans I bought from Micheals, they had them on sale for 6.99! So I stocked up. icon_rolleyes.gif
Hope all is good with you and all of yours and remember girls........

RUN FAT CELLS RUN!!!!!!

springlakecake Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 10:16pm
post #440 of 2524

hi guys! I just spent literally ALL day making my son's 4th birthday cake for tomorrow. I have cleaned the kitchen at least 12 times today. I just cannot bring myself to make dinner and then clean up AGAIN! So I am at that crossroads again...I want to get something healthy. Hmmm...what to get?

I wasnt 100% perfect while making the cake I will have to admit. I did some licking and tried a spoonful of my raspberry filling and had a couple of crumbs of cake...but much better than I normally would do.

shelbur10 Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 2:21am
post #441 of 2524

Not bad, Merissa, tastes don't really count.

AWESOME job, Tuesday!!

Okay, the call of the cupcakes got me today...they are SO yummy! Tomorrow is another day...

springlakecake Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 12:00pm
post #442 of 2524

Tuesday your elmo cake turned out great! I like it with the grass tip fur, looks more realistic (for an elmo that is!) Do you like making the rolled buttercream? I have not made it before.

Okay so I ended up getting subway last night, no cheese, no dressings. It was good though! Today I have to go to chuck e cheese (AGAIN) for my son's birthday today. I think I will end up with another salad and save my treat for dessert! I made a stacked batman cake white cake with raspberry filling and a chocolate cake with raspberry filling. We seriously dont need that much cake!! I will have to send a lot home with my parents or freeze it so I dont eat it. It will be a challenge, but I am up for it!

bluehen92 Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 12:46pm
post #443 of 2524

Good job girls for resisting temptation! I was not so good yesterday when my daughter (8 years old) started practicing one of her entries for the upcoming chocolate festival. They have a kids division, and she's going to make at least two different kinds of cookies, and maybe some brownies or a cake (you can enter as many things as you want). I want her to practice as often as she can, just to get the hang of scooping and measuring the ingredients. Fortunately the KA does all of the dirty work so I don't have to help with much of anything except handing her the correct measuring cup/spoon and getting things into and out of the oven. Yesterday she made chocolate cookies with chocolate-caramel chips in them - do we have a drool smilie? They were good! I took a bunch to my parents house last night, and the rest are going into work with DH on Monday, but I did "sample" more than I should have yesterday.

But today is another day!

-Lisa - off to get on the treadmill...

2sdae Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 1:41pm
post #444 of 2524

Thanks for the kind words for Elmo, he isn't the same now his face has ben cut! icon_lol.gif I did fall a little short late last night when I munched on a good size piece of ol elmo. Darn that good ol white chocolate decadence cake...I just can't resist it! icon_cry.gificon_rolleyes.gif Guess I'll have to stop making it hu? icon_confused.gificon_razz.gificon_rolleyes.gif
And to answer your question Merissa, I do like rolled buttercream It's a little more greasy than MMf or other fondant but you can add more p.s. to fix that. But my kids and Dh love it! It's the ONLY fondant my hubby likes at all. icon_rolleyes.gif But it is harder to cover a cake in. Tears very easily. But reairs easier too. A little pinch of r/b and a little water on a soft brush and you can blend the repair right in without being able to see it at all. That's nice!

2sdae Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 12:42am
post #445 of 2524

Well since I will be busy with my gumpaste and fondant class in feb when my birthday comes along I went ahead and made my birthday cake. So I am going to have a slice. Tomorrow I start my fast for church so I will be very limited on what I eat or drink so This is one week I know I won't gain! Hope everyone's weekend was good. Sees ya tomorrow for weekend recovery! thumbs_up.gif

shelbur10 Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 1:58am
post #446 of 2524

Wow! AWESOME Batman and Elmo cakes, ladies! They look fantastic (and delicious). The weekend hasn't been so bad so far, except for those darn cupcakes jumping into my mouth. Darn things!! I'll bet you're so proud of your daughter, Lisa. Mine is 7 and always begging to help me in the kitchen, one of these days I'm going to let her go it alone.

springlakecake Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 12:30pm
post #447 of 2524

So how was everyone's weekend? I at a little more than I wanted to at my son's birthday party. But I am still feeling pretty successful because I know my former self would have eaten a lot more. I was only going to have a salad a CEC but I forgot to order it, so I ended up having 2 piece of pizza and a larger than necessary piece of cake. (I planned on having the cake though) So far this was my only junk food I have had this week (if I dont count my BC licking the other day) So I am pretty happy with myself. I feel my will power strengthening, and I am starting to feel less tempted. I am feeling pretty optimistic this week! I still have to do my measurements and maybe photos icon_eek.gif ! I was going to do it last night but I was so exhausted from cake decorating, cleaning and 4 year old birthday party I didnt get around to it. I need to get my butt in gear this morning and get to exercising. I hope everyone is feeling good about themselves this morning! JUST SAY NO! To fat that is! icon_biggrin.gif

2sdae Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 1:37pm
post #448 of 2524

Well my fast has started. So there will deff be no cheating for at least today until friday. I will need all of help with this I can get. This is my first juice fast I have attempted. My hubby is fasting from meat only since he has a full work week to get through. My kids are fasting from sweets so we are all going to be grumpy around here! icon_lol.gificon_confused.gificon_eek.gif

I took my measurements and they are still the same but we'll see on thursday how they anti up. I am starting a new exercise program today. Just want to try to get more exercise and feel a little more like I am taking care of me and helping myself by myself. Confidence builder ya know. So I am adding this new excercise program to my weekly goals lists for the next couple of weeks to help out.

Hope all is good with all of you who receieved all that winter weather over the weekend, we just got some icy rain and mud, mud, mud! That's been our weather status now for 3 weeks! I have had a hard time getting out to walk or run in it. So Ladies let's get em up and get them FAT CELLS ON THE RUN!!!!!!

CHARGE!!!!!!!

shelbur10 Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 1:44pm
post #449 of 2524

Well, my jeans are feeling a little snug today, so I think my cupcake weekend may have done some damage. I also made a practice cake last night that I intended to bring to work, but DH claimed it as his own. But it is a new week and I am back on track today!!

2sdae Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 2:32pm
post #450 of 2524

I have a challenge I am thowing out there just to boost our monday.

O.K so everytime you put something in your mouth, drink or eat, ask your self this"Do I really need this and do I really want this, Will I regret eating/drinking this? icon_eek.gif It is amazing what you put right back down. icon_rolleyes.gif
Keep track of these converations with yourself and see what you can spare yourself having to loose later while gaining self pride for "putting down the cake!!!" thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif javascript:emoticon('thumbs_up.gif') thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%